? A New Marketing Stratagy ?

13»

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Yep, it would be nice to have a hint - it could be very important for people planning expenditure. For example, I've been looking at Marvelous Designer and there is quite an active thread happening since the release of the latest version of MD. Buying that would be a major expenditure for me and would probably mean a choice between that and taking a holiday next year. However, if I knew that DAZ was planning to include some cloth simulation other than the unsatisfactory Optitex offering available now, I would hold off and wait before investing in MD. It is still almost 3 months to Christmas and that's a long time to wait on the strength of rumours of a cloth sim.

• While MD is known for not having discounts they had a Black Friday sale last year so one might be better off waiting a bit as it is.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited October 2017
    drzap said:

It would really help their potential customers if they were more forthcoming about future updates to Daz Studio.  I am waiting in a minor limbo to see if the future Daz 5 can satisfy my animation needs.  It's really the only reason I hang out here. Announcing their future plans have very little downsides as far as I can see.  When iClone announced their facial mocap solutions months before its release, it helped me prepare for possible pipeline changes.  It drew more attention to their brand.  By being so hush-hush about it, they risk antagonizing folks who are seeking solutions.  I don't know about you guys, but I will be a little pissed if I find that the "knock your socks off" features of DS5 will be nothing more than a new license agreement. I like Maya, but I'm not made of money.  If Daz is becoming more animation friendly, I want to know now.

+1 we all would like to know and searching for more open communication of upcoming "daz software goodies"...

a true pro version (probably not free anymore) but contains a complete animation pipeline, included with good dynamics & collisions in realtime, i would think about it and invest. Just like what 'm doing with Marvelousdesigner (awesome clothsim).

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • drzapdrzap Posts: 795
    Fixme12 said:
    drzap said:

It would really help their potential customers if they were more forthcoming about future updates to Daz Studio.  I am waiting in a minor limbo to see if the future Daz 5 can satisfy my animation needs.  It's really the only reason I hang out here. Announcing their future plans have very little downsides as far as I can see.  When iClone announced their facial mocap solutions months before its release, it helped me prepare for possible pipeline changes.  It drew more attention to their brand.  By being so hush-hush about it, they risk antagonizing folks who are seeking solutions.  I don't know about you guys, but I will be a little pissed if I find that the "knock your socks off" features of DS5 will be nothing more than a new license agreement. I like Maya, but I'm not made of money.  If Daz is becoming more animation friendly, I want to know now.

+1 we all would like to now, more open communication of upcoming goodies...

even it's again a true pro version (that's not free anymore) but contains a complete animation pipeline, included with good dynamics & collisions in realtime, i would think about it and invest. Just like what 'm doing with Marvelousdesigner (awesome clothsim).

They would really be shortsighted if they missed the boat and failed to deliver a pipeline product.  Hoarding assets for a proprietary system that doesn't do animation well is small time.  I really want to believe that they can see the potential.  The only losers might be some of the PA's.  They would face a lot more competition if Daz became more mainstream.  I can see a lot more people looking to create assets for a full fledged animation powerhouse.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    drzap said:

The only losers might be some of the PA's.  They would face a lot more competition if Daz became more mainstream.  I can see a lot more people looking to create assets for a full fledged animation powerhouse.

Sounds nice and great if more people could create assets = More content for everyone to play with!

'm also more pro for teaching people 3d in the right way (more tutorials to buy), with soft the pro's actually do.

Wich means a good modeler Maya/Max would be mostly out of range for most people here but there are good alternatives like modo indie/Blender/Silo and combine with a good sculpt like Zbrush or 3dCoat up to the texture process substance painter or Quicksels..., Mari would again out of range for most haning around here (included me).

If there is more difference in content
    More talented people would show up here, now it's mostly same PA's with same content over & over again most people got that kind of content in it's archive.
    I've lost a little the WOW effect on content here and days of only doing stills are really over for me. Animation or starting in a group to work out a game is so much more fun then creating another 3d wallpaper for my desktop. I would be more surprised with software innovation! (and waiting on that since 2010)

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Yeah... I'm not in the market for a cloth sim but I AM thinking about buying Vue with some upcoming temp work income. But if the new thing involves terrain generation or atmospheric lighting... well... I should probably wait. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

....I just wish they'd come out and say they have totally abandoned Hexagon and be done with it as there have been no significant updates or fixes to the programme for as long as I've been involved in this.

• Fixme12 said:
    drzap said:

The only losers might be some of the PA's.  They would face a lot more competition if Daz became more mainstream.  I can see a lot more people looking to create assets for a full fledged animation powerhouse.

Sounds nice and great if more people could create assets = More content for everyone to play with!

'm also more pro for teaching people 3d in the right way (more tutorials to buy), with soft the pro's actually do.

Wich means a good modeler Maya/Max would be mostly out of range for most people here but there are good alternatives like modo indie/Blender/Silo and combine with a good sculpt like Zbrush or 3dCoat up to the texture process substance painter or Quicksels..., Mari would again out of range for most haning around here (included me).

If there is more difference in content
    More talented people would show up here, now it's mostly same PA's with same content over & over again most people got that kind of content in it's archive.
    I've lost a little the WOW effect on content here and days of only doing stills are really over for me. Animation or starting in a group to work out a game is so much more fun then creating another 3d wallpaper for my desktop. I would be more surprised with software innovation! (and waiting on that since 2010)

Not every person that starts making content for DAZ Studio will sell here, nor will every tutorial made to teach content creation be released here. Expecting those things to happen is going to lead to disappointment.