Does DSON work with Poser Pro 2014?

Comments

• benjbernsteinbenjbernstein Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Any idea why when any of the limbs bend it looks like plastic getting ready to snap? It looks like when you take a plastic doll and bend it. Definitely not like the Mike4 I was working with before this. I guess it has something to do with it being a Daz product being imported to Poser? Can this be fixed?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Have you turned SubD off? Could you post a picture of what you are getting?

edited December 1969

I haven't turned SubD off. I don't know how. But I just opened the same file I had yesterday and I can't recreate the same thing. I'm not sure if I had more props last time or not. I'm noticing though that I don't have full range of movement of body parts. I can post a pic showing how far I can kick the leg up if you want.

edited November 2013

This is a screen shot of the limit of how high I can get her right leg up. Also, the left collar won't go to the front more than 26 degree or back more than 17degrees. I haven't checked the limits of everything else.

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

Genesis doesn't respond to the Use Limits checkbox. To bend it further, right click on the arrow to the far left of the dial, select settings and you can raise the limits manually. However, it can start to look ugly, even though an old man like me can bend my leg up to touch my chin (if my knee is bent, of course)...

edited December 1969

I agree with you in that it can start to look bad, but 26 degrees? Should be a little more play room than that. Thanks for getting back to me. I think I stumbled upon that fix right below I saw your reply. I haven't gone through it carefully I got side tracked but I think it was what you're talking about.

• edited December 1969

Ok i wonder if anyone can help with my issue, i load up the DSON importer and it installs correctly, i load V6 into a seperate runtime i had created for my genesis models, i have all the extra genesis models loaded in there also any V6 loads ok into poser with no problem. so Far so good you think. The problem i have is if i add any clothes, or poses, or characters onto the V6 model it will run through the script and it will eventually load sometimes but in my runtime windows it still shows as loading and then it just crashes my Poser i can do nothing with it at all nothing will respond even if i leave it like for hours any ideas ?

• Angela3DAngela3D Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

A quick note on DSON library structure... Knowing where to install things can be confusing and can quickly become a disorganized mess because DS and Poser have such different file structure requirements. If you have separate DAZ content and Poser libraries, then it can get messy when you combine the two. I keep mine separate, just for the sake of being organized. It is easier than one might think...

I have one "My Library" content folder with all my Daz native content. I have the Genesis Starter Essentials pack installed here -- but NOT the Poser CFs. Your Daz "My Library" by definition, includes a "runtime" folder. So... I have one DS folder with all studio-specific content.

On the other hand, I have MANY Poser runtimes to stay organized, mainly because Poser doesn't allow you to shuffle things around with the same flexibility that DS does. In Poser, I have one runtime per character, plus one for scenes/props, creatures, etc. When DSON came out, I created a brand new Poser runtime with ONLY the Poser CF files. This is my Genesis runtime for Poser. No actual Daz content here, just Poser CFs. This setup works wonderfully in Poser **IF** I also include the Daz "My Library" runtime in Poser's library list. See the image below.

Daz info/geometries/etc. will be found in the spot you install Daz content. You MUST have Genesis Starter Essentials and/or any DSON content installed in a runtime that Poser lists in the library folder. If you don't connect the DAZ CONTENT RUNTIME to Poser, you will get blank geometry when you use the Poser CF files. Poser only sees files in its runtime library and it needs to be able to see Daz content to make the CFs work.

I suppose a picture IS worth a thousand words! I have tried everything, since DSON was released, to get it to load Genesis correctly, and nothing worked until today. Today was the day (because of MUCH frustration) that I was actually going to uninstall DSON completely and give up - until I saw your post. Maybe other people have said to add Daz's 'My Library' in my Poser Library, but I never 'got it' until I saw the picture you attached.

Thank you so much!

• GrandmaPaulaGrandmaPaula Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

This is a screen shot of the limit of how high I can get her right leg up. Also, the left collar won't go to the front more than 26 degree or back more than 17degrees. I haven't checked the limits of everything else.

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

That link takes me to Richards "Use of nudity" post. LOL

edited December 1969

That link takes me to Richards "Use of nudity" post. LOL

He's an expert... :lol:

• edited April 2015

I have Poser Pro 2014 EX v5.2 64-bit version. I have DSON Importer installed (via DIM). I want to use Michael 5 with Ryuu Morphs. I can load M5 from Poser library without problem. When I apply Ryuu Morphs, nothing works. I dial the Ryuu morphs manually - but nothing works either. I set Michael 5 morph to zero, and figure reverts to Genesis shape. No idea why Poser is no longer able to handle morphs correctly for Genesis. (I can get everything to work just fine inside DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro - of course)

I uninstalled DSON Importer from PP2014 and install it into PP2012 - same problem. Have since reverted to DSON Importer installed on PP2014.

Post edited by ibr_remote aka infinity10 on
    edited December 1969

While I don't own Ryuu, did you install both the DSON Core files anf the Poser CFs?

If it is like the Genesis morphs I do own, if you load M5, the dials should be present for the morphs; does dialing them in without applying anything work?

• edited December 1969

I used DIM to install both the Main and the CF files; the M5 morph works manually. I will read this thread later - very late for me now, my part of the planet.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Double check where you have installed both the genesis files and the poser companion files. You should install those files in separate passes when using DIM, one pass for all the DSON Core (genesis data files) and then switch the install directory location, then install the poser companion files. If the data files are in the wrong location, use DIM to uninstall, change directories then install to the directory where the base Genesis is located.

• edited December 1969

Thanks ! Excellent advice !

I should mention that using DSON Loader script, I can bring in the content without trouble into Poser. I had been relying on loading directly from Library, but that will not work without Loader. I understand the process much better now.

• edited January 2017
    I am having a major problem. I have Poser 2014. I installed Dson and finally can get it to let me load a figure without asking for a writable folder. It goes through all the motions of adding but when finished I can't see the character and it renders blank. I don't know how to fix this problem. I have the Genesis starter essentials in poser and I can see all my items. I have the Giselle bundle. If anyone can help. Please write it step by step please as I am stupid when it comes to trying to get this to work. It works just great in daz studio but I don't like the lighting, I need no shadows and omg 10 hours for 1 render. I am just used to Poser but daz loads figures, clothes, etc more easy. It's just the lighting and rendering that I don't like. All help is appreciated and thank you.
    Post edited by theferrells_1eb8e34403 on
  • I am having a major problem. I have Poser 2014. I installed Dson and finally can get it to let me load a figure without asking for a writable folder. It goes through all the motions of adding but when finished I can't see the character and it renders blank. I don't know how to fix this problem. I have the Genesis starter essentials in poser and I can see all my items. I have the Giselle bundle. If anyone can help. Please write it step by step please as I am stupid when it comes to trying to get this to work. It works just great in daz studio but I don't like the lighting, I need no shadows and omg 10 hours for 1 render. I am just used to Poser but daz loads figures, clothes, etc more easy. It's just the lighting and rendering that I don't like. All help is appreciated and thank you.

This usually means that the location you installed the DSON core files (the Daz studio files) is not set as a Poser external library (or the core files are simply not installed). Did you install both parts of the content packages, and to where?

• I am having a major problem. I have Poser 2014. I installed Dson and finally can get it to let me load a figure without asking for a writable folder. It goes through all the motions of adding but when finished I can't see the character and it renders blank. I don't know how to fix this problem. I have the Genesis starter essentials in poser and I can see all my items. I have the Giselle bundle. If anyone can help. Please write it step by step please as I am stupid when it comes to trying to get this to work. It works just great in daz studio but I don't like the lighting, I need no shadows and omg 10 hours for 1 render. I am just used to Poser but daz loads figures, clothes, etc more easy. It's just the lighting and rendering that I don't like. All help is appreciated and thank you.

This usually means that the location you installed the DSON core files (the Daz studio files) is not set as a Poser external library (or the core files are simply not installed). Did you install both parts of the content packages, and to where?

I installed both. First time s set up a 2012 folder then I installed in poser 2014. I have a daz library file in my documents. When I try to load a Genesis figure in poser it's writes a file in the folders set up in my documents. I followed the directions in a previous post to go in daz and copy base files and the click on poser and it set up a new file in my documents. And it is writing files to that folder. Just when I load a figure I can't see it.

I installed both. First time s set up a 2012 folder then I installed in poser 2014. I have a daz library file in my documents. When I try to load a Genesis figure in poser it's writes a file in the folders set up in my documents. I followed the directions in a previous post to go in daz and copy base files and the click on poser and it set up a new file in my documents. And it is writing files to that folder. Just when I load a figure I can't see it.

This is what I did. In Poser, click the little icon at top-right of the Library panel that shows a folder with a + on it, then select the C:User\Public\ My Document\......... folder. In DAZ Studio go to Window>Panes(tabs)>Content Library, right-click on DAZ Studio Formats, select Add Content Directory and select C:User\Public\ My Document\........., then right-click On Poser Formats, select Add Runtime Directory and select C:User\Public\ My Document\.........
  • Daz Studio is not needed for use of the DSON Importer, just the plug-in and the content. What is the full path to the \Data\Daz 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Genesis3female.dsf file on your system? (Giselle is a Genesis 3 Female character.)

• Daz Studio is not needed for use of the DSON Importer, just the plug-in and the content. What is the full path to the \Data\Daz 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Genesis3female.dsf file on your system? (Giselle is a Genesis 3 Female character.)

This is Giselle 6 and it says she is Genesis 2 female. I can get 1 item to import. A pair of leaf earrings. I set up a runtime folder in my documents folder.This PC\Documents. I have Windows 10 and poser 2014. This stopped poser from asking for a writable runtime folder and went through the motions of adding the character. It writes files to the new folder I added. It just won't show the actual character once it loads. It says it's there but you can't see it. I copied the Genesis female 2 base duf. To that folder but in poser I can't see the actual Genesis female 2. I don't know what it is I am doing and I have files stuck everywhere. In daz if I pull the Genesis 2 female it show her being i

Did you add your DAZ library folder to Poser's library?  Do the figures load properly in DAZ Studio?

• WandW said:

Did you add your DAZ library folder to Poser's library?  Do the figures load properly in DAZ Studio?

I looked in my runtime folder in Poser and I don't see a Daz Folder. I see one in the Libraries Folder. It Victoria 4 in it. They do load correctly in Daz Studio.  I just can't get the right render I like in Daz that I get in Poser and it took 10 hours for Daz to do a render. whew.

poser Runtime.jpg
    731 x 708 - 111K
    Poser Libraries.jpg
    774 x 540 - 78K
    edited January 2017

By "DAZ Library Folder", I meant the folder where you installed the content that came with DAZ Studio

So, where did you install the Starter Essentials?  I see you have your content installed in the Poser Program Folder runtime, which is a non-standard installation because Windows' User Account Control won't let programs write there; it's not a 'writable runtime folder'.   The default Poser Content location is outside the C:\Program Files hierarchy in the shared documents folder...

Post edited by WandW on
  • WandW said:
    Okay I have unistalled Poser and installed it again with the runtime directory in my documents folder. I now have to install Genesis again and Daz studio again as I had to reinstall windows again. So now I am starting from fresh. I already installed DSON to my C:/windows/program files/ smith micro 2014...
    So now where do I go from here... I have wiped the slate clean. lol
    edited January 2017

1.  Install the DSON Importer to your Poser Program folder.

2.  For your DAZ content, install the Genesis and Genesis 2 starter essentials along with your DSON content (both Poser CF and DSON Core files for each product) into a folder somewhere outdide of the c:/Program Files hierachy (Creating a folder in in your Documents folder would be fine; mine is called 'DAZ Content')....are you using DAZ Install Manager, or unzipping the files manually?

Post edited by WandW on
  • WandW said:
    Okay I have unistalled Poser and installed it again with the runtime directory in my documents folder. I now have to install Genesis again and Daz studio again as I had to reinstall windows again. So now I am starting from fresh. I already installed DSON to my C:/windows/program files/ smith micro 2014...
    So now where do I go from here... I have wiped the slate clean. lol
    WandW said:

2.  For your DAZ content, install the Genesis and Genesis 2 starter essentials along with your DSON content (both Poser CF and DSON Core files for each product) into a folder somewhere outdide of the c:/Program Files hierachy (Creating a folder in in your Documents folder would be fine; mine is called 'DAZ Content')....are you using DAZ Install Manager, or unzipping

WandW said:

2.  For your DAZ content, install the Genesis and Genesis 2 starter essentials along with your DSON content (both Poser CF and DSON Core files for each product) into a folder somewhere outdide of the c:/Program Files hierachy (Creating a folder in in your Documents folder would be fine; mine is called 'DAZ Content')....are you using DAZ Install Manager, or unzipping the files manually?

I am installing them manually. O am using Windows 10 and Poser Pro 14. This s what I did. 1 installed poser to my documents. 2. Made an external file for my poser content in my documents. 3 installed DSON to my poser in my documents. 4 added all files poser and cf files to my poser file contents folder. Genesis Starter and essentials for 2 & 3. 5. Started poser and loaded Genesis 2 female and it still doesnt show up.

OK, you installed the DSON content in the same location as your Poser content.  When you manually installed the DSON content, did you unzip it to that folder?  If so, the content is in a subfolder called 'Content' in that directory.  If you look in that Content folder, if thare are folders calledPeople, Data, Documentation and Runtime, you need to move the contents of that Content folder up one level.

The reason it is that way is that the zip files are set up for DAZ Studio.  If you use DAZ Install Manager it takes that into account when it installs content, but unzipping it doesn't...

• WandW said:

OK, you installed the DSON content in the same location as your Poser content.  When you manually installed the DSON content, did you unzip it to that folder?  If so, the content is in a subfolder called 'Content' in that directory.  If you look in that Content folder, if thare are folders calledPeople, Data, Documentation and Runtime, you need to move the contents of that Content folder up one level.

The reason it is that way is that the zip files are set up for DAZ Studio.  If you use DAZ Install Manager it takes that into account when it installs content, but unzipping it doesn't...

No when I unzip I open the content folder and unzip what is showing there to where it needs to go. If it says runtime then I just click on my poser contents folder and it automatically puts it in the runtime folder. I don't know why I can't get it to work. In poser I can see the figures under the daz people folder with Victoria 4 ECT. But they just won't show up when they load.
  • The files you see are the Poser Companion files, from the PoserCF zip. That doesn't mean the files from the DSON core are correctly placed, especially if you are installing manually. Where exactly are the CR2 for loading the figure, and the \Data\Daz 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Genesis 2 Fermale.dsf files on your system?