Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I’d be happy to be wrong on this issue. =-)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited April 2018

After the weirdness that was Ollie, I wouldn't put anything past DAZ this time around.  Personally, I expect there to be at least one male Toon-ish type before the line is done to serve as G8's Kenji/Hiro/Guy proxy, and it's also past time for a younger male figure since we haven't had an official male teen base since Genesis 2.  We also haven't seen a "monster" type in this generation, and since G3 got centaurs, zombies, vampires and devils as Base or Featured figures, I can see that trend extending... maybe werewolves, aliens and male and female orcs?    

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I truly want to see Gianni again, for females I would honestly like to see Lilith again :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

We've been seeing a LOT more stylized and Toon characters over the last couple of generations. Both official and PA characters/morph sets. 

For that matter, most of the things which would have been standalone figures back in the gen4 era are now Genesis morphs. Which, imho, is all to the good. Especially since they can be blended for rolling one's own.

That said, we do still seem to be missing a few of the basic "types" on the realistic side of the scale. But we haven't yet hit the one-year mark for G8. Since DAZ appears to be settled int to a schedule of releasing two new bases just about every month, it stands to reason that they may well be holding a few things back for later release. Or have their development team working on scheduled character bases in a specific order. I'll chime in with the hope that they will extend G8's development cycle for longer than 2 years, but even if they don't, we've got something like 15 more months to run in the 2-year cycle. I doubt that they will be releasing 2 new bases in *every* one of those months, but  we're still looking at something like over a dozen potential new character bases.

And the line gets further blured when well-known and recognized PA releases get given the enhanced treatment. Or DAZ takes on a PA character and leaves the original artist name when they bring it out as an official base. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    DAZ_Rawb said:

I get the vibe that the store is not going to be making anymore Genesis 8 males official characters, I hope I’m wrong but we haven’t even got Gianni  and there are three more potential female characters lined up. 

I can neither confirm nor deny anything, but I would be willing to bet that you are wrong. :)

That's a really funny way of not confirming. :)

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2018

I’d be happy to be wrong on this issue. =-)

It remains 4 guys at least : Kenji, Lee, The Guy and Gianni

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

I don't care. 

yes   +1

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    AllenArt said:

I've been programmed not to get excited about the next release as it's likely and chances are better than good that it's a young, white female *yawn*. I already got enough of those.

Laurie

This... so much this. I just refer to them as JAWGs. Just Another White Girl. :)

edited April 2018
    RKane_1 said:
    AllenArt said:

I've been programmed not to get excited about the next release as it's likely and chances are better than good that it's a young, white female *yawn*. I already got enough of those.

Laurie

This... so much this. I just refer to them as JAWGs. Just Another White Girl. :)

That's not wrong but Mei Lin 8 and Kalea 8 are still possible.

Or maybe some new beauties from South America, India or North Africa/Middle East.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

Who's next ? Male or Female ? Kenji 8 ?

Kenji would be nice, since we do have Aiko. Or, Ollie's counterpart to get some of that extra control over individual facial features on the female side of G8 would be even more welcome for anyone who needs character actors. 

I'd like to see something that isn't *just* designed for pinups. But DAZ does as DAZ will.

We're still short some major ethnics, some 10 months into the G8 cycle, and we've got a number of stylized "types" without counterparts, as well as the perenial male/female gap. And we've had another Thorne character hinted at in fits who has yet to show up.

For my part, I'd be happy to see anything that wasn't just another pretty girl. Unless, that is, she turns out to be The Girl.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited April 2018

Unless it's a male (hopefully Leo 8 or Gianni 8 or Lee 8 or a very nice new one), I really don't care ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I don't care. 

Agreed! I have enough characters and morphs to create pretty much any figure I need. I guess it really depends on what DAZ brings out, but I am not pining for anyone.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Freak 8!!!  Freak 8!!! OK just throwing that out randomly, but The Freak could use some G8M love!

EEK...I lied! Unless it's a male OR a female made along the lines of Ollie 8, I really don't care ;).

Phew...glad I got that off my chest. LOL

Laurie

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Would love to see Kenji as a counterpart to Aiko.  Failing that, a solid male bundle will have me reaching for the credit card

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I always need men’s clothing so hope it’s a male. I hope it also does not have dforceable clothing. I’m not a fan of the tech yet.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Thorne has a cute new stylized character coming out soon, but she may be for an exisiting base....

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Jumping on the bandwagon and also hoping for a male character with a nice bundle.  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

also hoping for a male character with a nice bundle.  

Is that a euphemism?  :0

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well like AllenArt I said I don't care but I do too, just not particularly about the next realistic 3D human models. Not because I got what I wanted and am satisfied but because no matter which of the Pro Bundles you buy first the rest are easily interchangable since G3 texture sets work so well in G8 and I have FaceGen random morphs too.

I want instead, in order of being most likely to purchase: more Ollie style characters female or male and the Guy & Girl. If the sales numbers supports that good, if not, well I've bought got Girl 7 & Guy 7. also Ollie, Morpheus, & the 3DU & now D.Master products so that aspect has never been better at DAZ I think.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Cybersox said:

LOL Well apparently NOW it is. surpriseblush

Greymom said:

Thorne has a cute new stylized character coming out soon, but she may be for an exisiting base....

Something I definitely do NOT wanna see...have enough of those.

Laurie

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I want a tall dark brooding muscle bound warrior type (male) to come out. Or an anime boy. Tonight, please, Daz!

edited April 2018

There was evidently a peek-a-boo banner for Edie 8 just a bit ago. Gone now, but probably won't stay gone. 

From the glimpse that the person who spotted it got, she seems to be Ollie's counterpart. 

I didn't see it myself. Or not yet.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Well, I'm guessing that most of us didn't see Edie 8 coming...

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Well, I'm guessing that most of us didn't see Edie 8 coming...

JOdel did:

JOdel said:

Kenji would be nice, since we do have Aiko. Or, Ollie's counterpart to get some of that extra control over individual facial features on the female side of G8 would be even more welcome for anyone who needs character actors. 

I'd like to see something that isn't *just* designed for pinups. But DAZ does as DAZ will.

Remind me to ask him for the next Loto numbers. lol :P

edited April 2018

Oh, my average is about 1 out of three guesses. But I am *really* pleased to see Edie. I have *so* much that I can use her for.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    Cybersox said:

Omg. I can’t believe I said that, lol!  Probably best that I take the fifth. 

It seems there will be no Kenji/Hiro for Genesis 8.