Fluids in Carrara and a plugin by Alberto is coming

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    Greymom said:

Awesome work!

Thank you!

PhilW said:

Looks like you are performing wonders with this!

The original Guy's FluidSim3D simulator and Carrara complement each other very well. Carrara let us easily create the environment for the simulator. This, in turn, is fast and very flexible. They both are a great team, you'll see. I'm sure Carrarists will do wonders I can't even imagine.

Imago said:

This is exactly I meant! Absolutely perfect!
    I hope it can work on chars as well!
    I can't wait to see it work on my Carrara!
    Dumb question: Any idea on when, where and how it will be available to us Mortals? And how much you will charge for it?
    Thanks!

Good questions. 

Where?: before the end of this year.

When?, at sharecg, as my previous plugin,

How much I will charge for it?, ¡nothing! (I'm enjoying creating this plugin and I want to help Carrarists, you're a wonderful community!, and I like Carrara so much!)

• that is very generous and I am looking forward to it heart

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks Alberto, that's very generous of you

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    Alberto said:
    Good questions. 

How much I will charge for it?, ¡nothing! (I'm enjoying creating this plugin and I want to help Carrarists, you're a wonderful community!, and I like Carrara so much!)

Yay, this sounds good! Very generous! laugh

Can't wait to try it!
    In the meanwhile I'll look on how to use those files from GridFluidSim3D...

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Very generous after all your work in creating it (even if it piggyback's on someone else's actual sim code, I am sure there has been a lot of work to get this far!). Can't wait to try it, it is one of the few things still missing from Carrara's toolbox.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,221

That repulsor/attractor thing is very cool! As if the original work wasn't spectacular enough! Just Brilliant!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    Alberto said:
    Greymom said:

Awesome work!

Thank you!

PhilW said:

Looks like you are performing wonders with this!

The original Guy's FluidSim3D simulator and Carrara complement each other very well. Carrara let us easily create the environment for the simulator. This, in turn, is fast and very flexible. They both are a great team, you'll see. I'm sure Carrarists will do wonders I can't even imagine.

Imago said:

This is exactly I meant! Absolutely perfect!
    I hope it can work on chars as well!
    I can't wait to see it work on my Carrara!
    Dumb question: Any idea on when, where and how it will be available to us Mortals? And how much you will charge for it?
    Thanks!

Good questions. 

This looks amazing, and I can't wait.  It's extremely nice of you to give it for free.  LightX is one of the greatest plugins for Carrara ever, and I still can't believe you gave it away free.  Honestly as much as I love getting something for free, I also think you should be rewarded for your efforts too, especially for plugins as invaluable and useful as these.  This fluid sim looks tremendous, I can't wait to play with it!  smiley

edited November 2017
    Jonstark said:

This looks amazing, and I can't wait.  It's extremely nice of you to give it for free.  LightX is one of the greatest plugins for Carrara ever, and I still can't believe you gave it away free.  Honestly as much as I love getting something for free, I also think you should be rewarded for your efforts too, especially for plugins as invaluable and useful as these.  This fluid sim looks tremendous, I can't wait to play with it!  smiley

Yes, I think the same! Luckily ShareCG has got an internal donation system... I guess some coin can fly in that direction when the plugin will be published!

And... I take this opportunity to ask: How I have to compile the base for use the plugin? I got all the files from the GridFluidSim3D repository, but all I get is an error... Someone can teach me, or better us since I guess I'm not the only one, how to have it working? Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Imago on
    edited November 2017

*Double post, sorry*

Post edited by Imago on
  • McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited November 2017

Alberto this just sounds amazing!.....i'll definately donate to the cause.

Your latest video shows a cube splating against a wall,

does this mean the simulator allows shapes as fluid objects?

Also, will it allow scene forces upon the fluid, as the Carrara particle system does?

EDIT: If shapes can be fluid objects, then would it be possible to use this simulator as an object destructor, given that the object keeps it's sharp edges?

I know....too much thinking going on here.blush

Post edited by McGuiver on
    Imago said:
    Jonstark said:

Yes, I think the same! Luckily ShareCG has got an internal donation system... I guess some coin can fly in that direction when the plugin will be published!

And... I take this opportunity to ask: How I have to compile the base for use the plugin? I got all the files from the GridFluidSim3D repository, but all I get is an error... Someone can teach me, or better us since I guess I'm not the only one, how to have it working? Thanks in advance!

Thank you, Imago.

Don't worry about building GridFluidSim3D, I'll upload the fluidsim.dll too. In fact, the original from the repository don't work with the plugin because I made some little changes.

edited November 2017
    Alberto said:

Thank you, Imago.

Don't worry about building GridFluidSim3D, I'll upload the fluidsim.dll too. In fact, the original from the repository don't work with the plugin because I made some little changes.

Nice, thanks a lot! laugh
    I can't wait to try it!

Post edited by Imago on
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Not to confuse the 'Liquid Plugin ' discussion but is a plugin for  OpenVDB viable ? The volumetrics look awsome.

http://www.openvdb.org/

• OpenVDB is perfectly doable, input or output. For instance, in Octane plugin, Carrara true volumetrics are sampled to openVDB. In the same way, openVDB files could be imported as volumetrics. But, doable and easy are 2 differents things and Sighman, Octane plugin programer, is outstanding.

Thanks Philamo - So open VDB effects are available through the 'Octane Carrara plugin' assuming we have Octane installed [ I don't  angry] ?

Well the thought of having it diectly in Carrara was a long shot smiley  !!!

Yes you can load them for use in the Octane for Carrara plugin. But that is because Octane itself can understand and use VDBs so was a matter of loading and passing through the information. I'm not sure how you would display the data in native Carrara - that's not to say it can't be done, it would be an interesting challenge for one of our clever programming community.

• The principle is simple enough. The devil being in the details ???? The OpenVDB library contains utility functions allowing to sample a Ray giving the density traversed. Carrara volumetric primitive give a ray and a colour and ask how this colour is altered. The difficult part is scattering.
  • Alberto, great work I will definitley buy this fluids plugin when it is ready. Now I may have to get Octane for Carrara.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Hey Alberto ,   this looks awesome.   A quite a while ago some people here were working on a short animation "Tango Alphas ship escape" story which required alot of water physics, Carrara's problem with this was one of the reasons I think we didn't finish the animation.   Looks great so far.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Lol, trust me to be overly ambitious!

Any news about the plugin? I'm so eager to try it!

I can't wait... I can't wait... I can't wait.... smiley

• thank you

amazing results

yes

Just wondering if any progress to report on a likely release?

0oseven said:

Just wondering if any progress to report on a likely release?

Wondering the same... It looks so amazing I can't wait to see it running on my Carrara...
    Hope he can finish it soon!

Your beta testers await!

Thank you to all for your interest! The plugin is almost finished.

I'm writing the manual. 

Excited - Sounds like it might be ready to go in my Christmas Stocking ! yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Great news.  Really looking forward to it

• a manual yes

this just gets more awesome 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    th3Digit said:

a manual yes

this just gets more awesome 

plus 46