Announcement: Evil Beware! Genesis Supersuit is here!

DAZ_CameronDAZ_Cameron Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the most innovative, versatile, and configurable piece of 3D clothing we have ever released - Genesis Supersuit.

Order Now >>
Head over to the DAZ store and take advantage of our introductory offer. Now through June 7, 2012 (23:59:59 GMT-6) get the Genesis Supersuit for 10% OFF, or if you're in the Platinum Club get 40% OFF!

INTRODUCING GENESIS SUPERSUIT

Genesis Supersuit is a revolutionary conforming 3D clothing product. This product contains hundreds of material zones that match and complement the Genesis 3D figure. This is the most advanced and versatile clothing available for any 3D platform, and has been designed especially for Genesis. This means that any Supersuit presets you purchase, or any items you design with the Supersuit, will work with any Genesis character.

Create anything from armor, boots and gloves to bikinis, masks, helmets, sweat bands, yoga outfits and so much more! Apply a dazzling array of material and shader presets that will convert the Supersuit into anything from fur to chrome. With displacement maps, material settings and other full clothing preset options, you can literally produce thousands of clothing items from this one powerful product.

Key features
The Genesis Supersuit is complete with powerful options to create almost an unlimited number of clothing items including:
• Advanced Suit Controls
• Shape Presets
• Material Presets
• Complete Clothing Outfit Presets
• Surface and Shader Presets
• Props, Scenes and Support Files
• Advanced Parameter Sliders
• Creating and Saving Custom Characters

LOOK FOR THE PRO BUNDLE AND PRO SUITE FOR HUGE SAVINGS

THE SUPERSUIT ADVANCES THE POWER OF GENESIS™

When you combine the most powerful clothing product with the most advanced 3D figure platform, you get nearly unlimited possibilities. Genesis allows you to create almost any character from one universal mesh while the Supersuit produces almost limitless clothing options and material settings. When you combine the two, the potential is staggering.

TAKE THE SUPERSUIT EVEN FURTHER™
The Supersuit can take many different shapes and forms. Customize your Supersuit to fit any genre with these Add-on Packs:

Supersuit Fantasy Pack
Supersuit Hero Pack
Supersuit SciFi Pack
Supersuit Troopers
Supersuit Fantasy Content Bundle
Supersuit Super Hero Content Bundle
Supersuit Sci-Fi Content Bundle
Mardi Gras Supersuit
Supermasks for Genesis
WORN-TORN for the Genesis Supersuit

Don't miss out on this limited time offer. Get your Supersuit today! The universe is counting on you.

Order Genesis Supersuit Now

-----------------Genesis Supersuit------------------Supersuit Pro Bundle------------------Supersuit Pro Suite-----------------

Supersuit1.jpg
769 x 1000 - 520K
Post edited by DAZ_Kevin on

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

It's about time. Better late than never. Promos look great! :)

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Can someone tell me if I need the Supersuit Hero pack to be able to use the Hero Factory Classics? Please and thank you :)

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

or if you're in the Platinum Club get 40% OFF!

If only that were true. We aren't getting 40% off; we're getting 37%.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

I wish I was getting 37%; I'm only seeing the 10% discount, and I'm a PC member.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited May 2012

riftwitch said:

I wish I was getting 37%; I'm only seeing the 10% discount, and I'm a PC member.

I've seen both discounts in the store (edit: meaning 10% off and 37% off...haven't seen 40% off), and other pricing variants, too. As far as the 37% discount is concerned, It appears that the 10% discount is being applied AFTER the 30% (so we're getting 10% off 70% of the full cost), rather than at the same time (for an overall discount of 40%). This is how the old store worked...but we were told that the new one would apply these discounts at the same time, and the prices in the newsletter (and in the above post) reflect that.

Store issues aside, the Supersuit (and related products) look incredible! Great job to all who worked on them. Hope to pick some of this stuff up someday...not now though, unfortunately...I've spent enough here recently and have more than enough outfits to keep me busy for quite some time.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited May 2012

riftwitch said:

I've seen both discounts in the store (edit: meaning 10% off and 37% off...haven't seen 40% off), and other pricing variants, too. As far as the 37% discount is concerned, It appears that the 10% discount is being applied AFTER the 30% (so we're getting 10% off 70% of the full cost), rather than at the same time (for an overall discount of 40%). This is how the old store worked...but we were told that the new one would apply these discounts at the same time, and the prices in the newsletter (and in the above post) reflect that.

Store issues aside, the Supersuit (and related products) look incredible! Great job to all who worked on them. Hope to pick some of this stuff up someday...not now though, unfortunately...I've spent enough here recently and have more than enough outfits to keep me busy for quite some time.

Email announcement clearly states $20.97 with asterisked foot note about including PC discount.

When I am logged out, price is $31.46 (10% off)

When I log in price is $22.02 so, it's applying a PC discount of sorts.

I contend that we should get it at the advertised price of $20.97 - to pick nits - truth in advertising applies.

Agree they look incredible... just trying to decide which pieces to buy... can't justify the suites. The bundle mixes do on include the Mardi Gras nor either Super Hero pack (ok... Pro does have the Super Hero pack but I don't want the others in that bundle). Add in the new Security Gear (not part of the supersuit sale) - and it's a fantastic launch of products.

Post edited by Robert952 on
  • SuzuranSuzuran Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi, I chose Supersuit for my March Madness BIA bonus. I still can't find it in my Downloadable Prodacts. Where/when can I have it? I'd love to play with it this weekend.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Well, here's my first post after going through withdrawl from both my computer (it died when DAZ went under the knife) and DAZ.

I'm SO happy that the supersuit is here! But first, how long is it on sale (the store does not show how long the item on sale lasts) and how is it possible for a bodysuit to have so many material zones. How does it work? I see boots, different types of masks, different morphs and effects. I'm trying to figure out how is it possible to have so many different looks. I see way too many combinations that a typical conforming piece of clothing would turn into a jumbled piece of mess. How do you keep the displacement lines from distorting when you morph genesis?

Could someone come out from behind the curtain and show us how it was made?:-)

• FielranFielran Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Just wondering, is the cape shown in a couple of the promos included? If not, where is it from? I have a couple capes already, so if not it's not a big deal, but I'm curious.

• chiefarchonchiefarchon Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

urm Where is the starman ???????????

image_2_3293373.jpg
    600 x 585 - 45K
  • TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Suzuran said:
    hi, I chose Supersuit for my March Madness BIA bonus. I still can't find it in my Downloadable Prodacts. Where/when can I have it? I'd love to play with it this weekend.

Yes, me too.

I'd love to see a shot showing all material zones.
    I still haven't seen any form of the suit that has a basic undies-style crotch(!?) It can't be missing that ability, can it?

• Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

urm Where is the starman ???????????

Starman is a part of the SciFi pack

edited December 1969

Timmoth said:
    Suzuran said:

Yes, me too.

I still haven't seen any form of the suit that has a basic undies-style crotch(!?) It can't be missing that ability, can it?

It does not have that ability... The aliens who designed it didn't build that into the infrastructure :)

Actually, the reason it morphs so well is because it is based on the same geometry as Genesis and the mesh does not have an edge loop in that shape so it wasn't possible.

It is EXTREMELY easy to fit the briefs that come in DS4 as part of the base content to the supersuit (not genesis) to get this look if you want it.

edited May 2012

This is the best I could get

Alien_Test.jpg
    729 x 590 - 32K
    Post edited by chiefarchon on
    edited December 1969

This is the best I could get

There should be a body morph for him in your smart content, try typing it in the search field.

Obviously you will need to have purchased the sciFi supersuit

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:
    Timmoth said:

It does not have that ability... The aliens who designed it didn't build that into the infrastructure :)

Actually, the reason it morphs so well is because it is based on the same geometry as Genesis and the mesh does not have an edge loop in that shape so it wasn't possible.

It is EXTREMELY easy to fit the briefs that come in DS4 as part of the base content to the supersuit (not genesis) to get this look if you want it.
    Seriously!?
    All kinds of protest and flabbergastion are coming to mind right now, but I dont know what to say.
    This would make it useless for almost every project I had in mind.
    I've had things on hold for months waiting for this supersuit, but now I'm going to have to go back to the G-suit I think.
    Hasn't turned up in my account from my 'Buy it All' bonus either yet, so I'm going to bed now and rethink my 3D life.

• AdashAdash Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ team, this product is awesome! Huge flexibility, professionaly done, and importantly for me, yoiu've kept the base resolution down so it's extremely usable (and scaleable). Thanks for a great product!:-) Just renewed my platinum membership for this.

edited December 1969

Timmoth said:
    DAZ_Rand said:
    Timmoth said:

Seriously!?
    All kinds of protest and flabbergastion are coming to mind right now, but I dont know what to say.
    This would make it useless for almost every project I had in mind.
    I've had things on hold for months waiting for this supersuit, but now I'm going to have to go back to the G-suit I think.
    Hasn't turned up in my account from my 'Buy it All' bonus either yet, so I'm going to bed now and rethink my 3D life.

We wanted "briefs" from the very beginning, but it wouldn't work within the structure of the mesh, it is a minor incovienience to use the DS4 briefs. Trust me. I have recreated every hero from superman and batman to underdog. Nobody said that you had to use the suit by itself for every purpose... I mean... It is flexible enough for that in many cases, but sometimes it needs accessories. It won't make a cape either... You have to fit that separately as well.

Give the briefs a try, also look for the separately sold supersuit belt, boots and cape new from the platinum club.

edited December 1969

oh... yes lol

edited May 2012

DAZ_Rand said:

We wanted "briefs" from the very beginning, but it wouldn't work within the structure of the mesh, it is a minor incovienience to use the DS4 briefs. Trust me. I have recreated every hero from superman and batman to underdog. Nobody said that you had to use the suit by itself for every purpose... I mean... It is flexible enough for that in many cases, but sometimes it needs accessories. It won't make a cape either... You have to fit that separately as well.

Give the briefs a try, also look for the separately sold supersuit belt, boots and cape new from the platinum club.

ooh when might those be out then?

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

This suit really is awesome and very versatile. With some imagination and various shaders you can create lots of different outfits, you really get alot with this suit. Here are a few of my renders.

gorullasuitrs.jpg
    600 x 522 - 83K
    grim2rs.jpg
    558 x 600 - 54K
    velvetrs.jpg
    283 x 600 - 29K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:

ooh when might those be out then?

Yeah, those sound like must-haves. Not that the suit itself won't keep me busy, but still...I guess I want it all. Good think I'm on vacation next week. :-)

edited May 2012

Timmoth said:

Yes, me too.

Every line is a material zone, every space surounded by 4 lines is yet another material zone. Where two lines intersect is another material zone again.

We are talking Awsome here...

Mat_zones_3_f.jpg
    485 x 500 - 25K
    Mat_zones_2_f.jpg
    171 x 497 - 16K
    Mat_zones_1_F.jpg
    485 x 500 - 25K
    edited December 1969

In case you thought that, for instance, the green colour in the arm was just one zone..... Wrong

Arm_Zones_1.jpg
    485 x 500 - 33K
    edited December 1969

I'm really liking this. A couple of things I've noticed though, I wish there were better options around the knees and elbows to allow for better armour pieces design. You rarely get armour designs without these and ommiting them from the supersuit was a bit of an oversight. Perhaps in a future update?
    Still very nice though.
    I also like the fact they provided an easy to use undersuit too. Adds a lot to the value and flexibity.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Could someone, please, post fur preset render?

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

A first play with the supersuit

NB skirt was seperate ;)

supersuitforum.jpg
    500 x 800 - 71K
    edited May 2012

The Supersuit can be a little stubborn at times, when it comes to fitting to a posed figure. So either i'll have to learn how to use it better or they will have to do some tweaking. I still love it to pieces though.

resting2.jpg
    750 x 300 - 34K
  • namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited May 2012

When will the price be adjusted? It says 40 percent but last time I checked 38 is NOT 40 percent of 100...

I want to buy this now, but paying two dollars extra... Yes I am cheap.

Can we just put in a ticket for the two dollars?

Anyone tried that?

EDIT --

OK well NOW it shows up at the right price... But I added another item and it came up as 0.00 I actually removed it so I didn't test to see if it worked...

Now let's see if I can check out.

Post edited by namrettek on
    edited December 1969

A first play with the supersuit

NB skirt was seperate ;)

That's a nice render. Nicely done :-)