What kind of clothing are you sorely missing?

There are some types of clothing which seem to exist in DAZStore only in gore ore sexy versions, like nurses. I would love to to hospital renders but can't find the type of clothing real working staff members wear today. (Picture from Wikipedia.org)

What sorts of clothing are you missing? 

NICU1.jpg
1200 x 800 - 685K
NICU1.jpg
1200 x 800 - 685K

Comments

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

Realistically boned corsets of all types that restrict movement and do not bend. And if they just stopped the s shaped wave on the corset I would be happy. 

But actually even more than that I would love a script that would alter my current corsets so that they moved more realistically.  And if I could dial in how much that would be even better.  I’m thinking of something along the lines of the look at me script. 

A set of midieval curl toed shoes with lots of variety. Including the tie around the ankle type.  Not an outfit with some “elf shoes” thrown in. I mean lots of morphs giving control of lengths ant types as well as texture sets. Preferallbly realistic but I also like fun stuff. 

Cod pieces of a bazillion different types. Everything from mad max crazy to midieval to simple leather. 

High heels for men. In particular I am thinking of Victorian era style but some fantasy types might be fun too. 

More natural materials for the armor.  Almost everything comes out in metal. I’d like to see them come out with a metal, bone, shell, scale, leather, and wood texture. 

• There are some types of clothing which seem to exist in DAZStore only in gore ore sexy versions, like nurses. I would love to to hospital renders but can't find the type of clothing real working staff members wear today. (Picture from Wikipedia.org)

What sorts of clothing are you missing? 

Have you tried the Scrubs outfit? https://www.daz3d.com/scrubs-outfit

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Real kimono/yukata, not cosplay stuff.

Men's business shirts that work properly with dForce and dForce ties to go with them.

Those are what I'd like most; and of course dForce for everything else.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Scubs-outfit- highly unrealistic shoes, clothing has pants like stiff tubes, overall not enough wrinkles to show use - well, perhaps this works with d-force ... But the pockets are just a texture, not usable. This one just shows it's age.

Scubs-outfit- highly unrealistic shoes, clothing has pants like stiff tubes, overall not enough wrinkles to show use - well, perhaps this works with d-force ... But the pockets are just a texture, not usable. This one just shows it's age.

As to

shoes I often have to pull from other outfits. Maybe buy a tennis shoe package or something other package with tennis shoes. You may be able to check other sources for more realistic textures.  At least until some new product comes out. 

• Wish someone would create some contemporary middle-eastern clothing, i.e. Afghan tribesmen clothing. NOT fantasy outfits, but outfits that one's sees Afghans wearing today, including headwear (pakols, turbans, etc).

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Clothes that would have been popular in the first half of the twentieth century - mostly during the two world wars and the period in between. There are so many stories to be told from that era - Mildred is starting to look a bit weary of telling them all on her own! :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

A nice, versitile, simple tunic set for the ladies.   I liked the old V3 tunic set, and while I can bring that forward and/or use the peasant tunic, it would be nice to have one specificially designed for G3/G8.  I'll even take it with heels, as long as they're chunky and not super high.

(I've thought of trying to model one myself, but modeling morphs scares me, for some reason.)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

dForce Superhero Capes.

Seems like a no brainer that someone would have made these by now unless there was a problem with doing capes or something.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited March 2018

While I can't think of something that I 'sorely need' right off of the top of my head, I will say that despite my huge library, the number of 'very nice looking low-heeled nice shoes' for ladies that I have in my library is lacking. 

I keep 'defaulting' to a small subset of these lady shoes.  I have plenty of sneakers and sandals, it's the other types of these shoes that I seem to have a lack of for later gen figures.  And the early gen stuff (Say V4) fairly often doesn't play nice with Genesis 3 and 8 when autofitting... plus the textures are quite dated by today's standards.

And to be clear, I'm tralking about heels in the 1"-2" range (typically 1 1/2 inches)

Also, while the leather jacket collection is slowly growing, the 'classic' leather biker jacket, well we haven't seen a really good once since M4, and that one has significant limitations as far as posing options (i.e. it didn't have adjustable collars, zippers, etc.)... See this thread for what I'm talking about.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/176311/classic-biker-jacket

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I still want a tux for gen 8 males, and a regency male outfit for gen 8. Also a super suit. Yes, I know there are older items already in the store- but I prefer content for the generation because it fits better. Also, i could use more underwear for men, petty much more styles. And skimpwear that isn't conan stuff.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685

Men's Italian business suit (not an American sack suit) with tailored shoulders, thick lapel & crisp collar, believable tie, pants with cuff morphs. Evidently this is so difficult to do as to approach the impossible. I have tried to kitbash a decent suit together using Uzilite's M3 and M4 gear with Tannenbaum's SS tie/collar (but there is no shirt, just a dickey). For instance, look at the collar of this otherwise exceptional outfit:

Sweater Vest Outfit Textures in Vendor, Arien,  3D Models by Daz 3D

It looks like it's made out of clay, and clunky clay at that. On the other hand, this shirt gets it right, but it pulls up short with the neckerchief tie.

But on wider-chested males, the collar lacks the crispness:
    BTW, here are some examples of the kind of suits I'm hoping for, just for starters. With a morphable tie knot, so I'm not stuck with some tiny thing. Also, we don't need the tie to go around the neck. It only needs to fit in the space between the collar, which should not be pointing east and west. Luthbel could do it, but he doesn't do morphs. Stonemason could bring back his clothing line. But I won't hold my breath.
    Related image
    Related image
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited March 2018

Mens collars are a problem area for clothing design. Only a few pas manage to keep them stiff/crisp when fitted to the neck area. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Kitten heels.

Slouch boots.

More anklets.

Ball gown, with internal hoops and the fabric covers it using dForce.

Patchwork trenchcoats.

I second the idea of a good cloak, and add a patchwork shader.

--  Morgan

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2018

Not perfect but much better than the Scrubs Outfit. https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-medical-scrubs-set-for-genesis-3-male-s

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • Shirt collar seems like a modeling question, not an outfit question. The neck joint is a joint. Forcing a complicated collar to conform to the joint isn't ideal. 

Plated armor probably shouldn't be conforming either, like tight corsets.

What I'd like...

Futuristic non-pyjama-style uniforms for both males and females because futuristic space forces shouldn't have gender restrictions... Nor should they be forced to wear pyjamas (thanks Star Trek).

Normally I'm ok with skimp-wear. However, there's a lack of good militaristic, non-Trek-style (I.e. Sleepwear) uniforms that work regardless of gender. There are occasional uniforms that are male or female only, which are kind of pointless in a modern or futurist setting.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,546

Sci-fi outfits, fantasy outfits

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

Mine is not so much what types of outfits, I want, but the quality and versatility behind them. There are many examples of what I am looking for in the store already, but I tend to pass on many because of the lack of quailty and styling. . I will say that the more I can kit bash an outfit, the more useful it is.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Future tech clothes with wearable tech like AR glasses, built in tech devices, futuristic materials and basically something cool that hasn't been created yet that regular people, maybe 100 years from now would wear to go to a normal job, shopping, school, whatever. What will fashion be like in 100 years? 

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Serious winterwear for men, with a subset of climbing gear to go with it.

• DA KrossDA Kross Posts: 70
    edited March 2018

Shirt collar seems like a modeling question, not an outfit question. The neck joint is a joint. Forcing a complicated collar to conform to the joint isn't ideal. 

Plated armor probably shouldn't be conforming either, like tight corsets.

What I'd like...

Futuristic non-pyjama-style uniforms for both males and females because futuristic space forces shouldn't have gender restrictions... Nor should they be forced to wear pyjamas (thanks Star Trek).

Normally I'm ok with skimp-wear. However, there's a lack of good militaristic, non-Trek-style (I.e. Sleepwear) uniforms that work regardless of gender. There are occasional uniforms that are male or female only, which are kind of pointless in a modern or futurist setting.

Yes I agree, there needs to realistic female uniforms and armor with identical sets for the males, with camouflage or at least dark and desaturated colors that do not stand out. Even better if they look like they have seen regular use.

Post edited by DA Kross on
  • bmosaltbmosalt Posts: 52

I’d love a range of era appropriate everyday outfits. 30’s, 50’s, 70’s etc. The regular type of clothing worn during the era, not so much the cosplay version. For example there’s a small range of Old West era clothing in the store, but it’s mostly limited to gunslinger type clothing. What about the barman, shopkeeper, rancher or mortician? And practical clothing for the ladies. Most women during that time didn’t work on the 1st floor of the town saloon. 

I’d also love some contemporary profession based outfits. Postman, mechanic. That type of thing. There’s a great construction worker in the shop. More like that!

I don’t render scifi or fantasy very often, which rules out a lot of the shop. For my purposes, I want more everyday and era appropriate clothing. 

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I’d love a range of era appropriate everyday outfits. 30’s, 50’s, 70’s etc. The regular type of clothing worn during the era, not so much the cosplay version. For example there’s a small range of Old West era clothing in the store, but it’s mostly limited to gunslinger type clothing. What about the barman, shopkeeper, rancher or mortician? And practical clothing for the ladies. Most women during that time didn’t work on the 1st floor of the town saloon. 

I’d also love some contemporary profession based outfits. Postman, mechanic. That type of thing. There’s a great construction worker in the shop. More like that!

I don’t render scifi or fantasy very often, which rules out a lot of the shop. For my purposes, I want more everyday and era appropriate clothing. 

For the western stuff, you can use "normal" Victorian clothing (I know, still thin choice) for most non-gunslingers (and even some gunslingers... some outlaws were quite the dandy) and non-salooon girls.  The fabrics might have been plainer, but the stylings were much the same.  It is the same time period, after all.

• bmosaltbmosalt Posts: 52

I know that Victorian clothing can be used, but they tend to be more “glamorous” outfits which are well suited to rich characters but less so to the average people of a frontier town. I’d like some that are more along the lines of outfits similar to the Netflix show Godless. They look lived in.

This site gives good examples of the costumes in that show: https://clothesonfilm.com/homecoming-betsy-heimann-on-costuming-godless/36539/

They may not appeal to everyone, but if these types of outfits hit the shop I’d snap them up in an instant. 

xyer0 said:

BTW, here are some examples of the kind of suits I'm hoping for, just for starters. With a morphable tie knot, so I'm not stuck with some tiny thing. Also, we don't need the tie to go around the neck. It only needs to fit in the space between the collar, which should not be pointing east and west. Luthbel could do it, but he doesn't do morphs. Stonemason could bring back his clothing line. But I won't hold my breath.

Related image

Wow. Ok, I should add that to my sorely missing items too.

I know that Victorian clothing can be used, but they tend to be more “glamorous” outfits which are well suited to rich characters but less so to the average people of a frontier town. I’d like some that are more along the lines of outfits similar to the Netflix show Godless. They look lived in.

This site gives good examples of the costumes in that show: https://clothesonfilm.com/homecoming-betsy-heimann-on-costuming-godless/36539/

They may not appeal to everyone, but if these types of outfits hit the shop I’d snap them up in an instant. 

Some of the more really old stuff made for lepracans and gnomes looks like the correct period and translates well over to g8.  It's not the same as clothing created for them but may tide you over.

edited March 2018
    xyer0 said:

Men's Italian business suit (not an American sack suit) with tailored shoulders, thick lapel & crisp collar, believable tie, pants with cuff morphs. Evidently this is so difficult to do as to approach the impossible. I have tried to kitbash a decent suit together using Uzilite's M3 and M4 gear with Tannenbaum's SS tie/collar (but there is no shirt, just a dickey). For instance, look at the collar of this otherwise exceptional outfit:

Sweater Vest Outfit Textures in Vendor, Arien,  3D Models by Daz 3D

It looks like it's made out of clay, and clunky clay at that. On the other hand, this shirt gets it right, but it pulls up short with the neckerchief tie.

But on wider-chested males, the collar lacks the crispness:

Related image

Related image

You can use a negative 1 value of the push modifier to crisp up edges. Select the item, or part of it,...  edit>parameters>geometry>add push modifier   Find the push modifier slide under parameters.  Here is one I've been messing with.  Part of a centaur item on a human.  The thicker one is the default.  The thinner is with the negative value push modifier.

without push modifier.JPG
    215 x 200 - 15K
    with push modifier.JPG
    299 x 187 - 17K
    Post edited by freni-kyn on
  • ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    edited March 2018

@xyer0 - I second that - 'Men's Italian business suit (not an American sack suit) with tailored shoulders, thick lapel & crisp collar, believable tie, pants with cuff morphs. '

The suits currently remind me of those longsleeved t-shirts with a suit printed on.

daz1.JPG
    481 x 529 - 28K
    Post edited by ItsCeo on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685
    freni-kyn said:
    xyer0 said:
    You can use a negative 1 value of the push modifier to crisp up edges. Select the item, or part of it,...  edit>parameters>geometry>add push modifier   Find the push modifier slide under parameters.  Here is one I've been messing with.  Part of a centaur item on a human.  The thicker one is the default.  The thinner is with the negative value push modifier.

THANKS @freni-kyn! I have never used a push modifier before. I wonder if I can also use a push modifier positive value to thicken up some paper thin dForce materials without causing an explosion?

ItsCeo said:

@xyer0 - I second that - 'Men's Italian business suit (not an American sack suit) with tailored shoulders, thick lapel & crisp collar, believable tie, pants with cuff morphs. '

The suits currently remind me of those longsleeved t-shirts with a suit printed on.

So true, except without the nice bends and folds and creases.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited March 2018

I'd like to see "fur trimmed" parkas, that are ethnic from Arctic regions, and modern adaptations such as worn in in the 1940s-50s by various peoples. Winter gear that is not fantasy. I have the dog sled and a wintery post or base, but I don't really have the garments that would work in it. Hoodies are too thin and floppy, have no thick fur to protect the face. An artist here on the forum made a fur piece for me which worked pretty well parented to one jacket that worked in a single camera view, but it would never animate for those who work in that. Lots of reference photos are available for Shackleton, Peary, Boyd, expeditions to both of  the Poles. Mitts, mukluks the insulated boots would be great. Ancient Steppes nomad clothing, with the unique embroidery patterns would be nice, with Scythian patterns. Tunics, curly toed felted boots, interesting furlined hats, etc. If all the older style of bulbous shoulder seams were placed higher, tanget to collar bone, than 1/3 way down the upper arm all the garments would look better. I don't model so I don't know whats difficult, but suits by H&C Kang are more realistic. 

Post edited by IceScribe on