Hercules Issues-Solved

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited May 2017 in The Commons

Does anyone have Hercules? If you have anatomical elements applied and put on the beard does it make his elements turn white like the geoshell is applying down there? oops, looks like the included hair does that too. Bummer... Ticket time.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,261

I'm having an issue that all my male characters now load with Hercule's nipple pose.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    nemesis10 said:

I'm having an issue that all my male characters now load with Hercule's nipple pose.

Oh man I wondered why the nipples were looking odd..... 

Okay, so the issue with Hercules and his Nipples.

I confirmed, and see that it is affecting the G3M nipple dial. When dialed in it distends the male nipples. When hercules is uninstalled the male nipples are restored to normal.

This is what it looked like on my saved character who normally has nipples dialed at 100 percent.

chest.JPG
    714 x 624 - 57K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited May 2017

Okay, so the issue with Hercules and his Nipples.

I confirmed, and see that it is affecting the G3M nipple dial. When dialed in it distends the male nipples. When hercules is uninstalled the male nipples are restored to normal.

This is what it looked like on my saved character who normally has nipples dialed at 100 percent.

I'm not getting this issue with nipples except when the hercules body is active. Do you have any of the Swole products as well? Also the nipple position is matching the position in the promos so that's how the nipples are supposed to be.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited May 2017

with Hercules installed I get the issue on all my guys who have the standard male nipple morph dialed in no Hercules morph at all. When I uninstall Hercules the nipples go back to how they should look. I don't have swole.

with Hercules installed I get the issue on all my guys who have the standard male nipple morph dialed in no Hercules morph at all. When I uninstall Hercules the nipples go back to how they should look. I don't have swole.

I would work a bit more to see the conditions it takes to get the issue and document that in the ticket. I'm doing renders and promos for the last two days and I don't have any of those MCMs or JCMs firing that causes the nipple to be bad.

Thanks for your suggestion. You got me thinking... so after removing the eJCMXtraSWOLE7Nipples.dsf file from my runtime the nipples of my male characters are restored. There must be some sort of coflict between that file and my regular nipples. No idea why or the science behind it. But I'm glad the nipples of my characters are back to normal with such an easy fix. Even if hercule's now doesn't have his standard look.

edited May 2017

I'm just going to return it. Too many problems with this product, and I'm spending too much time trying to figure out what's causing it. Now I've noticed another thing, and I'm done. 

I've put in tickets for the nipples and the white anatomical elements issue so that has been documented.

Oh, the issue with the white gens has to do with the geoshell being applied to them by mistake when you use the scalp or beard options. IF you select the scalp or beard option and turn cutout opacity on gens to zero you will get the correct skin tone back.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,261
    edited May 2017

I would work a bit more to see the conditions it takes to get the issue and document that in the ticket. I'm doing renders and promos for the last two days and I don't have any of those MCMs or JCMs firing that causes the nipple to be bad.

I'm having the problem when I lode any genesis male 3 figure; installation of hercules by all the methods yield the same results. There are Swole nipple settings in the Hidden settings that are being activated for every figure.

Chest (original).jpg
    1484 x 1255 - 210K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

Yep. Thats what I got too. Its the swole nipple morph. Also noticed some odd rough bits under the armpit areas of the character. Not reallly noticble but seemed to be occuring as well.

edited May 2017
    nemesis10 said:

I'm having the problem when I lode any genesis male 3 figure; installation of hercules by all the methods yield the same results. There are Swole nipple settings in the Hidden settings that are being activated for every figure.

I'm not doubting the issue, but I noted before to document what exactly you are doing to get the issue (including any other products) so they can narrow down the issue. I just loaded up 3 figures and running a render now, and I'm not getting the nipples on anything other than the Hercules morph. This information is needed so that you can narrow it down and help get your issue resolved.

EDIT: The figure is missing one of the things that's needed for HD morphs, which is causing pokethrough on the underwear; I had to edit in Photoshop so the pelvis area passes TOS.

HercNipcomp.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 133K
    Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • rono64rono64 Posts: 55

All I can add is that all the male figures the nipples are set on 100% then when I dial them back to zero the problem goes away.

I got it when character was totally zeroed and I touched the standard male nipple dial.

• KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115
    edited May 2017

I am having the same problem as described above. For now the workaround is simple enough by setting the hidden Swole 7 nipples property ("eJCMXtraSWOLE7Nipples") to 0%, but in time that will become annoying and so whatever is causing the issue needs to be resolved along with the other problems that have been pointed out.

You can view the hidden properties by right clicking on the parameters tab and ticking/enabling "Show Hidden Properties". They will now appear in the "hidden" section for each relevant G3M character. Filter the hidden section for "swole" to isolate the relevant parameter if there are a lot. Refer to the attached image.

Howdy all, this has been my first forum post!

​EDIT/UPDATE (21/May/17):

​From my limited testing: of the two Swole 7 morphs that are inadvertently applied to each G3M character loaded it seems to be only the FWSA Carson character that is receiving the unwanted nipples morph. The other G3M characters I checked are getting just the Swole 7 navel morph applied ("eJCMXtraSWOLE7Navel").

2017-05-20 Hercules Nipple Problem v1.png
    800 x 598 - 151K
    Post edited by KomodoVR on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Why do I keep hearing someone say "nipples" in here?

PMonsta! Excellent screenshot. You illustrated it to a T.  It also inadvertantly shows what's going on with the armpit area on Carson. There is like a weird distortion there. I don't know if it is  the nipple morph. But I've encountered that too since installing Herc.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173

It was this Hercules product that made me break my vow to never buy another G3 figure nor an Iray-only figure ever again.  Not sure I'll keep it.  I certainly hope that we see fixes for the issues very soon (not a "daz soon"). 

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222

Why not just copy Herc to a new figure and not transfer or delete the nipple morph?  OF course its an instant fix with ZBrush too

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Easy fix with only an $800 program!

:)

edited May 2017

Its good to have skills to fix stuff on your own. But I am not a beta tester here and I'm not getting paid anything to troubleshoot or beta products.

That doesn't mean I don't like to help people, and I do. I  have spent a fair amount of time helping people with Hercules HD and other products. But at some point the store and vendors need to provide fixes for stuff. 

There is also an expectation here too that customer fix or figure out why stuff doesn't work. I don't mind helping when I can, but I don't think its the customers job to analyze and find fixes for products beyond a certain point.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,865
    There is also an expectation here too that customer fix or figure out why stuff doesn't work. I don't mind helping when I can, but I don't think its the customers job to analyze and find fixes for products beyond a certain point.

I don't believe there is an expectation that we will fix errors for ourselves - however, fixing errors takes time (probably less if someone can figure out the cause and add it to the report) so where workarounds can be figured out they get posted, to enable people to use the product while the fix is being implemented and tested.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Unfortunately, not all reported product errors get fixed by Daz, even when explicit step by step instructions to recreate the problem are included in the help request. I now try harder to keep an eye on the calendar and return buggy products before the 30 days are up, if there is no satisfactory fix within that time period.

I don't believe there is an expectation that we will fix errors for ourselves - however, fixing errors takes time (probably less if someone can figure out the cause and add it to the report) so where workarounds can be figured out they get posted, to enable people to use the product while the fix is being implemented and tested.

Exactly, the more information you can give and put on a ticket, the quicker it can be fixed and resolved. JCM errors are can be difficult to track down because sometimes they won't be caught until it conflicts with another product... and sometimes the conflict comes from something having a similar name. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

My approach is to give it a few days after submitting a bug report and if a fix isn't on the way, return the item unless it's at some incredible sale price and/or I can get some decent use out of it.

If it doesn't work, you can always pick it up again later if it's ever fixed.

• gerterasmusgerterasmus Posts: 287
    Quick question. How does one go about returning a product? I've bought a lot of products over the years, and a lot of them didn't work as expected but I kept them all, just in case. Hercules is the first product I bought that I really regret.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,865
    Quick question. How does one go about returning a product? I've bought a lot of products over the years, and a lot of them didn't work as expected but I kept them all, just in case. Hercules is the first product I bought that I really regret.

Open a Sales Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143

The author forgot to put Multiply in the properties for all his JCMs for this product, so they're being applied to every G3M figure. It's really not all that difficult to fix (and doesn't require any other products), but it should definitely be fixed officially for those who don't know how to do it themselves.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2017

You have 30 days, so don't forget. It's not an open-ended "return it whenever" type thing.

Post edited by Novica on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Why would a barbarian even get gynecomastia? It just looks like an over the hill juicehead who's endocrine sytem is wrecked. Guaranteed barbarians did not have that problem on a hunter gatherer organic diet and no roids.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    DSDT said:

Why would a barbarian even get gynecomastia? It just looks like an over the hill juicehead who's endocrine sytem is wrecked. Guaranteed barbarians did not have that problem on a hunter gatherer organic diet and no roids.

Alternate reality.  Anything's possible. smiley