Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2018

Here is an example from a bunch of stuff I picked up today, just a "kitchen sink" render. Skydome rendered in Iray with the top cut off using the technique above. No postwork... very little prework either, for that matter. :) 

Skydome.jpg
    1149 x 881 - 774K
    Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

So who are your first 10 Genesis 3 Females in alphabetical order as listed in Content Library using the avatars under Characters? (Go to the Genesis 3 Female>Characters and look at the images.)  Anything different than these?

3DS Wenona
    Adaline
    Agnes
    Aibell
    Aiko 7
    Akasha
    Akimitsu
    Alice
    Alieta
    Alouise

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Novica, you win. lol!  I will have to look tomorrow but I don't think I have that many.  I may be close across all generations but not jut g3f

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Does anyone else have Pacer and Paige?  I rendered Pacer to show him off here, and he came out great.  Then I rendered Paige, and she has black dots all over her skin.  I re-rendered, and had the same thing happen.  I put both of them in the same scene to see if it was something about different lighting etc - but he comes out fine and she comes out with the black dots.  I'm not linking their names here because I'd rather not mislead anyone (who checks for references to the character)  if it is an issue with just my renders.

@Novica - glad to hear your mom is doing great now :)  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198
    edited March 2018
    Novica said:

So who are your first 10 Genesis 3 Females in alphabetical order as listed in Content Library using the avatars under Characters? (Go to the Genesis 3 Female>Characters and look at the images.)  Anything different than these?

3DS Wenona
    Adaline
    Agnes
    Aibell
    Aiko 7
    Akasha
    Akimitsu
    Alice
    Alieta
    Alouise

Agnes
    Aibell
    Aiko 7
    Amandla
    Ana-Sofia
    Andie
    Arabella 7
    BD_Ginger HD
    Bethany 7
    Brigitte

I have 65.

Post edited by barbult on
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@Novica - Glad to read about your mom, even if I haven't been around your thread much in the past - sometimes we read and don't comment, but good news is just that - good. When I saw Stetson, I thought, "Who's a pretty boy? You are." Heh, silly. Anyway, thank you for sharing. I couldn't agree more with the picture you posted for IceDragonArt. And I saw that Batman you shared. They've also got an amazing Catwoman as well. Anyway, since I've seen your threads around here for a long time, and thought since I'm finally speaking up more in the forums, I'd stop in. Hello! I'm glad you're doing this series because we need a place to discuss products like this. Good grief! I complain about losing figures in my library, but I see I have nothing on you. I wish I could figure out my content library, but it's a mess I'm afraid.

@donovancolbert - Looks like they're coming in quickly! The first wave or two are inbound - time to take cover! Very nice group of items there. I think the colors of the planet and sky are nice.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279

272 G3 females

Screenshot (2).png
    1424 x 940 - 112K
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    edited March 2018

96 G3F characters:

Aiko 7
    Alice
    Alieta
    Amandla
    Amaya
    AN Phillipa
    Anna HD
    Arabella 7
    Avarice
    BDDP_Kiki

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • I'm going to agree; Stetson is beautiful. Kind of reminds me of Mouse, a mare that a family friend had about 30 years ago.
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Does anyone else have Pacer and Paige?  I rendered Pacer to show him off here, and he came out great.  Then I rendered Paige, and she has black dots all over her skin.  I re-rendered, and had the same thing happen.  I put both of them in the same scene to see if it was something about different lighting etc - but he comes out fine and she comes out with the black dots.  I'm not linking their names here because I'd rather not mislead anyone (who checks for references to the character)  if it is an issue with just my renders.

@Novica - glad to hear your mom is doing great now :)  

I have Paige and Pace, @Worlds_Edge. I'm not having the issue you describe. I've done a render with them for the PC Inspiration Competition. I'll pop it up there and then come back and put it here so you can see the skin. I rendered using a HDR image.

edited March 2018

I'm back smiley

Pace and Paige rendered using Render Studio's Pro Studio HDR lighting.

TrickyBikeTricksweb.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited March 2018

This is a cropped close- up of Paige.

I've never had a Toon character before, so I've no idea if I've got the lighting right. I use the Pro Studio lights a lot, I feel comfortable with them now smiley. If you bought the bundles you should have the HDR used for some of the promotional renders (under Render Settings). It might be worth trying those (if you haven't already?). 

trickybiketrickscroppedweb.jpg
    839 x 905 - 571K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

I'm back smiley

That's incredible.

@robertfriese   Is 3DA Calixte or 3DA Deja from a different store? I am assuming it's 3-D Arena store and I'm not seeing those.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279
    Novica said:

@robertfriese   Is 3DA Calixte or 3DA Deja from a different store? I am assuming it's 3-D Arena store and I'm not seeing those.

Rosity

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198

I'm back smiley

Really fun!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

219 Avatars for G3F, but that includes multiples of some characters. For example, there are four avatars for Alieta; fae and human for Iray, fae and human for 3DL. Counting multiples only once, my first ten are:

Adaline
    Agnes
    Aibell
    Aiko 7
    Akimitsu
    Alieta
    Amandla
    Amber
    Ana-Sofia
    Andie

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

I'm back smiley

Really fun!

+1

I'd never know you weren't adept with toons, looking at this image. This is really good.

Thank you, @agentunawares smiley. A lot of the credit should go to the PA's who created these models. They are beautiful and a joy to work with. I had to tweek the male model poses for Paige and it took me a while. It's all part of the learning curve for me, that's why I try to do the PC contests.

@mollytabby  Such energy and posing, wonderful job!!!! Thanks for answering that question too, I don't have those figures.

@wanderer  Well howdy! Nice to "meet you." Feel free to post anytime. When you get a lot of content (too much to categorize) I suggest just using the DIM to get to the readme, or the Product Library to go to the store page then the ReadMe from there if you have the app. I don't even try to categorize anything unless it's something I use all the time. I have the Pro-Studio lightset, Ghost Lights, etc in a category by themselves. 

@daywalkerdesigns  Mouse for a horse- gotta love it! The barn owner and a few people are doing Posse training in a week or so, I declined. I have no desire to be on Stetson when smoke bombs are thrown and riding him through fire just isn't my thing. Particularly since I haven't even ridden him in a couple months. Can you just imagine THAT insurance report for my hospital bill...."patient was riding a horse and got thrown when law enforcement threw a smoke bomb..."  They'd think I was a mastermind criminal. 

Oh hey, I found pictures.  Yep, that would be a no-go for Stetson. The barn owner and I had to bang around a cardboard box for about five minutes and rub it on him just day before yesterday. She simply opened one behind him and he was snorting and blowing at her. So imagine doing what those pictures show!  What I love about Stetson though, is he locks all four legs and snorts, he does NOT bolt. I won't own a horse that does that, it's dangerous to other people (who handle him or who are innocently standing nearby.)  He's just a big baby, but he trusts people and if you tell him it's okay, he's over it really quickly. 

L'Adair said:

219 Avatars for G3F, but that includes multiples of some characters. For example, there are four avatars for Alieta; fae and human for Iray, fae and human for 3DL.

Aha, that is probably why my number is so high. It definitely includes all those multiple faces.

@mollytabby   Well you flatlined that learning curve. Conquered it quite nicely!  

• NathNath Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2018
    Etamin said:
    Nath said:

She's too cute...

(quick test run with Ayako Hair and Rule of Cute outfit - I'm not happy with the deformation on the dress across the chest, will have to look into it further)

She is looking good, but doesn't seem to have an expression of unbounded joy.  Perhaps her serious face betrays her thought 'I have to find my friend Sickleyield.  She's a whizz at getting my clothes to fit'?

Looks like the chest deformation in clothing is an issue with other smaller girls as well - but it's fixable with some work and a clothing fit utility.

It doesn't happen with every set of clothing of course, but it's still annoying. Luckily, it's fixable (thanks to SY and Zevo mostly).

First character is Minto, then G8F and Teen Josie 8

basic wear tanktop 2.png
    900 x 982 - 1M
    basic top G8F.png
    900 x 982 - 2M
    basic top Teen Josie 8.png
    900 x 982 - 2M
    Post edited by Nath on

Lol, @Novica , I have a lot of time on my hands as I retired early due to ill health. It's given me the chance to focus on this and I'm loving it smiley. Thank you for the lovely comments.

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

126 G3F avatars (109 males) - not too bad LOL

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    edited March 2018
    barbult said:

I'm back smiley

Really great render @mollytabby, thanks for showing Paige.  I'll try again tomorrow in a new scene and see how she comes out.  It's a weird issue that I'm having with the black dots.  Glad I asked.

Post edited by Worlds_Edge on
  • EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

I'm back smiley

I love this image.  It is very dynamic, and I like how Pacer is watching Paige, and thinking 'uh-oh, you over cooked that move'

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Here is an example from a bunch of stuff I picked up today, just a "kitchen sink" render. Skydome rendered in Iray with the top cut off using the technique above. No postwork... very little prework either, for that matter. :) 

I like the epic scope of this. A very dynamic image!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Very fun image! I like the dirt being thrown. If you are a PC+ member, you should post it to the PC inspiration contest thread.

edited March 2018

Can't resist. Take a peek at the shovel image.  (A fun poke from Pensacola, FL)  Edit: Of course, you could do one like this:

Our Fish  (goldfish)        Your Fish    (Great White Shark) 

(and yes, sharks are fish) 

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.