Pei and Pei suit...anyone have renders to share?

2»

Comments

• Does she have brows in that render? I can't tell. I was tempted by the first char, but it was really Pei who got me intrigued.

• Another one this time with Pei suit too, but i think I forgot to apply Pei fingernails... :( and used a shader on one material zone on mask and suit (which both have many and useful mat zones- YAY!) for customizing and loads of options to mix and match!

• Does she have brows in that render? I can't tell. I was tempted by the first char, but it was really Pei who got me intrigued.

She has super fine brows.  I actually like to add fiber brows to her to get a bit more facial depth.

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    edited December 2017

Broke down and bought Pei...really nice model...very soulful.

Pei seated 1.jpg
    1200 x 1158 - 446K
    Post edited by cdpro_2831bbd990 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,333
    edited December 2017

​I added in a bit of Star and a couple of other minor tweaks, the texture is the Sparkle for Mika one.

Peistarmix1.jpg
    778 x 1100 - 366K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,333
    scorpio said:

​I added in a bit of Star and a couple of other minor tweaks, the texture is the Sparkle for Mika one.

I usually don't like the big-eyed look, but it really adds something here. Nice combination.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

Woah! I've never considered getting Star before, but now I'm quite intrigued!

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581
    edited December 2017

Spending a little time doing some synthetic hair shader work for Pei, as well as exploring some new lighting techniques/processing (limited clothing as this is a skin test, too):

I absolutely love her skin! The HDR processing does seem to accentuate some light spots on her heels - nothing a quick paintjob can't fix before the next iteration.

- Greg

pei-iray-800.png
    800 x 1040 - 534K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Spending a little time doing some synthetic hair shader work for Pei, as well as exploring some new lighting techniques/processing (limited clothing as this is a skin test, too):

I absolutely love her skin! The HDR processing does seem to accentuate some light spots on her heels - nothing a quick paintjob can't fix before the next iteration.

- Greg

Wow! Looks great, Greg! :D

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581

Thanks, Diva - do you have her? She comes with some fantastic clothes, and a great gas mask. Not quite sure what an artificial lifeform needs the mask for, but I'm glad to have it for use on other figures! Must just be a style thing, or maybe she does breathe, eh?

On another note, I wasn't going to buy any more assets this year, but @RareStone's work on Sakura, and kitty sweater & bunny outfit, is exceptional.

- Greg

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,333

I got an update to Pei today. There was no indication of what what changed. In a render, I noticed that her legs don't match her torso. Here she is, rendered with two different light setups. 

Pei legs don't match torso BOSS Lights.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
    Pei legs don't match torso.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M