The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

chocolate milk and elfudge cookies , perfect bedtime snack

Not feeling to adventurous today so haz coffee and grilled shark and fried potato chips and a slice of lemon in a box for lunch. *hopes the shark is dead*

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I tried to get back to school in the fall but it does not seem possible. I do not know when I can return to school if ever.

*hugs*

Thanks

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I tried to get back to school in the fall but it does not seem possible. I do not know when I can return to school if ever.

*hugs*

Thanks

I got into uni on the third try, just never gave up, and now haz prolly too many degrees. Anything is possible for you :)

edited December 1969

whoa rain and bright sun == nice rainbow ! :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of opening a cafe press shop. Not sure if they will ship to Australia though.

edited June 2012

There is a cafepress dot com dot AU (for Australia) I buy stuff from that comes from the USA from so looks like it ships to us at least :) eta I got one of these http://www.cafepress.com.au/mf/32892196/gotta-have-art_tshirt are they in the store you see?

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,577
    edited December 1969

...ugh, woke up this morning with a terrible sore throat and cough. Bad timing as well since this is the busiest time of the month for me at the day job (even more so as my workload has doubled since i had to take over billing for the Digital Print department). To make matters even more fun, the manager for my primary client wasn't there today so I had to stay the whole day (had hopes of leaving a bit early to beat the rush home and try to nurse myself back to some semblance of health - so much for that idea).

Picked up a microwave bowl of good ol' fashioned chicken soup for lunch on the way in. Helped take the edge off a bit so I could make it through the rest of the day. Have biochemists ever figured out why it works so well for colds?

Started drizzling on the way home, at least it was in the 70s instead of the 50s and I made all my connections so I didn't have to stand and wait very long. Almost thought about picking up some of that wonderful Curry Korma Chicken I love on the way home, but at around 10$, a bit spendy for the day before payday. Instead made a bowl of very spicy chili with extra onions in an attempt to burn the bug out,. So far it seems to be working.

Weekend in another day. Wish I could figure out how to mess with the space time continuum to make it last longer.

MissBadWolf, hang in there. If returning to school is what you want, keep plugging away. One time I actually got myself back into school, financial aid and all, in less about a month.

It's not only hot in the Midwest, parts of central and southern Europe are also experiencing a heat wave. In Vienna and in Leela's home of Zagreb it's going to get above 100 this weekend. Unlike here in the US, air conditioning is not very common in Europe save for some of the big chain hotels and some modern office buildings.

In 2003, most of the continent was gripped by one of the deadliest heatwaves in nearly half a millennium with over 14,000 heat related deaths in France alone. It even broke 100° as far north as Kent and London in the UK.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    In 2003, most of the continent was gripped by one of the deadliest heatwaves in nearly half a millennium with over 14,000 heat related deaths in France alone. It even broke 100° as far north as Kent and London in the UK.

It was extremely bad in Finland as well. My biological father (who I had not seen for 28 years, so basically "never" as I was too small to remember, only couple of months old the last time I had seen him), died that summer, during our worst heatwave, for natural reasons (he steadfastly refused to go to the hospital, despite suffering from an undiagnosed condition, most likely Crohn's disease).

In his apartment.

And he wasn't found until a week and half later, when the neighbors began to complain en masse about foul smell to custodians.

And since I was the only of-age child (it turns out that I have a half-sister -- which I found out only when the police called me!), me an' his sister had to clean up his apartment, wrap up his life and arrange the funeral.

That was pretty o_O O_o O_O summer all right...

edited December 1969

The best thing about a cold day is a warm house at the end of it :)

edited December 1969

The best thing about a warm house is the cold beer inside :)

edited December 1969

need rabbits

tunnl2.jpg
    800 x 337 - 28K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Complaint: how come lychee soda is not sold in 1 1/2 liter bottles. :(

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Not feeling to adventurous today so haz coffee and grilled shark and fried potato chips and a slice of lemon in a box for lunch. *hopes the shark is dead*

i thought sharks ate people, not the other way around. :lol:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That might be a joke I don't know. In reality shark is good eating, I've had it a few times.

edited December 1969

As you set off toward the mountains, you see a massive pile of eggs. You decide that there are plenty of eggs there, and traveling is unnecessary.

mammatus clouds? Canada has weird clouds
    http://l1.yimg.com/dh/ap/default/120628/clouds_uni.jpg
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/curious-clouds-roll-in-after-storm-slideshow/

this is supposed to be a picture of a glory rainbow, but i can't see it. my monitor must be broken, or my eyes
    http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/572-glory-antarctica-rainbow-image-captured.html

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That might be a joke I don't know. In reality shark is good eating, I've had it a few times.

i ate swordfish once. is a swordfish a shark? I didn't want to eat it, but i was at a friend's house and it was what she cooked for dinner, so i basically had to eat it.

edited December 1969

eeks. i got a zit on my chin. isn't there a rule against having a zit at 48yo? like a rule of nature or something?

edited December 1969

i kinda wanna read the sticky on 'Why the New Store', but i prolly wouldn't understand it anyhoos.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

i ate swordfish once. is a swordfish a shark? I didn't want to eat it, but i was at a friend's house and it was what she cooked for dinner, so i basically had to eat it.LOL!! Nope, they are a Billfish the swoard is considered a bill. They are also good eating in my book. I'm a primative survivalist at heart so I look at any new food as a new taste treat. I like to try new things. Rattle Snake is good for example.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Good morning/noon/evening/night! :coolsmile:

No real complaints - just going to be in the upper 90Fs this weekend, it's Friday, I got paid, I reconnected with an old friend last night on Facebook, I have cold milk and a tuna sandwich, and it should be a quiet and productive day!

I guess I could complain about being too broke to party all weekend due to the security deposit, but I have enough to buy supplies and cook my own CHICKEN WINGS AND BEER at home, since I'm gong to have access to a huge, modern kitchen with a kick-butt stove and nice pots and pans!

Once I get moved and set back up, I'll probably cook, write, and render all weekend. :-)

edited December 1969

@WoolyLoach: Homemade Hot Wings and cold Beer? Dude, that sounds delicious to me! Could you do me just one favor? Take back some of this 107 F weather you sent my way.

edited December 1969

a modern kitchen! does the refrigerator have the cold water dispenser thingee?

wishing i could buy a house. memo to pick up lotto ticket.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

i thought sharks ate people, not the other way around. :lol:

Gummy shark, we call it flake, they are more bite size than the white pointer ones that bite back ;)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    @WoolyLoach: Homemade Hot Wings and cold Beer? Dude, that sounds delicious to me! Could you do me just one favor? Take back some of this 107 F weather you sent my way.

Ooops, sorry! :red: I'll give it a shot, but I'm terrible at weather control. Last time I tried to make it rain, when I was in California, we got floods... :red:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

i ate swordfish once. is a swordfish a shark? I didn't want to eat it, but i was at a friend's house and it was what she cooked for dinner, so i basically had to eat it.

LOL!! Nope, they are a Billfish the swoard is considered a bill. They are also good eating in my book. I'm a primative survivalist at heart so I look at any new food as a new taste treat. I like to try new things. Rattle Snake is good for example.

Ate an insect once, a grub really that lives in tree bark, you eat them alive - never do that again ^O^ Forget what it is called.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Ooops, sorry! :red: I'll give it a shot, but I'm terrible at weather control. Last time I tried to make it rain, when I was in California, we got floods... :red:

Still cold in Melbourne :(

edited December 1969

Good morning/noon/evening/night! :coolsmile:

No real complaints - just going to be in the upper 90Fs this weekend, it's Friday, I got paid, I reconnected with an old friend last night on Facebook, I have cold milk and a tuna sandwich, and it should be a quiet and productive day!

I guess I could complain about being too broke to party all weekend due to the security deposit, but I have enough to buy supplies and cook my own CHICKEN WINGS AND BEER at home, since I'm gong to have access to a huge, modern kitchen with a kick-butt stove and nice pots and pans!

Once I get moved and set back up, I'll probably cook, write, and render all weekend. :-)

Beer makes chicken wings taste better :)

edited December 1969

a modern kitchen! does the refrigerator have the cold water dispenser thingee?

wishing i could buy a house. memo to pick up lotto ticket.

Unfortunately, the fridge is large but no ice maker or water dispenser.. all the money went into the stove/cooking surface, the sink, and the dishwasher.

It's nice - the back house has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a HUGE kitchen and an open living/dining area along with a washer/dryer in the "laundry closet". There'll only be one housemate, he's a chef, and about my age. My new bedroom is a lot larger, as well, so there'll be room to expand if I want to.

I can't wait to cook again!!

edited June 2012

ps1borg said:
    Ate an insect once, a grub really that lives in tree bark, you eat them alive - never do that again ^O^ Forget what it is called.
    Witchetty grub? Do not let them fool you, they are much better roasted in hot coals. All the icky cooks out (it poops) and it really does taste kind of like a toasted peanut butter bite. I've tried some weird stuff in my life.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

omygawwwd. been reading http://www.w3schools.com all morning and still can't find how to make printing a webpage with a table on it, not print in the middle of a row.

i see page-break-before, after, etc.

on the bright side, now i know how to make a cookie that will store a visitor's name for 365 days and write good morning/day based on the time.

but, how to not print the row of a table inside the row. is that a job for javascript or is it class? tag?

[removed]
    function printpage()
    {
    window.print();
    }
    [removed]

wahhh Ricki

Ethel from 'I Love Lucy' passed away.

This discussion has been closed.