Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@barbult   LOL love that title and the posing that went with it. Perfect! Her expression says it all too. I do like the hair and clothes, a lot of detail, and your billboard people fit right in. The train tracks add nice depth of field.  @ladair  thanks for clearing that up and explaining what's possible with that product. Green fingernails...ugh. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited January 2018

Deleted duplicate post

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited January 2018

Here is a combination of P3D Fara 50% and Bella Bleu 50% with Bella Bleu skin and hair. I'm pretty happy with Bella Bleu hair. It is a cute short curly style. She is wearing Pleated Skirt Outfit for G8F. The outfit has a few morphs and a few textures, but nothing much to distinguish it. One thing it does have is opions for Iray with and without displacement. It works pretty well on this character combo. I used the morph to shorten the jacket and one to lengthen the skirt a little. The boots are Flat Boots 2 for G8F.

Post edited by barbult on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Hey, have any of you ever tried to do a render with a camera half above and half below the water line? I'm trying right now and I can either get right above the surface or right below it, but I can't get both at the same time. 

This particular water plane reflects completely so you can't see anything below the water line if you're above it, or above the water line if you're below it - which isn't the effect I am after. 

I've tried and no you don't seem to be able to.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited January 2018

Quick update on Kagiso: The face presets also have the incorrect settings. There are 2 presets with material setting, (clean shaven, with and without brows,) and three presets that use LIE to add the beards. I mentioned this in my ticket as well.

For those of you who are DIY-ers, The difference is literally two color settings.

Screenshot

Skin 02 Preset is the, (apparently,) intended settings. Face 01 Preset is the. (apparently,) unintended settings.

Have fun. laugh

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited January 2018
    barbult said:

Here is a combination of P3D Fara 50% and Bella Bleu 50% with Bella Bleu skin and hair. I'm pretty happy with Bella Bleu hair.

Oh she's cute! 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2018

Lily update~  She's been allowed out in the rest of the house for the past two weeks, done with quarantine (since she was a shelter cat, kept her in the bedroom away from the other cats, for observation)  We warmed up to the upper 60's a couple days, so she got to enjoy her first-ever front room window opened day before yesterday. The bird feeder is to her left, so she stayed glued  looking there most the afternoon.

I nicknamed her Tribble based on Star Trek, because she cooes and purrs just like those little furballs. 
    She and the other cats get along nicely now, the first day out there was the "Have-to-do-this" growls as she passed them. The other cats looked at her like, "Oh, just get it over with." 

Jan30 2018c.jpg
    717 x 800 - 488K
    Jan30 2018b.jpg
    634 x 800 - 348K
    Jan30 2018.jpg
    600 x 800 - 310K
    Post edited by Novica on

L'Adair said:

Quick update on Kagiso: The face presets also have the incorrect settings. There are 2 presets with material setting, (clean shaven, with and without brows,) and three presets that use LIE to add the beards. I mentioned this in my ticket as well.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hope they get to your ticket quickly.  

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

L'Adair said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I hope they get to your ticket quickly.  

I hope that pointing out what the issue is will speed up the process. it's really a very fast fix. I could do it myself in under 30 minutes. (Probably less, but leaving room for the unexpected.)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

The Betty Boop  inspired character and hair looks nice Barbult.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

A first look at the https://www.daz3d.com/concordia-rotunda. I like the set as much as I thought when I got it. There's even an included atmosphere, which unfortunately brings my elderly pc to its knees (it doesn't crash, but it was taking an awfully long time), so this one's with a random sky/hdri.

rotunda_small.png
    800 x 550 - 832K

@nath   That lighting you used really makes it look good though!

Heads up, and not sure how long it has been there- Fast Grab has a lot of Tesla's in it. If you have bought any recently, you might do a price difference check if it's within the past 30 days. (uncheck Hide What I Own)  File a support ticket to get the difference.

• Novica said:

Lily update~  She's been allowed out in the rest of the house for the past two weeks, done with quarantine (since she was a shelter cat, kept her in the bedroom away from the other cats, for observation)  We warmed up to the upper 60's a couple days, so she got to enjoy her first-ever front room window opened day before yesterday. The bird feeder is to her left, so she stayed glued  looking there most the afternoon.

I nicknamed her Tribble based on Star Trek, because she cooes and purrs just like those little furballs. 
    She and the other cats get along nicely now, the first day out there was the "Have-to-do-this" growls as she passed them. The other cats looked at her like, "Oh, just get it over with." 

yIH? (Tribble in Klingon) A good nickname for her.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited January 2018

I’m curious if anyone buys the basketball outfit if those leggings are socks or waist high. They disappear behind the shorts so I can’t tell they look useful to me.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • I've tried and no you don't seem to be able to.

Yeah, it seems that it decides it is either above the plane, or below it, but there is no "half way between both". 

Usually real world physics work so well in DAZ, I was surprised to discover this. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Love the kitty pics, Novica!

@barbult - great images, and I agree that P3D gals are fantastic. Fara is one of my favorites. 

I picked up plenty of deals the other day, but haven't had time to play with them much. Hopefully soon! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Nath said:

A first look at the https://www.daz3d.com/concordia-rotunda. I like the set as much as I thought when I got it. There's even an included atmosphere, which unfortunately brings my elderly pc to its knees (it doesn't crash, but it was taking an awfully long time), so this one's with a random sky/hdri.

Wow the tree looks awesome in this. Beautifully done!

What a sweet cat, she looks completely enthralled by the bird feeder lol.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Done! Man, that is mind-blowingly awesome!!! I really wish the galleries here had some sort of thing where you would get email notifications when your fave artists posted - I hate missing out on them.  

Novica said:

If you haven't already, give Serene Night's Defective a look and a Like if you get a chance. She made it (easily) into the top Gallery renders strip. 

edited January 2018

Well I'm glad someone told me what was going on with the posts as I was confused. That's what happens when you sleep.

My first impressions today- I thought Anzu must require a recent character, as she has that look, but she is a standalone. It's interesting what vendors can accomplish these days! And I really like the look and materials on X-Fashion WaspGirl.  I like the line coming across the upper thighs (where cutoff shorts would be)  and the zigzag at the top of the arms/ shoulder area. Very creative.

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Well I'm glad someone told me what was going on with the posts as I was confused. That's what happens when you sleep.

My first impressions today- I thought Anzu must require a recent character, as she has that look, but she is a standalone. It's interesting what vendors can accomplish these days! And I really like the look and materials on X-Fashion WaspGirl.  I like the line coming across the upper thighs (where cutoff shorts would be)  and the zigzag at the top of the arms/ shoulder area. Very creative.

WaspGirl should really have some wings though :-)

I notice you didn't mention "And a stinger." 

Novica said:

I notice you didn't mention "And a stinger." 

:-)

edited January 2018

I'm going to do P3Design for a bit this morning. Starting with P3D Kim for Genesis 8 Female  Will post her here when she's ready. She will be wearing Bardot Outfit, which I can't find a product in the store for that. So found this gallery entry and it explains it came with the Dforce Starter Essentials. So that's coming up in the next half hour. I can already tell Kim has a nice sheen to her skin.

She's wearing  Kim Hair (Gen3F / Gen8F)  . There are 10 prestyles which give a nice variety of "blow" to the hair. 

This only took 3 minutes, 11 seconds to render!  440 x 800 px. 

Man, I have Lily on the brain. That lace looks like cartoon cat heads. There's two pointy ears, and the long shards are the hair of the chest. You'll see it in the render I'm doing now, a closeup.

Man, Ink Blot Test. I see an owl under the cat. Look for two huge eyes in a rounded cheeks face.

kim Kim Hair BardotOutfit.png
    391 x 799 - 419K
    kim Kim Hair BardotOutfit2.png
    525 x 800 - 851K
    kim Kim Hair BardotOutfit2CatHd.jpg
    524 x 269 - 155K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited January 2018
    Novica said:

Normally a dog guy but between you and my brother you are making me want a cat again! My brother has a Maine Coon and she is a huge fluffy lovable cat. Makes me wish I could have pets over here, it would be nice to have a pet to come home to after a long day at work. 

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on
    edited January 2018

I don't know if I'm a cat person or a dog person primarily. I have both, so...?   If I had to settle for one or the other, it would be cats I think because they don't have to be put outside on a regular basis. My cats are strictly indoors (if I lived in the country they could go outside. I stopped feeling guilty about them being protected indoors when I thought about the shelter cats, the feral cats, the stray cats who have it so rough.)  Maine Coons are known for their laid back and loving personalities, I had a mix but wasn't fortunate enough to have a purebred one. Anyone out there have a purebred, and pics?

Post edited by Novica on

Okay, go back up a couple posts, Kim is posted and I zoomed in on the lace so you can see the "cats." 

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    Novica said:

I don't know if I'm a cat person or a dog person primarily. I have both, so...?   If I had to settle for one or the other, it would be cats I think because they don't have to be put outside on a regular basis. My cats are strictly indoors (if I lived in the country they could go outside. I stopped feeling guilty about them being protected indoors when I thought about the shelter cats, the feral cats, the stray cats who have it so rough.)  Maine Coons are known for their laid back and loving personalities, I had a mix but wasn't fortunate enough to have a purebred one. Anyone out there have a purebred, and pics?

That is why I would love to have a cat out here, I wouldn't have to worry about taking him/her out or running to the room from work several times a day to let them out. I love my boxers but would love to have a Maine Coon like my brothers (which is a purebred rescue from the local shelter) or a ragdoll.

edited January 2018

I really liked P3D Duffy and then P3D Danny (Gen3F / Gen8F)  also came along. Now I like Danny's mouth better, but Duffy's eyebrows are still more appealing to me. I can easily change up a mouth shape though. But each of these gals has their own appeal. Shown at default height btw.  What aspects do you like about each one? Let's do a little poll here. Pick one or the other for each default characteristic:

Eyebrows
    Eyes (I tried to get colors that were almost the same)
    Nose
    Mouth
    Face Shape

duffyAndDanny.png
    491 x 562 - 347K
    Post edited by Novica on

Mine would be:

Eyebrows: Duffy. I like thicker eyebrows.
    Eyes: Danny. They're a bit longer. That really is a close one though.
    Nose: Duffy. It's a bit more unusual. 
    Mouth: Danny. Definitely.
    Face Shape:  Hmmm. Duffy has the sharper chin, Danny's face is softer over. I'll go with Duffy.

So my score was 3 Duffy, 2 Danny. 

This discussion has been closed.