Pei and Pei suit...anyone have renders to share?

pdspds Posts: 593

I'm on the fence with this one as I have waaay more characters than I'll probably ever get around to rendering, but I like anime-style characters and Pei looks interesting. Anyone willing to show off some renders and/or offer an opinion on the quality of the character and clothing?

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    pds said:

I'm on the fence with this one as I have waaay more characters than I'll probably ever get around to rendering, but I like anime-style characters and Pei looks interesting. Anyone willing to show off some renders and/or offer an opinion on the quality of the character and clothing?

I finished up some overnight, I'll post them when I get home from work tonight.  I'm really liking both her and her outfit.  The tanktop in the outfit works very well with Dforce too

• I got the package just for the outfit. Ill try to throw something together and post.

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

Here's a quick and dirty...
    Not sure how much it will help you, but here ya go.

Day At The Lake.jpg
    495 x 800 - 93K
  • pdspds Posts: 593
    TomDowd said:

Here's a quick and dirty...
    Not sure how much it will help you, but here ya go.

Haha, I like this one! Thanks for posting!

• keekerkeeker Posts: 48

I don't have her but there are several Pei renders in the gallery LINK.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,577
    edited December 2017

As somebody who isn't quite ready to invest heavily in g8 just yet, I almost passed over Pei having only seen the main promo. Extremely cute character, though, so I decided to dig a little deeper and see exactly what was included in the set. What I found was some great scifi gear that will definitely play well with all of the Aeon Soul stuff in my library.

In addition to her face, the sculpting detail on her hands and legs (especially her knees) is fantastic:

Really wasn't familiar at all with the work of @RareStone, but ended up putting the majority of their catalog in my cart as well and checking out - highly recommended. Haven't had a chance to do much with her yet (just started mat conversion for my NPR work), but here she is testing her balance with a field sobriety test of sorts shortly after being switched on:

Reminds me of my college days working for the NSF in the robotics lab. I remember one bot stumbling around the lab 24 hours a day as it tried to teach itself balance lol. Pei makes it look easy!

dForce makes the shirt look fantastic, too.

- Greg

pei.png
    800 x 1040 - 620K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

in her promo, she reminds me of terai yuki.

cute dimple.

havta make sure her morphs are all dsf files, i'se carrara user

• hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167

Really wasn't familiar at all with the work of @RareStone, but ended up putting the majority of their catalog in my cart as well and checking out - highly recommended. Haven't had a chance to do much with her yet (just started mat conversion for my NPR work), but here she is testing her balance with a field sobriety test of sorts shortly after being switched on:

Reminds me of my college days working for the NSF in the robotics lab. I remember one bot stumbling around the lab 24 hours a day as it tried to teach itself balance lol. Pei makes it look easy!

- Greg

How do you render it in cartoon style? Looks cool.

As somebody who isn't quite ready to invest heavily in g8 just yet, I almost passed over Pei having only seen the main promo. Extremely cute character, though, so I decided to dig a little deeper and see exactly what was included in the set. What I found was some great scifi gear that will definitely play well with all of the Aeon Soul stuff in my library.

In addition to her face, the sculpting detail on her hands and legs (especially her knees) is fantastic:

- Greg

I'm glad my question served as a catalyst for your purchase! I love your NPR render. Wow. After seeing that, I'm adding her to my cart.

• Heres a couple texture variations with the outfit.

Pei_1.png
    1024 x 819 - 925K
    Pei_2.png
    1024 x 819 - 331K
    pds said:

- Greg

I'm glad my question served as a catalyst for your purchase! I love your NPR render. Wow. After seeing that, I'm adding her to my cart.

Thanks, PDS - be sure to check out the rest of @RareStone's catalog, too:

https://www.daz3d.com/rarestone

- Greg

hyteckit said:

- Greg

How do you render it in cartoon style? Looks cool.

Glad to hear you like it, hyteckit. Here's a link to a brief description of the process:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3031091/#Comment_3031091

If you, or anyone else is interested in NPR, there's tons of information and images sprinkled throughout that entire thread (both mine and others').

- Greg

Mistara said:

in her promo, she reminds me of terai yuki.

cute dimple.

havta make sure her morphs are all dsf files, i'se carrara user

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/48701/file_list

Hope this helps.

- Greg

edited December 2017

Ok, here is one I did with her and her outfit.  I'm really loving this character, she's adorable

Post edited by dragotx on
  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 903
    edited December 2017

Here's a quick one I did and tweaked in Photoshop (just to add the background shadows). The vest works nicely in dforce and is very quick to drape, in case anyone out there was wondering. All I did was apply the dforce settings, lower the stretch stiffness to 0.30, and hit simulate. 

Pei's First Sunlight.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 353K
    Post edited by Quixotry on

Here's a quick one I did and tweaked in Photoshop (just to add the background shadows). The vest works nicely in dforce and is very quick to drape, in case anyone out there was wondering. All I did was apply the dforce settings, lower the stretch stiffness to 0.30, and hit simulate. 

I love the lighting in that one

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

pds... Buy her! She's awesome. RareStone did an awesome job mixing cute, beautiful, petite and lovely all in one model. Something about her eyes... its as if she is alive.

• got the package just for the outfit.

Yep. Love some of those promo renders too.

She has a great personality.

jaxprog said:

pds... Buy her! She's awesome. RareStone did an awesome job mixing cute, beautiful, petite and lovely all in one model. Something about her eyes... its as if she is alive.

Thanks for the feedback! She’s in my cart!

And thanks to everyone who responded to this thread with comments and gorgeous renders!

• I want her so bad... mostly for the outfit, but she does also intrigue me... great package though. More like this please!

• Karuki said:

I want her so bad... mostly for the outfit, but she does also intrigue me... great package though. More like this please!

I'll definitely get her at some point.  Money's a bit tight at the moment.  But, I have most of Rarestone's catalog.  Kyla and her pajamas is quite a nice character package as well.  Rarestone seems to be really good at getting that cross between realistic and anime style.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

She is pretty cute.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,500
    edited December 2017

She is an amazing morph and looks fantastic with other skins too. I'm a mix and matcher.... I did a quick render with her using a dif skin but morph is all Pei. 

DDApocolypticPei_s.jpg
    1020 x 1200 - 576K
    Post edited by Chohole on

She is an amazing morph and looks fantastic with other skins too. I'm a mix and matcher.... I did a quick render with her using a dif skin but morph is all Pei. 

That is fantastic!

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    edited December 2017

Wow...terrific render!

edited December 2017

Here's a render of Rarestone's other character, Kyla...just in case you're interested.

Kyla stone dance 1.jpg
    1199 x 1697 - 2M
    Post edited by cdpro_2831bbd990 on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,500
    edited December 2017

another one, different style. pei skin this time.

• Wow...That is a fantastic render!

• thanks. i really enjoy using unique character shapes :) Pei is different, and that is good. 

edited December 2017

Here's a bit more closeup of Kyla that might show her off to better effect.  I totally agree about Pei...really nice balance between real and character shape.

Kyla whymsy dance 1.jpg
    1199 x 1697 - 2M
    Post edited by cdpro_2831bbd990 on