Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    "Tzenkethi skin tones range from pale green, through yellow and orange, to bright red. In addition, they give off a faint glow, thought to be a natural phosphorescent effect of the skin. They have ovoid-shaped eyes, voices that sound like bells, and are described as being very tall and visually attractive to most other races, even non-humanoid ones. Their skin carries a slight electric charge, giving other individuals a tingling sensation upon physical contact. This charge can be intensified at will to painful levels for the receiver. They are also capable of carrying and transmitting diseases to others while remaining unaffected themselves."

How would you model one?

First of all are there any pics of these beings?

nope, just the descriptions from the books. They feature large in the new books against the Typhon Pact.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Shows how long it's been since I've read a Star Trek Novel. :roll: Which series is this for?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Shows how long it's been since I've read a Star Trek Novel. :roll: Which series is this for?

In the current TNG/DS9 universe an alliance of governments called the Typhon Pact has formed in opposition against the Federation: The Romulan Star Empire, The Breen Confederacy, The Tholian Assembly, The Gorn Hegemony, the Tzenkethi and the Holy Order of the Kinshaya.

The Cardassians, Ferengi and Klingons have formed an alliance with the Federation and signed the Khitomer Accords.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

only ST novels I have ever read are the original series novels and the animated series novels as well as a couple of David Gerrold books.

edited December 1969

That's me. I tried reading NG and DS9- I have a few Voyager and the novelization for the Enterprise pilot- but they just didn't seem as good. I think the best TOS novel is one of the early ones- "Uhura's Song". I've read it so many times, I've about worn my copy out.

edited December 1969

I really loved the Animated series novels

and James Blish did an awesome job on the TOS ones

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    I really loved the Animated series novels

and James Blish did an awesome job on the TOS ones

Considering he worked from what was supposed to be final shooting scripts. They made so many changes on the studio floor- as they filmed- some of the "final" scripts were different from what ended up on film- not all of the changes were written down and it showed in his adaptions.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited October 2012

TimG said:
    "Tzenkethi skin tones range from pale green, through yellow and orange, to bright red. In addition, they give off a faint glow, thought to be a natural phosphorescent effect of the skin. They have ovoid-shaped eyes, voices that sound like bells, and are described as being very tall and visually attractive to most other races, even non-humanoid ones. Their skin carries a slight electric charge, giving other individuals a tingling sensation upon physical contact. This charge can be intensified at will to painful levels for the receiver. They are also capable of carrying and transmitting diseases to others while remaining unaffected themselves."

How would you model one?

With no Pictures your pretty free to go with your own imagination. I like the sound of yellow skin . My own take
    Tzenkethi.jpg
    917 x 763 - 140K
    Post edited by jaguarry3 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    I think the best TOS novel is one of the early ones- "Uhura's Song". I've read it so many times, I've about worn my copy out.

I'd agree with that, and so would a lot of other people. It's a great pity Janet Kagan never returned to the Trekverse; I would have loved to read more of "How it happened when Tail-Kinker returned", and Brightspot is very definitely the alien character I'd most like to see on screen.

Although I will cheerfully admit to buying any Trek books by Diane Duane, Peter Morwood and Peter David because they're Diane, Peter and Peter. ;-)

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    I think the best TOS novel is one of the early ones- "Uhura's Song". I've read it so many times, I've about worn my copy out.

I'd agree with that, and so would a lot of other people. It's a great pity Janet Kagan never returned to the Trekverse; I would have loved to read more of "How it happened when Tail-Kinker returned", and Brightspot is very definitely the alien character I'd most like to see on screen.

Although I will cheerfully admit to buying any Trek books by Diane Duane, Peter Morwood and Peter David because they're Diane, Peter and Peter. ;-)

DD's "My Enemy, My Ally" is a good one ,too. I like "Ensign Rock". Did you know that at one point, when DC Comics had the rights to Star Trek, They wrote the Ensign in?

• DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    a possible SFMC uniform

Love this. Are you planning on sharing it? I have MACO's in my Starship Saladin film and this would be nice to add to them. For shipboard uniforms, I've been using a standard TOS uniform but in green, with silver rank braid and a silver-backed patch with an Omega emblem on it.

I've been using Major Cache for armored uniforms/spacesuits.

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

the pants are the tos pants by JamesJAB with tos trans for the pants

shirt is the tos shirt with the cadet m4v trans by mylochka

the pattern i just found on a website dont have website anymore but would send it if pm email

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

if interested the space suit is here http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/space-suit-for-m4/93787 for $12.99 by simon 3d

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Has this model been converted yet?

http://fav.me/d5idyn1

edited October 2012

Thought I would post a render so here is one :)

Decisions

decisions1-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 119K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

Updated Tzenkethi

Tzenkethi.jpg
    650 x 437 - 65K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

There seems to be a healthy glow to her . . .

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    There seems to be a healthy glow to her . . .

Electrifying even if the book description is correct

edited December 1969

A shocking discovery?

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Decisions

Great image, I love the reflection in the panel, and th ehallway is awesome!

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    here is a better picture of the Stellaford done in DS 4.5 Pro

larger version at deviantart

How do you get the parts with multiple textures, like the main hull, how do you get the metal texture AND the windows to work? I seem to only get one or the other.

edited October 2012

MotoTsume said:
    here is a better picture of the Stellaford done in DS 4.5 Pro

larger version at deviantart

How do you get the parts with multiple textures, like the main hull, how do you get the metal texture AND the windows to work? I seem to only get one or the other.

this model is strange in some ways in how it interact in Daz Studio

On the following 4 parts:(Decks, Main Hull, Nose, Stack)
    i have the diffuse colour set to white
    the ambient colour set to white and turned all the way up as well I have injected into the ambient slot
    the g version of the texture.

Note: for Decks Main Hull, Nose & Stack there are textures called:

decks_g
    nose_g
    mainhull_g
    stack_g

these are black testures with little white windows on them.

hope that helps :)

Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Decisions

Great image, I love the reflection in the panel, and th ehallway is awesome!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Some great poses here!

FREE Genesis Poses from LATICIS

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9837/

edited December 1969

And for the people with recent versions of Poser, SR3.1 recently came out.

edited October 2012

Thalek said:

I wonder if they've finally disconnected their spy building reflection map from light 1? I have to go in and do it everytime I bring Poser 9 up.
    Then, too, the last update reset all of my personal settings back to default, I had to go in and reset everything from scratch.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • edited December 1969

My latest W.I.P.

Bob the Klingon!

klingonwip02.jpg
    812 x 748 - 86K
    klingonwip01.jpg
    812 x 748 - 142K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Thalek said:

I wonder if they've finally disconnected their spy building reflection map from light 1? I have to go in and do it everytime I bring Poser 9 up.
    Then, too, the last update reset all of my personal settings back to default, I had to go in and reset everything from scratch.

Apparently not. I see it in Poser Pro 2012 as well. I wonder why they did that?

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    mylochka, might want to redo that banner - I think Artists is spelled wrong.

Good catch -- Dog has afflicted me with dyslexia, I'm afraid... However, the system won't let me change the banner. I remove the old one. Load the new, corrected one (that has a different name). But the old one still displays. If an admin is reading -- help!

edited December 1969

Bob the Klingon is looking great! What hair model is that?

This discussion has been closed.