MARCH MADNESS UPDATES!

ServantServant Posts: 754
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Just checked, and the promos are up!

http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/

Finally got clarity with the A5 and Garibaldi bonuses: +10% off if you buy them. Since they used the conjunction "or", I guess that confirms it doesn't stack.

Edit: I updated the title to reflect how the thread is progressing

Post edited by Servant on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...bugger, I'm broke this month.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited December 1969

The cart is not working right, only giving slightly more than 35% off. (at 1:40am) I own both Aiko 5 and Garibaldi, supposed to get 60%. DONT CHECK OUT until you see they get it fixed!

• ServantServant Posts: 754
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    The cart is not working right, only giving slightly more than 35% off. (at 1:40am) I own both Aiko 5 and Garibaldi, supposed to get 60%. DONT CHECK OUT until you see they get it fixed!

It's likely the promos kicked in when the server detected it's 12 am MST March 1. The IT/Web staff should make the adjustments later in the day (by my experience, it's usually after 12 noon MST).

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

Thanks for the warning. Almost checked out. Seems there also adjusting the prices. Not only the Aiko discount is missing but the item prices i have in my cart also changed after an update of the cart.

Need some patience it guess....

edited December 1969

THIS IS WONKY. Is the 60% including the already 30%? EVEN SO IT DOESNT FIGURE. Youd be getting a better deal- here's what I tested-
    Two products, both already 30%, were total 15.34. Discounted by another 30% (to equal 60%) would be only 4.60. It's giving me 5.48, which is now an additional 36% (slightly under. More than 35%, less than 36%) So IF the 60% is with the already discount included, GO FOR IT, it's 36% instead of additional 30% !!!

However if its supposed to be ANOTHER 60% off the sale price, WAIT. Let's see if we can get an answer?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

The items I checked were in the cart for the same price on the page. No add-on discounts, yet. It can take a little while for the updates to all be working.

edited March 2013

Patience55, the ones that are 30% off will give you an additional 36% (slightly less) and the ones without a discount wont do anything. Just put two from DZ Fire's store (no discounts) in cart to test it. But any with 30% off are discounted to 66%. (get another 36%) if you own Garibaldi Hair or Aiko 5. (or maybe even if you dont, I own them so cant say.)

I'm buying the 30% off stuff. If it's supposed to be 60% more plus the already 30%, I'll file a ticket. But it's 36% right now off the already 30% original price. EDIT:(Will figure this out from the original price too to see how calculated) So I'm going for it!

Post edited by Novica on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

I'm the same all I see on the new releases which appear to be Daz Originals is the usual 30% off when added to the cart they remain the same price - not much of a March Madness feel, not really surprised after the limp PC sale.
    I'm not going all the way through the checkout process just to find out how much things are - I want to know before I check out.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Put Adarian and Adarian Textures in your cart and go to your cart (My cart, Go to Shopping Cart) - there is the discount.

I am not very impressed either - there were better sales. On the other hand they seem to refrain from doing one of those chain sales (buy today, get a better price tomorrow). That is nice.

edited December 1969

Been playing around with it. It seems the additional discounts are not over the original price but based on the 30% discount price

If you add a 30% item in you're cart and own Aiko. You get the 10 % discount over the discount price

Dreamlight Dream lounge
    -Original price 29.95 now 20.97 (30%)
    -Additional discount -2.10 (10% over 20.97)

Price: 18.87

Can't figure out how the "50% discount" works...if this an additional 20% discount over the 30% price or not.

edited December 1969

jerham said:
    Been playing around with it. It seems the additional discounts are not over the original price but based on the 30% discount price

If you add a 30% item in you're cart and own Aiko. You get the 10 % discount over the discount price

Dreamlight Dream lounge

Can't figure out how the "50% discount" works...if this an additional 20% discount over the 30% price or not.

From what I understand with how the wording works, it should be the discount becomes 50% instead of 30% +another 20% off the reduced price (which is usually the case for additional discounts). I don't know how the math will apply to PC members, though.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited March 2013

Greetings,
    The Facility and Adarian in my cart. $16.95 and $15.95 base prices, for a total of $32.90.

50% off is $16.45
    10% off that is $16.45-$1.64 = $14.81

...which is what shows in my cart.

It's very simple...at least simpler than the usual sales they've had recently. :-/

If I sign in as an anonymous user (Incognito mode in Chrome) and do the same thing, I see a Grand Total of
    $16.46 (which is a penny off, but no matter), which is just the 50% off.

It does mean that I'm not getting any PC discounts, which makes me a little sad, because that would be epic savings, but I'm fine with this level of savings, especially since I can add items from all the various PA's, and the 'special' items where the PA's who made the items aren't participating today, but the items themselves are super popular.

Enjoy!

-- Morgan

p.s. You can see all non-DO items that are 30% off, and do various sorts on them. No guarantees that the PA item that are 30% off are all in the MM sale category, but I found (for instance) that it appears that Khory and si_vincent's stuff is also 30% off, and responds positively to the March Madness discounts...

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Put Adarian and Adarian Textures in your cart and go to your cart (My cart, Go to Shopping Cart) - there is the discount.

I am not very impressed either - there were better sales. On the other hand they seem to refrain from doing one of those chain sales (buy today, get a better price tomorrow). That is nice.

Yep seems to work that way, thanks.
    I totally agree about the chain sales; hated them.

edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    jerham said:

Dreamlight Dream lounge

From what I understand with how the wording works, it should be the discount becomes 50% instead of 30% +another 20% off the reduced price (which is usually the case for additional discounts). I don't know how the math will apply to PC members, though.

Thanks figured it out, and you are correct. Only the 10% aiko discount is based reduced price.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks like there is no “Buy it All” bonus this year. Nothing in the newsletter or promo page, which would be there or else folks would miss day one stuff and blow it right there if a more permanent section was not set up like last time.

Last year’s MM was my first, so is this a big change from the past? More just a wondering since buying things not wanted in numbers is more expensive than getting one item free. Still, any hazarded guesses/speculations that some sort of option will come up during the month similar?

As well as I also hated those buy this today for extra discount tomorrow so am glad that is gone. Not the 50% discount across the board as opposed to like 70% for PC members though.

Mm-hmm, so far this looks exactly like the sales we’ve been getting for months, not Madness ones. And if outfits with high heels will no flat sole options are customary again I’ll save even more money. Whew! In short, not complaining much here as well as do know some new fun things will be released.

Cheers, all. :)

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

So .... the wording is lame or I am lame ... the result is the same:

Is the 50% off only for the new releases?

For example I put 2 Nightshift items in my cart and only got 30% off.

-

Is it working correctly?

If that is correct, well ... that's too bad. Everybody knows 40% is the new 30%.
    No sale. :(

edited March 2013

Greetings,

Ippotamus said:

-

Is it working correctly?

If that is correct, well ... that's too bad. Everybody knows 40% is the new 30%.

Which two Nightshift items?

I get $16.16 if I add Communications Gear and Surveillance Gear (both $17.95 base price items). That's $35.90/2-10%, or $17.95-$1.79.

Seems to work fine.

-- Morgan
    [Edit: You have to go to your shopping cart page to see the discount, as usual.]

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Prices have changed for Adarian and Textures - now both are showing in the store as 51% off ($8.31 and $4.88) - and putting both in the cart results in -$4.71 - end result $8.48
    $0.17 for the textures - nice.

NO extra discount for A5/Garibaldi buyer - not so nice.

*Waits a bit more*

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

the discounts are coming a little slow this time :)

edited March 2013

Greetings,
    AH! See...now the math gets complex.

Let's take these individually... I added Adarian and The Facility in. Totalled to $12.52

The Facility, $15.95, 50% off, 10% off that is: 15.95 * 0.5 * 0.9 == 7.18
    Adarian, 30% PC, 50% MM, 10% off that is: 16.95 * 0.7 * 0.5 * 0.9 == $5.34

$7.18 + $5.34 == $12.52

Whew! Solved!

That was FUN! :)

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Freak Sweater changed too. It's 51% now too.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Ippotamus said:

-

Is it working correctly?

Which two Nightshift items?

I get $16.16 if I add Communications Gear and Surveillance Gear (both $17.95 base price items). That's $35.90/2-10%, or $17.95-$1.79.

Seems to work fine.

-- Morgan
    [Edit: You have to go to your shopping cart page to see the discount, as usual.]

Ah, I think I'm getting it now.
    30% got me down to 11 x 2 and then -6 more for the 50.

I hate math. But yes, it seems to be working now. :)

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

My total discounts for two items (The Facility and Immortal Ronin) came to 55%. Which would be comprised of:

50% for getting two items
    And 10% off the remainder for owning Aiko 5.

Calculating correctly.

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

Last year’s MM was my first, so is this a big change from the past? More just a wondering since buying things not wanted in numbers is more expensive than getting one item free. Still, any hazarded guesses/speculations that some sort of option will come up during the month similar?

(snip)

Mm-hmm, so far this looks exactly like the sales we’ve been getting for months, not Madness ones. And if outfits with high heels will no flat sole options are customary again I’ll save even more money.

When March Madness first came out, they'd offer an item a day for .99 or 1.99. It truly was crazy and a bunch of fun.

Those days are gone forever, and March Madness has become pretty much like any sale going on here at Daz.

As far as the shoes go, I dunno. I remember one year where March Madness was all miniskirts for V4, every day.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited March 2013

Looks like there is no “Buy it All” bonus this year. Nothing in the newsletter or promo page, which would be there or else folks would miss day one stuff and blow it right there if a more permanent section was not set up like last time.

As well as I also hated those buy this today for extra discount tomorrow so am glad that is gone. Not the 50% discount across the board as opposed to like 70% for PC members though.

Mm-hmm, so far this looks exactly like the sales we’ve been getting for months, not Madness ones. And if outfits with high heels will no flat sole options are customary again I’ll save even more money. Whew! In short, not complaining much here as well as do know some new fun things will be released.

With no decent Buy It All Bonus, there's not much incentive to buy something unless you really, really like it. I skipped most of last year's MM because Genesis was not very accessible to Poser then. I picked up a few of them in December of way less than the MM price.

The first Buy It All's offered multiple options. IIRC, you had the option of getting DS4A for free (that was back when it was a for pay version), Daz Originals totaling $200 (full prices, no PC or other discounts), a mystery Grab Bag...there might have been other choices but I can't remember them.

The first banners did have very fine print about getting V5 or M5 bundles free but that's since disappeared. They had to add the S5 pro bundle to the Snowball Savings (or some other sale...there have been so many) BIA because most participants already had V5 and/or M5.

I agree about the high heels on the adventure outfits. Not very practical in the forest. I suppose the hip hugging pants are "sexy" but how the heck do you sit down without them...oh, never mind...

Post edited by icprncss on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or does the march madness sale look more like a march tiff?
    The sales don't look any better then the ones I get biweekly emails about. I mean really it's not march madness it's more like march slightly irritable.

edited December 1969

Have to say the MM offers aren't stellar so far. The Facility is the most promising though, and I'm thinking hard about it. But because this might just be a warm up to something better later, I'm not completely sold yet. Then again, it's probably the only new item I might get to use since it's not DS 4.5 exclusive.

However, I'm glad it's not the "buy this, and you get a higher discount tomorrow for that" kind of sale. That was lame. So good job on not doing that again, DAZ! :coolsmile:

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Prices have changed for Adarian and Textures - now both are showing in the store as 51% off ($8.31 and $4.88) - and putting both in the cart results in -$4.71 - end result $8.48

*Waits a bit more*

Is the extra 10% discount for purchasing A5 only if you buy seclected items? I too did not receive extra 10% on the Adarian + textures

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I'm not fussing about how deep the discount is, but the promo format is stale. But they are just getting started. No doubt in the next few weeks they are going to have some promotions that will really catch our eyes.

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

*Waits a bit more*

Is the extra 10% discount for purchasing A5 only if you buy seclected items? I too did not receive extra 10% on the Adarian + textures

Not sure, I bought the A5 Pro Bundle, and I am showing $8.48 for a cart with Adarian and textures in it.