MARCH MADNESS UPDATES!

Comments

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

I do hope the sales get a little more "mad", but for the moment I'm happy because I finally got DzFire's pickup truck bundle, which I've had my eye on for ages.

And if the sales are less mad overall, and I'm just more selective and only get things I really want as a result, so be it. :)

OT..I like Storypilot's Avatar!
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Anyone else notice the $0.00 items in the march madness sale section?

No, thanks for pointing that out! It was a painless way to turn a single item purchase from a 30% discount to 50% discount.
  • edited December 1969

That definitely helped thanks, but one more question, are the MM just the few new ones in the email and promo (I think there was 4) or the 649 when you click on the link. Because the MM items it says change everyday and some of them are old. Or is it that you need two of those specific few items which causes the rest of the list to be the 50+% off (mine would be 68.5 going by what you said). Because I had chosen a few from the 649 but not the newest and it didn't give me that much of a discount. Does that make sense?

N.b.: All 'off' references are relative to the list price.

If you are a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and you have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any which are MM DOs are 68.5% off.
    If you are a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and you have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any which are MM DOs are 65% off.
    If you aren't a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and have 2+ MM items in your cart, then all of them will be 55% off.
    If you aren't a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and have 2+ MM items in your cart, then all of them will be 50% off.
    If you have bought A5/GH, have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any MM PA items are 55% off.
    If you haven't bought A5/GH, have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any MM PA items are 50% off.

If you are a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 56% off.
    If you are a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 51% off.
    If you aren't a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 37% off.
    if you aren't a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 30% off.
    If you have bought A5/GH and have 1 MM PA item in your cart, it is 37% off.
    If you haven't bought A5/GH and have 1 MM PA item in your cart, it is 30% off.

I'm pretty sure that's the whole matrix. These are approximate percentages, but should be pretty close.

-- Morgan

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited March 2013

digitell said:
    I do hope the sales get a little more "mad", but for the moment I'm happy because I finally got DzFire's pickup truck bundle, which I've had my eye on for ages.

And if the sales are less mad overall, and I'm just more selective and only get things I really want as a result, so be it. :)

Why, thanks! :) Once upon a time I drew that for a blog I started called "Cute Things Being Eaten"... it had some nature documentary clips on it, that sort of thing. After a couple weeks, I decided it was too horrible, I couldn't watch anymore, and I stopped it. But I always liked the pic.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited March 2013

Greetings,

That definitely helped thanks, but one more question, are the MM just the few new ones in the email and promo (I think there was 4) or the 649 when you click on the link. Because the MM items it says change everyday and some of them are old. Or is it that you need two of those specific few items which causes the rest of the list to be the 50+% off (mine would be 68.5 going by what you said). Because I had chosen a few from the 649 but not the newest and it didn't give me that much of a discount. Does that make sense?

It should be _nearly_ the whole 649 list. So for instance, $2.99, $1.99, and free items will not discount, although they will bump you to the 50% level if they're paired with another MM item. (This is likely a bug, and will probably be fixed. sniff) The discount is only viewable in your Shopping Cart, not in the little drop-down on the store pages. The discount is off the list price, so if you feel like you're not seeing it, double-check the list price.

I admit, it's harder when you've got a more numerous mix of PA and DO items to figure out the total discount, because you have to separate by categories (PA/DO), sum the list prices, do the discounting per-category, and then sum the different categories, and compare to your bottom line. It's not a matter of 'have two DO items, and all PA and DO items are 68.5% off'. All PA items in your cart will be discounted one way (55% off, based on what you say) and all non-Value/PC/Free DO items will be discounted a different way (68.5% off, ibid).

That all said, if you're running into a specific couple of items where you feel the discount is wrong, feel free to post them up, and I'll try to run the numbers with them.

-- Morgan

p.s. For a concrete example, grabbing at semi-random a dynamic cocktail dress and a bunker I get two $12.95 items for a total of $25.90 list price. On my shopping cart page they show a total of $11.66. That's a 55% discount, which is correct because they're both PA items. None of the 'big 4' new items included. If I add Christmas Snowflake (oh god, WHY?! ;) ) it bumps up to $16.69. Christmas Snowflake is a DO, so I get it for 68.5% off of 15.95, or $5.02. $5.02 (DO @ 68.5%) + $11.66 (PA @ 55%) is within a penny (rounding error) of $16.69.

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

N.b.: All 'off' references are relative to the list price.

If you are a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and you have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any which are MM DOs are 68.5% off.
    If you are a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and you have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any which are MM DOs are 65% off.
    If you aren't a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and have 2+ MM items in your cart, then all of them will be 55% off.
    If you aren't a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and have 2+ MM items in your cart, then all of them will be 50% off.
    If you have bought A5/GH, have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any MM PA items are 55% off.
    If you haven't bought A5/GH, have 2+ MM items in your cart, then any MM PA items are 50% off.

If you are a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 56% off.
    If you are a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 51% off.
    If you aren't a PC member, have bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 37% off.
    if you aren't a PC member, haven't bought A5/GH, and have 1 MM DO in your cart, it is 30% off.
    If you have bought A5/GH and have 1 MM PA item in your cart, it is 37% off.
    If you haven't bought A5/GH and have 1 MM PA item in your cart, it is 30% off.

I'm pretty sure that's the whole matrix. These are approximate percentages, but should be pretty close.

-- Morgan

I trust by now in reading all this ... the noobies now know why this is called a madness sale! :-)

btw - what quirks in pricing may work for some and not others ... may or not have to do with previous purchases ... or just how much that March Hare luvs ya ;-)

Anybody seen the March Hare???

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    I mean really it's not march madness it's more like march slightly irritable.

Or March I-just-get-these-headaches...

Very different from the usual MM first day, nothing at all I fancied apart from stuff I bought when it first came out. Ah well, it is only the first day. Let's see what the next week is like.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

I trust by now in reading all this ... the noobies now know why this is called a madness sale! :-)

btw - what quirks in pricing may work for some and not others ... may or not have to do with previous purchases ... or just how much that March Hare luvs ya ;-)

Anybody seen the March Hare???

Heh! Yeah...so...quirks... The new prices (and items!) usually go live right after 11pm PST (midnight Utah time) but they almost never get the DO prices right when they first show up, so wait around half an hour or until they show up at '51%' for DO's if you're a PC member.

As for March Hare, isn't that what's in your profile pic...? Or is that the April Squirrel? ;)

-- Morgan

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

digitell said:

Why, thanks! :) Once upon a time I drew that for a blog I started called "Cute Things Being Eaten"... it had some nature documentary clips on it, that sort of thing. After a couple weeks, I decided it was too horrible, I couldn't watch anymore, and I stopped it. But I always liked the pic.
    Well...I dont think I would enjoy watching "Cute Things Being Eaten" (shivers) But your dragon image is very nice indeed! :)

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    twalling said:

Last year’s MM was my first, so is this a big change from the past? More just a wondering since buying things not wanted in numbers is more expensive than getting one item free. Still, any hazarded guesses/speculations that some sort of option will come up during the month similar?

(snip)

Mm-hmm, so far this looks exactly like the sales we’ve been getting for months, not Madness ones. And if outfits with high heels will no flat sole options are customary again I’ll save even more money.

Cheers, all. :)

When March Madness first came out, they'd offer an item a day for .99 or 1.99. It truly was crazy and a bunch of fun.

Those days are gone forever, and March Madness has become pretty much like any sale going on here at Daz.

As far as the shoes go, I dunno. I remember one year where March Madness was all miniskirts for V4, every day.

Exactly what I was thinking! I was just remembering how much FUN it was when March Madness first came to be and they would offer an item a day for .99 or the1.99!! THOSE were the Days my friend! *sigh*..Daz used to be so much more fun..what happened??
    Yes.
    Those items may have only been 2 dollars, but Daz emptied my pockets during those sales.
    They were so much fun and we all enjoyed talking in the forums.
    I did end up buying something, but that was only because I needed it anyway.
    sigh
  • fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    digitell said:
    twalling said:

Last year’s MM was my first, so is this a big change from the past? More just a wondering since buying things not wanted in numbers is more expensive than getting one item free. Still, any hazarded guesses/speculations that some sort of option will come up during the month similar?

(snip)

Mm-hmm, so far this looks exactly like the sales we’ve been getting for months, not Madness ones. And if outfits with high heels will no flat sole options are customary again I’ll save even more money.

When March Madness first came out, they'd offer an item a day for .99 or 1.99. It truly was crazy and a bunch of fun.

Those days are gone forever, and March Madness has become pretty much like any sale going on here at Daz.

As far as the shoes go, I dunno. I remember one year where March Madness was all miniskirts for V4, every day.

Exactly what I was thinking! I was just remembering how much FUN it was when March Madness first came to be and they would offer an item a day for .99 or the1.99!! THOSE were the Days my friend! *sigh*..Daz used to be so much more fun..what happened??
    Yes.
    Those items may have only been 2 dollars, but Daz emptied my pockets during those sales.
    They were so much fun and we all enjoyed talking in the forums.
    I did end up buying something, but that was only because I needed it anyway.
    sigh

this is the march madness i was hoping for!!! i have only a lil amount of money i can spend and yeah i am gonna have to be very picky if this is how the sale prices will be this year. more so since i have yet to get into the genesis stuff, but i shall peak daily just to see

• ServantServant Posts: 754
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Not on Sundays, anyway. I don't recall them doing it on Saturday, but I may be misremembering. They *might* just extend Friday's sale items offer over the weekend.

But, frankly, they tweak the rules every year, so it's impossible to say until we check tomorrow and see if there are new offerings or not.

Well, looks like they did rotate out for Saturday, too!

http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/

Jack's Platea looks mighty fine! Definitely getting that one. Categories and PAs have been updated, too (Roman/Gladiator theme, Ignisserpentus, RawArt, Valandar, and FeralFey).

Now, I'm a little bit more anxious and interested.

• lindanslindans Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

March Madness I have just added Adarian and Adarian textures but it still come s up with a total of $18.84 what is going on? not getting the 50% discount

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I am sorry - you are too late.
    Look at the first promos here: http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/
    These are todays items.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I would just search the MM products and PAs for the day that you want... load up your cart.... and wait 6 hours till they get everything adjusted correctly. Its probably not straight forward for them to change the items/prices each day to match the MM daily promo.

No buy-it-all and no stringing along coupons is kind of a relief for me.... I feel like I am only shopping for stuff I really want and can pass on items I am not sure about.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The 50% discount simply won't work for me! I tried with 2 different browsers, different products - no luck :(

• ServantServant Posts: 754
    edited December 1969

Wait until noon MST. Often the site adjusts correctly past that time.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited December 1969

I agree that the "no chain-sales" makes this better (for some of us) than last year - on three occasions last year I bought something one day only to find NOTHING I was interested in the next day!
    So far this year I'm quite happy - finally picked up Dental Plan and Real Metals shaders at 50% off each and even threw in Forest Scout for effectively only 16% of the full price (courtesy of PC Membership and having bought Garibaldi Hair Express)
    I just wish I could afford Jack Tomalin's new set, but would have to wait for payday next week...

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited December 1969

The 50% discount simply won't work for me! I tried with 2 different browsers, different products - no luck :(

RawArt is the only store that is not giving me discounts. Nothing happens. The rest are working. It's now 9:15am Central Time, this is ridiculous.

• edited December 1969

Cypherfox's summary of the discount percentages matches my experience - I get either 55% or 37% - but I can't quite see what types of items count towards the "Two or more" clause that triggers the switch.

The wording on the promo page seemed to imply to me that all the listed items and categories participate in this calculation, but so far I can only get the 55% off, if I combine Items from the list at the very top of the page. Then again, some posts in this thread read as if they all should count.

Is there any official clarification as to what the "two or more March Madness Items" refers to?

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited March 2013

digitell said:
    twalling said:

(snip)

I dunno, but I wish it hadn't. I'm guessing it was "greed." It seemed to me like March Madness morphed from a way to have fun and show appreciation for the customers to just an opportunity to make money and have a sale. I'm sure MM was always a marketing ploy (what would Daz be without its marketing ploys?) but it was more like an investment than a money maker.... make the place fun to hang out in, you never know what they're gonna do next, that sort of thing, which built loyalty all year long and gave people something to look forward to.

I remember the forums in the old days of MM, they were insane! This year, this thread only has 6 pages two days into the sale! What bleak times are these.... gone are the salad days, I suppose.

Post edited by twalling on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

RawArt is the only store that is not giving me discounts. Nothing happens. The rest are working. It's now 9:15am Central Time, this is ridiculous.

EDIT- well, it WAS working until I tried Jack's. It only gave me an additional 10%, and with the 30%, that equals 40%. GRRRRR.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Once again Daz's gloriously ambiguous promotional wording appears to be at play. When it staes that "March Madness pricing applies" it would be reasonable to assume that ALL the pricing would apply, as opposed to just some of it, but this clearly is not the case. The initial 30% and bonus 10% apply, but not the "50% off when you buy two or more", which is unfortunate since I would be purchasing much more if it did, and the Madness would get underway! And also since Caput Caseum and its textures are old items which I already purchased, I am trying to work out how best to take advantage of the Madness sale to purchase Jack's wonderful new bundle. I seem to be left with the choice of either repurchasing items I already have, which is Madness indeed, or buying the constituent parts of the bundle separately, which also is illogical. However the prices work out to be similar, so it doesn't make much difference. I also noticed yesterday that the PC coupon is up to its old tricks again of not allowing the full $6 to be used on much more value than that in Daz Originals, but the coupon has been apparently randomly inconsistent ever since the new website was launched.

As someone else pointed out the other day, this is less March Madness and more March Mildly Irritated :)

• edited December 1969

I appreciate all the help you guys gave me, and it was working fine last night, but now it's not. It says that items from those specific PAs, that they are included in the MM pricing, but when I add two it's only giving me the 10% off for having bought Aiko 5. It seems like according to the post above this is normal? But it says MM applies so I don't get that. And since they won't answer their phone...

Also, can you not contact Daz by phone anymore? I tried calling twice and after about 6 minutes it disconnects you. This worries me about their return policy. I want to buy a set of products but they seem to be high resource and I don't know if my machine will handle them, but I figured if it didn't then it wasnt a problem.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Isn't Caput Caseum http://www.daz3d.com/caput-caseum/ an older item? I have purchased it already around last October, it seems.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Isn't Caput Caseum http://www.daz3d.com/caput-caseum/ an older item? I have purchased it already around last October, it seems.

Indeed it is, and it would appear you would need to buy it again if you wish to take advantage of the 50% off for Jack's new bundle. Humph!!

edited March 2013

This comes up a lot, lol- in other threads-
    Caput was taken off for awhile I think- it was a limited availability item. That's what I recall. (Translation- could be wrong)

And everyone don't forget- those free items in DO count toward being one of the two MM items, or that was the case yesterday. We were all waiting for them to be taken off, but they are still there. (in the MM section)
    Here's one on just the opening page!

http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/biolight

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I appreciate all the help you guys gave me, and it was working fine last night, but now it's not. It says that items from those specific PAs, that they are included in the MM pricing, but when I add two it's only giving me the 10% off for having bought Aiko 5. It seems like according to the post above this is normal? But it says MM applies so I don't get that. And since they won't answer their phone...

As you point out, yesterday it worked and today it doesn't. One way is correct, one isn't, but what's the betting we don't find out which?!! If the latter is correct, and the first day of the sale was in error, then once again Daz should change the wording of the sale and make that clear. Either way, ths whole March Madness thing became a lot less exciting today :)

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    This comes up a lot, lol- in other threads-
    Caput was taken off for awhile I think- it was a limited availability item. That's what I recall. (Translation- could be wrong)

And everyone don't forget- those free items in DO count toward being one of the two MM items, or that was the case yesterday. We were all waiting for them to be taken off, but they are still there. (in the MM section)
    Here's one on just the opening page!

http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/biolight

I guess I should have shopped yesterday - doesn't work for me...
    A moment ago I put Dental Plan for Genesis and Freak 5 bundle in my cart - that should give a 50% discount shouldn't it? But my discount was only 4.45...

What I actually want to buy is Dental Plan and RawArts Forest King - nothing. I'm confused!

edited December 1969

I've tried numerous items and I think it's safe to say the 50% offer simply doesn't work :)