George for Genesis 8 Male

2»

Comments

• DeepseaDeepsea Posts: 119

About Fibermesh hair.

The hair follow perfecly scalp. Fiber hair arevery thin on the top of the head. If you want to see more of them you can change opacity value. Thank you.

George Hair 1.jpg
    1135 x 1111 - 418K
    George Hair 2.jpg
    1474 x 1166 - 333K
    Hair Opacity 1.jpg
    2370 x 819 - 220K
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

That's a result I get when certain HD morphs are dialled in. I get the same result, and usually have to remove some of the hidden HD morphs of the hair. It also happens with other stuff for other figures when HD is involved. (levitating armpit hair, for example).

It even looks a bit like it there, but in profile it's more pronounced. It looks like the hair doesn't end up connecting to the scalp anywhere. Looking in wireframe view it looks like it should be touching the scalp though, so it may just be the lighting and angle.

If that's how it is, it's fine, I'll just have to watch out for it and adjust to look how I expect (unless people aren't seeing this, then I'll reinstall or open a ticket). Thanks for the example.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,722

I will get George but not sure when.  He looks great.  Is there any Georgina planed for G8F?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited September 2017

Actually, I like George for G8M more, than the previous one.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 2017

Another render of George for G8M.

George26pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1620 - 420K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Thanks for the information about the second face option. I'll admit I bought him as soon as I saw him in the store based off of my experience with the G3M version and still need to look at everything else he came with too. And thanks for the information on the hair, it gives me a direction to go with adjusting materials rather than fit morphs. I do appreciate the more thinning hair as well, useful on other characters too.
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    @Deepsea since you are looking at this thread, I'm going to ask a question. Do you have any plans to create a female counterpart for George?
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,767
    edited September 2017
    Karuki said:

Am I the only one who thinks G8 George looks worse than G3? Something about his eyes and his face looks like it's made of rubber. I feel like I'm going crazy because everyone seems to love him.

This is the perfect example of why I dont need G8

Why buy the exact same Character, a second time, when it offers no tangible improvement over the previous iteration cheeky

Here is George HD (G3 male) As the  evil Baron Harkonnen from the Dune Books.

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks, Deepsea. Your work is wonderfully detailed. I love the original George and have the new one on my wishlist. 

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    Deepsea said:

Good day

Here are some details about the new version of George HD for Genesis 8 Male.
    as George HD for Genesis 3 Male George is entirely created with Zbrush.
    I did not want to make a perfect copy of the original, I wanted to make a new character more natural, more realistic and more expressive.
    The new generation Genesis 8 Male offers fantastic HD expressions and I wanted to make the best use of this novelty.
    The topology of the face is optimized to use these expressions which explains why you feel that the face is less detailed. The details are just not in the same place. The result of this new sculpture offers more realistic expressions thanks to this new topology.
    If you want to use the original shape of george's face, this product comes with two faces. The new and the original George for Genesis 3 Male face morph. 

Thank you for loving George. Deepsea

Exellent point and the expressions are soooooooooo much better than the G3M version!

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited September 2017

Here is another George 8 Render. I absolutely love this character. :) Using Dylan's texture and beard.  EYEray for the eyes.  Also an awesome product.

Note: George is dialed down to about 75% here.

(click for full size)

George_face2a.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 727K
    Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,190
    edited September 2017

Here is another George 8 Render. I absolutely love this character. :) Using Dylan's texture and beard.  EYEray for the eyes.  Also an awesome product.

(click for full size)

That's looking very nice. I might have to reconsider and get George G8M.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

(click for full size)

That's looking very nice. I might have to reconsider and get George G8M.

Deepsea did a great job on this one.  :)  

edited September 2017

Great renders, everyone.

Below is my latest render of George for G8M with Jeroyn skin, Adrian beard and hair.

George32pic01.jpg
    1600 x 1080 - 349K
    Post edited by Artini on

I do not yet have plan to create Georgina character.

• A realistic fat lady would be nice...better than the big and pretty look, like Bethany.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    Deepsea said:

I do not yet have plan to create Georgina character.

If you do get around to making one with anywhere near the level of detail that George has, she will be an instant buy for me.

And I would in no way consider Bethany to be "fat"... Plus size model?  Sure. (I could picture her as a Torrid model)

• Deepsea said:

Good day

I did not want to make a perfect copy of the original, I wanted to make a new character more natural, more realistic and more expressive.
    The new generation Genesis 8 Male offers fantastic HD expressions and I wanted to make the best use of this novelty.
    The topology of the face is optimized to use these expressions which explains why you feel that the face is less detailed. The details are just not in the same place. The result of this new sculpture offers more realistic expressions thanks to this new topology.
    If you want to use the original shape of george's face, this product comes with two faces. The new and the original George for Genesis 3 Male face morph. 

Interesting comparison - thanks for taking the time to post, Deepsea. I bought G3 George and love him like so many others do. After seeing this, paying more attention to his hair (which is great), and his skin in Artini's renders, I think I need to buy him.

- Greg

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    Deepsea said:

Good day

Thank YOU for gracing this thread with your helpful explaination! It's always a treat when the PA joins in on the conversation. :)

Since George is a rare gem that made his way to the top selling males, have you considered making a female counterpart? I'm sure many people would love a Georgina for Genesis 8 Female! ;)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I really like George for G8M as well as G3M the new one is in my cart :)

Here's a little trick to improve your renderings when you use a texture different from George's. I advise you to always apply the normal Map that comes with George Iray Material.

I'll make an update of the George Hair Set so that it can be used with George HD for Genesis 8 Male.

It must be a little patient because DAZ must validate it.

George Dale Normal.jpg
    1300 x 900 - 103K
    George Hair G3M.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 98K

I made a mistake. Saiyaness of course. I'm sorry. Happy rendering

Great, will wait for the update to the George Hair Set.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,722

I got George but still waiting for growing up for G8M as my overweight character is a teen.  As an adult he is not overweight but as a teen he starts to learn better habits like healthy eating, drinking more water, exercising, and other healthy habits.  While I wait, do I need to use George 3 or is there a way to make George 8 a teen? 

Right now with George 8 it's a little early.
    I did some tests with George 3 and Lola's Son.

George Teen Test.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 432K
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited September 2017

That works pretty well, Deepsea!

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679

This question may apply to both George 8 and 3 - I hope. Is it possible to use a transparency map on the hair? Since it's all one material, the only way I see to have hair only in certain areas is to turn the other body parts invisible, but the breaks are not natural. If I want George to have only chest hair, he also gets hair on the backs of his shoulders, because the materials that have to be left visible are "Chest Upper" and "Chest Lower," with no discrimination as to what side of the body is hirsute.