Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,736

Sevrin said:

xyer0 said:

I upgraded to 4.20, and my Fit Control for Genesis 8.1 Female is broken. I have Duplicate File errors; could that have something to do with Fit Control crashing after it applies the morphs?

How did you install FC?  Do you have the lastest version?  It works fine for me, but I'm on the current version.

Sorry, @Sevrin, for the late response. I use DIM whenever possible. I'll double check the version. Thanks. 

• I cannot seem to get Fit Control for Genesis 8 Male(s) to work on a Genesis 8.1 male figure no matter what I try. The 8.1 update does seems to work fine for my female figures. I have already attempted to uninstall and reinstall but no luck. 

Fit_Control_not_working.png
    2559 x 1263 - 1M
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Perhaps this script will help. It's a freebie, and it should change the G8.1M identity to G8M.

dsa
    dsa
    Switch G8.1M to G8M Script.dsa
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited August 2022

pauljgibson1978 said:

I cannot seem to get Fit Control for Genesis 8 Male(s) to work on a Genesis 8.1 male figure no matter what I try. The 8.1 update does seems to work fine for my female figures. I have already attempted to uninstall and reinstall but no luck. 

What version of the script are you running?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Just for reference, I am using version 4.7, which I installed with DIM, and it is working as expected on Genesis 8.1 Male.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 161023.jpg
    652 x 436 - 71K

I mean updated script version. In script header it should be 1.4

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Zev0 said:

I mean updated script version. In script header it should be 1.4

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Mine says 1.4 and it works fine on G8.1M

• I am also having an issue with morphs not appearing. With a Genesis 8.1 male selected having several clothing items fitted to it, the Add Morphs To Item script runs apparently successfully. Popup comes up, select the clothing items, apply, another popup says the morphs were successfully applied. However, the morphs do not appear in the Properties for any of the clothing items to which they should have been applied.

I have moved some of my content directories. Other than that, I have a standard, recent install of Daz Studio 4.20 Pro. Script version is 4.7 , from the hover text. 

• Update: The morphs apply and function as expected (which is, beautifully) to the Basic Wear Muscle Shirt which comes with the Genesis 8.1 male, they just are not applying to this specific outfit:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sheriff-uniform-and-props-for-genesis-8-males

Let me know what information I can collect for you.

edited August 2022

Thanks I'll have a look.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Further update: After successfully applying the morphs to the Basic muscle shirt, applying the morphs to the Sheriff Uniform shirt worked. Perhaps something gets copied when it's applied? Hopefully, that will give you some useful information. Great product, and very needed.

edited August 2022

Works just fine here..attached in zip is a video of me applying it.

zip
    zip
    2022-08-19 01-25-26.zip
    2M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Weird! It's working fine now after having applied the morphs to the undershirt. I wonder if it is something to do with the paths... how Daz Studio's paths work is baffling to me. Anyway, it is working beautifully now!

Cool glad its sorted.
  • Good day, 

I'm trying to use Fit Control on 8.1 Female "Dannika" and the following clothing items: BSA Jacket and Shirt from H&C Business Suit A and when I go to generate morphs nothing transfers/created. When I go to delete morphs it says there are none in follows attached to the figure. Also Summers End Shorts having the same issue on the figure.

• Depa3DDepa3D Posts: 22
    edited September 2022

Depa3D said:

Good day, 

I'm trying to use Fit Control on 8.1 Female "Dannika" and the following clothing items: BSA Jacket and Shirt from H&C Business Suit A and when I go to generate morphs nothing transfers/created. When I go to delete morphs it says there are none in follows attached to the figure. Also Summers End Shorts having the same issue on the figure.

I figured it out. The Fit Control base morphs on the figure had been disabled by Turbo Loader. All is well now.

Post edited by Depa3D on

Ah because I just tested and I had no issues so was very confused lol. Glad its sorted.

• I have been trying to follow the video in YouTube, but the same controls don't show up for me. The product installed fine, and I can find it in the content list, and supposedly apply it to clothing items. However, there are no adjusters as shown in the parameters tab. Please tell me what I'm missing. Thank you.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,083
    edited September 2022

lclaire said:

I have been trying to follow the video in YouTube, but the same controls don't show up for me. The product installed fine, and I can find it in the content list, and supposedly apply it to clothing items. However, there are no adjusters as shown in the parameters tab. Please tell me what I'm missing. Thank you.

Select the figure who is wearing the clothes. Find Fit Control in the Smart Content or content library. There will be an icon with a big + sig on it. Double-click. A dialog will pop up asking to what items you want to apply Fit Control. Select what you want, click okay. The adjustments now will show up.

Post edited by lou_harper on
  • Goofy question, but where do I find the sliders after using the utility? 

The utility seems to work, says "...morphs have been transferred...", but I don't see anything new in the Shaping tab.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

I usually click on the clothing item in the Scene Tab, and then go to the Parameters Tab. There should be lots of morphs there.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Is a G9 version in the works?

Ye there will be.
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,083

Zev0 said:

Ye there will be.

YAY! It's one of the most useful utilities. 

• lclairelclaire Posts: 28

BTW lou_harper, thank you for your help — I did find it.

• i'm having a deuce of a time making Fit Control work with fit control for gen 8 since i upgraded to daz 4.21 recently. 

it's similar to how i had problems before: i'd seclect g8.1f, run the script to transfer morphs, transfer completes and then when i click the button to acknowledge action, DAZ shuts dowon. 

issue does not appear to happen with g8f however. 

i redownloaded from DAZ and issue still happends when working with g8f.1 and i'm stumped. 

pic and log file included. 

zip
    zip
    pic_log.zip
    2M

Are you using version 1.5 of the product?

• it looks like 1.4 maybe. 

isn't the latest rev updated to the site? if not, were would i get?

Screenshot-2022-12-04-20191.png
    1500 x 900 - 496K

Yes latest is available here at daz. Simply redownload the product.

• i'm manually downloading it and dropping it in my content folder, copying over previous install. no change, including files.

do i have to use daz connect?