Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'll have to add my clown later, he is definitely a totally creepy character!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,406
    edited November 2017

Here are a couple of pics of Thornworks' Taiga for Genesis. The first one has her in the Garden Escape Pergola as an Elf pricness (with ears), with Dragon Princess hair and wearing the Briana Culaith outfit from the DM Briana Bundle. The second has her in front of the free Tink's Cafe, with alternate signage, with Georgina Hair for Genesis and wearing Richardbri's free Pretty in Pink II outfit and Sport Trainers from the V4 Sport Trainers Shoe Pack.

I really like the way this character looks. What's interesting is that she loads stock with the Basic Child morph set to .2. I turned this off and instead scaled her down to a scale setting of 86.8 (the same scale the child morph sets, but making her look a bit more mature and shapely). 

Sylvan-Princess.jpg
    4000 x 4000 - 6M
    Pretty-in-Pink.jpg
    4000 x 4000 - 4M
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • @Novica, in your 10 Genx2 tips, you mentioned a PDF? Was there an official instruction sheet linked somewhere? I've searched but I can't find it. I'm watching the Black Sun tutorial now, but would like to see the PDF if it exists somewhere.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    NSFW said:

@Novica, in your 10 Genx2 tips, you mentioned a PDF? Was there an official instruction sheet linked somewhere? I've searched but I can't find it. I'm watching the Black Sun tutorial now, but would like to see the PDF if it exists somewhere.

I THINK it was an embedded link in the ReadMe

• Llynara said:
    NSFW said:

How well does The Marquis hold up when auto-fitting to G2M or G3M? Does it lose the bones in the jacket when you auto-fit?

Here it is on G2M. My illusionist refuses to wear anything else for the cover of my next book. I've tried so many clothes on him, LOL. He's also fighting to stay a G2M- I've tried converting him to G3 and am trying to give him a G8M makeover. We'll see how it goes! (Oh, and he's not old, he was born with white hair.)

Note: The collar goes wonky, and I had to photoshop that. There is a way to fix it, Evil Innocence talks about it on their site or how to do this in Poser, but I haven't figured it out for DAZ. I'd love to know, because this is a fabulous set that I want to use over and over. I haven't tried dForce on it yet. I made this image before it came out.

@Llynara, thanks for that info, I took a chance on The Marquis anyway, maybe I'll have better luck. I think if I go down to G1 it will probably work better.

• Novica said:
    NSFW said:

@Novica, in your 10 Genx2 tips, you mentioned a PDF? Was there an official instruction sheet linked somewhere? I've searched but I can't find it. I'm watching the Black Sun tutorial now, but would like to see the PDF if it exists somewhere.

I THINK it was an embedded link in the ReadMe

Ah yes, thanks, its there.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Llynara said:

Evil Clown HD

Man, I'm not going to recover from this clown! I'm like the kid in the pic! I need a big sister to shield me from the scary stuff! This is Josh Crockett's Evil Clown HD wearing Bad Kitteh's Bad Clown Jumpsuit and Hairpieces. Kids are Chase for G3M and FWSA Willa for Teen Josie 8. The set is the wonderful Carnival Pack 1 Iray Add on for all the old carnival sets. Really amazing what they did with that.

I'm hoping I'm done with clowns for a while, LOL

I like this very well done and scary! :-)

Man, that clown looks ready to pounce!  Well done!

edited November 2017

I've been working on this image for awhile. Lighting was difficult because of the window and operator error. Still not where I'd like this image to be but over all is a good start on a group shot.  I could not get the main dress to use dforce. Includes some stuff from renderosity and daz. 

Joseph Kravis

Girls Night Out.jpg
    8000 x 4500 - 8M
    Post edited by cismic on

LOL I LOVE your avatar framed on the wall! This is a very fun shot and full of energy. Fun posing, lighting looks great! 

LOL I LOVE your avatar framed on the wall! This is a very fun shot and full of energy. Fun posing, lighting looks great! 

Well, then did you see the girl point at me? :-)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

What an awesome render @cismic and nice humorous touch with your avatar in there.

What an awesome render @cismic and nice humorous touch with your avatar in there.

@Worlds_Edge & @novica. Thank you for the comments. This is a fun image to work on. 

Thought I would show one more of the clown.  Its a really stellar model and the hair and costume are a perfect compliment.

Thought I would show one more of the clown.  Its a really stellar model and the hair and costume are a perfect compliment.

Very scary indeed. Maybe next go round I'll add the clowns. 

Did this last night and forgot to post it. There's Eevie drama going on (I was offline all day, got on about 4pm)  A woman on the Facebook lost pets (for my area) said a cat looking like Eevie came and sat on her back porch, scared, but wanting to be close to the woman and her cats (inside the home, on the other side of the sliding glass doors.) She ran when the door was opened but came back and ate the food the woman put out. The husband then said the cat had been there a few days. We have a tuna and salmon trap set out. I am going at midnight to check it and call Eevie. OMGosh, you should see this property. A wide creek running through it, probably 70 acres of woods, a huge green pasture with large oaks. We walked and called for a couple hours today but she may be scared to come out during the day, which is GOOD. This home is across the busy highway (2 lane, wooded, cars speed) so I am not calling Eevie tonight in my neighborhood. Don't want her coming back across that.  

Eevie LOVES tuna! 

Yeah, not too smart Mr. Light-A-Cigarette!  BTW, that thumbnail looks like it isn't sitting down properly on the nailbed. Or is it just the angle? The left hand. Regardless, the render is spot-on!  Now send him home!

edited November 2017

FW Kenye (Darius 8)       Demon Master Outfit (Gen8M)      Terran Hair (Gen3 / 8 M)

Here ladies!

I tried to do the Top Fade whiskers on him (which makes him look even sexier) but to me, they weren't fitting right. The studio closed on me so I don't have this saved (this was last night.) Anyway, Kenye is a good addition to your runtime!  The lights are still doing weird things to the eyes though. And this is NOT showing up right again. It's darker with more detail, the popup is washing out the jacket! 

KeyneDemonMaster16LPRINT.jpg
    703 x 900 - 435K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Yeah, not too smart Mr. Light-A-Cigarette!  BTW, that thumbnail looks like it isn't sitting down properly on the nailbed. Or is it just the angle? The left hand. Regardless, the render is spot-on!  Now send him home!

His hands aren't normal at all so its hard to say. I'm hoping he blows himself up lol  And thank you very much!

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited November 2017

Deleted, sending back item in question.

Post edited by FrankTheTank on

Oh geez, I couldn't help with that anyway! My conversions were all simple, same generations. Any takers who may be able to give advice? 

edited November 2017

deleted another pointless thing

edited November 2017

3 for 3.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,458
    cismic said:

I've been working on this image for awhile. Lighting was difficult because of the window and operator error. Still not where I'd like this image to be but over all is a good start on a group shot.  I could not get the main dress to use dforce. Includes some stuff from renderosity and daz. 

Joseph Kravis

Nice! Is that all one outfit? (And what outfit is it?)

Novica said:

FW Kenye (Darius 8)       Demon Master Outfit (Gen8M)      Terran Hair (Gen3 / 8 M)

Here ladies!

I tried to do the Top Fade whiskers on him (which makes him look even sexier) but to me, they weren't fitting right. The studio closed on me so I don't have this saved (this was last night.) Anyway, Kenye is a good addition to your runtime!  The lights are still doing weird things to the eyes though. And this is NOT showing up right again. It's darker with more detail, the popup is washing out the jacket! 

Nice!!!

cismic said:

Joseph Kravis

Nice! Is that all one outfit? (And what outfit is it?)

@firewarden the dress is for G3 fitted onto KIM G8. https://www.daz3d.com/party-gown-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s. Could be something I'm doing incorrectly. :-)

Just got back from a woman's home, we got together yesterday when she posted she thought it was Eevie at her door the night before, watching her and her cats. She set a trap with tuna and did catch a black cat, a fluffy black male. Just got back from checking to make sure it wasn't Eevie. He was very happy to be let go.  He's been there for over a year so I'm happy they are feeding him. 

edited November 2017
    AndromedaElegantNiteDressKylanHr.png
    543 x 900 - 731K
    AndromedaElegantNiteDressKylanHr2.png
    543 x 900 - 822K
    Post edited by Novica on
    cismic said:
    cismic said:

@firewarden the dress is for G3 fitted onto KIM G8. https://www.daz3d.com/party-gown-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s. Could be something I'm doing incorrectly. :-)

Thanks for the info! :)

Novica said:

Just got back from a woman's home, we got together yesterday when she posted she thought it was Eevie at her door the night before, watching her and her cats. She set a trap with tuna and did catch a black cat, a fluffy black male. Just got back from checking to make sure it wasn't Eevie. He was very happy to be let go.  He's been there for over a year so I'm happy they are feeding him. 

Very sorry it wasn't your Eevie!

This discussion has been closed.