Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

I'm not seeing any notification for an update in DIM or DazCentral. If I manually download and install the files again, will they be the updated version?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Yes just check that it is 1.4

• Just downloaded and installed the newest version. still crashes the program immediately after clicking "ok". I'm probably in the minority now with it crashing.

• aliquisaliquis Posts: 2

I'm using this for the first time. I select the figure, click on add morphs to item, then select which clothing items I want to apply it to. I get the message saying the morphs have been applied and the log says the script was executed successfully. However, although I can see the pre-existing morphs under the shaping tab, I can't see the Fit Control morphs anywhere.

I've tried reinstalling DAZ, also installing the base G8 figure, an item of clothing and Fit Control in a new folder, as suggested to someone earlier in the thread, but it didn't work then either.

I previously used the G3 version (which was fantastic!) and it's still working fine.

• aliquisaliquis Posts: 2

Hah! In fact ignore that. I was missing a parameters tab and was looking in every other tab in vain - added it in and all sorted.

• any plans to update for V8.1 ?

Version 1.4 latest release works fine on 8.1.

• Sorry if I missed it in this thread: what is the Add Morphs to Item script specifically checking when it determines whether an object should be excluded from the Follower List? Or, in other words, how does the script know to exclude items that already have some Fit Control morphs applied, and is there a way around that other than removing all the morphs?

For example, if I add Fit Control to a particular item, spin some of those dials, delete the unused morphs, and then try to add the rest of the morphs back in later using this script, the item doesn't appear on the Follower List. Is the script checking to see if even a single Fit Control morph is already applied to an item, or is there another method of identifying this? Is there some way around this so I can get an item that already has a few Fit Control morphs applied to appear on this list? I never save a scene without deleting unused Fit Control morphs first, because of how much extra time it takes to save if I don't do this, but sometimes I make more changes later and need to add the other FC morphs back in for additional adjustments.

Thanks.

edited October 2021

"Sorry if I missed it in this thread: what is the Add Morphs to Item script specifically checking when it determines whether an object should be excluded from the Follower List? Or, in other words, how does the script know to exclude items that already have some Fit Control morphs applied, and is there a way around that other than removing all the morphs?"

Hi. It scans to see if any existing Fit Control Morphs are already present on item. If that is the case it will not repopulate in the add to list. The only way to get it to appear there again is to remove all Fit Control morphs on item. Unfortunately there is no way around this.

What you can do instead, is apply Fit Control to that item, and save that particular item as a scene subset. Just drag it out of the figure group and make sure it is in root of scene tab (still fitted to figure ofcourse), eg not nested under the figure, then save as scene subset with just that item selected. Now that item with your specific setup can be loaded without you having to edit the source item each time in your scene.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • UHFUHF Posts: 512

I'm using Kayden 8.1 and version 1.4 of your script says he's not Genesis Male 8.1.

I did use UV Swap, and Swapping back to male surface textures clears it up.  That's probably useful for anyone else struggling with this... 

Works fine here.

Capture.JPG
    1488 x 927 - 97K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

I gave it a try with G8.1 female and changed to several different UV choices in the Surfaces pane drop down list. UV didn't seem to have any impact at all. Fit Control worked fine regardless of UV. @UHF did you swap UVs some way other than in the surfaces pane?

• Hi, I recently purchased the addon but have been unable to get it to work with any clothing item at all. I get an "error opening file" after hitting accept in the fit control script. Any idea why this might be? I've attached a log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • Hi,

I just bought the "Fit Control for Genesis 8 Female(s)" but when I try to use it on my genesis 8 character I get a "Please select Genesis 8.1 Female and try again."

Could you please advise? 

Is the figure selected? The figure has to be selected in order for the script to work.

• unorthodoxcreative said:

Hi, I recently purchased the addon but have been unable to get it to work with any clothing item at all. I get an "error opening file" after hitting accept in the fit control script. Any idea why this might be? I've attached a log file.

If you open the Edit menu, then the Figure sub-menu, is there an entry for Transfer Utility?

• Recently purchased the bundle for 3 an 8 male and female but after installing in the smart content I only have scripts for G3F. When I try running the script it tells me select a G3 character.

• justindail311 said:

Recently purchased the bundle for 3 an 8 male and female but after installing in the smart content I only have scripts for G3F. When I try running the script it tells me select a G3 character.

Bundles are separate products grouped together, each with its own installer. Are you sure you installed all of them? Note that scripts are often not written in a way that is compatible with installing through Daz Studio.

• That was my fault. I didnt realize when i purchased I got the addon pack instead.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2022

Just bought this (and the add-on) and I'm probably asking something that has already been answered but I don't have the time to wade through hundreds of posts so, apologies if it has been discussed.

I noticed that the load times (and DAZ Studio shutdown time) have become significantly longer when I have these morphs loaded. I can see there is a way to remove morphs not being used but this doesn't allow for selective removal. I want to keep all the morphs relevant to, say, a skirt but remove all those that deal with underwear or tops or pants, etc. I don't want to remove all the non-active morphs because I might need to apply some of them for the next pose or scene.

Am I missing something obvious?

Post edited by marble on

marble said:

Just bought this (and the add-on) and I'm probably asking something that has already been answered but I don't have the time to wade through hundreds of posts so, apologies if it has been discussed.

I noticed that the load times (and DAZ Studio shutdown time) have become significantly longer when I have these morphs loaded. I can see there is a way to remove morphs not being used but this doesn't allow for selective removal. I want to keep all the morphs relevant to, say, a skirt but remove all those that deal with underwear or tops or pants, etc. I don't want to remove all the non-active morphs because I might need to apply some of them for the next pose or scene.

I don't think you are missing anything. You could dial all the ones you want to keep to a very small value, like .1% and then delete the unused ones.

barbult said:

marble said:

I don't think you are missing anything. You could dial all the ones you want to keep to a very small value, like .1% and then delete the unused ones.

That's a workaround I hadn't thought of. Maybe Zev0 will consider adding selectable removal? 

edited January 2022

Hi. Sorry not gonna do that. Product is what it is. This product was extremely complex to develop and I am not gonna mess with it anymore with features that can be worked around.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2022

Zev0 said:

Hi. Sorry not gonna do that. Product is what it is. This product was extremely complex to develop and I am not gonna mess with it anymore with features that can be worked around.

Well, at least the workaround works. Just select the needed parameters in Edit mode and set the value to 0.001 then use the Fit Control script "Delete Unused Morphs" to remove all the excess.

Thanks  @barbult for that suggestion.

Post edited by marble on

marble said:

Zev0 said:

Well, at least the workaround works. Just select the unwanted parameters in Edit mode and set the value to 0.001 then use the Fit Control script "Delete Unused Morphs" to remove all the excess.

Always happy to help!

edited January 2022

barbult said:

marble said:

Zev0 said:

Well, at least the workaround works. Just select the unwanted parameters in Edit mode and set the value to 0.001 then use the Fit Control script "Delete Unused Morphs" to remove all the excess.

Always happy to help!

I did an oops ... I said "unwanted" when I meant the ones you wish to remain. Fixed now. 

Post edited by marble on
  • Hi there, yesterday I purchased Fit Control for Genesis 8/8.1 but when I try to apply it to my model (Genesis 8) Daz just crashes. Tried it several times now. And when I try to apply it direclty to a clothing piece it says select model Genesis 8.1.

(I'm a very bloody newbie to Daz.)

• You. Are. Awsome.

I just spent four hours trying to do what this does and failing miserably. Thank you for saving me another 12 or so.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,736

Does this work with 8.1? This was my first time attempting to apply it to 8.1, and Studio crashed.

Hi. Version 1.4 of product supports genesis 8.1.