George for Genesis 8 Male

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited September 2017 in The Commons

Looking great! Though, I was kind of hoping he'd be an official Daz Original Icon this time. He certainly deserves the treatment. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited September 2017

There are many nice items this month and George for G8M is one of them.

George03pic01.jpg
    1480 x 1248 - 352K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • with my lack of G8 clothing content he makes me very glad I do not own a pro bundle with the geograft ......

• Looking great! Though, I was kind of hoping he'd be an official Daz Original Icon this time. He certainly deserves the treatment. :)

The artist may have chosen not to sell, even if Daz asked.

• He's fantastic and rendering as we speak. :) I absolutely love the extra care taken with details.
  • I was momentarily thrilled with George 8. But then I noticed there are no new Real World outfits for him. I've decided to hold off on Genesis 8 all together till I see a significant number of items that suit my needs.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited September 2017

Here is George wearing the Henley Pants, BasicWear muscle shirt, Mobster Hat and various jewelry.  Used the BOSS Portrait set.  Love those lights!  :)  Beard is from Dylan for Genesis 8.

George 8

george_8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 667K
    Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I was momentarily thrilled with George 8. But then I noticed there are no new Real World outfits for him. I've decided to hold off on Genesis 8 all together till I see a significant number of items that suit my needs.

Genesis 3 clothing should fit onto Genesis 8 figures. 

• His head in the promos looks elongated oddly to me. These renders look better for some reason.

• Is Gen8 George HD like his G3 version?

• I think George's sheer body size would mean that clothes meant for average men wouldn't fit. Digital Lite Designs that's a great picture!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

I think George's sheer body size would mean that clothes meant for average men wouldn't fit. Digital Lite Designs that's a great picture!

In theory, with auto-follow, then any G3M/G8M clothing would follow his extreme morph. Ideally, for a better fit, you would want clothing that was designed with special fixes for George's morph, but that is likely to be a very small subset of the available clothing for G3M/G8M.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited September 2017

I think George's sheer body size would mean that clothes meant for average men wouldn't fit. Digital Lite Designs that's a great picture!

Thanks Ron.....and clothing with adjustments to expand the clothing really helps too.
    Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
    edited September 2017

Great image, Digital Lite Design, and you have not got those whites on the hair, while using BOSS lights.

I often got such whites on the hair with BOSS lights, so I have just stopped using that setup.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Great image, Digital Lite Design, and you have not got those whites on the hair, while using BOSS lights.

I often got such whites on the hair with BOSS lights, so I have just stopped using that setup.

Thank you Artini.  :)

A couple things to try for the overly lit hair:
    I often use the Hair Lustre Shaders by PhilW, and to get rid of any white, and I manually move the light causing the overlighting up a bit so the bulk of the light isn't hitting right on the hair.  I often do this with any BOSS light causing an overlighting on skin etc...  You do have to "Unlock" the lights Translation dials.  For anyone who doens't know how:

• Select the light you need to unlock
    • In the Parameters pane, select the top parameter in Translations (X Translate)
    • Hit Ctrl A (selects all the parameters)
    • R-Click any of the highlighted parameters and choose > Lock > Unlock Selected Properties

Sometimes I accidently click elsewhere and unselect them all.  LOL  Just repeat those steps.  :)  Once the Parameters are unlocked, you can move the lights up a bit, or further from the subject etc.....  You "can" just change the Lumens, but they are usually set well and work....So I find bettler luck just moving the hotspot of the light a bit away from the overlit area.

Thanks for the tips, Digital Lite Design. I did not know about such fixes.

edited September 2017

George for Genesis 8 Male (on the left) and George for Genesis 3 Male.

GeorgeG8G3sc02pic01.jpg
    1400 x 1080 - 426K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Nicely done Artini.  :)

Thanks a lot, Digital Lite Design.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

Has George been taking botox?  His face wrinkles have a smoother look.

edited September 2017

One more render of George for G8M

George23pic01.jpg
    1400 x 1080 - 153K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • So, has anyone else had any issues with the new George hair? Specifically, that the hair on the top of the head seems to be floating a bit above the scalp? I'm seeing this both with and without George dialed in. In itself, adjusting hair like that isn't a big deal, but it's unusual for hair made for a particular morph like this. Since others had been rendering him with hair, I'm wondering if I'm forgetting a trick to it, or should consider reinstalling if something is off.

Otherwise I'm happy with the new George. G3 clothes seems to be converting well enough, and the issue is the same that many clothes don't have morphs to adjust to have them hang down off the body, rather than hug the form. So for any bigger guys, it's easier to give them form fitting clothes, or leave them shirtless. So, win-win? :)

edited September 2017

Below is my render of George for G8M with the hair included in the set.

George24pic01.jpg
    2048 x 1728 - 800K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 2017

... one more render of him.

George25pic01.jpg
    2048 x 1728 - 633K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • It even looks a bit like it there, but in profile it's more pronounced. It looks like the hair doesn't end up connecting to the scalp anywhere. Looking in wireframe view it looks like it should be touching the scalp though, so it may just be the lighting and angle.

If that's how it is, it's fine, I'll just have to watch out for it and adjust to look how I expect (unless people aren't seeing this, then I'll reinstall or open a ticket). Thanks for the example.

george_hair_test_20170914.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • Am I the only one who thinks G8 George looks worse than G3? Something about his eyes and his face looks like it's made of rubber. I feel like I'm going crazy because everyone seems to love him.

• Karuki said:

Am I the only one who thinks G8 George looks worse than G3? Something about his eyes and his face looks like it's made of rubber. I feel like I'm going crazy because everyone seems to love him.

No he looks weirder to me too.

• Me too. I love the first George.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited September 2017

Original George looked better. His wrinkles and facial features are better defined. New Geroge is smoother looking, and to me his limbs are big. Just because a person is overweight doesn't make their limbs like super large. He's almost like one of those villains from the comics who are overweight. Kind of gargantuan in proportion.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,153

I prefer G3M George, too. It is the lips of G8M George that don't seem quite right to me. (I haven't purchased the G8M version though, so my impression is only based on promos and the few other renders I've seen.)

• DeepseaDeepsea Posts: 119

Good day

Here are some details about the new version of George HD for Genesis 8 Male.
    as George HD for Genesis 3 Male George is entirely created with Zbrush.
    I did not want to make a perfect copy of the original, I wanted to make a new character more natural, more realistic and more expressive.
    The new generation Genesis 8 Male offers fantastic HD expressions and I wanted to make the best use of this novelty.
    The topology of the face is optimized to use these expressions which explains why you feel that the face is less detailed. The details are just not in the same place. The result of this new sculpture offers more realistic expressions thanks to this new topology.
    If you want to use the original shape of george's face, this product comes with two faces. The new and the original George for Genesis 3 Male face morph. 

Thank you for loving George. Deepsea

George G3G8 Body Front.jpg
    1231 x 1231 - 300K
    George G3G8 Body Side.jpg
    1231 x 1231 - 209K
    George G3G8 Head Front.jpg
    1233 x 1233 - 453K
    George G3G8 Head Side.jpg
    1233 x 1233 - 387K
    George expression 1.jpg
    2500 x 1000 - 206K
    George Expression 2.jpg