Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I am very happy with Ollie & Edie.

• NoahLGP said:

It seems there will be no Kenji/Hiro for Genesis 8.

You can't say that for sure until G9 comes out.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

Since we've seen 2 ladies as the latest releases, I am crossing my fingers the next one will be a lad again :D

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2018
    NoahLGP said:

I doubt because the counterpart is often the next figure or the following :

1. Victoria 8
    2. Olympia 8
    3. Michael 8
    4. Teen Josie 8
    5. Stephanie 8
    6. Lucas 8
    7. Monique 8
    8. Darius 8
    9. Charlotte 8
    10. Sakura 8
    11. Owen 8
    12. Karyssa 8
    13. Alexandra 8
    14. Edward 8
    15. Aiko 8
    16. Ollie 8
    17. Penny 8
    18. Edie 8
    19. Mika 8
    20. Floyd 8
    21. The Girl 8
    22. Kaylee 8 or Mabel 8 ???
    23. Dwayne 8 ???

I imagine the next male will be the counterpart of Penny 8 or Kaylee 8.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

But why Mika 8 ? Karyssa 8 is already here.

NoahLGP said:
    NoahLGP said:

I doubt because the counterpart is often the next figure or the following :

• Victoria 8
    • Olympia 8
    • Michael 8
    • Teen Josie 8
    • Stephanie 8
    • Lucas 8
    • Monique 8
    • Darius 8
    • Charlotte 8
    • Sakura 8
    • Owen 8
    • Karyssa 8
    • Alexandra 8
    • Edward 8
    • Aiko 8
    • Ollie 8
    • Penny 8
    • Edie 8
    • ???
    • Kaylee 8 and/or Mika 8

I imagine the next male will be the counterpart of Penny 8 or Kaylee 8.

Well it is true Kenji 7 was probably not as near a big a seller as Aiko 7 was but I think he's probably next, otherwise Penny 8's counterpart, maybe sort of a civil cleancut character as portrayed in those old Hollywood movies, not that that brings any particular actor to mind, but just sort of a general lighting and film technique.

edited May 2018

Genesis 3 got 33 core figures (12 males), Genesis 8 reaches 18 core figures (6 males), it remains at least 6 male figures (May include Lee, The Guy, Gianni)

I get the vibe that the store is not going to be making anymore Genesis 8 males official characters, I hope I’m wrong but we haven’t even got Gianni  and there are three more potential female characters lined up. 

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited May 2018
    NoahLGP said:

Genesis 3 got 33 core figures (12 males), Genesis 8 reaches 18 core figures (6 males), it remains at least 6 male figures (May include Lee, The Guy, Gianni)

I get the vibe that the store is not going to be making anymore Genesis 8 males official characters, I hope I’m wrong but we haven’t even got Gianni  and there are three more potential female characters lined up. 

We most likely have at least another year to go with Genesis 8 before Genesis 9 shows up... so if trends continue (one pro bundle every two weeks), that could mean as many as 45-ish Genesis 8 pro bundles, assuming that Genesis 9 shows up around June 15th, 2019...

The linked 'core figure' search is missing Edward 8, who has his own pro bundle and texture set.  He should be part of that list I think.  Someone at Daz may want to address that.

As to whether we've hit consistently the 'one pro bundle every two weeks' target since Genesis 8 launched... here's a chronology

1. The dates I'm listing are the dates listed in on the associated Daz documenttion pages for the product releases. 
      • Note that Edward 8 falls 9 days after Alexandra 8, and 19 days before Aiko 8, I'm guessing that he actaully showed up in the store around 02/27/18.
    • 06/15/17 Victoria 8
      • @ Six weeks until the next pro bundle (Pretty Base G8F 06/30/18, Morpheus - G3M 07/02/17, Celinette G3F - 07/05/17, Lainey G8F - 07/17/17, Raine G8F - 07/20/17, Loveable Nerds Bundle G3F&M - 07/24/18, Karly G3F - 07/24/18)
    • 07/25/17 Olympia 8
      • Four weeks until the next pro bundle (Kytaria 08/08/17)
    • 08/22/17 Michael 8
      • Four weeks until the next pro bundle: (Mahleah/Slash Swimsuit Bundle 08/28/17, Dylan 09/4/17, Syble 09/11/17)
    • 09/19/17 Teen Josie 8
    • 10/3/17 Stephanie 8
    • 10/17/17 Lucas 8
      • Four week gap here, @ Halloween (Cayley Bundle 10/28/17, Pepper Bundle 11/2/17)
    • 11/14/17 Monique 8
    • 11/28/17 Darius 8
    • 12/12/17 Charlotte 8
    • 12/26/17 Sakura 8
    • 01/09/18 Owen 8
    • 01/23/18 Karyssa 8
      • Skipped for 3 weeks here
    • 02/13/18 Alexandra 8
    • 02/22/18 Edward 8
    • 03/13/18 Aiko 8
    • 03/27/18 Ollie 8
    • 04/11/18 Penny 8
    • 04/24/18 Edie 8

As for which Daz character is next for the pro treatment, I'm still rooting for Freak 8!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    NoahLGP said:

We most likely have at least another year to go with Genesis 8 before Genesis 9 shows up...

So time to stop spending money on G8 to get ready for the G9 onslaught, LOL

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

Actually, if there is anything like a pattern going on, we seem to get either two females, and then a male, OR a female followed by her male counterpart. Ollie and Edie were a bit out of phase, since we suddenly got female, male, female, and then the matching female. But so far, we've not had more than two "official" (i.e., numbered) females in a row. We've also had 11 "realistic" to 6 "stylized" characters, so far. 

And fewer of the male characters have been hinted at ahead of time, while we keep getting hints of various females who may or may not show up for months afterward.

• ArielRGHArielRGH Posts: 105
    NoahLGP said:

We most likely have at least another year to go with Genesis 8 before Genesis 9 shows up...

So time to stop spending money on G8 to get ready for the G9 onslaught, LOL

No kidding! These days I have only bought clothes and accessories.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

5/9/18

Mika 8 has been released.  Apparently she's representing for the elves.

Right on time too!  The Daz team is hitting their two week tempo on Pro releases rather consistently now.

Anyways, as two whom might show up next 2 weeks from now... my vote is for:

Freak 8!  Freak 8!  Freak 8!

My guess is probably not, but that's who I want, just because...

edited May 2018

5/9/18

Mika 8 has been released.  Apparently she's representing for the elves.

Right on time too!  The Daz team is hitting their two week tempo on Pro releases rather consistently now.

Anyways, as two whom might show up next 2 weeks from now... my vote is for:

Freak 8!  Freak 8!  Freak 8!

My guess is probably not, but that's who I want, just because...

No way, like Hiro 5, Freak 5 was the last of the series, I think Swole or Massive morphs replace it.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

So how about Lee and Mei Lin? Have they been retired too?

Hera said:

So how about Lee and Mei Lin? Have they been retired too?

I don't think tthey are essentials like Monique and Darius. maybe they will be released in September or December.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited May 2018

The store seems to release big sale winners early on, like Victoria 8  second stringer characters seem to get released during sale months, and the end months seem to get a few unpopular straggler characters. If lee and mei Lin sold well they would’ve been released by now. 

Unfortunately I doubt we will see David, Or freak. I’m honestly surprised we didn’t get gianni though. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited May 2018

In fact, Michael is the last male pioneer still alive cheeky

Freak, Hiro and David are retired, when Stephanie, Aiko and The Girl are still here.

But Darius, Lee and Gianni seems to replace them.

It is possible lee and gianni are enjoying their Florida retirement as well. But maybe one will be released this month.

• We got a lot of female releases I want some guys now... like Kenji? Seriously been waiting for this guys for a long while now. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    edited May 2018

It is possible lee and gianni are enjoying their Florida retirement as well. But maybe one will be released this month.

Unlikely Lee will arrive until after Mei Lin 8, so unless we have a run of 4 females, Lee 8 will be late June at the earliest.

Since DAZ doesn't do elf males, then if the next figure is a male, it is highly unlikely to be a mate for Mika 8. It really could be any male, as we have seen no evidence from clothing/hair fits like we have with the females. Gianni 8, maybe, but no Gia 8 yet, nor any hints she will come at all.

6 out of the 9 characters released in 2018 have been stylized, so non-realistic seems in vogue at the moment, so maybe Kenji 8 is next, or some other Anime male with a new name.

Post edited by Havos on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I really get the impression, Mika 8 notwithstanding, that they're trying to extend the G3 line of figures rather than replace them. Lots of stylized figures because there's lots of art styles. So my guess is we'll continue to see more stylized figures and just plain weird figures. I would just like one non-goofy male stylized figure please. I'm not sure if this was intended, or if because stuff like Olympia and Stephanie just didn't sell as well as the more distinctive new shapes.

edited May 2018

We got a lot of female releases I want some guys now... like Kenji? Seriously been waiting for this guys for a long while now. 

It's too late for Kenji because Aiko was released 2 months ago.

It's sad because FF15 Noctis could be nice as Kenji 8.

Mika 8 TY discount expires on May 23th, does it mean the next figure will released on May 24th ?

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    Any guy will do. Just not a toon or stylized one though
  • colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

An older, or at least mature woman's what I need, not another supermodel.

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

Preferably something by Saiyaness.

Hopefully a Gianni type male. 

• FURBFURB Posts: 29

I'm thinking Floyd 8.

His fit is in the dForce male pj's that came out the other day. Looks to be an elderly fit maybe..... narrow shoulders and wide hips with a bit of a belly.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Sounds like maybe another stylized character a la Ollie and Edie? Maybe ;). If it was stylized but done as well as the aforementioned characters I might go for it. Otherwise I'm not in the market for more stylized stuff ;).

Laurie

Floyd 8? I'd almost buy just for the name.