The Out Of Work & Burnin’ Down The House Complaint Thread.

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...as I may have mentioned last night, it seems that unless you use the DIM to download your content first, it will not install anything as it has nothing to select from in it's Downlaods folder. So it's back to the old "one at a time" drill.

Who needs the DIM anyway? There are several reasons to stay away from it. That's one of them, picky picky. And I think it's a way they get out of letting us know what's been updated. "We don't have to tell you that, the DIM knows!"

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I like posting at the Daz forums. Do I have to prove it?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...you do so each time you do, or otherwise, you wouldn't.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...you do so each time you do, or otherwise, you wouldn't.

Fun! Cool! I like it!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

... three addicts in a row. Speaks for it self if you ask me.

edited December 1969

I think I should have gotten regular coffee instead of hot cocoa with decaf. I am starting to feel sleepy.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    So, why are there not zips? I thought everything was going to zips anyway! I've gotten some zips when I've reset something that was older.

Dana

Yes, older content was put in zips even before the release of DIM - as far as I know the long-term plan is still to move to zips for direct downloads too, but it hasn't yet happened.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    NON-COMPLAINT!

I AM NOW MARRIED! WOO!

CONGRATS!

CONGRATS!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

..ssssssshhhh, I'm really Daz's Bushido Cowgirl in disguise.

...have to keep up appearances and all that you know.

edited December 1969

Is my internet still working? If you see this then it is working.

edited December 1969

...yep, it's working.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Stormy day here, windy and dark but warm, a tropical storm brewing in distant thunderheads :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    NON-COMPLAINT!

I AM NOW MARRIED! WOO!

many many gratz and much confetti :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Ledhead said:
    Skiriki said:
    NON-COMPLAINT!

I AM NOW MARRIED! WOO!

Congratulations Skiriki! The wife and I just had our 15th anniversary. We only knew each other for 3 weeks and 2 dates before getting married. Forgive and forget is the key and the realization that it will kill you financially if you part ways. :-) I hope you have as successful of a marriage as we have.

39.5 years for Diane and me!

Dana

wow that's huge :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Stormy day here, windy and dark but warm, a tropical storm brewing in distant thunderheads :)

...been that way here today, but sans the "warm". Though saw a fantastically bright rainbow just a short while ago.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Ledhead said:
    Skiriki said:
    NON-COMPLAINT!

I AM NOW MARRIED! WOO!

Congratulations Skiriki! The wife and I just had our 15th anniversary. We only knew each other for 3 weeks and 2 dates before getting married. Forgive and forget is the key and the realization that it will kill you financially if you part ways. :-) I hope you have as successful of a marriage as we have.

39.5 years for Diane and me!

Dana

wow that's huge :)

Thanks, but...

Oops, I miscalculated. :red: I was a bit tired. It will be 39 years this coming September. Still big, though.

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

One month shy of 27 years here. Congrats, Skiriki, may you have even more happy married years than you've had happy unmarried ones.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Hee hee hee. Thanks, guis! :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...been that way here today, but sans the "warm". Though saw a fantastically bright rainbow just a short while ago.

Storm blew through a couple of hours ago, wow windy but not much rain at all :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2013

brrr bravo romeo romeo

Dear snowmaker elves ... IZ SPRING!!!

13021.jpg
    629 x 423 - 78K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Storm blew through a couple of hours ago, wow windy but not much rain at all :)

rainbows :)

wow winds :(

edited December 1969

brrr bravo romeo romeo

Dear snowmaker elves ... IZ SPRING!!!

c.png
    244 x 195 - 19K
    edited December 1969

First 64F day here, my buppy is in the tub for his Spring bath.

goodness, he's scruffy looking with his undercoat tuffs sticking out, but he still needs his undercoat.
    With the days being longer at least it was still light out by the i reached home last night, was able to take him for a nice walkie-poo in the park.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Good morning - don't get washed away!!! :gulp:

Sunny and mild here, maybe rain tomorrow. :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

add another addict, lol.

Addicts Complaint Thread?

tee hee

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

javajavajavajava Brewing espresso :) espresso casi está listo

espadrillas sounds edible. is it? lol
    Red Baron? Snoopy?

under my posts is shows me random links to threads. nothing i've clicked on.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah, DEMO DAY! The day when pre-ALPHA software has to be hacked, rigged, and faked into looking like a real product so a busload of suits from 2000 miles away can be impressed! I had one day of warning of DEMO DAY, wheee! :gulp:

A day of coming in at 7:00am to be immediately accosted by the boss and the hardware guy as it looks like they need some code changes to the BARELY WORKING AT ALL AND LIGHTLY TESTED software before a raft of BLOODY VPs see the stuff! :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

I guess no industry is immune from this idiocy. :blank: :blank: I've had this DEMO DAY lunacy since my first bloody programming job 31 years ago! bug: :bug: :bug: Don't people ever LEARN? :blank:

Bloody stupid annoying. Do professional writers have DEMO DAY? Oh heavens I hope not! :down:

edited December 1969

all that stuff in Dilbert is true ???

Snow Flurries are flurrying. lunch is apple pie and cranberry juice.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

*loachy complaints about DEMO DAY*...

_One_ day?! O.o... that's a bit unprofessional - those sorts of things are supposed to be _scheduled_... something to work towards (with a whole pile of canned "screens" or pre-prepared data even)... one day warning sounds like either somebody forgot to tell The Loach(tm) (because otherwise how do you get all those suits together for a "meeting" on a particular day), OR this is somebody playing politics hoping to embarress your boss...

*bleh* good luck! (^_^)x

(alternatively, it could be a backhanded compliment to your 1337 5k177z as a coder ;-)...).

Professional writers probably have 'book preview' days, or 'upcoming release interviews' and things... where they have to primp and pose themselves into photogenic desireability while dropping 'teasers' about all the excitement and Really Good Things in their latest prose >_<.</p>

This discussion has been closed.