Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• mathiasdeckmanmathiasdeckman Posts: 113
    edited September 2020
    Zev0 said:

Thanks. So it crashes after you hit ok?

Yes. Immediately after.

nyrx99 said:

I'm seeing exactly the same crash as Mathias. I'm running 4.12 on Windows 10.

The issue seems to be related to the set of installed g8f character morphs. If I go into data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs and move all the folders to another directory, except DAZ 3D and Zev0, then I can successfully add the fit control morphs. I then start moving the folders back into the morphs folder in small groups. It continues to work for the first few groups of folders that I add back, but eventually it reaches a point where it starts failing again.

If I then move all the folders out again, but keep the group that caused it to start failing (and DAZ 3D and Zev0), then everything works ok. So that suggests that the problem isn't specific to those morph folders.

I guess it's either an issue with the number of morphs, or some problem with certain combination of morphs.

It seems you have both ends of the spectrum in terms of technology: me with Windows 7 and Daz 4.11 and nyrx99 with Windows 10 and Daz 4.12.

I may test to see what morphs are causing it for me. to maybe dial it down more specifically.

EDIT:  I just did some extensive testing. it's currently crashing with roughly 33,300 morphs installed in that folder. I'm gonna swap some out like nyrx99, see if i can't confirm it.

EDIT 2: nyrx99 is correct- it crashes after so many morphs have been added. I had around 33,400 files in the fold before it started crashing constantly.

Post edited by mathiasdeckman on
  • So i guess that's it then? To limit the number of morphs involved?

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2020

Only getting around now to looking at latest updates for Fit-Control & Addons for G8s.

Do the new scripts now exclude hair?  Or what changed?
    Read the updated PDF and scanned these forums, but so far just found "changes to scripts", and don't remember if previous referred to clothes and hair or not.
    Any technical details you could share? (so can decide better what to do about this potential upgrade for my usage of these handy scripts.)

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited October 2020

Hi. Do not apply to hair sets as they cause issues due to the amount of polygons they have. It is one of the reasons causing hanging. You can try it, but not recommended. Product was never designed for hair sets anyways.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2020

Was asking for clarification cos before the script would scan the hair products as eligible products.  Reading between the lines, sounds/Guessing that this product was revised to try and exclude hair from initial scan of all assets on figure.  Understood then and now not part of product intent.  Will labor on my own to see what works.  Thanks for product & upgrade.

Edit:  Just tried new script on figure equipped with a large number of outfits (most toggled visibility off).  Script was almost instant fast.  Dialing in changes just as fast.  Big improvement.  Way nicer to use.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,735

Script was almost instant fast.  Dialing in changes just as fast.  Big improvement.  Way nicer to use.

Thank you, Zev0, for giving us back your magnificent creation! It has made my Daz experience much more enjoyable because I can once again take for granted that I can "fix it with Fit Control."

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    xyer0 said:

Script was almost instant fast.  Dialing in changes just as fast.  Big improvement.  Way nicer to use.

Thank you, Zev0, for giving us back your magnificent creation! It has made my Daz experience much more enjoyable because I can once again take for granted that I can "fix it with Fit Control."

A lot of PAs should be grateful, too.  A lot of stuff is nearly unusable in poses without Fit Control.

edited October 2020

Thanks for the kind words:) To this day Fit Control is also my daily driverlaugh I'm just glad we were able to finally solve the crashing issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mathiasdeckmanmathiasdeckman Posts: 113
    edited October 2020
    Zev0 said:

Thanks for the kind words:) To this day Fit Control is also my daily driverlaugh I'm just glad we were able to finally solve the crashing issue.

does that include the morph limits issue?

EDIT: Nope, still crashes. So I wouldn't consider it solved.

Post edited by mathiasdeckman on
    edited October 2020

So far you are the only user reporting crashes.crying Everybody else who got the new version that had crashes before are now fine.indecision

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nyrx99nyrx99 Posts: 10
    Zev0 said:

So far you are the only user reporting crashes.crying Everybody else who got the new version that had crashes before are now fine.indecision

I'm also still getting the crash.

I've not had the time to dig any further to isolate the source, beyond my previous post.

Send me your log please. Also are you on mac or pc. Thanks

• nyrx99nyrx99 Posts: 10

Log file attached...

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • Zev0 said:

Ok? I also downloaded the latest version too, just to make sure there wasn't an update that I missed.  Like I said in my above post, its because of the amount of morphs I have loaded from various characters- and I'm sure there are others that have more morphs than I do. I would have to take out a third of my models for it not to crash anymore.

edited October 2020

"its because of the amount of morphs I have loaded from various characters- and I'm sure there are others that have more morphs than I do. I would have to take out a third of my models for it not to crash anymore."

There is nothing we can do about that if that is the case unfortunately. I see you on windows 7. I will need somebody with win10 to see if this happens as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

"its because of the amount of morphs I have loaded from various characters- and I'm sure there are others that have more morphs than I do. I would have to take out a third of my models for it not to crash anymore."

There is nothing we can do about that if that is the case unfortunately. I see you on windows 7. I will need somebody with win10 to see if this happens as well.

I kind of find that hard to believe, but whatever.  And there was someone with Windows 10, getting the crash because of number of morphs. back on page 10.

nyrx99 said:

I'm seeing exactly the same crash as Mathias. I'm running 4.12 on Windows 10.

The issue seems to be related to the set of installed g8f character morphs. If I go into data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs and move all the folders to another directory, except DAZ 3D and Zev0, then I can successfully add the fit control morphs. I then start moving the folders back into the morphs folder in small groups. It continues to work for the first few groups of folders that I add back, but eventually it reaches a point where it starts failing again.

If I then move all the folders out again, but keep the group that caused it to start failing (and DAZ 3D and Zev0), then everything works ok. So that suggests that the problem isn't specific to those morph folders.

I guess it's either an issue with the number of morphs, or some problem with certain combination of morphs.

I haven't dug into this any further because it would require extremely tedious and intensive testing. Plus i don't have that kind of time.

I'd think the crashes would have to be due to a certain combination of morphs rather than the number of morphs---if even the former is the cause---as I own every G8F morph pack/kit in this store and many from Renderosity as well as having at least 650 G8F characters installed.

edited November 2020
    Zev0 said:
    I kind of find that hard to believe, but whatever.  

We have no control as to how studio manages morphs populated on a figure. Do you get a crash when using on a default loaded figure with no added shape morphs?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xyer0 said:

I'd think the crashes would have to be due to a certain combination of morphs rather than the number of morphs---if even the former is the cause---as I own every G8F morph pack/kit in this store and many from Renderosity as well as having at least 650 G8F characters installed.

Contradicting statements. I don't think it's a combination of morph kits, but sheer number as my content library 'character' section exceeds that 650 by more than double, and that's not including the "HD" versions.

Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:
    I kind of find that hard to believe, but whatever.  

We have no control of how daz handles morphs loaded onto a figure. If your figure is too heavy there is nothing we can do about it if that is the case. Do you get a crash when using on a default figure with no added shape morphs?

I didn't say you had any control over how daz handles morphs. I stated that if it's a 'number limitation' problem pertaining to morphs, it can be overcome with programming unless somehow it is causing Daz to hit a hard number limit somewhere under the hood.

As I said before, when I exceed 33,000 morphs under the "data/daz 3d/Genesis 8/female/morphs" folder, it crashes. I currently have 50,000+ files in that particular folder (according to windows file counter). I tested from no morphs (just Daz 3D and yours as the previous person on page 10 stated) and added all the morph folders that started with 'A' and kept adding until it crashed.  Then I repeated what they did- took some out and added others starting from Z. I eventually found that it didn't matter which folders i put in there, it was around 33,300 that it caused Daz to crash out.

Coupled with what Xyer0 just said about combinations- if they own all morph packs, then I believe it's a sheer number limit.

xyer0 said:

Contradicting statements. I don't think it's a combination of morph kits, but sheer number as my content library 'character' section exceeds that 650 by more than double, and that's not including the "HD" versions.

I counted characters as morphs (which they are); hence, no contradiction. But over 1,300 G8F's was not a number I considered. It's a wonder you can even load G8F.

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Hi, 

Love the Fit Control Plug in. I have a request/suggestion, is it possible to have an option or an ability to adjust sleeve length as well? 
    Possibly for the Genesis 3 version as well? 

• xyer0 said:
    xyer0 said:

I counted characters as morphs (which they are); hence, no contradiction. But over 1,300 G8F's was not a number I considered. It's a wonder you can even load G8F.

*Raises Brow* I'm not following or maybe I haven't read over this enough to understand it. Do you own all the morph kits that aren't specific to characters but simply helper morphs?

• Hey Zev,

While I will say the new version is way better and has been working quite well for me, I got an error just now that I haven't had before. Unfortunately there is nothing in the log that I can send you and the Daz went to non-responding and grayed before I had to force close it so I couldn't screenshot either. 

I was adjusting a fit control parameter on the leg (I believe Thigh Adjust R under Underwear morphs) and moved the morph dial and the value changed to "nan" or "%nan%" and the pants I had applied it on basically moved so far off the figure I could just see a few polys from the pants on the waistline., I got control of daz back after it did this the first time and tried to 0 out the morph, but it just said "nan" and then daz locked up :/ 

Nothing weird happened before that and I had loaded fit control 5 minutes earlier and made adjustments using it, but no issues.

"dial and the value changed to "nan" or "%nan%" and the pants I had applied it on basically moved so far off the figure I could just see a few polys from the pants on the waistline., I got control of daz back after it did this the first time and tried to 0 out the morph, but it just said "nan" and then daz locked up :/ "

Never experienced that before. I will ask around.

• MeneerWolfmanMeneerWolfman Posts: 421
    edited November 2020
    Zev0 said:

Never experienced that before. I will ask around.

Thanks. I will say it's been incredibly stable and fast for me since the last update. I'm not sure if this helps any, but the pants in question are from this set over at Rendo: healthy&elegant dforce clothing for G8F. And I was using the latest beta from Daz 4.14.0.8

Post edited by MeneerWolfman on
  • edited December 2020

Hi Zev0,

Hi recently purchased the fit control Bundle for Genesis 8 Female and Male and having issues with it. Whenever, I select the figure and add the script and tells me to apply the script to the clothings of the figure, after I hit accept, nothing happens. The fit control morphs do not show up in the shaping pane for the clothing. It just shows the default morphs but not the fit control morphs  for both the basic tshirt and shorts.  As you can see, I have loaded a genesis 8 male figure with the default clothing from Daz but seems like the fit control morphs just doesn't show even after appling the morph. I also tried the morph for the genesis 8 female model but also does not work. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the daz studio software amd alos tried it in an entirely new scren but no luck. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled the fitcontrol bundle but no luck. I am currenlty on Daz Studio 14.14.0.10 Pro. I have attached two screenshots for your reference. Thanks!

Fit control wont show up in shaping pane.PNG
    3547 x 1631 - 668K
    fit control option does not show up in shaping panel.PNG
    742 x 1545 - 93K
    Post edited by jcyap90_5ac74f0b69 on
    edited December 2020

Hi. It should be working....Clear your log file, save it, then do the FC process again and send so it just has that info.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi Zev0,

Seems like I was looking at Surfaces pane instead of the Parameters Pane where the morphs are located. Thank you for your help!

AH ok cool.yes

• xyer0 said:

I have a lot of characters and morphs too. Is this thing still crashing or has it been fixed? I haven't tried it recently