Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Leana said:
    23Cascade said:
    ItsCeo said:

I wish the Hivewire Cat had stayed in the Daz store. And want more animals. I should have grabbed the Hivewire cat, but had no idea it would be gone so fast. Really would like a better dog and cat. 

I'm curious how this works.  You bot the cat but it is gone now.  If you get a new computer a year from now, or for some reason you have the need to re-download that cat - will it be there at Daz for you to download?

There are instructions at Hivewire- I believe that you just E-mail them a screenshot of your download page from Daz so that you are in their data base. You will then get the updates  and support for your Hivewire cats. There have been updates for the Iray mats already, which are ready to download from their site.

Yes, HW is quite good for that kind of things. It was the same for items which moved there when the site was created, like Ken's birds.

I think that is up to the individual vendor. Ken's Birds did but )unless it has changed AFAIK) Lisa Botanicals didn't.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050
    Leana said:
    23Cascade said:
    ItsCeo said:

I wish the Hivewire Cat had stayed in the Daz store. And want more animals. I should have grabbed the Hivewire cat, but had no idea it would be gone so fast. Really would like a better dog and cat. 

I'm curious how this works.  You bot the cat but it is gone now.  If you get a new computer a year from now, or for some reason you have the need to re-download that cat - will it be there at Daz for you to download?

There are instructions at Hivewire- I believe that you just E-mail them a screenshot of your download page from Daz so that you are in their data base. You will then get the updates  and support for your Hivewire cats. There have been updates for the Iray mats already, which are ready to download from their site.

Yes, HW is quite good for that kind of things. It was the same for items which moved there when the site was created, like Ken's birds.

I think that is up to the individual vendor. Ken's Birds did but )unless it has changed AFAIK) Lisa Botanicals didn't.

You're right, I should have said "some items".

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787
    edited December 2017

Anyone else not getting emails of updates to this thread?  I haven't gotten one since last evening...

EDIT; GMAIL is marking them as spam.  I went to my Spam folder, selected them all and marked them as Not Spam...

Post edited by WandW on
  • WandW said:

I also see nothing about the Grab Bag sale listed on the scoller...

EDIT; I had to scroll up on the Sale page to see the Grab bag..

That's caused by the unscrollable sale buttons and bonus banner that are pinned to the top of the sale page — there's a bug in the page code where the pinned section is ignored and the page is displayed starting at the top of your browser window, instead of starting at the bottom of the bonus banner, so a good third of the page is hidden under the pinned section.

We complained to DAZ the last time they did this in a previous sale. We were ignored. Again.

• 23Cascade said:
    ItsCeo said:

Does Rendo honor that too?  I got the Ola armor for free somehow in the brief time it was here, but most of it doesn't work and DAZ has no support for it other than the download link.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    23Cascade said:
    ItsCeo said:

Does Rendo honor that too?  I got the Ola armor for free somehow in the brief time it was here, but most of it doesn't work and DAZ has no support for it other than the download link.

No.  But if you contact that the individual PA they may sometimes decide to send you the upgrade seperately.      

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

ArtAngel said:
    Ati said:

That's right. You can find more info on it in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

Thanks again. I intend to check out that link by the weekend. I am in Southern California but the temps this week will be in the 30's. I have a 24 foot wide x 6.5' High and 6' deep exterior aviary housing 200 tiny 1 to 2 inch birds. Today we lost a tiny owl finch and found five baby Gouldians and a new born dove fallen from nests (can't fly and heat rises)  so had to replace water radiator heaters with some computerized parabolic heaters and drill holes in tons of plexiglass to bolt to the cage as a wind break. A work in progress. If you don't see me respond to the link within the next while, know that I undoubtedly will.

Where in SoCal are you? I'm in LA and it's 77 degrees, sunny and there are three major fires burning hundreds of acres and even approaching the Getty and UCLA!!! (Sorry off topic...) 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

Where in SoCal are you? I'm in LA and it's 77 degrees, sunny and there are three major fires burning hundreds of acres and even approaching the Getty and UCLA!!! (Sorry off topic...) 

Riverside Moreno Valley Border. The Spa is spuming like yellowstone hot spots. Got 2 heaters in the aviary and 2 more in the aviary entry (the one Costco has in it's entry). I feel like I've moved back to Canada. Can't believe I bought the new release swim trunks for G8M yesterday. Burr-rrr.

ArtAngel said:

Riverside Moreno Valley Border. The Spa is spuming like yellowstone hot spots. Got 2 heaters in the aviary and 2 more in the aviary entry (the one Costco has in it's entry). I feel like I've moved back to Canada. Can't believe I bought the new release swim trunks for G8M yesterday. Burr-rrr.

Well, consider yourself lucky! I just got an emergency service text alert about strong winds overnight could send all the raging wildfires anywhere! This is really scary. 20 horses were burned and killed at an equestrian center, bobcats and other wild animals showing up in people's yards, many homes burned to the ground, the sky from the 405 freeway looks like the apocalypse! It could encroach to the Getty museum, UCLA, and really anywhere with the strong winds! Air quality is dangerous... This sucks.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    ArtAngel said:

Well, consider yourself lucky! I just got an emergency service text alert about strong winds overnight could send all the raging wildfires anywhere! This is really scary. 20 horses were burned and killed at an equestrian center, bobcats and other wild animals showing up in people's yards, many homes burned to the ground, the sky from the 405 freeway looks like the apocalypse! It could encroach to the Getty museum, UCLA, and really anywhere with the strong winds! Air quality is dangerous... This sucks.

Oh wow! That's crazy scary! Please be safe! Take care of yourself and don't take any chances. If they say to get out then definitely get to safty. Please keep us posted. *hugs*

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I saw that picture of LA burning on FB. Unbelieveable. I hope it rains very heavy soon!

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

I saw that picture of LA burning on FB. Unbelieveable. I hope it rains very heavy soon!

Be careful what you wish for, they have major mudslide and flood issues out there, even without the fires burning up all the plants that help keep the ground from flowing away when it rains.
    dragotx said:

Be careful what you wish for, they have major mudslide and flood issues out there, even without the fires burning up all the plants that help keep the ground from flowing away when it rains.

All the burn plants isn't going to help but I thought that's because people stripped the plants to build there homes on hillsides and such. Well in that case the Clampetts need to move back to Tennessee. The rest of California can come too and move to Nashville. As Granny & Jed said, the California River is pitiful, just pitiful. It ain't enough to fight any fires.

edited December 2017

Got the same alert on the cell. I swear every November/December this happens. The burns and then low and behold it rains for the first time and the flood/slides start. The burned areas destroy the plant and roots that keep the hills intact.

And we have several Palapa Bars and multiple strawish umbrellas out fron and in the side yards so if it comes our way the sparks will ignite.

20161022_120432.jpg
    1275 x 717 - 567K
    20161022_120453.jpg
    1275 x 717 - 460K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
    ArtAngel said:

Oh wow! That's crazy scary! Please be safe! Take care of yourself and don't take any chances. If they say to get out then definitely get to safty. Please keep us posted. *hugs*

Thanks, so far OK where I am but I have asthma and the air quality is supposed to be awful as the wind blows smoke and ashes. But watch this amazing man rescue a wild rabbit from raging fires! Unbelievable! https://twitter.com/i/moments/938669610630565888

Back to the topic of sales, Delilah by Mousso is not getting the extra 30% off...

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    ArtAngel said:

Thanks, so far OK where I am but I have asthma and the air quality is supposed to be awful as the wind blows smoke and ashes. But watch this amazing man rescue a wild rabbit from raging fires! Unbelievable! https://twitter.com/i/moments/938669610630565888

Awwww :) It was funny when he patted his legs like it would come to him like a dog. lol Such a sweet guy to rescue that rabbit.

Hopefully you'll be able to stay inside or somewhere where the smoke won't trigger your asthma. 

Awwww :) It was funny when he patted his legs like it would come to him like a dog. lol Such a sweet guy to rescue that rabbit.

LOL. Speaking of dogs ... I keep looking everyday ... but no new release.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662

Seems like Loyalty Rewards are not working on everything in '2017 Top Sellers' category.

• HorusRa said:

Seems like Loyalty Rewards are not working on everything in '2017 Top Sellers' category.

Which items are you trying to purchase? I tried a few of the '2017 Top Sellers' items and my rewards worked on them.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    dragotx said:

All the burn plants isn't going to help but I thought that's because people stripped the plants to build there homes on hillsides and such. Well in that case the Clampetts need to move back to Tennessee. The rest of California can come too and move to Nashville. As Granny & Jed said, the California River is pitiful, just pitiful. It ain't enough to fight any fires.

That's a big part of it in some areas, but there is also geography and the types of plants that tie into it.  

• Despite the button on the top page, is there anything left that's 85% off (without including additional, personal discounts)? I guess that was changed to 60% off when I wasn't paying attention.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

Back to the topic of sales, Delilah by Mousso is not getting the extra 30% off...

Wow, I had the G3 version on my WL at R'osity, but didn't recognise her.  I think the promos were better there.  The page is still up, even though she's no longer available there....

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=118711

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456
    WandW said:

Wow, I had the G3 version on my WL at R'osity, but didn't recognise her.  I think the promos were better there.  The page is still up, even though she's no longer available there....

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=118711

Wow, those promos at Rendo really show her uniqueness and beautry off better.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    HorusRa said:

Which items are you trying to purchase? I tried a few of the '2017 Top Sellers' items and my rewards worked on them.

I'm not sure charlie, the wife was looking over the sale. She got up from the desk and said some things didn't seem right. The only one she did tell me about was Render studio Iray.

ArtAngel said:

That is so empathetic & brave I am glad he rescued that rabbit. And glad he wasn't hurt! I wonder how he even found that rabbit in all that smoke and intense light!

dragotx said:
    dragotx said:

That's a big part of it in some areas, but there is also geography and the types of plants that tie into it.  

I will have to read about the plants. It seems unnatural that there are fires that often. Not that I can personally change the state of California's zoning laws and land use policies but I am curious. 

• HorusRa said:
    HorusRa said:

I'm not sure charlie, the wife was looking over the sale. She got up from the desk and said some things didn't seem right. The only one she did tell me about was Render studio Iray.

I can confirm that my loyalty rewards (30%) are not applying to that one (Render Studio Iray). Hopefully some mod or someone from DAZ will see this and and have it fixed.

cart_render_studio.jpg
    1666 x 568 - 75K
  • HorusRa said:
    HorusRa said:

I can confirm that my loyalty rewards (30%) are not applying to that one (Render Studio Iray). Hopefully some mod or someone from DAZ will see this and and have it fixed.

Confirmed and reported.

• HorusRa said:
    HorusRa said:

Confirmed and reported.

and fixed (about an hour ago).

This discussion has been closed.