Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

1111213141517»

Comments

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

I have also tried Fit Control for G8/8.1F on the developer version of G8.1F and it works for that character, just not for the basic versions od G8F and G8.1F.

shingureee,

Did you look under teh Actors section in the parameters tab? It should have a sub-section called Fit Control.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited February 13

The morphs in here have same name as Fit Control. They need to be deleted or renamed.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Barry Graham/Product/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thanks Zev0. I will delete them and hopefully that will work.  I was looking at that and was wondering why they were created in that folder. Do you have any idea why that may have happened? And do you know why Fit Control would work with the developer version of G8.1F and not the basic version?

No idea why. Regardless those morphs should not be there.

Ok. Thanks for your help Zev0, I appreciate it. I'll be glad to get this working agin as the fit contril products are one of my goto utilities that I make use of all the time.

NPyes

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 34

Heya!  I like the product and concept but I have a question:  Do you plan on doing an update for 8.1 items?  I'd really like to be able to use this for some of the clothing that is (unfortunately) 8.1 specific...

• That should work fine

greywolf said:

Heya!  I like the product and concept but I have a question:  Do you plan on doing an update for 8.1 items?  I'd really like to be able to use this for some of the clothing that is (unfortunately) 8.1 specific...

Hi. This product works with 8.1. What specific item is not working?

edited February 16

Zev0, I have removed the files as instructed but I am still getting a Daz Studio crash when I close the pop-up dialogue box that says the morphs have been added. I have attached the latest log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by nabob21 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

nabob21 said:

Thanks Zev0. I will delete them and hopefully that will work.  I was looking at that and was wondering why they were created in that folder. Do you have any idea why that may have happened? And do you know why Fit Control would work with the developer version of G8.1F and not the basic version?

Most likely the creator of that product has included the morphs in their product by mistake. Your latest log file still shows some morphs in that location. 

Hi PerttiA,

Yes, there are still some files in that location and I did try removing all of them, but it had no impact on the Daz Studio crashing issue. I have even uninstalled and re-installed Fit Control but with no success.

After lots of trial and error I think I have found out what is causing the crashing. There appears to be some kind of conflict between the Fit Control for G8/8.1F product and a character called "GN Nancy for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females" (https://www.daz3d.com/gn-nancy-for-genesis-8-and-81-females). I purchased that product just over a month ago but I wasn't expecting a character morph to be causing the issue. Anyway, long story short, I removed the character and now my Fit Control appears to be working like it should.

I am continuing to have the problem where certain character morphs seem to be conflicting with Fit Control and causing Daz Studio to crash when the final Fit Control Pop-up window appears and I click 'Okay' to close it. Removing the characters fixes the issues, but why would character morphs cause this to happen, and why now? It is costly to purchase these characters and then find out I cannot use them since not all of them are from Daz3D. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

edited April 15

Hi. Clear your log file..Load one of these characters and then use fit control. Send me new log when the issue happens. I just tested gn nancy and it worked fine on my side.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Hello Zev0,

Thanks for looking into this again. I did as you asked and I have attached the log file you asked for.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Hi..Please send me a PM......

I sent a message as requested.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692

I LOVE Fit Control!!

Here is the new log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Here is the latest log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

I have removed the files that were duplicates and re-installed the Fit Control Add-On but still have the crashes when certain characters remain installed. Herre is the latest log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt