Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,821
    edited October 2017

I have had The Backstreets for quite a while. Here are two Iray renders with the uber shader automatically applied by DS. Still looks good.

The Backstreets 1.jpg
    750 x 600 - 575K
    The Backstreets 2.jpg
    750 x 600 - 587K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That would make a good backdrop for a zombie or post apocolyptic scene.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

That would make a good backdrop for a zombie or post apocolyptic scene.

It would make a great set for your run-of-mill, CSI-type, crime scene, too.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Backstreets is great. It is a worthwhile purchase. Ministry I was meh about.

And... The Backstreets is now mine. Muahahaha... laugh

Along with the Denim Jacket outfit that's been on my wishlist since forever, (or when it was first released, anyway. Seems like forever.) Added a couple other fast grab items and used my PA coupon. The way I see it, I got the Denim Jacket outfit for free. (And I've used all my coupons for October. Yay!)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

@RGcincy Wow! That looks incredible! Love all your big city renders :)

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited October 2017

I used backstreets here. It is a great set! The first one was 3DL a long while ago. The second I used iray. Same image. I redid it because  I liked and lost the first one. I plan to redo it every so often just for kicks.

older.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 240K
    Pinned-one.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 3M
    Post edited by Serene Night on

I used backstreets here. It is a great set! The first one was 3DL a long while ago. The second I used iray. Same image. I redid it because  I liked and lost the first one. I plan to redo it every so often just for kicks.

Those are both really nice, in their own way. I can hardly wait to the next one in the "series."
    yes

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535

What's the difference between EcVh0's Cinematic Render Resource Kit for Iray and Tonal Rage - Tone Mapping Toolkit for Iray? Wondering if it's worth getting if I already have Tonal Rage. About to do a series of book illustrations and wondering if it would be handy or redundant.

The difference between mine and Dimension's is that Dimension's are for professionals who knows what they are doing with all the tone mapping settings, mine is for those who doesn't know what they are looking for and sick of trying thousands of combinations to get it :)

Hope that helps :)

Llynara said:

@RGcincy Wow! That looks incredible! Love all your big city renders :)

Thanks Llynara!

@SereneNight Wow, both versions are great. Very dynamic and action filled! The second one in particular has an excellent composition - everything just seems to flow together.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456
    EcVh0 said:

What's the difference between EcVh0's Cinematic Render Resource Kit for Iray and Tonal Rage - Tone Mapping Toolkit for Iray? Wondering if it's worth getting if I already have Tonal Rage. About to do a series of book illustrations and wondering if it would be handy or redundant.

The difference between mine and Dimension's is that Dimension's are for professionals who knows what they are doing with all the tone mapping settings, mine is for those who doesn't know what they are looking for and sick of trying thousands of combinations to get it :)

In that case, I would probably find it very useful. ;) Wishlisted, and hopefully there's a catch-up sale.

edited October 2017

If you get The Backstreets and still do 3DL renders, then The Backstreets by Night is a good addon. I review it in my Big City thread and posted a 3DL render below. It's a Dreamlight product, and it's frequently on sale for about $2.

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Off topic- I just saw this on my sister's Facebook page, and tracked down the article. So sweet of these folks to do this- Tel Aviv's City Hall made their building look like our flag, to show solidarity about the Las Vegas shooting. Take a peek. 

@rgcincy  That night product looks awesome!
    @serenenight   I remember when you first posted those in your thread. Memories! 

• NathNath Posts: 2,730

I was inspired to dust off The Ministry - I'd say it holds up pretty well in Iray/uber shader applied.

Image not quite done, so still a lot of grain (and I think I'll be fiddling with it a bit more as well).

Ministry 20171006.png
    980 x 982 - 1M

@nath   I like it. Went ahead and picked it up, the price was right and you convinced me. It's all your fault! 

• EcVh0 said:

The Cinematic Render Resource Kit was perfect for my needs.  I used it in some of Salvatore's promos- this one is the Portrait 3 I think, with some tweaks of my own: 

I added in the credit for the use- but I wanted to personally thank you.  What usually takes a day or more fiddling with lights and settings took me 10 minutes to work out using your kit. Saved my sanity.

Novica said:

@nath   I like it. Went ahead and picked it up, the price was right and you convinced me. It's all your fault! 

Heh angel

The Cinematic Render Resource Kit was perfect for my needs.  I used it in some of Salvatore's promos- this one is the Portrait 3 I think, with some tweaks of my own: 

@darwinsmishaps  And he looks really good! You have such a neat variety of characters. That lighting really shows the details well.

Talk about good timing, this drops to $2.48 with a New Debut or Still New. Director's Cut The BackStreets

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

LOL I'd JUST put that in my cart and was reading my emails before checking out.  Don't forget, he's also got camera presets for Streets of Asia, Tin Pan Alley, and City Courtyard. I don't have TinPan Alley but own the other two camera sets and they are briliant - save SO much time, and they find little angles that I'd never find. 

Novica said:

Talk about good timing, this drops to $2.48 with a New Debut or Still New. Director's Cut The BackStreets

Nath, I LOVE the Ministry - it's probably my all time fave Stonemason set. Can I ask about your light set up there? I really like how it's dark, but you've got that light at the back, and the image is still very easy to see. I have an awful time doing dark/night scenes.  

Nath said:

I was inspired to dust off The Ministry - I'd say it holds up pretty well in Iray/uber shader applied.

Image not quite done, so still a lot of grain (and I think I'll be fiddling with it a bit more as well).

@RGcincy I was actually sitting here before thinking about doing something with the backstreets now I'm about to pick up that Director's Cut set of camera - what was your lighting here? Sun/sky? It looks brilliant. 

RGcincy said:

I have had The Backstreets for quite a while. Here are two Iray renders with the uber shader automatically applied by DS. Still looks good.

ooohh you use Second Circle's light set! Isn't it brilliant?? It has a really moody, fashion type look to it - I use them qutie a bit. laugh 

EcVh0 said:

I added in the credit for the use- but I wanted to personally thank you.  What usually takes a day or more fiddling with lights and settings took me 10 minutes to work out using your kit. Saved my sanity.

• Llynara said:

And now for an interracial romance of a different kind! This is Layla with dark hair in her G3F elf form, who is spending some time with The Lord of the Bears. He has four different sizes, this is his biggest. She's pretty tall too (though maybe taller as a G8.)

Enchanted

Can an elf find love with a bear shifter?  Will hibernation take its toll on their love life come winter? Tune in for the next exciting episode of "As the Forest Turns!" 

Loving this! The background goes so perfectly, and the story is so cute..

jakiblue said:

@RGcincy I was actually sitting here before thinking about doing something with the backstreets now I'm about to pick up that Director's Cut set of camera - what was your lighting here? Sun/sky? It looks brilliant. 

@jakiblue One of my favorite HDRI's: Green Hills Skydome and HDRI I applied the skydome and the render settings presets, then set dome rotation to get the light angle I wanted.

jakiblue said:

Nath, I LOVE the Ministry - it's probably my all time fave Stonemason set. Can I ask about your light set up there? I really like how it's dark, but you've got that light at the back, and the image is still very easy to see. I have an awful time doing dark/night scenes.  

Nath said:

The light in the back is a ghostlight panel along that wall (preset monitor - and set to something like 500k)

Just noting that HowieFawkes is in Mega Fastgrab today. Most are Carrara products but his newer ones are for DS and include Harpsburg, Harpwood Trail, and Ultrascatter all of which I have. They are good products.

Ahhhh! i have the ghost light set! I must try that next time - thank you! I've tried a few different ways to do something like that before but never thought of using the ghost lights. LOL 

Nath said:
    jakiblue said:

Nath said:

The light in the back is a ghostlight panel along that wall (preset monitor - and set to something like 500k)

wishlisted! i must have missed those skydome/hdri before! The light just looked fantastic in your render! 

RGcincy said:
    jakiblue said:

@jakiblue One of my favorite HDRI's: Green Hills Skydome and HDRI I applied the skydome and the render settings presets, then set dome rotation to get the light angle I wanted.

And here's the finished Ministry image. I feel for the poor guy laugh

"But I fixed that yesterday already..."

20171006_ministry_small.png
    1000 x 528 - 791K
This discussion has been closed.