Facegen 2.0 Released- Now 2.1

13»

Comments

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited June 2018

thanks for updating us about this just installed and started it up and just looking at the menus looks like we have a lot more options even remembers shows where I've saved to on my other drive. Got a question there is a custom section that has seperate? options for besides face, arms, legs and torso I clicked the buttons and it looks like you can do something to those textures? 

You can load up any texture you want now! So you can use Victoria 8 textures instead of base Genesis 8. Or Greylien. Whatever you want, as long as the UV matches the base. I have not experimented much with this yet myself. FG still seems to work best with the base textures. But now you can edit the base textures to your liking and have FG use them instead.

Does this mean i first load victoria 8. Then set the uv to base. The save it. Then load up FG with the face i want then set it to custom and load victoria textures and export then open the file i saved and load in the face dail and tExtures? Or is there another way? I find that if i use the genesis 8 basis model and load in FG textures the face loses its general sructure of the pores... so when you zoom in there is less detail then normal

No, what happens is you can link to whatever texture you want to use before you export the morph/texture settings.  

Capture.PNG
    579 x 754 - 21K
    Post edited by stuthurso on
  • prinzeugenprinzeugen Posts: 38

I am a complete noob to face gen... I have Daz 4.10  I purchased the lastest version of face gen and made my first face file... I load Gen 8 female, click the head. How do I get the face I made in face pro to load as a moph.. I do not see any way forward.. Any help appriciated ..

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

As long as you exported as a gen 8 female it should already be there. Under the shaping tab - head then just scroll until you find what ever it is you named your morph.  The bar color will be gray, if you have a lot of characters sometimes knowing the color helps. :) 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

You need to

0) If you created the FaceGen morph while the instance of DAZ Studio you ae using is still running you need to exit DAZ Studio & start DAZ Studio again 

1) Load G8F

2) Click the Shapes Tab

3) Click the subitem called Head & expand the entries under it.

4) Look until you come to a listing called Real World expand that

5) You should seen FaceGen item and listed as the name you gave it when you saved the FaceGen item in FaceGen in the export dialogue*

* You should note that you can change the category when you export it from FaceGen to DAZ to be something different and if you did then that FaceGen morph will be found in DAZ Studio under that category instead. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Can someone provide instructions for sharing a character created with facegen?  In my case, it is a G3M character.  

edited June 2018

Can someone provide instructions for sharing a character created with facegen?  In my case, it is a G3M character.  

Just an example, yours will depend on the location of your DAZ Content

1) Copy D:\Documents\Design\DAZ 3D\Studio\Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\FaceGen\MyChar.duf to D:\MyChar\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\FaceGen\MyChar.duf

i) The path will vary according to with version of Genesis you saved the FaceGen morph to and whether it is male or female morph.

2) Copy D:\Documents\Design\DAZ 3D\Studio\Library\Runtime\textures\FaceGen\Genesis8F\MyChar\ to D:\MyChar\Runtime\textures\FaceGen\Genesis8F\MyChar\ 

i) The path will vary according to with version of Genesis you saved the FaceGen morph to and whether it is male or female morph.

3) Have you created a MyChar Material Preset? A MyChar Shape Preset? And so on? Then create D:\MyChar\<Same Path to the Preset\MyCharPreset.duf> for each unique MyChar preset you have created.

4) in D:\MyChar\ create a readme.txt telling how to copy the data, runtime, and possibly various preset files, to the user's DAZ Studio Content Library location as configured in Preferences (of their choosing if they have more than one configured). Terms of use of your share. ...

5) Use 7-Zip or similar zip utility to create a MyChar.zip file using the MyChar root folder as the root folder in the Zip file. 

6) Upload to the location where you want to share it.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Just an example, yours will depend on the location of your DAZ Content

1) Copy D:\Documents\Design\DAZ 3D\Studio\Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\FaceGen\MyChar.duf to D:\MyChar\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\FaceGen\MyChar.duf

2) Copy D:\Documents\Design\DAZ 3D\Studio\Library\Runtime\textures\FaceGen\Genesis8F\MyChar\ to D:\MyChar\Runtime\textures\FaceGen\Genesis8F\MyChar\ 

3) Have you created a MyChar Material Preset? A MyChar Shape Preset? And so on? Then create D:\MyChar\<Same Path to the Preset\MyCharPreset.duf> for each unique MyChar preset you have created.

4) in D:\MyChar\ create a readme.txt telling how to copy the data, runtime, and possibly various preset files, to the user's DAZ Studio Content Library location as configured in Preferences (of their choosing if they have more than one configured). Terms of use of your share. ...

5) Use 7-Zip or similar zip utility to create a MyChar.zip file using the MyChar root folder as the root folder in the Zip file. 

6) Upload to the location where you want to share it.

Heartfelt thanks, nonesuch. I will try to follow your instructions this weekend. Hopefully I wont have to bug you with more questions.
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Just remember if you use commercial textures you cannot share them without permission. The shapes are OK to share, and the default textures that Facegen uses are OK to share. But if you use the custom texture feature of Facegen for different textures, you will need to make sure you have permission to share them.

Yes, the textures with the latest version of FaceGen ORs your photos with FaceGen supplied textures then with the DAZ default textures so you'll need to tell FaceGen not to do the OR with the DAZ textures in order to share the textures.

Just select the 'None' radio button when you export & you will get FaceGen only textures. It's under FaceGen - File - Export - then the Genesis generation - then the gender - Select Color Maps - None. 

If you Used a DAZ suppled texture previously, you can just overright the textures generated by exporting again with None chosen.

Thanks @outrider42 and @nonesuch00  I only used facegen, the prior version where you don't or can't mix skins/materials.

Thanks @outrider42 and @nonesuch00  I only used facegen, the prior version where you don't or can't mix skins/materials.

That's cool but you should know you get free upgrade but if you bought directly from them at their site you should of gotten an email from them with every upgrade. If not notify them. Even with the newest version there is the 'None' option.

That's cool but you should know you get free upgrade but if you bought directly from them at their site you should of gotten an email from them with every upgrade. If not notify them. Even with the newest version there is the 'None' option.

Thanks nonesuch00 I do have the upgrade, I meant the character I'm exporting was created in the old version where skin blending was not possible.  I think I saw the info about availability of the upgrade right here on this thread a while back.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

The upgrade is free and the improvements are worth it. The eye shapes are improved, and there are different subtle things that make FG overall better. If you bought it direct from them, all you need to do email them with your info and they will send you the download link.

Another cool improvement is the names of the textures will use the name of you FG file. This seems small, but it is nice and handy to not have every texture named the same. This is helpful if you like playing with the textures.

The ability to use any texture is not exactly well executed. I think the problem is that FG has a certain color target for the default textures, and it does not really properly change to address other textures. You can get some very weird colors using different textures, I have even seen some come out blue, like Smurf blue. So I really don't recommend using this feature all that much, until the FG creators perhaps update it. But this is what I do, I edit the existing textures that FG uses. These are the default Genesis 1, 2, 3, 8 textures. So if you use Genesis 3, by default it uses the base G3 textures. I took these textures and altered them some. Mostly I removed moles and marks like that, because seeing the same moles in the same place on the different characters is pretty weird to me. So I take these mole free textures and use them as my FG texture. Then I can go and add in moles on the textures that FG produces to make the characters more unique. I hope that makes sense.