How to Use dForce: Creating a Blanket, Draping Clothes on Furniture, and Much More [Commercial]

1313233343537»

Comments

• functionfunction Posts: 168

Thanks very much for the author RGcincy to give us such a detailed and brilliant tutorial.

Now I have one question: is there a summary on how to SAVING all these different dforce-results? and what is the efficient way to reuse them?

So far I know the obj to morph and scene are the only 2 way to save, anything else? How about those middle frames? and many times it was sad for the 'morph loader pro' to announce 'warning' when reuse an obj.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,690

Thanks @function.

I pretty much just save what I do as a scene file or a scene subset (either one can be merged into an existing scene).

The surface parameters which contain the dForce settings for an object could be saved as a shader or material preset (I believe the shader is only the one surface selected and the material is all the surfaces of the object). Then you can apply that shader/material to a new object (for the material, the object needs to have the same surface names). That will not save the simulation settings but those vary less between scenes. 

If you are using dForce weight maps, I'm not aware of a way to save them other than by saving the scene or scene subset.

• mdlark1966mdlark1966 Posts: 88

RGcincy said:

t. Add a texture to the belt planes. Hide the cylinders if they are visible in your view. I also created a small cube to act as the door jamb anchor for the belt. Here are two final renders of the belt in use.

Just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU! for this wonderful tutorial. I needed to strap G8F into an airplane seat with a 4-point harness. Used a vatiation of this method - I added a torus shape to the middle of the lap belt, then ran two shoulder belts from it up over each shoulder. Worked out perfectly, and I couldn't have done it without this tutorial!

mdlark1966 said:

Just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU! for this wonderful tutorial. I needed to strap G8F into an airplane seat with a 4-point harness. Used a vatiation of this method - I added a torus shape to the middle of the lap belt, then ran two shoulder belts from it up over each shoulder. Worked out perfectly, and I couldn't have done it without this tutorial!

Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it. If you can, post an image of your result, I'd like to see it.

• mdingmding Posts: 365

Hello there,

Could somebody please tell me, if it is worth buying the latest two tutorials by Richard Schafermeyer...

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-experiments-tutorial

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-expert-guide--tutorial-course

...If I already own the products in the following bundle:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-complete--tutorial-bundle

I couldn't find any information considering this question in the product descriptions of the items, could somebody help me please?

As I didn't receive an answer to this question in a seperate thread, I assumed the answer was a resounding "no", until I stumbled upon this thread, which is my last hope...

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,464

mding said:

Hello there,

Could somebody please tell me, if it is worth buying the latest two tutorials by Richard Schafermeyer...

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-experiments-tutorial

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-expert-guide--tutorial-course

...If I already own the products in the following bundle:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-complete--tutorial-bundle

I couldn't find any information considering this question in the product descriptions of the items, could somebody help me please?

As I didn't receive an answer to this question in a seperate thread, I assumed the answer was a resounding "no", until I stumbled upon this thread, which is my last hope...

Honestly I don't have any of them but it looks like they are from the same author ,so the expert guide might be a continuation of the one you already have ..... bigger question is have you used the one you already have? That's the question I have to ask myself alot ....don't know if this helped or not .

carrie58 said:

Honestly I don't have any of them but it looks like they are from the same author ,so the expert guide might be a continuation of the one you already have ..... bigger question is have you used the one you already have? That's the question I have to ask myself alot ....don't know if this helped or not .

Thankyou very much for reacting to my question!

I have finished the first one which I liked very much, and want to follow up the next two now. Maybe it is too early to already get the latest two already, still, at that price i can't Imagine that i am the only customer, who would like to get that information before buying. Yes it might be as you indicated, but if so, it seems very strange, that this wasn't mentioned in the product description. At a price of 30$, such an information may be omitted, but not at >$150! These people seem to be nice guys when you listen to them in their tutorials, I just don't understand, why they persistently remain silent on this question.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,464

mding said:

carrie58 said:

Thankyou very much for reacting to my question!

I have finished the first one which I liked very much, and want to follow up the next two now. Maybe it is too early to already get the latest two already, still, at that price i can't Imagine that i am the only customer, who would like to get that information before buying. Yes it might be as you indicated, but if so, it seems very strange, that this wasn't mentioned in the product description. At a price of 30$, such an information may be omitted, but not at >$150! These people seem to be nice guys when you listen to them in their tutorials, I just don't understand, why they persistently remain silent on this question.

Have you tried sending a private message ? I don't know how long you waited for an answer but sometimes real life takes over and the thread message isn't seen, or the creator is busy .......so it could take a couple of days to get an answer.

@carrie58: this post i did this morning, so I haven't given up yet. Private Messages are way more likely to be overlooked, in my experience, and often people prefer to communicate in the public forum and rather not get PMs from strangers, lol. So if i don't get a reaction again, I guess i will let it go and possibly, after finishing the two remaining tutorials, I won't feel any need for further dforce tutorials anyway, as the first one already was pretty thorough and very well done - in that you were definitely right!

edited May 16

Hello @mding. Just getting online today and saw your post. I really can't give you a good answer as to whether they are worth buying as I'd be tooting my own horn (I'm the presenter) but I can comment about them. There are a total of six video products. The first three were also made available as a bundle which you have. The last and most recent one was from an in-depth coaching group we conducted. Each of the first five tutorials reflect the experiments I was doing at the time so can be a mix of examples. Many but not all of them have a written tutorial in this thread. The most recent video dForce Expert Guide : Tutorial Course was created from scratch and was organized to build up from the basics. It has more examples on clothing and hair but it also has repeat examples contained in the prior videos. If you had none of them, I'd recommend this last one. Since you have 3, you may be better off with dForce Solutions Tutorial : Nine Essential Case Studies and dForce Experiments Tutorial. I'd recommend finishing the three you have and then look at the "What's included" section which lists each topic by time to see if you have interest.

Post edited by RGcincy on

Thankyou @RGcincy! I know it is difficult to recommend the own product, I had just hoped for information like: about 50% new etc. But it is true, after completing the next two courses and the Solutions course, I will be able to judge by myself. Thanks again for the long answer!