Post Your Renders - #4: A New Hope

Comments

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

Thanks. :)

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,826
    edited December 1969

If over-using Carrara's surface replicators is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Lighting courtesy of Tim Payne's Carrara Skies Lightdomes 1, which I had bought a while back but never tried out until now. Having tried them, I can't say enough nice things about them: highly recommended.

Musing07-01.jpg
    960 x 720 - 78K
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,826
    edited December 2012

What's that you said? "Are surface replicators good for anything else?" I thought you'd never ask ...

Narrows12-01.jpg
    960 x 720 - 109K
    Post edited by bytescapes on
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LOOK GREAT!

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    What's that you said? "Are surface replicators good for anything else?" I thought you'd never ask ...

That is amazing!

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

Very nice, Angus. Very nice indeed :-)

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Great pictures, Angusm. (I tried to post that last night but the site went down.)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Love the mood in both of those.

edited December 1969

In the spirit of the Replicator, here's a test render of something I'm working on. I'm experimenting with the surface replicator with the trees and the grass and using a texture map to define the path the carriage is following. It's still just in the phase of testing out the composition and the replicators. I actually put the wrong axes on the random placing of the grass and this particular angle doesn't show the path leading back into the forest. I've also got to figure out how the heck I'm going to yoke the horses to this carriage; I might go with another carriage instead of this one.

Anyway, hope y'all like it.

DirigibleAttempt_Test06.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 596K
    edited December 1969

A friend of mine made a request for a picture. I took the opportunity to do it in Carrara and learn some more stuff.

render02_composite03.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 473K
    edited December 1969

A friend of mine made a request for a picture. I took the opportunity to do it in Carrara and learn some more stuff.

I love the enthusiasm that you dove into Carrara with! :)

Keep it up and keep exploring it. I look forward to seeing what creations develop.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited January 2013

Here's something I did over xmas instead of eating mince pies and watching rubbish telly.....
    Mostly sculpted in 3DCoat.

Bigger on the blog!

SmallBrideCU.png
    433 x 600 - 336K
    SmallCreature.jpg
    450 x 600 - 121K
    SmallBride.jpg
    428 x 600 - 100K
    Post edited by stu sutcliffe on
    edited December 1969

Stu: That ROCKS! Great work.

edited December 1969

Scary good Stu!

Here's one I did for my nephews. They've been visiting this week from out of state.

Cody-Corbin_ATAT_Attack_copy.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 964K
    edited December 1969

Here's something I did over xmas instead of eating mince pies and watching rubbish telly.....

That's the HOLIDAY SPIRIT!!

Love love LOVE Bridey... Elsa Lanchester! She made the MOST of a film she was barely in....

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Thanks Holly! Yes she was gorgeous. I dont think I have seen the film for about 40 years! ( goddamit I feel old.) Though I have just watched the screaming sequence about a hundred times.Not quite there on my likeness,but good enough for now. That was the exercise, to do a pretty lady,and actually make the sculpt attractive .
    Peter Cushing next! His face might be a teensy bit easier.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Thanks Holly! Yes she was gorgeous. I dont think I have seen the film for about 40 years! ( goddamit I feel old.) Though I have just watched the screaming sequence about a hundred times.Not quite there on my likeness,but good enough for now. That was the exercise, to do a pretty lady,and actually make the sculpt attractive .
    Peter Cushing next! His face might be a teensy bit easier.

great job - keep them coming

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276
    edited December 1969

Awesome renders everyone!
    Ang, Love both those rep shots - especially that first one... just love it!
    Penc, Killer work, man! Glad to see you're on your way!
    Stu... my jaw hit the floor on that! Bride is awesome, but wow... did you ever capture Boris' version of Frank (Best IMHO)!!!
    EP, very cool composite. Bet your nephews love having that! Did you do a big print out for them to take home?

Great job, all!

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited January 2013

Decided to use Carrara 8 beta to model a habitat for a Hobbit wizard I'm working on. Mainly because I love the trees and replicator in Carrara. :)

hobbit_house.jpg
    800 x 600 - 271K
    Post edited by Design Acrobat on
    edited December 1969

Awesome renders everyone!
    Ang, Love both those rep shots - especially that first one... just love it!
    Penc, Killer work, man! Glad to see you're on your way!
    Stu... my jaw hit the floor on that! Bride is awesome, but wow... did you ever capture Boris' version of Frank (Best IMHO)!!!
    EP, very cool composite. Bet your nephews love having that! Did you do a big print out for them to take home?

Great job, all!

Nah. I'm e-mailing the picture to their parents. Let them pay for it! ;-)

edited December 1969

I love this picture. I just bought the Genesis Epic Wings, the Freya Armor, and the Tamesis Genesis and wanted to put them to a test. I combined them with Tears hair and the Temple Ruins.

I was going to tweak it: remove the vines, move her over the altar, change the position of her left arm so you can see her fist.

My system crashed. I hadn't saved any of the project. All I have are the renders. :(

Totally my fault. But. Damn.

composite04.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 252K
    edited December 1969

Beautiful!
    At least you'll get the joy of building it all over again ;)
    Did your system crash, or did you get an error during save?
    I finally had to jump back into 8.1 for the time being, due to those errors. Otherwise, I'd prefer 8.5beta over 8.1 any day.

edited December 1969

I love this picture.

VERY nice. I don't know if the vines need removing...but certainly repositioning. Maybe the foreground shadow could be softened up a bit. Everything else is just about perfect - I love the pose exactly where it is now. Bravo!

edited December 1969

Beautiful!
    At least you'll get the joy of building it all over again ;)
    Did your system crash, or did you get an error during save?
    I finally had to jump back into 8.1 for the time being, due to those errors. Otherwise, I'd prefer 8.5beta over 8.1 any day.

System crashed AS I was saving.

I had been having random system crash issues and I thought I'd resolved them by changing my anti-virus software. It had been weeks since I'd had any issues. So that was irritating as hell.

edited December 1969

Whipped out quick Hobbit Wizard in 3DCoat, added it to the scene. Less than optimum render had some bigger fish to fry. Will rig the little fellow later.

hobbit_house_with_Wizard_small.jpg
    800 x 600 - 70K
    edited December 1969

Waaah, I need to spend more time in 3Dcoat... That looks like fun!

edited December 1969

Waaah, I need to spend more time in 3Dcoat... That looks like fun!

Was fun and keeps me occupied. heh

Pretty easy to make for this fella. Just made a sphere, then used the curve tool for legs, arms and hands. Added a sphere head and used the cutout tool to shape, added spheres for ears>cutoff tool and shaped (wasn't gonna show much anyway cause of hat and hair.) Made the hat and coat with cylinders in another later, shaped with cutoff tool. Of course there is the usual tweaking with scrape, carve and smoothing tool. Did a autotopo, sent to paint and used the freeze tool to isolate the areas I didn't want to paint on. Pretty easy actually and I wish this tool was in my art tool bag years ago.

edited December 1969

A work in progress, this is using some of the features of a new environmental construction kit for Carrara.

Doc2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 690K
    edited December 1969

A work in progress, this is using some of the features of a new environmental construction kit for Carrara.

What new environmental construction kit?
    edited December 1969

Sweet.

What new environmental construction kit?

This discussion has been closed.