Announcement: Evil Beware! Genesis Supersuit is here!

Comments

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

All checked out, downloading now.

It was the right price in the end.

BUT, I did try to buy it last night - many times but I couldn't even get it to show up in the cart.

Strangley navigating to different pages emptied my cart, or at least seemed to (and I couldn't check out).

Nice - just noticed there's a spell chcker

(doesn't wirk very well).

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 754
    edited May 2012

So is the newsletter pricing (40% off) supposed to be correct or not? Will the store be fixed, or are we suppoosed to contact sales support for store credit for the difference?

Post edited by argel1200 on
    edited December 1969

argel1200 said:
    So is the newsletter pricing (40% off) supposed to be correct or not? Will the store be fixed, or are we suppoosed to contact sales support for store credit for the difference?

I got it for $59.47

which is 50 cents cheaper than the advertised price (newsletter).

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 754
    edited December 1969

My bad! I didn't refresh the product page!! Correct price is showing!! Now to decide how many ramon noodles I want to eat in June.... ;)

• AmeesaAmeesa Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

I was wowed when Genesis came out, but this suit may point out where the new DAZ Studio technology really shines. It all looks incredible! I wasn't sure I really needed a suit for super heroes, that's not normally my thing. But, seeing all the different looks you can achieve, the shaders provided, and the built-in mat zones, I can imagine so many possibilities and looking forward to using the Super Suit. Just the ideas I want to try for kit-bashing using elements of other outfits in conjuncture with the suit is mind boggling. Well done DAZ, very well done.:-)

• chiefarchonchiefarchon Posts: 34
    edited May 2012

Coon Ra said:
    Could someone, please, post fur preset render?

here ya go...

She is either Jaquelin Frost or a lost member of Abba :P

Sasquatchia.jpg
    357 x 693 - 48K
    Post edited by chiefarchon on
    edited May 2012

Did a quick test of the fur - barbarian preset.

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Is this the right size?

FurtestCUsm.jpg
    800 x 800 - 312K
    Furtest3sm.jpg
    800 x 800 - 231K
    Post edited by namrettek on
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Thank you for posting the mat zone pics chiefarchon. From all the renders I figured as much this is how it would look.

DAZ_Rand:

Thank you for the info. That seems an easy route to take for the zones. Clever use of the topology.

And, if one were inclined to (as I am), it would be easy to create a MT for the briefs turning the squared topology into circular, or even "V" shaped. Although, I don't know how well the new MT's will play with the suit's vector displacement MT's, and it would probably mess up texture displacement as well (unless they are only seamless tiles).

Take care all...
    Ken

• chiefarchonchiefarchon Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

I have to confess, the new starman morph holds a whole heap of promiss...

starwoman2.jpg
    487 x 698 - 156K
  • jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

My first attempt with the supersuit. This has to be the most versatile item I've ever purchased from Daz :)

Link to full version: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7242/7268308350_6492668c24_o.jpg

okay, this is gonna make me brave the wonky checkout system in order to get this suit -- outstanding work!

• DAZ_CameronDAZ_Cameron Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

We want to thank you all for having patience while we iron out the kinks in our new site. We also want to thank you for your enthusiastic response to the Supersuit! As a reward we are offering Genesis Bracers for free through 06/01/2012. These Bracers will make an excellent addition to the Genesis Supersuit. Enjoy!

• AdashAdash Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

We want to thank you all for having patience while we iron out the kinks in our new site. We also want to thank you for your enthusiastic response to the Supersuit! As a reward we are offering Genesis Bracers for free through 06/01/2012. These Bracers will make an excellent addition to the Genesis Supersuit. Enjoy!

I can see where this is going...and I hope I'm right. Perhaps tons of addons for the suit? Could turn into an amazing product range.

Thanks for the bracers.

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited May 2012

I made this up yesterday after playing a bit with the suit. It's mostly prefab and I used the Skyway expansion as well and did some photoshop work obviously. Works well with the standard firearms pack.

TFRecruitmentPoster2.jpg
    424 x 600 - 130K
    Post edited by MistaD2047 on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited May 2012

This is is my Take on Aya from the new Green Lanter Series. I think she is outstanding. I want to try and do the entire cast.

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Loving the renders. This is indeed a fabulous addition! :-)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited May 2012

Really nice renders. This is probably the most versatile and coolest clothing item EVER!! So much fun to play with!!!!!

It makes nice normal clothing, in addition to the cool Superhero, Fantasy, SciFi, Troopers, etc.

All of the next 4 are designs I created, using the suit and the various shaders for it

This one is MyLin for V4 texture & PH Classic Hair

MyLin01_Alisa.jpg
    616 x 960 - 79K
    Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
    edited May 2012

And another. Even though she's wearing the Supersuit, she's not a happy camper ;)

Texture is Jamika for Kids4 from StephanieBT
    Hair is HR074 from Ali
    Teddy Bear is from Bad girl for Pygmy from Smay
    Cozy Bedroom from Ironman
    Bed from FaerieDreams
    BunBun from KikiClothing Pack2 (Littlefox)
    Britta's Mimms Ragdoll

SleeperLongRed01sm_Alisa.jpg
    800 x 669 - 64K
    edited May 2012

But don't discount the Superheros. Here's one I created ;)

Supergirly1_Alisa.jpg
    800 x 919 - 95K
    edited May 2012

One more style/color selection I created, GoldMan, just because it's too much fun!!

GoldMan_Alisa.jpg
    800 x 820 - 88K
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say thanks Daz! FANTASTIC product, wow, this one suit has so many options and choices, you can get lost just trying to decide what to do! I'd like to say thanks to all the artists who put so much into developing this, the shaders are amazing, even without special lighting they render beautifully! Love it! Just wanted to say that I personally had no trouble adding it to cart, purchasing (used card, not paypal) - installing and using this product :-) Thanks again! Cathy

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

I see heels... so were all the issues with the "pump" option ironed out then or is what I'm seeing is separate pair of heels with the same shader applied to make it match?

Great release folks.

Randal, you did mention on the old site that you were planning on releasing some classic DC type of freebies or has that changed now?

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:
    [
    Give the briefs a try, also look for the separately sold supersuit belt, boots and cape new from the platinum club.

Cool, I'll be watching for them; if they're even half as well-done as the supersuit, I'll be thrilled.

Speaking of the supersuit, in the original sneak peek thread you said you'd be supplying your superhero settings, is this still a go?

As well, I remember a shot of a Green Lantern styled character flying with a green glow around him, is the glow option something we already have, of another product?

Thanks for a great product,
    Walt Sterdan

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

the renders are fabulous! such an exciting new product! How I'd love an enthusiastic fan to release a texture set to do The Phantom *grin* or Wonder Woman. :D :D

edited May 2012

Errors with supersuit - Can't open files saved with Fur presets with M5 or V5

I did a scene with the barbarian preset. saved. when I tried to open the scene

I got "an error occured while reading the file"

The log file said-

"Opening file Furlighting.daz...
    Error setting pointers while reading file C:/Users/Daniel/Documents/Daniel Work/Daz 4 Fun/LIGHTING Tests/Furlighting.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
    File read time: 0 min 6.2 sec."

Got the same problem with the sorcery preset. Tried some other random suits - no problems.

It also happened several times with the fur suits. Tried restarting and resaving etc.

It looks like the fur is having some problems saving and openeing.

Anyone else able to save a scene with barbarian or sorcery preset and then open it?

using Win 7 64 I7 with 16gigs of ram

Post edited by namrettek on
    edited December 1969

one other thing about super suit materials - is there a way to access the materials - fur, metal, etc?

or can one only do that with the presets?

I wanted to see if it was the fur that was causing files to be corrupt files or the presets.

I did test a couple of other fur presets and I could not open them either.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Here is a render of the Supersuit fantasy paladin.

supersuit_fantasy_paladin.jpg
    750 x 794 - 449K
  • bluelight specialbluelight special Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

I humbly request that Daz_Rand please release his super heroic textures including that underdog.
    Outstanding work ladies and gentlemen.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I've succumbed and bought it!!! After seeing all these great renders my will power crumbled. Off to play.:-)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to select more than one area on the suit, or do you have to select each bit seperately?

edited December 1969

Tried out one of the sci fi presets -

Supoerattack2sm.jpg
    800 x 800 - 576K