The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ooops, sorry! :red: I'll give it a shot, but I'm terrible at weather control. Last time I tried to make it rain, when I was in California, we got floods... :red:
    Love it! This is a true one from my past. One summer everyone was gripping about how hot and dry it had been for weeks. Me and my older brother had been drinking all day so we were feeling no pain and getting goofy. We decided to go into the driveway and do a Rain dance, I should mention we are of American Indian desent. We danced around and had a good old time. The next day it started raining and rained almost non-stop for a week. His wife and daughter forbid us to EVER do it again. This is true, I swear. I have backup if you need it.
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

eeks. i got a zit on my chin. isn't there a rule against having a zit at 48yo? like a rule of nature or something?

I wish! I'm 53 and I occasionally get a zit, usually after eating a ton of fatty food.

Very annoying!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ooops, sorry! :red: I'll give it a shot, but I'm terrible at weather control. Last time I tried to make it rain, when I was in California, we got floods... :red:
    Love it! This is a true one from my past. One summer everyone was gripping about how hot and dry it had been for weeks. Me and my older brother had been drinking all day so we were feeling no pain and getting goofy. We decided to go into the driveway and do a Rain dance, I should mention we are of American Indian desent. We danced around and had a good old time. The next day it started raining and rained almost non-stop for a week. His wife and daughter forbid us to EVER do it again. This is true, I swear. I have backup if you need it.

Oh, I believe all right! I'm actually Mescalero Apache on my mothers side, not enough to claim tribal affiliation but enough that it shows it my face.

I've had way too many interesting and odd experiences in my life to dismiss anything right away.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    One summer everyone was gripping about how hot and dry it had been for weeks. Me and my older brother had been drinking all day so we were feeling no pain and getting goofy. We decided to go into the driveway and do a Rain dance, I should mention we are of American Indian desent. We danced around and had a good old time. The next day it started raining and rained almost non-stop for a week. His wife and daughter forbid us to EVER do it again. This is true, I swear. I have backup if you need it.

Oh, wow. When I was a kid, I did this thing too, and managed to get my grandfather to it as well (there may be discriminating photos in my mother's stash), and the same thing happened. :lol: Not a Native American, though.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I just checked the temperature for BWI airport. It is 99 degrees F with a heat index of 104 F. wow. I think a front is supposed to come through the mid-Atlantic states, but it won't push all of the hot and humid air out. ick. So, summer is here. Houston, Texas is 10 degrees cooler. Sometimes I feel like moving north to Boston, MA in the summer because Boston is has cooler weather.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

I need something to eat but I do not know what.

my watch has little fang marks on the band. I do not wear my watch all the time as it sometimes bothers my skin. Right now I am not wearing it.

My curse has finally come. i need to do something useful but i need to eat first.

I tried to make vampire dragons but just getting failed attempts.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

WOW!! That is some cool stuff you two. Woolyloach it is nice to kind of meet another true American, blood is blood. My grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee who got to stay in Alabama because my great grand mother (died before my birth) married a white man before the great exodus* and Nanny (Ohma) was kept as his child but never adopted. *That's the trail of tears for you other folks. My farther was born in 1918 and grew up with the stigma of Half-Breed in is younger life. My brother and sisters and I are only a fourth Indain but to me I'm more Native than not. The other 75% is not as pure as my 25%. I could have went to collage on a scholarship if I had of known back then but I never paid it any attention. My Father tried to live his life as a White man once he was on his own and wanted us to be strong and proud and make it as a person and not think of ourselfs as anything other than normal people. Which we all did. We are proud of our heritage but do not use it to gain from. Only my neice is in a tribe right now (papers and all, we can prove our bloodline) and goes to the pow wows and big tribale gatherings.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited June 2012

i iz feeling nervous energy today. not sure where it's coming from.

hopefully it's not a pre-monition. tomorrow is the end of the quarter and i find out if my temp contract is extended another 3 months.

i luvv this http://www.papervision3d.org/

forget flyout menus, i wanna learn how to make papervision

click on the fish and the camera follows

it's a fancy flash.swf file

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

great it is one pm and i have not eaten lunch yet. i better get on that.

I already fed Melody and Micah. I just need to feed myself.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    WOW!! That is some cool stuff you two.

I probably should mention that Ye Olde Tyme Finns had a serious reputation for being weather-witches, people who could bend the winds to their will.

And we gave Vikings nightmares. ;)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

huuh? i just refreshed the page and it didn't jump to the top! yayyy!

edited December 1969

huuh? i just refreshed the page and it didn't jump to the top! yayyy!

Oh hey ditto.

edited December 1969

maybe I will have two hot pockets.

My air conditioner is set to 77 and it is running. I bet it is like 90 something out there or over a hundred.

Something is wrong with my wacom so I had to use another mouse that I had to use the computer.

edited December 1969

That reminds me, I got a new mouse today. I told Significant Otter while we were doing groceries that we probably should nip to our regular computer store to buy a mouse, 'cause mine has gone crap, and he said "I kinda need a new keyboard too", and then we got a basic bulk optic mouse for me (like I prefer), and he got a fancy wireless keyboard + mouse.

I am happy to report that misbehaving has stopped, and I can drag-and-drop just fine with my new mouse without losing button control.

edited December 1969

Stuffed with one soft taco and one crispy taco. The tacos from Kens Tacos And More are HUGE!!!

Sleepy now. Want to go home and render.

edited December 1969

My hot pockets are in the microwave.

edited December 1969

Ditto, except I'm at home. And I ate a meatpie with sausages.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Ditto, except I'm at home. And I ate a meatpie with sausages.

at first I read that as magpie with sausages.

I have a pot pie in the freezer. I think it is a beef pot pie. Is that what you mean by meat pie?

edited December 1969

Nope, Finnish meatpie is... well... it is a pretty horrorshow food. Gruesome. But sometimes you just crave it, and when you do, it is for the best to obey it.

I think it is for the best if you read about it. Basically, it is Friday night best-sellers when you're drunk, and want something warm, because it is cold (so 9 months out of 12) or because it is warm-ish (3 out of 12), and really don't care about quality and this is what you've always eaten, so what's the big deal...

edited December 1969

this is the weather in Richmond.

20120629.jpg
    544 x 180 - 23K
  • SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Nope, Finnish meatpie is... well... it is a pretty horrorshow food. Gruesome. But sometimes you just crave it, and when you do, it is for the best to obey it.

I think it is for the best if you read about it. Basically, it is Friday night best-sellers when you're drunk, and want something warm, because it is cold (so 9 months out of 12) or because it is warm-ish (3 out of 12), and really don't care about quality and this is what you've always eaten, so what's the big deal...

You clearly live in the wrong part of Finland.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. *waves*

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. *waves*

waves!

edited December 1969

I thought there was a little rhyme about magpies and pies.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. *waves*

waves!

Particles!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. *waves*

waves!

Particles!

What about string theory?

edited December 1969

Just ate a sweet potato. It was good.

I put it in the oven and laid down for a bit. Next thing I knew it was an hour latter and my sweet potato was done. glad it was not burnt.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

It has been a while since I have eaten a Hot Pocket. I should buy some.

The heat index at BWI Airport is 102 degrees F... at 8:45 in the evening.

Looks like some storms are headed my way. If you don't hear from me this weekend, my power is out.

I want to go to Richmond, Virginia to see the Civil War memorials. Ok, bye

edited June 2012

ps1borg said:
    Morning. *waves*

waves!

Particles!

What about string theory?

dualities - of course ! :) Then there is the Higgs Bison, a furry animal found in long winding tunnels |O|

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

NIce sunny day here, cool in the shade. Cold really, out of the sun :)

This discussion has been closed.