Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    MotoTsume said:
    mylochka, might want to redo that banner - I think Artists is spelled wrong.

Good catch -- Dog has afflicted me with dyslexia, I'm afraid... However, the system won't let me change the banner. I remove the old one. Load the new, corrected one (that has a different name). But the old one still displays. If an admin is reading -- help!

One suggestion I have is to have the banner under a different name and try uploading that file.

Sounds like DAZ's system isn't updating as needed

-Paul

• edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    Bob the Klingon is looking great! What hair model is that?

Don't you ever check your P.M.s, mylochka?! :coolhmm:

The hair for Bob is... drumroll please... V3 Ultimate Hair.

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    mylochka said:
    MotoTsume said:
    mylochka, might want to redo that banner - I think Artists is spelled wrong.

Good catch -- Dog has afflicted me with dyslexia, I'm afraid... However, the system won't let me change the banner. I remove the old one. Load the new, corrected one (that has a different name). But the old one still displays. If an admin is reading -- help!

One suggestion I have is to have the banner under a different name and try uploading that file.

Sounds like DAZ's system isn't updating as needed

-Paul

I've tried several different names. I think it may be a problem with the system.

edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    Bob the Klingon is looking great! What hair model is that?

Don't you ever check your P.M.s, mylochka?! :coolhmm:

The hair for Bob is... drumroll please... V3 Ultimate Hair.

Ooops, sorry! They should make that notification icon flash or something to get your attention.

Ultimate hair? Wow! I would have never have recognized it. Nice work!

• Paul PettyPaul Petty Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Only 5 days left
    http://www.indiegogo.com/phase2fall?c=activity

Help us make more trek

edited December 1969

pettyp said:
    Only 5 days left
    http://www.indiegogo.com/phase2fall?c=activity

Help us make more trek

What a co-incidence! I was just catching up on Phase II episodes on Saturday night...

This clip has me very excited about seeing the new episodes -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xim_PuEgRRc

Arex! Arex! Arex!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

mylochka said:
    This clip has me very excited about seeing the new episodes -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xim_PuEgRRc

Arex! Arex! Arex!

Ooohyes, that's a great short piece. Great to see Arex, but I can't help wondering... could the SFX budget stretch to giving us M'ress?
    edited December 1969

I'll ask LOL

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

I've been quite enjoying Phase Two....MUCH better than that 'thing' Abrams made. :P

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

I got to play one of the Tellarite background players in a hallway scene, back in 2005, before they'd renamed themselves as Phase II. Blink and you'll miss me. [grin]

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Thalek said:
    And for the people with recent versions of Poser, SR3.1 recently came out.

I wonder if they've finally disconnected their spy building reflection map from light 1? I have to go in and do it everytime I bring Poser 9 up.
    Then, too, the last update reset all of my personal settings back to default, I had to go in and reset everything from scratch.

? Are you talking about the IBL light? Hmmm, never looked too closely at the map - "spy building?" ;).

I've never had an update reset my personal settings; I just have everything set up to go to my chosen default state, and if you set the lights how you want them, then set that as your default, you should be able to get rid of the 'spy building' permanently.

In certain circumstances, I kind of like the default light set, for the way it seamlessly blends the ground into the background. I'd like to see a script or something, though, that lets the user choose a color scheme, and it would set the ground, background and light colors/intensities so that one could duplicate the effect without being limited to "neutral" as the only background color. Would be great for promo shots!

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

It reset my settings as well when I updated prior to the current service pack release...

David

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Thalek said:
    And for the people with recent versions of Poser, SR3.1 recently came out.

I wonder if they've finally disconnected their spy building reflection map from light 1? I have to go in and do it everytime I bring Poser 9 up.
    Then, too, the last update reset all of my personal settings back to default, I had to go in and reset everything from scratch.

? Are you talking about the IBL light? Hmmm, never looked too closely at the map - "spy building?" ;).

I've never had an update reset my personal settings; I just have everything set up to go to my chosen default state, and if you set the lights how you want them, then set that as your default, you should be able to get rid of the 'spy building' permanently.

In certain circumstances, I kind of like the default light set, for the way it seamlessly blends the ground into the background. I'd like to see a script or something, though, that lets the user choose a color scheme, and it would set the ground, background and light colors/intensities so that one could duplicate the effect without being limited to "neutral" as the only background color. Would be great for promo shots!

When you first bring Poser 9 up, it brings up 4 basic work lights. Light number 1 always has that reflection map attached to it- at least it does on my system.

edited December 1969

That's an IBL (image-based-lighting) map. I've never actually experimented to see if it affects reflections, but I've definitely seen its effects when I changed the light to a spot! ;)

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    That's an IBL (image-based-lighting) map. I've never actually experimented to see if it affects reflections, but I've definitely seen its effects when I changed the light to a spot! ;)

Before I figured out what it was, I've seen it plaster that map all over an entire room.%-P

edited December 1969

Any TNG era ships with a sphere instead of a saucer available?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

None that I have seen. I am not sure what I have sitting on my HDD either so i might have one, i dont know.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

None that I have seen. I am not sure what I have sitting on my HDD either so i might have one, i dont know.

What about Captain Crusher's medical ship from the final episode? Seems like I saw a verison of that floating around somewhere.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:

What about Captain Crusher's medical ship from the final episode? Seems like I saw a verison of that floating around somewhere.

I thought so too but i dont remember where or if I tried converting it yet.

edited October 2012

Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:

Found it. STMC has it in ,max :

http://www.trekmeshes.ch/

It's the first ship of the fourth group you click to.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:

If there's one for Daz/Poser, I'll be happy

edited October 2012

mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:

If there's one for Daz/Poser, I'll be happy

This is the only one I've seen- and it would have to be comverted.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

Check out the new origins trailer

http://www.indiegogo.com/phase2fall?c=home

edited December 1969

pettyp said:

Looks like their verison's going to be closer to the mark than Abrams'. Course almost anything would be closer than Abrams'.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    pettyp said:

Looks like their verison's going to be closer to the mark than Abrams'. Course almost anything would be closer than Abrams'.

Well, Cawley, like myself, hates the JJ stuff, and even in one of the videos he made, talking to a cg artist, wanted to see that ugly thing get blown up. But this is almost as good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1nvmDjofo

• AndypAndyp Posts: 31
    edited October 2012

dang what is with all the TOS trumps all, and everything else sucks talk thats been going on the past few pages. I say any trek is better than no trek.

Post edited by Andyp on
    edited December 1969

dang what is with all the TOS trumps all, and everything else sucks talk thats been going on the past few pages. I say any trek is better than no trek.

True- when it's done right.

edited October 2012

Not really, it's just a "JJ Trek Sucks!" and I am one of those folks who feels that way myself.

to me, if Trek needs to become like what JJ did to make it survive, I don't it deserves to survive. Felt nothing like Trek to me.

Post edited by TheCastellan on
  • AndypAndyp Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

true but there are some people in this forum that didn't mind a new take on it, and even people who like ENT, VOY, DS9, and TNG. to see from every post from the same handful of people saying i hate this because it's not TOS, it gets old, and discourages people from participating in this forum discussion, which is supposed to be all era's of trek.

edited December 1969

I'd have to disagree with that, in ENT's case - for me, that was 4 years and millions of dollars wasted, damaging the TV franchise in the process and bringing it to a screeching halt. While I'm not a big fan of JJTrek, it's a reasonable popcorn flick, with a lot of fun scenes in search of a cohesive story (and we can't say that ENT didn't prevent JJTrek from being greenlighted, as Paramount and CBS had already split the film and TV franchises). Rarely would I say that "any is better than none at all," unless it's either sex or pizza ... ;) (because, honestly, has anyone not at least enjoyed even the worst of either of those? :cheese:)

This discussion has been closed.