Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited March 2018

Novica, Stetson is adorable. I love his long winter mane and braid. LOL.

I bought the Sunday Afternoon Outfit and textures today becausethey were such a deal a 70% off. I don't like transparent skirts and bare midriffs (I'm old. Hehe.) so I made some alterations. A pretty nice outfit, especially since I have almost no clothes for G8Fs. I used dForce (first one), got a little poke-through on top. Aparently the top has dForce too. I see there is a difference in the renders

I have 'only' 32 G3Fs and I think 6 of them were free. First 10:
    Aiko
    Amandla
    Ginger
    Arabella
    Bethany
    Ceridwen
    Chastity
    Eva 7
    Genevieve 7
    Girl 7

sunday Afternoon df.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 303K
    sunday Afternoon.jpg
    950 x 1538 - 457K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,719

My first 10 listed G3Fs

• 7 Sins (7 characters)
    • Adaline
    • Agnes
    • Aibell
    • Aiko 7
    • Amandla
    • Amber (3DU)
    • Amina
    • Anna
    • Anneka (Demon and She Devil)
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2018

@nath  Who makes Amina? Can't find her. Do you have a render perchance? (For heavens sake, the store search keeps changing it to AMIGA. I don't want an Amiga!) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

@barbult , @L'Adair , @World_Edge , @Etamin , and @RCcincy, thank you for the lovely comments. It's so encouraging and makes me feel that I'm starting to get some things right :-) 

Now to prove that I'm still on a huge learning curve, a quick question. How do I sort in smart content so that I can see just the Genesis 3 figures. I have 102 female figures and 50 male figures and I've only been doing this since October. It must be all the free previous generation packs I've picked up. Also, even though I have 102 characters listed, I'm definately not seeing 102 thumbnails. Is there some clever way of seeing them all?

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115
    RGcincy said:
    klooless said:
    I think that explains the situation!  Now they are saying to only expect 4 inches of snow. That means anywhere for 0 to 8.

I live on the northwest side of town so they are saying 1-3 inches for us.  I'll believe it when I see it.

edited March 2018

@mollytabby   Sorry, can't help you. I only use Content Library. Hopefully someone else can jump in here.

Tomorrow should be interesting at the barn. A pony birthday party. It's fun to see the different themes, she has done princess (where the horses wear pink ribbons braided through the mane and tail), unicorns, and Star Wars. One horse was painted green for Yoda and had Yoda ears. Edit: found a picture. That's one of the barn staff that helps with the parties, with the  birthday gal. (The popup is a bit lighter. This really darkened.)  This is the Unicorn party (see the horn?) 

ponyparty.jpg
    546 x 500 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

@Novica, that looks so much fun!

Novica said:

@nath  Who makes Amina? Can't find her. Do you have a render perchance? (For heavens sake, the store search keeps changing it to AMIGA. I don't want an Amiga!) 

She's by Anagord, over at the other place.

Rendered here with Devil May Hair and Alliance outfit:

Amina.png
    900 x 982 - 1M

That looks like a fun party!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I added my closeup of Briley, but as we're now on the next page, here's a link back to the the post. (Opens in a new window.)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    klooless said:

I live on the northwest side of town so they are saying 1-3 inches for us.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Well hello neighbor then. I live in Finneytown and my one daughter and grandkids live in Colerain.

And it has just started snowing.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2018

I did not include figures from other places in the first ten list.  Only because many of them start with ! or something similar. 

Edited to add except for one Aoife.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Today is a good day to use your PC club PA coupon as it stacks nicely wtih the discount provided on all sale items.

@luci45   I like your outfit. But I always like your renders :) 

Okay where is the Sienna Bundle? The pages (like Sienna) don't show the bundle at the bottom either. 

• Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
    edited March 2018

And as promised, here is one render of the Spring Thaw Snowman; doesn't the poor thing look lonely?

Lonely snowman.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Daywalker Designs on

Awwwwww. Well, at least he's not thawed out! 

edited March 2018

Please note several stores are not showing up in the alphabetical list. Redz, Divamakeup, and River Soft Arts are three of them. Any more you folks have noticed? Their items are in the store, but not in the list on the sales page. And the Sienna Bundle is still missing in action four hours later. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited March 2018

The sienna bundle will likely not come back for a while, from what I read in another thread some of the make up were having the same name and look as actual existing make up, so might have been puleld because of that. The character and the room itself is still in the store, but not the make up and other props, and not in a bundle but as single products now (unless it's changed since I looked last)

Post edited by Carola O on

@carolao    Thanks for the info. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Carola O said:

The sienna bundle will likely not come back for a while, from what I read in another thread some of the make up were having the same name and look as actual existing make up, so might have been puleld because of that. The character and the room itself is still in the store, but not the make up and other props, and not in a bundle but as single products now (unless it's changed since I looked last)

So in other words… If we see something in the store we really like, and it contains props that look realistic enough to find in a local brick and mortar, buy immediately! the product will probably come down within a day. Props that realistic, apparently, could have copyright/trademark issues. And when (if) it comes back, those props we liked so much may well be gone, replaced with something much less realistic. (And if you do buy, make sure you don't update when it comes back out!)

So sad. That product had a lot of interesting props, over and above the makeup.

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126
    L'Adair said:
    Carola O said:

So in other words… If we see something in the store we really like, and it contains props that look realistic enough to find in a local brick and mortar, buy immediately! the product will probably come down within a day. Props that realistic, apparently, could have copyright/trademark issues. And when (if) it comes back, those props we liked so much may well be gone, replaced with something much less realistic. (And if you do buy, make sure you don't update when it comes back out!)

That is very sad.  I had wishlisted the bundle.  If the makeup items were too close to real products, I would have thought it would just provide free advertising to the 'real product' vendors.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    edited March 2018

Inspired by Luci's render of Sunday Afternoon Outfit, I made one with a wind node. I found it to be absolutely necessary to turn off Self Collide on all the garment surfaces. Without that, they curled up terribly. Why do vendors set Self Collide on? Do they use a different version of Daz Studio that has fixed Self Collide, I wonder? The model here is Alondra. The hair is Whitney Hair with one of the provided styles for the wind blown effect.

I added another image with her leaning on a table.

Alondra Sunday Afternoon Roses Wind.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 1M
    Alondra Sunday Afternoon Red Silver Sitting.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

i'm trying to find something cheap enough to use my DO one ....LOL not much luck so far.  

Today is a good day to use your PC club PA coupon as it stacks nicely wtih the discount provided on all sale items.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

No,more like if products are WAY too close to existing real products, then don't use them or buy them.  

Etamin said:
    L'Adair said:
    Carola O said:

That is very sad.  I had wishlisted the bundle.  If the makeup items were too close to real products, I would have thought it would just provide free advertising to the 'real product' vendors.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276
    Etamin said:
    L'Adair said:
    Carola O said:

Vendors like to retain some control over how their product identity is used if only to prevent losing the right. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    edited March 2018

@Serenenight wanted to see Minto's clothing on a male figure so I put them on Martin.  The clothing fit him immediately with no issues.  To the extent there was some poke through where the shirt goes over the pants (same as if the clothing were on G8F), there are a lot of clothing poses/shaping options to very easily fix such issues.  There is also an option to make the pants slightly longer.  These are out of the box renders, except I fixed some extra dark shadows around Martin's eyes (under Minto's glasses).   

And here is the Minto shirt on Salem, paired with jeans from the crop jacket outfit and really nice flat yoshino shoes.

minto clothes on male test - martin.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 2M
    Salem and Minto sweater test.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 2M
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on

These are my 10 Genesis 3 females from what I can work out from the short list in the Content Library. I wonder where all my girls are hiding?

• Adaline
    • Amaya
    • Anain & Akasha
    • CB Thyme
    • Frankie
    • FW Art Brooke
    • FWSA Cai
    • FWSA Samira
    • FWSA Tala
    • GA Elish

I don't think I've rendered any of them.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

From what I read, it was probably way to close. As one of the products atleast not only Looked like the real thing, but also had the same brand name and the same look to the text and such. Unless I completely missunderstood it ofc :)

Hm that clothing look really good, I skipped over Minto cause she's not my kind of a character, but that clothing fits lovely on a male 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738
    edited March 2018

Did some more Ghost Light experiments which confirmed something I expected - if you put the Ghost Light too close to a character (1st render), the skin will look washed out and flat. Settings shown on the renders.

Also, making the light opague (cutout 1.0) gives a better result as claimed, but seem to darken the light a bit?. No eye reflections either with cutout 0.0000001 (transparent). I assume that's the specular effect?

ghost_cutout_0.0000001_close.jpg
    920 x 1538 - 193K
    ghost_cutout_0.0000001_distant.jpg
    920 x 1541 - 189K
    ghost_cutout_1.0_distant.jpg
    920 x 1541 - 189K
    ghost_cutout_1.0_15deg_distant.jpg
    920 x 1539 - 197K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited March 2018

This is Adaline

In the left hand image the hair is Bluebell and she is wearing Cardio Gear for Genesis 3.

In the right hand image the hair is Long Shag Hair and she is wearing sandals from Casual Summer for Genesis 3 and the skinny jeans and corset from Skinny Jeans and Corset for Genesis 3.

I haven't used any of these items before.

18 03 25 ADALINE POSE 1.jpg
    561 x 800 - 204K
    18 03 25 ADALINE POSE 2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 313K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
This discussion has been closed.