Skin Builder 3 render competition - Closing Date 31st of May 2017

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

The Healer

Skin, color blend, overlays-freckles, makeup, blush, shadows, liners, lips, brows, fantasy eyes, lashes, and nails.

Healer.jpg
    1220 x 847 - 1M
  • blacjacartblacjacart Posts: 8
    edited May 2017

I used the skin base, color blend, spider veins overlay, brows, lashes, and nails.

Sword Priestess of the Spider Goddess

For some reason, I'm not able to post the image into this window. 

Sword Priestess of the Spider Goddess III.jpg
    971 x 1500 - 817K
    Post edited by blacjacart on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    edited May 2017

Title: Prom Night

Skin Builder 3 options used (SB3 used on both figures):

Skin Base - Pale Texture

Overlays: Age Spots (1), Freckles, Acne (2)

Brows, Eyes, Lashes, Makeup, Nails

Prom Night

prom_night.png
    1000 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

"in the sun"

base skin, freckles, veins, eyebrows, lashes, and eyes (real) by skin builder 3.  rendered in iray, no postwork.

j

in-the-sun-1600px-web.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited May 2017

edited..

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited May 2017

Edited

Post edited by scorpio on
  • morkmork Posts: 278
    edited May 2017

*nice weather today*

Post edited by mork on
    edited May 2017

OMG something is messed with my windows. AI.... ok 31st it is...edit your posts so I don't look like an idiot:) I changes some colour scheme and 31st was greyed out:( Need more coffee to restore my vision:) My bad:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited May 2017
    Zev0 said:

OMG something is messed with my windows. AI.... ok 31st it is...edit your posts so I don't look like an idiot:) I changes some colour scheme and 31st was greyed out:( Need more coffee to restore my vision:) My bad:)

As much work as you do staring at a computer screen all day, it's surprising that you're coherant at all. :)  The only thing that keeps me going at this point is caffeine, so when my doctor took me off it for nearly four months my emailing skills dropped to zombie level.  :) (And to prove that point, I just posted a product question here, since it's early in the morning and I had this thread and the Product one crossed. :/ )

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited May 2017

"Oh, and I noticed your first item at that "other" store and was wondering if there was going to be a skin builder add on for it?"

No need for an addon. Load up Skinbuilder skin on figure then load that product after, and it will transfer skin over since that product uses the torso map loaded on the figure. In other words, it does not require specific maps because they are generated.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...uh oh, I thopught the end date was the 31st.  Been working on this one for a bit (tricky skin texture to create) and testing camera settings.

Full render takes 6 - 7 hours.

So is the deadline midnight Daz time?

It is 31st. There still a full day or so left.

edited May 2017

..thanks.  The reminder email bot had May 30th in the thread title.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Ye I did change it during my brainlapse but changed it back to31st.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gonna be tough on the judges I can already see!  Lots of beautiful stuff here!

...indeed. I nver envy anyonw who has to judge these challenges. 

Was difficult enough voting on RRRR entries.

• BastrupBastrup Posts: 42

Title: Daughter of sad

Options used: skin,freckles,eyes,lashes,liners,shadows and brows. 

Daughter Of Sad.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 704K
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

"low gravity"

base skin + colorblend, fine detail, veins, brows, nails, lashes, and eyes (fantasy) by skin blender 3.  rendered in iray, no postwork.

j

low-gravity-1600px-web.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 639K
  • AreynaAreyna Posts: 24

Title: Dorothy

Options used: Overlays-Skin Details-Blotches, Fine Detail; Overlays-Age Spots; Overlays-Spider Veins; Eyelashes; Brows. (I began with a skin modified from Saiyaness's Opal for Genesis 3 female.)

Dorthy (2600).jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M

Title: The Years Have Passed, But I Think About You Often

Options used: Overlays-Skin Details-Blotches, Fine Detail; Overlays-Age Spots; Overlays-Spider Veins; Eyelashes; Brows. (I began with a skin modified from Saiyaness's Opal for Genesis 3 female. Also, no postwork was done to this image.)

After All These Years.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M

Title: Dorothy's Portrait

Options used: Overlays-Skin Details-Blotches, Fine Detail; Overlays-Age Spots; Overlays-Spider Veins; Eyelashes; Brows. And EYES. (I began with a skin modified from Saiyaness's Opal for Genesis 3 female. This render is a result of going through Skin Builder 3 a number of times, (to show how she's aged over time). I also rendered a Skin Builder 3 only skin, which I used in Photoshop to enhance certain areas of the skin.)

Dorothy's Portrait (3250x2500).jpg
    2500 x 3250 - 4M
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Title: Look Ahead!

Used Base skin, freckles, moles, blotches and eyelashes, eyes.

Post work was adding a vignette

Look Ahead!.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 694K
    edited June 2017

Finally done. 

Used Base skin, Eyes, Eyebrows, Eyelashes, and Vascularity. (a true Albino skin is quite a challenge).

This work is a two fold tribute.  In the character's story, it is remembering someone who she was very close to, In RL it is paying homage to one of the co-creators of the original Skin Builder Pro, and Skin Builder Pro 3 who is no longer with us.

Title:   Remembrance.

Click on thunbnail for full version

rememberance.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 913K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2017

Two more entries that are variations of each other. Once again, I had a beautiful set of eyes that just didn't show up in the original concept, so I did a close-up to show them off, varying the camera angle to get the best shot of the eyes.

Kissin' Cousins

Kissin' Cousins, by L'Adair

Aspen

Aspen, by L'Adair

SB3 options used: Skin: Color Blend. Overlays: Skin Details, Dark Pores; Freckles; Veins, Head and Body. Makeup: Shadow, Liner, Lips. Brows. Lashes. Eyes: Real, Color Blend.

That's it for me. I'd just like to say "Thank you, Zev0," for the product and the contest. Using SB3 and coming up with ideas to use the new skins for this contest has been the most fun I've had with 3D art in a long time. I just couldn't stop playing!

Kissin-Cousins-SB3-entry-10.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Aspen-SB3-entry-11.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 2M
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited May 2017

Used

Base, Overlay, brows, makeup- lips eyeshadow 

Golden Elf

Golden-Elf.jpg
    849 x 1200 - 152K
    Post edited by scorpio on
    L'Adair said:

Two more entries that are variations of each other. Once again, I had a beautiful set of eyes that just didn't show up in the original concept, so I did a close-up to show them off, varying the camera angle to get the best shot of the eyes.

Kissin' Cousins

Kissin' Cousins, by L'Adair

Aspen

Aspen, by L'Adair

SB3 options used: Skin: Color Blend. Overlays: Skin Details, Dark Pores; Freckles; Veins, Head and Body. Makeup: Shadow, Liner, Lips. Brows. Lashes. Eyes: Real, Color Blend.

That's it for me. I'd just like to say "Thank you, Zev0," for the product and the contest. Using SB3 and coming up with ideas to use the new skins for this contest has been the most fun I've had with 3D art in a long time. I just couldn't stop playing!

..oohh pretty. 

My character Leela would like her. 

...indeed the was a great challenge, so many excellent submissions I don't envy you having to make the choices. 

Would have submitted a few more entries myself, however some rather serious and impending RL issues over the last couple months have been competing for most of my attention. Happy just to get the one in that I did.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Same for me kyoto kid, too much real life in the way but I am happy I got two of them done anyway and I am looking forward to making very good use of this in the future.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Same for me kyoto kid, too much real life in the way but I am happy I got two of them done anyway and I am looking forward to making very good use of this in the future.

I could have written the very same. It's been such fun seeing everybody else's entries too. I don't think I've used a ready-made female texture once since acquiring SB3. One of those I've made has already become a favourite, and if she and her existing SB3 sisters are inappropriate for the job then it's quick and enjoyable to make somebody new who's more suitable. Even some of the menfolk in my runtime owe their existence to SB3 and the UV transfer product. SB3 is probably my all-time favourite DS purchase, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

edited June 2017
    ...same here. SBP3 has made G3F so much more useful for me as it saves me hundreds in having to purchase individual character content just to get a variety of different skins since older skin maps are not compatible (without going through a lot of trouble).