Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

Comments

• EquisVoid said:

I want Sakura male, Bethany 8 and Scott 8

We need a Scott 8. Some male figure that looks heroic and masculine, instead of another figure that looks like he's been hanging out at the latte cafe all day every day asking for soy in his mocha.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2018

I think Girl 8 because it's been two years since Girl 7 and it's gotten to the point where Genesis 8 isn't new anymore.

I saw where the Girl 6 Pro Bundle was on sale today & it is an excellent bundle filled with 5 clothing products with 3 of them excellent clothing, 2 pose sets including one excellent thematic props, 3 characters, and 4 excellent hairs.  Now that's a Pro Bundle!

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I would love to see Girl 8 , 

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    Pet said:

I would love to see Girl 8 , 

yesyesyes

• IldanachIldanach Posts: 217

Would love a new Centaur, but probably unlikely. Alternatively would like another male, but suspect it will be another female today, possibly Girl 8. Would they release two stylised characters in a row?

Looks like no new character today. Really wish there was some sort of release schedule published.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Todays new releases : 
    Two of them have fits for Mika 8 and Alexandra 8
    Sporty Heels for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Annabelle Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s)

edited February 2018
    JamesJAB said:

Todays new releases : 

We've had Mika 8, but good catch with Alexandra 8. There's also mention of Aiko 8. I thought Sakura was replacing Aiko. Interesting. Two female anime characters...

Edit: We've had Karyssa 8, not Mika 8... sorry.

Post edited by Ildanach on
  • A Mayan or Colombian girl or guy would be nice.  Some Tibetans would be cool.

• Cybersox said:

I have classified intel that it's going to be Agatha 8, the Cafeteria Lady.  She's 5'1", built like a fire plug and her age is "yes, she has,,,and badly."  Comes with alternate mats for dishpan hands and Property of U.S. Navy tatoos, additional morphs for corns and bunions, plus fiber hair for her brows, legs and moustache. 

Seriously, someone needs to make this. I think she might sell as well as George.

I would *love* a character built like the archetypal lunch lady. I would absolutely render with her. The lunch ladies in my school district were some of my favorite people there.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    Ildanach said:
    JamesJAB said:

Todays new releases : 

We've had Mika 8, but good catch with Alexandra 8. There's also mention of Aiko 8. I thought Sakura was replacing Aiko. Interesting. Two female anime characters...

Sakura is not the same style as recent Aiko iterations, she's more like Keiko IMO.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Ildanach said:
    JamesJAB said:

Todays new releases : 

We've had Mika 8

We have?

• Looks like Steve over at 3d Universe will be dropping a new guy/girl duo "soon" so it would be the Matt/Megan for 8!
    FB_IMG_1517918562213.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 77K
  • kyryiakyryia Posts: 46

Aiko 8 or bust

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited February 2018
    Ildanach said:
    JamesJAB said:

Todays new releases : 

We've had Mika 8

We have?

I'm sure they meant Karyssa 8 because she's this generation's fae character, unless DAZ releases another one. >.>;;;

Post edited by MimicMolly on
    Ildanach said:
    JamesJAB said:

Todays new releases : 

We've had Mika 8

We have?

I'm sure they meant Karyssa 8 because she's this generation's fae character, unless DAZ releases another one. >.>;;;

Yup, sorry, I mixed up Karyssa 8. So does this mean we are getting a Mika 8? I'm getting confused with all the character renames and then old names coming back into the mix lol

Leana said:
    Ildanach said:
    JamesJAB said:

Todays new releases : 

Sakura is not the same style as recent Aiko iterations, she's more like Keiko IMO.

I shall submit to your better judgement here. I didn't actually purchase Sakura and just assumed she was the gen8 version of Aiko wink

• Sakura is more like Keiko, who was more like the original Aiko, before Aiko became more Final Fantasy 3D and less Anime.  So, (shrugs) dunno....

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I'm hoping there's no Mika 8....do we really need another Thorne character? We have two already. And yet another female...holy bat**** crazy Batman....why??

Oh well, I guess I have enough male stuff. I guess.

Theoretically I could stop buying stuff for the next two years and still have stuff I've never even used. There's a thought.

Laurie

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    Ildanach said:
    Ildanach said:
    JamesJAB said:

Todays new releases : 

We've had Mika 8

We have?

Yup, sorry, I mixed up Karyssa 8. So does this mean we are getting a Mika 8? I'm getting confused with all the character renames and then old names coming back into the mix lol

I still mix up Mika 7, Izabella 7, and Sunny 7. X'D I'm pretty sure I'll mix up Josie 8, Karyssa 8, and Mika 8 (assuming she's another Thorne/cutesy girl character) too.

Still, I wasn't expecting Josie 8 to have such a stylized face. Which I'll admit, put me off (though I wishlisted her now) and because of that and "Karyssa", I can't trust the names. Maybe Mika 8 or Alexandra 8 will look more like an actual teen lol

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Of Mika 7, Isabella 7, & Sunny 7 I prefer Isabella 7 but that was because of the great Mystery Solver 'Velma' getup they gave her.

I guess this week's new DO character Pro Bundle will come on Thursaday.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2018

If it's still the cartoon theme, The Girl 8 or Keiko 8 could be the next.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I get the vibe that the store is not going to be making anymore Genesis 8 males official characters, I hope I’m wrong but we haven’t even got Gianni  and there are three more potential female characters lined up. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I get the vibe that the store is not going to be making anymore Genesis 8 males official characters, I hope I’m wrong but we haven’t even got Gianni  and there are three more potential female characters lined up. 

Heck I'm still hoping they keep up G8 for more than two years (preferrably 4).

Laurie

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

Genesis 9 in 2019 would sound good.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

3 more females spotted doesn't mean there won't be more male characters released, only that no content supporting a new male has been released yet.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

NoahLGP said:

Genesis 9 in 2019 would sound good.

Honestly , I’m not sure what Genesis 9 could offer to get me to  adopt it right off the start.  Genesis 8 gives me so much of what I want in a figure what with the better expressions, ability to bring my Genesis 3 characters (shapes , skins, and poses etc) over to Genesis 8, and the backwards compatibility for clothes, hair, and even a lot of my lie tattoos.  Footwear is not so good but that’s kinda always been an issue.  

Another thing to consider is that with the way the G8 figures are so versatile, they will be very useful for much more than 2 years and should DAZ hold off on the every two year cycle , it would give the PA’s an opportunity to get really creative With doing new things.  This would be a very good thing for DAZ3D, the PA’s, and the customers. It’s not like there is not a precedent for this.  Just look at how long Michael 4 and Victoria 4 were the newest figures.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

If this turns out to be the case, I am definitely gonna be spending less money.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited April 2018
    AllenArt said:

Heck I'm still hoping they keep up G8 for more than two years (preferrably 4).

Laurie

Unfortunately, a four-year cycle seems somewhat unlikely. From a purely commercial standpoint, they have the example of Victoria 4 as to why they absolutely should not do that; there was (and still is, to some degree) massive resistance to reinvesting in various resources after her five year reign. With a two-year generation, there's less immediate resistance -- especially if you can demonstrate some technological improvements that users can see -- and less long-term resistance as well.

I don't get that impression at all. Maybe part of the issue is that there's so much less male content produced that there are fewer opportunities for information to sneak into the public eye, like the fits for Mika 8, Penny 8, Edie 8, and The Girl 8 have recently done. After all, Edward didn't really appear much of anywhere beforehand, he was just suddenly there.

I suspect this may be a short generation (pure speculation, based on nothing more than the fact that the normal cycles for almost all the continuing stalwarts to date -- Michael, Olympia, Darius, Monique, possibly Mika whenever she appears -- have been cut short by a minimum of five months, and up to a year in some cases. But I don't think it'll be quite THAT short.

Gianni and Gia and Lee and Mei Lin are the previously continued figures introduced before Genesis 3 that still have to make an appearance. We've seen one morph for Mei Lin 8 in something, albeit a long time back, and it would be very surprising if she were to appear without Lee in the same generation at this point. Gia and Gianni ... them, I'm not sure about. We haven't seen any sign of Gia as far as I know, and I wouldn't expect to see any sign of Gianni, given the way this generation has worked.

As for what's next: given that she already has a pose set in the store (the Giant and the Princess set with Ollie) and it hasn't been removed, if the next figure isn't Mika 8, it would be very strange indeed.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

I can neither confirm nor deny anything, but I would be willing to bet that you are wrong. :)