The Out Of Work & Burnin’ Down The House Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    9 hour 4.86 kS/p Luxrender drop

did you visit the bra thread? :)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    9 hour 4.86 kS/p Luxrender drop

did you visit the bra thread? :)

of course I did. made a comment and everything.

edited December 1969

bus this mornings was a baby in a basket.

tried a surreptitious pic with my cell camera

male pattern baldness? - lost the hair thread.

malepattern.jpg
    256 x 246 - 28K
    babyinabasket.jpg
    606 x 465 - 55K
    edited December 1969

doh, someone finished their font prop project before i finished mine. oh well, mine is different. could prolly make it more different. idea germinates after 2nd cup of espresso. :)

i wasted a whole 3 day weekend messing with the new wings 1.4.1. learned a lot, but accomplished nothing.
    didn't test the Reality paint demo. didn't ... sigh

oh well, next next weekend is a 4-day weekend. if i don't get invited to Easter dinner, i'll have plenty of time to catch up on missed opportunity. Easter baskets with babies this year?

access or excel today, bravo lima alpha hotel

theyz went to the transmitter site today, i iz all alone. me and my plant Luissa. her leaves are perky this morning. i put her right next to my monitor.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Blech - another Tuesday staff beating erm MEETING. :blank: Managed to stay awake, though, somehow.

Warm outside, cold inside.. someone is playing with the A/C so it's swinging from kind of warmish to freaking frezing. :bug: Pretty annoying.

Tater soup for lunch today, I need to walk less if I ever want this foot to heal up. Urgh.

Test, test, debug, test code All Day. Long. The critical but boring part of product development.. :blank: Thankfully I have lots of coffee.

Broke down and bought the Salamander monster at Rendo. I just can't seem to resist monsters! :red:

Numbers go up.. numbers go down.. system isn't crashing.. things keep working. Good so far...

edited December 1969

Tater soup sounds tasty. :)

Pufnstuf is a salamander.

it's raining buckets outside. no rainbows. no rainbows, no gold at the end of the rainbow.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

OMG OMG OMG OMG IT IS HAPPENING TOMORROW OMG OMG OMG

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

might want to cut back on caffine till AFTER the wedding.

edited December 1969

I'M JUST RUNNING IN CIRCLES AND SQUEEING, GUIS!

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

SQUEEEEEEEEE OVERLOADDDDDDDDDDDD!!! :bug: :bug: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I'd advise you to calm down, but you're so much fun when you get like this! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPfW0Wc5hxI

edited December 1969

Oh and I just spotted a product for DAVID 5.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Blech - another Tuesday staff beating erm MEETING. :blank: Managed to stay awake, though, somehow.

Warm outside, cold inside.. someone is playing with the A/C so it's swinging from kind of warmish to freaking frezing. :bug: Pretty annoying.

Tater soup for lunch today, I need to walk less if I ever want this foot to heal up. Urgh.

Test, test, debug, test code All Day. Long. The critical but boring part of product development.. :blank: Thankfully I have lots of coffee.

Broke down and bought the Salamander monster at Rendo. I just can't seem to resist monsters! :red:

Numbers go up.. numbers go down.. system isn't crashing.. things keep working. Good so far...

beatings.jpg
    300 x 150 - 46K
    edited December 1969

AAAAHH weddings :-)

i'm eating tomato soup and wearing a white shirt. odds favor the soup winning lol

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Something to squee about loud :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

bus this mornings was a baby in a basket.

tried a surreptitious pic with my cell camera

male pattern baldness? - lost the hair thread.

Whoa look freezing brrrr :)

• SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Can I come and eat the cake, steal the bouquet, that sort of things?

(Also squee & congratulations, again.) :-)

edited December 1969

journey bound, cyas at the other end of the bus line :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...not sure if Studio supports a "swap drive". I know Carrara does. Also again to use a Swap drive you need XP Pro, My old system only has XP Media Edition (which is basically XP Home with a few extras for media apps like Windows Media Player) so it does not support swap drives at all.

My notebook has 4G of DDR2 PC 667 in Dual channel mode so it's even slower. In comparison my workstation is DDR3 PC 1333 configured in Tri Channel mode

Anyway while a swap drive will give you more memory "overhead" against crashes, it is even slower than your on board RAM because of the port speed.

As your XP Pro is 32 bit, the most memory it can support for any single application is 3G with the "3GB switch" (that needs to be set in your INI). Any additional memory whether on a card or USB stick will offer no additional benefit.

I meant for the OS, not for DS or other appliations. And I never thought of it for XP, I know the limit is 3Gigs. I thought that having the extra RAM, even if it is external, would be better than not having it. And better than virtual memory on a hard drive. Surely USB3 is faster than that. And some of the newer SD memory cards are high capacity and high speed. I was only curious, as I have no money for upgrading to Windows 7 anyway.

Carrara Pro 7 at least can also use multiple PCs as a render farm. I forget how many it can be without getting an add-on (I think it's called The Grid). My desktop computer is the fastest in the house anyway, including a gigabit ethernet. But of course, I've never done anything with Carrara yet.

Dana

Did some of my best work on 32 bit platforms :)
    ...same here until the apps and content became too robust to support anymore. This is still is my all time fave.

I_wont_let_them_hurt_you.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 406K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Oh and I just spotted a product for DAVID 5.

...didn't need to hear that, especially after I dropped a half C note on a bunch of Howie Farkes sets for Carrara.
    edited March 2013

tjohn said:

[image] (see below)

...another good thing about semi-retirement, don't have to go through those anymore.

beatings.jpg
    300 x 150 - 8K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

it is raining and cold. I think my PlayStation 2 is so old that it is incompatible with dual layer DVD games. It plays DVD movies just fine. Maybe I should save money for a PlayStation 2 Slim console. At least I am able to play my other role playing games.

it comes in slim? :)

The slim PlayStation console does not include a hard drive bay. Also, the power supply is outside of the console, like a usual power "brick".

need to get off my lazy butt and look for a part-time job now that the weather is nice. most of the jobs that I found are either contract jobs or jobs for senior positions. just saying. maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

ok, bye

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    M$ and their Sneaky Complaint: When the heck did M$ start adding separate Update settings to files the Base Updates install? I was wondering how I was getting hit with Auto updates when I was set to Let me Install. Well they started adding Settings to Parts of the Updates. Some of them now need to be set to the Same settings as the Normal Updater. Silverlight just cost me a Hours long render last night.

Welcome to the world of everything is a separate App now. Thank you M$. I was not going Win8 just to avoid this.

i can't fathom what you're talking about here, but it sounds complaint worthy. :)Um... yea. That was sort of a What the HUH? Post wasn't it? I mean that Windows Updates now installs updates that have there own Update settings. I sneaky way to by pass the Default Updater that I have set to let me Decide when to install. I have found three things installed that now have there own settings. As if they are not part of the main Windows Updates anymore. So those three parts of Windows are now separate App's all to there self's. And they run the Windows Update all by there self's now. As more things become App's the more things we will have to hunt down and set preferences for. No more one setting controls it all. The Windows OS is going App driven and each little part now has to be set up with it's own prefs.

Rant Over....

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Squee's with Ski. Happy for ya.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

This started out as a sketch with no real goal in mind at all, and then I started painting and stuff...

This was the result XD
    Spent about an hour and thirty minutes on the picture, and tried some things I've never tried before ^_^

snake-nom3.jpg
    1411 x 1000 - 180K
    edited December 1969

...OK in the "got stoned & I missed it" category

...received an email from the Norewescon Science Fiction convention. with my registration confirmation for the upcoming event at the end of the month.

OK? I don't remember actually pre-registering, however apparently I have a full four day membership and the confirmation number for registration. Now while I did express interest at the end of last year's convention in attending again though wasn't sure I could get the time off from work again so I thought I didn't confirm I was going to attend.

Well, now since the vacation time issues is moot. Looks like I've got a convention to attend.

In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, Surprise Surprise".

Found a nice very inexpensive place to stay for the three nights only a block away from the main convention hotel. Can't take the train this time as I needed to make those reservations a couple weeks in advance to get the best fare, however there is this new service called BoltBus between Portland and Seattle which is less than 50$ round trip and is non stop (just over three hours travel time each way). Oh there is the matter of getting from downtown to the SeaTac area but they do have this spiffy new light rail service (that actually makes sense compared to ours here in Portland) which takes only about twenty five minutes.

...wow.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

need to get off my lazy butt and look for a part-time job now that the weather is nice. most of the jobs that I found are either contract jobs or jobs for senior positions. just saying. maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

ok, bye

That's the same situation I hit all the time. I have low self esteem and low confidence in my skills in this new stuff, and so contract is out of the question...they usually want you to hit the ground running...same for senior position, even though I've been a programmer since 1991.

:down:

Dana

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    M$ and their Sneaky Complaint: When the heck did M$ start adding separate Update settings to files the Base Updates install? I was wondering how I was getting hit with Auto updates when I was set to Let me Install. Well they started adding Settings to Parts of the Updates. Some of them now need to be set to the Same settings as the Normal Updater. Silverlight just cost me a Hours long render last night.

Welcome to the world of everything is a separate App now. Thank you M$. I was not going Win8 just to avoid this.

i can't fathom what you're talking about here, but it sounds complaint worthy. :)

Um... yea. That was sort of a What the HUH? Post wasn't it? I mean that Windows Updates now installs updates that have there own Update settings. I sneaky way to by pass the Default Updater that I have set to let me Decide when to install. I have found three things installed that now have there own settings. As if they are not part of the main Windows Updates anymore. So those three parts of Windows are now separate App's all to there self's. And they run the Windows Update all by there self's now. As more things become App's the more things we will have to hunt down and set preferences for. No more one setting controls it all. The Windows OS is going App driven and each little part now has to be set up with it's own prefs.

Rant Over....

sentient apps? haven't they watched the Terminators movies?

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    This started out as a sketch with no real goal in mind at all, and then I started painting and stuff...

This was the result XD
    Spent about an hour and thirty minutes on the picture, and tried some things I've never tried before ^_^

Cool.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK in the "got stoned & I missed it" category

...received an email from the Norewescon Science Fiction convention. with my registration confirmation for the upcoming event at the end of the month.

OK? I don't remember actually pre-registering, however apparently I have a full four day membership and the confirmation number for registration. Now while I did express interest at the end of last year's convention in attending again though wasn't sure I could get the time off from work again so I thought I didn't confirm I was going to attend.

Well, now since the vacation time issues is moot. Looks like I've got a convention to attend.

In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, Surprise Surprise".

Found a nice very inexpensive place to stay for the three nights only a block away from the main convention hotel. Can't take the train this time as I needed to make those reservations a couple weeks in advance to get the best fare, however there is this new service called BoltBus between Portland and Seattle which is less than 50$ round trip and is non stop (just over three hours travel time each way). Oh there is the matter of getting from downtown to the SeaTac area but they do have this spiffy new light rail service (that actually makes sense compared to ours here in Portland) which takes only about twenty five minutes.

...wow.

Shazayum! :red: Go-u-olllleee!

Dana

This discussion has been closed.