An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

1356764

Comments

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    Dreamlight:
    http://www.dream-lounge.com/7freeprops/?&AID=408
    1. Baroque Castle, Poser ZIP
    1. Baroque Castle, DS ZIP
    2. The Gallery, Poser / DS / Vue / LW / Carrara / OBJ ZIP
    3. CS City, Poser / DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, Poser ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, OBJ ZIP
    5. 3D Extentions: Canyon, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    6. Castle Door, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    7. Sci-Fi Desert Bridge, Poser / DS ZIP
    Bonus - Perfect Escape Prop, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP

  • bighbigh Posts: 8,094
    edited December 1969

    Kerya said:
    Dreamlight:
    http://www.dream-lounge.com/7freeprops/?&AID=408
    1. Baroque Castle, Poser ZIP
    1. Baroque Castle, DS ZIP
    2. The Gallery, Poser / DS / Vue / LW / Carrara / OBJ ZIP
    3. CS City, Poser / DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, Poser ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, OBJ ZIP
    5. 3D Extentions: Canyon, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    6. Castle Door, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    7. Sci-Fi Desert Bridge, Poser / DS ZIP
    Bonus - Perfect Escape Prop, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP

    sign up needed .

  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

    bigh said:
    Kerya said:
    Dreamlight:
    http://www.dream-lounge.com/7freeprops/?&AID=408
    1. Baroque Castle, Poser ZIP
    1. Baroque Castle, DS ZIP
    2. The Gallery, Poser / DS / Vue / LW / Carrara / OBJ ZIP
    3. CS City, Poser / DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, Poser ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, OBJ ZIP
    5. 3D Extentions: Canyon, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    6. Castle Door, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    7. Sci-Fi Desert Bridge, Poser / DS ZIP
    Bonus - Perfect Escape Prop, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP

    sign up needed .
    "[email protected]" worked for me, and that's defined (in the spec!) as an invalid email address.

  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,986
    edited December 1969

    robkelk said:
    bigh said:
    Kerya said:
    Dreamlight:
    http://www.dream-lounge.com/7freeprops/?&AID=408
    1. Baroque Castle, Poser ZIP
    1. Baroque Castle, DS ZIP
    2. The Gallery, Poser / DS / Vue / LW / Carrara / OBJ ZIP
    3. CS City, Poser / DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, Poser ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, DS ZIP
    4. Legend Of The Stone Keeper: Corner, OBJ ZIP
    5. 3D Extentions: Canyon, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    6. Castle Door, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP
    7. Sci-Fi Desert Bridge, Poser / DS ZIP
    Bonus - Perfect Escape Prop, Poser / DS / LW / OBJ ZIP

    sign up needed .

    "[email protected]" worked for me, and that's defined (in the spec!) as an invalid email address.

    You won't receive the links for the free tutorial videos if you don't give him a 'real' email address.

  • mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited August 2013

    Link removed <-- email bypassed. ;) (also here for my reference since I cannot download at work)</p>

    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    One week free:
    Fish-Shape Aquarium (Registration required)
    http://www.cgaxis.com/product-info.php?Fish-shape-Aquarium-pid1389.html

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,185
    edited August 2013

    Hivewire 3d is offering their new character Dawn starting today. I think she will be available for 30 days as a free product. If you watch their video of how stack products work you will be able to get her free.

    Link removed by a Moderator

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    Or just untick the things you don't want ... No Paypal ...

  • amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

    The Dawn character alone cost $0, the full package is not free. Go to LINK REMOVED by MOD for details.
    I've downloaded the character. It comes with textures, hair and a bikini.

    10001_02_included.jpg
    692 x 900 - 69K
  • Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

    Just Google "Dawn free poser figure". You will find several links.

  • edited December 1969

    I downloaded and tested her. She is great. Better than V4

  • amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

    Finally, I've found my post here. I think the reason why the link in my post was removed are: "Threads that point or link to items in other stores are deemed to be Commercial Posts and will be removed. " and "Please post only your own freebies or about those you’ve gotten permission to post about."

    In fact, most of the limited time freebies are for commercial purpose, i.e., to get you to buy other stuffs from the vendor. For example, the "iClone 4 Pro Free", after I registered and downloaded the software, I noticed that there is iClone 5, and if I want to make my own contents, I have to buy the 3DXchange program from the vendor.

    I felt sorry for my action, but I also want to know the proper way to tell others about some good freebies, otherwise, posting in "Limited Time Freebie Email Message Alert" can easily break the rules.

  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,986
    edited December 1969

    amy_aimei said:
    Finally, I've found my post here. I think the reason why the link in my post was removed are: "Threads that point or link to items in other stores are deemed to be Commercial Posts and will be removed. " and "Please post only your own freebies or about those you’ve gotten permission to post about."

    In fact, most of the limited time freebies are for commercial purpose, i.e., to get you to buy other stuffs from the vendor. For example, the "iClone 4 Pro Free", after I registered and downloaded the software, I noticed that there is iClone 5, and if I want to make my own contents, I have to buy the 3DXchange program from the vendor.

    I felt sorry for my action, but I also want to know the proper way to tell others about some good freebies, otherwise, posting in "Limited Time Freebie Email Message Alert" can easily break the rules.

    No need to feel sorry, ain't our war.

    Somewhere else it was written that we can post links to freebies as long as the page is not a store page ... nothing else is being sold on it ... exceptions are places like sharecg.com which has tons of unrelated ads being run on its pages.
    And the negative exception of course is for the one you posted a link to.
    And other negative exceptions are "adult" sites ... for some we can say their names; but not post the links.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,112
    edited December 1969

    Amy you are basically correct. Any link to a freebie which is also a link to Commercial items designed for that freebie is considered a Commercial post. This happens most frequently with limited time freebies, as they are in themselves only really promo's for the commercial items.Demo's are treated in the same way, and also freebies which depend on a Commercial item to work. Freebies that are add-ons for a Commercial character don't fall into this category.

    We do not demonise certain sites, all sites which fall within this criteria will have links removed.

    There are 2 or 3 threads around about Dawn, one in the Commons, one in the Poser forum and she had already been mentioned in this thread as well, so another thread dedicated to her was getting to be an overkill.

    11.) Multiple posts for a single product or topic will be consolidated to a single post or the duplicate post may be locked or removed in order to reduce entries in the forum.
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,986
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    Amy you are basically correct. Any link to a freebie which is also a link to Commercial items designed for that freebie is considered a Commercial post. This happens most frequently with limited time freebies, as they are in themselves only really promo's for the commercial items.Demo's are treated in the same way, and also freebies which depend on a Commercial item to work. Freebies that are add-ons for a Commercial character don't fall into this category.

    We do not demonise certain sites, all sites which fall within this criteria will have links removed.

    There are 2 or 3 threads around about Dawn, one in the Commons, one in the Poser forum and she had already been mentioned in this thread as well, so another thread dedicated to her was getting to be an overkill.

    11.) Multiple posts for a single product or topic will be consolidated to a single post or the duplicate post may be locked or removed in order to reduce entries in the forum.

    No Daz3d has not been demonizing any site, I think it falls more to the some sites do not have a webpage with a freebie on it that is not also a store page for other $ products. And this is getting to be quite a common practice as many sites either never have, or now no longer permit links to other commercial websites either. And some won't even mention the name of this site. They are not demonizing Daz3d either.

    And I'm patiently waiting for all the kiddies to stop fighting and play nice together again. I realize a certain location may well freeze over first, but hay!

    In the meantime as to the concern that there be too many posts made in the forum ... well, if they'd return the option for us to delete what we have posted, we could take care of that big problem for them. However it being that they are also advertizing their forums as a place to come and get assistance, it's rather mind boggling that they shouldn't want a good number of posts in here. There are people wondering 'why' we don't have more posts ... but soon enough people figure it out ... and sure more are using the PM system but that's hardly helpful to the masses.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,112
    edited August 2013

    That should really read Threads, not posts,

    However there has been far too many extraneous comments in a thread that is meant to be just an alert thread for Limited time freebies, so don't be surprised if all the conversation gets removed, to let this thread get back to it's proper purpose.

    Kerya said:
    This is a new thread JUST for limited time freebies.

    Don't post "newsletter only" freebies (like RDNA or Renderosity newsletter freebies), just publicly available limited time freebies.
    Don't post comments, please, because if somebody is subscribed to this thread they expect a new freebie when they get a new message alert.

    Sometimes people are not getting newsletters, or are getting newsletters late.
    The idea of this thread is that most (ok, not all, I know) are getting emails for new messages quite fast.

    To get subscribed, just click on the "Subscribe to this thread" in the grey bar with the title of the thread.
    Make sure you get mail alerts for new messages in "Your Control Panel" (above the grey bar with the title of the thread), "Email Settings".


    Post edited by Chohole on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,986
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    That should really read Threads, not posts,

    However there has been far too many extraneous comments in a thread that is meant to be just an alert thread for Limited time freebies, so don't be surprised if all the conversation gets removed, to let this thread get back to it's proper purpose.

    Kerya said:
    This is a new thread JUST for limited time freebies.

    Don't post "newsletter only" freebies (like RDNA or Renderosity newsletter freebies), just publicly available limited time freebies.
    Don't post comments, please, because if somebody is subscribed to this thread they expect a new freebie when they get a new message alert.

    Sometimes people are not getting newsletters, or are getting newsletters late.
    The idea of this thread is that most (ok, not all, I know) are getting emails for new messages quite fast.

    To get subscribed, just click on the "Subscribe to this thread" in the grey bar with the title of the thread.
    Make sure you get mail alerts for new messages in "Your Control Panel" (above the grey bar with the title of the thread), "Email Settings".

    Oh I'm expecting that! Saved page already ;-)

    Was trying to quickly think of free temporary link to post but uh, unless I have another tantrum and delete all mine ... can't think of any offhand.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    Toon Santa's Personal Christmas Steampunk Zeppelin
    (ends on Dec 03 2013 )
    http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=24433

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    1908 Motor Buggy by adh3d
    http://www.adh3d.com/motorbug.php

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    Christmas Tree by Mec4D
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    Twisted Candle Holder with Candle by Dexterdoodle, LLC
    http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=18535

  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

    House by Meshbox and Twisted Candle Holder are not showing up free for me.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    Widows House is gone - but Candle Holders are still showing free for me.

  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

    Shame about the house but the candle holder is now showing up as free...thanks Kerya

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,185
    edited January 2014

    Content Paradise has on sale for free the Bryce and Vue versions of Steampunk Clockwork Spaceship until the Jan 12 2014.

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,094
    edited January 2014

    Dollygirl said:
    Content Paradise has on sale for free the Bryce and Vue versions of Steampunk Clockwork Spaceship until the Jan 12 2014.

    they pull it - at least I can't see it .

    edit - its back

    Post edited by bigh on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,511
    edited December 1969

    Folding Roadway Stop Sign v1 rom Tiger9166
    List Price: $2.99
    Sale Price: $0.00
    (ends on Feb 18 2014 - only 9 units left*)
    http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=23135

  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

    Got it and Kerya thanks for posting these, I hardly go to CP these days so miss out on many of the freebies. Your hard work is appreciated

Sign In or Register to comment.