Does DSON work with Poser Pro 2014?

Comments

• vicster56vicster56 Posts: 60
    edited June 2013

I am using Poser Pro 2014 & have installed DSON - when I load the Genesis character it says it loaded but I don't see it in the scene?? Any suggestions please! I have tried to set Scale larger but figure never appears?! Thanks!!

Untitled-1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 567K
    Post edited by vicster56 on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

vicster56 said:
    I am using Poser Pro 2014 & have installed DSON - when I load the Genesis character it says it loaded but I don't see it in the scene?? Any suggestions please! I have tried to set Scale larger but figure never appears?! Thanks!!

are you using an external runtime? a fix i have used is copy the DSON files from the python script from the runtime where your Poser 2014 is install to the same folder in where ever your runtime is that you are using

• vicster56vicster56 Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

vicster56 said:

are you using an external runtime? a fix i have used is copy the DSON files from the python script from the runtime where your Poser 2014 is install to the same folder in where ever your runtime is that you are using

LycanthropeX,

Thanks for the quick response. I just reloaded DSON to my external Runtime but still same issue- figure supposedly loads but not there? Guess I'll have to try a few things...ahhhhhh!!

Thanks again!!

edited December 1969

try reinstalling poser with out removing the current installation. I have had to do that to get python scripts to work properly

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials (both the main zip and PoserCF)?

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

SMS has released SR1 for P10 and Pro 2014.

edited June 2013

I have noticed on some products if you just install the poser files you get the mysterious invisible figure problem, installing the Studio files as well seems to fix the issue. I have run into that at least 4 or 5 times.

but i am having this same issue with the pit fighter outfit and so far nothing has worked to fix it

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • TigersanTigersan Posts: 17
    edited June 2013

Ok, i have no idea how to make DSON Victoria 6 to work in poser ive spent 2 days trying to make it work literally. I have 2 folders Poser PRo 2012 and 2014 my main content with everything in it is in 2012, and i added it to poser 2014. I installed dson in both folders installed victoria 6 in both also just to make sure. Genesis 1 works but when i load V6 the scene is empty when its done... Sigh... What a DRAG! Any ideas?

Oh, and both my poser folders are on separate partition so they are not on C: drive atall.

Post edited by Tigersan on
    edited December 1969

Tigersan said:
    Ok, i have no idea how to make DSON Victoria 6 to work in poser ive spent 2 days trying to make it work literally. I have 2 folders Poser PRo 2012 and 2014 my main content with everything in it is in 2012, and i added it to poser 2014. I installed dson in both folders installed victoria 6 in both also just to make sure. Genesis 1 works but when i load V6 the scene is empty when its done... Sigh... What a DRAG! Any ideas?

Oh, and both my poser folders are on separate partition so they are not on C: drive atall.

Did you install G2F Starter Essentials as well as V6 (both the core and PCF's)? Are they installed in Program Files (if you're running Vista/Win7/Win8)?

edited June 2013

Hey thanks for the reply! :)

No both my poser folders are on separate partition... I installed everything to both runtimes just to make sure.
    On top of that when it finishes loading, the library window gets messed up and i have to restart whole poser. It happens only
    when it fails to load a character.

Sigh... The file descriptions when u download your products is just ridiculous u dont know what u downloading. Seriously DAZ
    u really count on everybody using the installer? Installing and making those products work is such a damn DRAG its not even
    funny...

edited December 1969

Tigersan said:
    Hey thanks for the reply! :)

No both my poser folders are on separate partition... I installed everything to both runtimes just to make sure.
    On top of that when it finishes loading, the library window gets messed up and i have to restart whole poser. It happens only
    when it fails to load a character.

Sigh... The file descriptions when u download your products is just ridiculous u dont know what u downloading. Seriously DAZ
    u really count on everybody using the installer? Installing and making those products work is such a damn DRAG its not even
    funny...

What is the full path to Genesis2female.dsf?

edited June 2013

A..HA! im missing this file... sigh... which installer file is this in?

... Wait isnt that a DAZ file extension... im talking about poser...

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

Tigersan said:
    A..HA! im missing this file... sigh... which installer file is this in?

... Wait isnt that a DAZ file extension... im talking about poser...

Of course it's a DAZ file; they are what the DSON importer imports... ;)

The file Genesis2female.dsf is in "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials"...

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

A quick note on DSON library structure... Knowing where to install things can be confusing and can quickly become a disorganized mess because DS and Poser have such different file structure requirements. If you have separate DAZ content and Poser libraries, then it can get messy when you combine the two. I keep mine separate, just for the sake of being organized. It is easier than one might think...

I have one "My Library" content folder with all my Daz native content. I have the Genesis Starter Essentials pack installed here -- but NOT the Poser CFs. Your Daz "My Library" by definition, includes a "runtime" folder. So... I have one DS folder with all studio-specific content.

On the other hand, I have MANY Poser runtimes to stay organized, mainly because Poser doesn't allow you to shuffle things around with the same flexibility that DS does. In Poser, I have one runtime per character, plus one for scenes/props, creatures, etc. When DSON came out, I created a brand new Poser runtime with ONLY the Poser CF files. This is my Genesis runtime for Poser. No actual Daz content here, just Poser CFs. This setup works wonderfully in Poser **IF** I also include the Daz "My Library" runtime in Poser's library list. See the image below.

Daz info/geometries/etc. will be found in the spot you install Daz content. You MUST have Genesis Starter Essentials and/or any DSON content installed in a runtime that Poser lists in the library folder. If you don't connect the DAZ CONTENT RUNTIME to Poser, you will get blank geometry when you use the Poser CF files. Poser only sees files in its runtime library and it needs to be able to see Daz content to make the CFs work.

DSON_Runtimes.jpg
    408 x 508 - 95K
  • ray-2280267ray-2280267 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hi all
    I'm new to this forum.
    With my share of headaches.
    I'm 100% French, and can get around with my English.
    I bought 3 days ago Victoria 6 Pro Bundle, with the Genesis Female 2 Morph Bundle.
    It's been 3 days now and still can't use Vic 6 in Poser.

Here is what I have
    Window 7 64 bits.
    Poser Pro 2014 64 bits.
    I downloaded all the files with the DAZ Download Manager,
    Pointed to where Poser was,
    And where I wanted DAZ 4.6 to be Install.
    It installed all of the DAZ files in the C:User\Public\ My Document\.........
    It installed the DSON Plugin in my D:Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\.........
    DAZ in the D:Program Files\

For the last 3 days, that's all I've read online about the DSON import for Poser.
    It's driving me insane...
    Can someone point me to a video link, or an easy to understand link on HOW TO?
    Or pretty soon I'll have to create myself a wig using the Hair tab in Poser
    Thank you.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

In Poser, click the little icon at top-right of the Library panel that shows a folder with a + on it, then select the C:User\Public\ My Document\......... folder. In DAZ Studio go to Window>Panes(tabs)>Content Library, right-click on DAZ Studio Formats, select Add Content Directory and select C:User\Public\ My Document\........., then right-click On Poser Formats, select Add Runtime Directory and select C:User\Public\ My Document\.........

• ray-2280267ray-2280267 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Yeaaaahhh!!!!!
    Thank you very much
    Richard Haseltine

It's working........
    And you made it sound so simple.
    Thanks

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Great, glad to help.

• edited December 1969

I thank you also....

• benjbernsteinbenjbernstein Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

In Poser, click the little icon at top-right of the Library panel that shows a folder with a + on it, then select the C:User\Public\ My Document\......... folder. In DAZ Studio go to Window>Panes(tabs)>Content Library, right-click on DAZ Studio Formats, select Add Content Directory and select C:User\Public\ My Document\........., then right-click On Poser Formats, select Add Runtime Directory and select C:User\Public\ My Document\.........

Hi, I was looking at this and trying to see if it applies to my situation. I'm using Poser 10 on a Mac. I've installed DSON (after about 2 days of trying to figure it out). I'm able to load Victoria 6 and I was trying to put hair on her. If I choose Nordic hair from the figures library it just shows up as all white (also, there is only one option for hair there). When I go to the materials library I have many options, maybe 10 or so, but I can't get any of them placed on the head. Have any idea why? Would doing what you suggested work? And if so, I don't understand what paths you're pointing to after the .... I guess you're pointing everything to the same spot where all the Daz and PoserCF files are located? If so, it looks like mine are already pointing to where they need to be. Although I haven't checked the Daz Studio formats, but I'm guessing they are also.
    So I guess the question is why can't I load the hair? I'll double check on where everything is pointing.

Thanks

edited December 1969

The hair probably loads untextured -- load the hair and make sure it's conformed to Genesis, then select the hair and apply the material preset.

edited December 1969

I'm brand new to these programs, how is that done? There seems to be hair in the people library, just one and then there are others in the materials library. The one from the people library loads but it's completely white. I had that loaded and tried to load one with a normal color but nothing happened.

Thanks for the feedback by the way.

edited December 1969

How does the hair look rendered, Ben?

edited December 1969

The hair probably loads untextured -- load the hair and make sure it's conformed to Genesis, then select the hair and apply the material preset.

Actually, I tried again and it worked. Thanks.

edited December 1969

The icons that appear in the materials library are not the objects themselves, just the material settings to apply to the objects. So load Genesis, and then load the hair from the Figures library. Then select the hair, and load the desired color from the Material library to apply it to the hair.

edited December 1969

Like I said, I'm new at this, so when you say rendered, I'm guessing you mean I go to the render tab and do whatever needs to be done there. I've haven't done that yet. I've created scenes and short animations kind of. I'm still trying to figure all that out. Getting DSON installed backed me up about 3 days and now I can seem to load the library the way I did before. So I think the answer is I haven't rendered yet but in the preview screen it actually looks much better than I expected, it almost looks real. I guess I should go ahead and render something just to do it, but I've got a bit to go before I get sidetracked with all the hassle I'm sure that will give me.

By the way, I tried Charm hair and I can put that on and it's white like the other one, but I can't find any materials for charm hair. Any idea if that's supposed to be part of the Victoria Starter Bundle?

edited December 1969

The Charm Hair materials are in the Pose library rather than Material -- before Poser 5 there wasn't a Material library,, and you'll still find a lot of products that have the materials in Pose.

edited December 1969

Wow, that made a difference. Thanks! That one doesn't look too bad either. I don't think I've every had such a steep learning curve for a program.

edited December 1969

Like I said, I'm new at this, so when you say rendered, I'm guessing you mean I go to the render tab and do whatever needs to be done there. I've haven't done that yet. ...

Click on the camera on the upper right of the preview window to render when you feel up to it... :)
    edited December 1969

I just did, took about 3-4 minutes. Now that I think about, I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. I also didn't take a look at any settings. I wonder how long a 2-3 minute video would take to render? From what I've heard it's best to do short scenes and then piece them together in another program, but the total time must be pretty long...