Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,360

I just bought the dog today. This is my first render with it. So far I like it.

A dog's best friend is the one who carries her home after the walk.

Gallery link

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

@barbult  That is precious!

@wonderland    Kathryn Loch had free fur brushes which were available before her death. I had in it the References of this thread, and if anyone wants to putz with drawing fur....

Here's the tutorial  and the brushes. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

The brushes can't be downloaded, it says the page download link go to doesn't exist :( The tutorial are still up though :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,060
    Carola O said:

The brushes can't be downloaded, it says the page download link go to doesn't exist :( The tutorial are still up though :)

I just downloaded them from the link in Novica's post.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    Fishtales said:
    Carola O said:

I just downloaded them from the link in Novica's post.

huh.. when I tried the first time, I got that the page didn't exist. But when I tried now, it worked *mightily confused* I am assuming I either had way too little coffee in me or dA was messing with me :)

Carola O said:

huh.. when I tried the first time, I got that the page didn't exist. But when I tried now, it worked *mightily confused* I am assuming I either had way too little coffee in me or dA was messing with me :)

I'll go with the option A. Get some coffee! :) Love to see what you folks do with those brushes. I've had them on my list forever to experiment with. You know how that goes. 

I've got to go get some sleep. The air conditioning guys are coming back at 7am (a couple hours from now) to go up in the attic and check the ducts. We're going to have to get a new air conditioner. Goodbye $6000 up. Can't complain, had it since 2004 and it is Florida. We're rather rough on air conditioners!

Thanks @fishtales for verifying that worked. 

edited June 2018

@V3Digitimes   The link to the pdf in the ReadMe for Ultimate Pose Mixer is saying forbidden. Wanted to give your product a try, it looks like fun! Now I really AM going to get to bed (now it's 5:20am. Sigh.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Novica said:

@V3Digitimes   The link to the pdf in the ReadMe for Ultimate Pose Mixer is saying forbidden. Wanted to give your product a try, it looks like fun! Now I really AM going to get to bed (now it's 5:20am. Sigh.) 

Novica, I just tried the ReadMe and see it fine. Maybe try again (maybe relog).

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,062
    Novica said:

Yes, if the ReadMe was not found, then you would have a message popup saying that "it was not found-please check installation and try again" (it sound better in the script but I forgot the original words). This is "forbidden", it probably means that there is a problem when opening the pdf itself (from the program supposed to open the pdf?). Anyway no worry, you have THREE ways to reach the documentation : 1. from the scripts and shortcuts use : "upm !!pose mixer documentation" and it will open the pdf, 2. at the root folder where you installed your product there is a copy of the documentation, (at the same level of the "scripts" product), and normally you can also find it in the http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/53343/start page, but you are right, this one is broken, I also have the "forbidden" answer. I will ask Daz to fix this, this is an issue coming from their website configuration I guess.

Novica said:

Thanks Cris for confirming. It seems that the internet link is broken on the Daz Site product page, this is were I have a forbidden, but the links to the documentation inside the product itself work fine.

Novica said:

Yes, if the ReadMe was not found, then you would have a message popup saying that "it was not found-please check installation and try again" (it sound better in the script but I forgot the original words). This is "forbidden", it probably means that there is a problem when opening the pdf itself (from the program supposed to open the pdf?). Anyway no worry, you have THREE ways to reach the documentation : 1. from the scripts and shortcuts use : "upm !!pose mixer documentation" and it will open the pdf, 2. at the root folder where you installed your product there is a copy of the documentation, (at the same level of the "scripts" product), and normally you can also find it in the http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/53343/start page, but you are right, this one is broken, I also have the "forbidden" answer. I will ask Daz to fix this, this is an issue coming from their website configuration I guess.

Novica said:

Thanks Cris for confirming. It seems that the internet link is broken on the Daz Site product page, this is were I have a forbidden, but the links to the documentation inside the product itself work fine.

I clicked on the ReadMe link on the product page to test it for those that don't yet have the product and it's working.

Novica said:

Novica said:

I clicked on the ReadMe link on the product page to test it for those that don't yet have the product and it's working.

How, I don't know what it depends on. Maybe the web browser. I have the forbidden option both with firefox and chrome... I'll inform Daz anyway. Anyway I think people will probably double click on the "UPM !!Pose Mixer Documentation" icon.

I don't know Cris if you used the Daz Connect install, but in this case, I have a patch for one of the file of the product (the first one, the one which will install a shortcut of all the scripts directly in the top menu). You can find it here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/260426/ultimate-pose-mixer-commercial joined to the first post of the topic. Working to update the product, this will come as an additional script (there will be one Installer in Menu for DIM/Manual, and one installer for Daz Connect).

edited June 2018

Air conditioning guys just left, wanted to pop in before I went back to bed. Just to be clear (and I did say this)-  it's not the ReadMe that won't open, it's the PDF linked IN the ReadMe.  (As V3Digitimes noted and is asking Daz to fix) I am using Chrome for the browser.

Can't wait to play with this product in the near future. And congrats too @crispalomino for your Crone for Etta HD  

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Air conditioning guys just left, wanted to pop in before I went back to bed. Just to be clear (and I did say this)-  it's not the ReadMe that won't open, it's the PDF linked IN the ReadMe.  (As V3Digitimes noted and is asking Daz to fix) I am using Chrome for the browser.

Can't wait to play with this product in the near future. And congrats too @crispalomino for your Crone for Etta HD  

Doh! Thanks, Novica, got it.

And thanks, I hope people like CRONE.

Novica said:

Doh! Thanks, Novica, got it.

And thanks, I hope people like CRONE.

Yes CRONE is really different from what we often have, and this is good to see so much creativity.. Plus what you can do with her is very versatile! Congrats!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,755
    barbult said:

I just bought the dog today. This is my first render with it. So far I like it.

A dog's best friend is the one who carries her home after the walk.

Gallery link

Ugh, why did you do that? You're going to make me change my mind again... Great render. Too good...

edited June 2018
    Novica said:

@barbult  That is precious!

@wonderland    Kathryn Loch had free fur brushes which were available before her death. I had in it the References of this thread, and if anyone wants to putz with drawing fur....

Here's the tutorial  and the brushes. 

Thanks, I already have fur and hair brushes, but I can always use more, especially free ones! I just watched the video and it's interesting that she painted on the texture maps themselves. I usually paint on the final render...  Do you know how she died? She had a flu in the video, I hope that wasn't it. So sad, this is recent... 

@Barbult's render is now making me want to get the dog again, ugh. I keep spending money I can't afford. Still on the fence about that stupid dog...

BTW, you sound like me, I often go to sleep at ridiculous hours when the birds are already up and chirping LOL! 

Post edited by Wonderland on

Thanks Novica and Wonderland for the nice comments on my dog picture. I'm not trying to convince you to spend money you'd rather save for something more useful to you. I hesitated myself for several days. Finally I decided to get the dog and a few addons to get the discount for 5 or more items. I didn't go wild and buy everything - just enough to get a couple breeds, one pose set and the collars and one accessories set. So far, I am happy I got it, even though I've only done the one render so far. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

Yes it’s a great dog I like that image Barbult..

barbult said:

Thanks Novica and Wonderland for the nice comments on my dog picture. I'm not trying to convince you to spend money you'd rather save for something more useful to you. I hesitated myself for several days. Finally I decided to get the dog and a few addons to get the discount for 5 or more items. I didn't go wild and buy everything - just enough to get a couple breeds, one pose set and the collars and one accessories set. So far, I am happy I got it, even though I've only done the one render so far. 

I was kidding. I know you weren't trying to do anything but do a great render and you succeeded! For over a year now I've been saying I don't NEED to buy anything else, I have enough for a lifetime, and then I see great renders or promos and all my resolve (and money) goes down the drain! 

barbult said:

I was kidding. I know you weren't trying to do anything but do a great render and you succeeded! For over a year now I've been saying I don't NEED to buy anything else, I have enough for a lifetime, and then I see great renders or promos and all my resolve (and money) goes down the drain! 

I hear ya. I can go a few days without buying anything, but I don't think I've ever lasted a week except when I'm traveling without internet connection. There are always new interesting things and improved technology that make the old things look less interesting. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Kathryn died of a lung embolism.  Very sudden and very unexpected.  It still makes me very sad....

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

@Barbult - I adore your dog across the shoulder render.  Now I might get the small dog add on!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

Novica, I didn't read the posts before I posted and did not realize that you had just lost your cat. My apologies. I feel terrible. 

I haven't been back yet until today. Still can't figure out how to reset world-center on a character merged into an image. You would think world center would be world center in any image regardless of props or scenes or other what not that was loaded, and that if you merged two scenes, it would determine a consistent world center for all loaded content. 

I wonder what I missed at Rendo yesterday... 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited June 2018

This thread may provide some relief for anyone experiencing the same problems I do. At least you can control your character positions a little better. 

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41704/hey-daz-can-we-get-poses-that-don-t-move-our-figures-out-of-position/p1

Post edited by donovancolbert on

@Barbult - I adore your dog across the shoulder render.  Now I might get the small dog add on!

It's kind of special to me. When I was growing up, we had a small dog (not a dachshund). My sister and I would take it for a long walk. It got so pooped we'd have to carry it home.  We didn't throw it over our shoulders, but still, this image is nostalgic for me, just for the sentiment of it. 

Novica, I didn't read the posts before I posted and did not realize that you had just lost your cat. My apologies. I feel terrible. 

Oh heavens, nothing even registered as "off base" so I don't even know what you're referring to. :)  Appreciate the concern but no apology necessary. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,961

Was Kathryn the PA DraagoonStorm in the DAZ Store? That is very sad, whatever age.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@donovancolbert, Nothing you can't get today for the same price… Sale is good through the 24th.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    L'Adair said:

@donovancolbert, Nothing you can't get today for the same price… Sale is good through the 24th.

Holy crap, awesome sale! Thank you!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Was Kathryn the PA DraagoonStorm in the DAZ Store? That is very sad, whatever age.

No kathryn wasn't a PA, she was an author who used Daz to make her book covers.  And she was a very good author.  I am a rather rabid reader and I would highly recommend her books she was very good....

This discussion has been closed.