Skin Builder 3 render competition - Closing Date 31st of May 2017

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited May 2017 in The Commons

Welcome to the Skin Builder 3 render competition. We want to see what you create:) Images will be judged on overal composition, lighting and use of the product.

Competition Rules are as follows and are Final.

-All entries MUST be submitted here to participate. Entries can be submitted in galleries as well for personal use but won't be judged there.

-Entries can be any size format that the site allows

-Entries must have a Title

-Entries can be rendered in any render engine (Reality, luxus etc)

-Post work is allowed

-You my submit entries where aspects of Skin Builder 3 has been applied to other character skins.

-At least 3 options from the product must be used and must be mentioned when posting your entry (just tab names so we have a reference).

-Any amount of entries can be posted.

-Closing Date 31st of May 2017

Judges decisions are final

Prizes

1st Prize $100 DAZ store voucher and any 3 items from Zev0 store (EXC Bundles)
2nd Prize $50 DAZ store voucher and any 2 items from Zev0 store (EXC Bundles)
3rd Prize $25 DAZ store voucher and any 1 item from Zev0 store (EXC Bundles)
Honorable mention1 - Any 2 item from Zev0 (EXC Bundles)
Honorable mention 2 - Any 1 item from Zev0 store (EXC Bundles)

Winning entries might be selected as additional promo artwork depending on image dimensions. Winning artists will be promoted and mentioned.

We look forward to see what you come up with:)

This thread is for entries only and competition related questions. Product disscusions can be discussed here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/122281/skin-builder-3-merchant-resource-for-genesis-3-female-commercial/p1

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Should we only use default options or can we used items we've added to SB3? Maybe in addition to the 3 required options? 

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

You can use whatever you like as long as the basic requirements of 3 from the product is used.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

OtherWorldly

I used freckles, veins, fantasy eyes, eye make up, blush, lipstick, eyeliner, the mottled looking tab that I can't remember what its called. Oh and eyebrows and of course, the main skin colors were changed.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited May 2017

FIRST PURPLE GIRL IN THE CONTEST

(but probably not the last. :) )

Used:  Base skin (pale), lips, eye shadow, lashes, liner, blush, dark pores, details, veins, tan, color blend adjustment, Eyes (realistic and fantasy mixed), partridge in a pear tree... whoops, no, not that last one... I meant nails.

This was one of my first tests, so I used pretty much everything except the gen hair and brow options, where I used fiber.  I started out with the pale base with the subsurface color to a birght pink, then started dabbling in a lot of multiple passes in different shades of white, violet and lavender on the lips, eye shadow, lashes, blush, dark pores, details, veins and then a custom couple of passes using the Tan setting but with a blank no-suit template as it seems to offer a bit more control and saturation than the body color blend adjustment layer, though I used that too.  And then I lost track of everything I used on the eyes, but they're mostly a mix of realistic and toon elements.I then hit the whole thing with NGS2 and... well, she's purple, alright. :)         

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Where are the listed options you used lol. That is a requirement.

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited April 2017

ok, hope its cropped enough :)

The Full Render is on my Deviantart Account (Jennyver)

used the tanlines, veins, details, lipstick, eyecolor and brows on Adele for Genesis 3 Female.

Together_children_friendly.jpg
    1000 x 1090 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • tattooedillusionstattooedillusions Posts: 152
    edited April 2017

Summer Heat

Used skin (lightened up some), skin detail, poors, brows, eyes, makeup, lips, tanlines

Summer Heat.jpg
    1920 x 1320 - 1M
    Post edited by tattooedillusions on
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited April 2017

Becky

Used: Skin, Freckles, Veins, Moles,Color Blend (rose tattoo), Brows

BeckyR.png
    1250 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Tottallou on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited April 2017

Stories From Nana

Used:Freckles, age spots veins, spider veins, eyes, eyes lashes, eyebrows 

nanasGarden.jpg
    833 x 1000 - 691K
    Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...that is really nice.

...wish I coiuld enter but a dire RL situation has occurred which pretty much demands all my attention so I still have a roof over my head.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited April 2017

Used Base skin and colour blend, Overlays - blotches and veins, makeup -lips, brows, and Eyes

Wood Nymph

Wood-Nymph.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 225K
    Post edited by scorpio on

...that's really nice.  Who is the base character?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    kyoto kid said:

...that's really nice.  Who is the base character?

Thanks;

she's just a dial spin, the body is a bit Giselle(genX) and Aiko7 and Ceridwen, the face is Apryish's Calais again via genx and Ceridwen.

..nice combo, was first wondering if the base figure was Ninive. 

• blacjacartblacjacart Posts: 8
    edited April 2017

Gemma

I used the skin base, freckles overlay, lips, eye lashes, and brow.

Gemma Contest.jpg
    1941 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited April 2017

Green surprise

used skin base with altered colours, colour blend, overlay blotches and veins ( not much see of those) makup blush, shadow eyeliner and lips, brows, lashes and nails. On top I added a layer with Ceridwens silver glitter just because ;)

green_surprise.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited April 2017

'Stellar Beauty'

Featuring SB3 on G3M (thanks to SloshWerks' UV Swap) and a cosmicly enhanced G3F. Also starring SB3 tabs 'Skin', 'Overlays' (blotchiness, veins and spider veins), 'Make Up' (eyeshadow and lips), 'Eyes' and 'Nails'.

Stellar_Beauty.png
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited May 2017

Title - THE GHOULS NEXT DOOR

Used (Both figures): Color blending, veins, dark pores, fine detail and blotchiness, nipple color, eyes (realistic and fantasy options), lips, blush, eyeshadow, lashes & nails.  Blue figure ONLY:  All the above plus Skin base (pale), eyebrows.

I started off doing this for a contest over at DevArt and that version can be seen in my gallery there under the title "Carmilla Digs Up An Old Girlfriend".  However, that version is so completely not DAZ or work safe (exposed naughty bits) that I chose to do this alternate version with slightly different lighting and some basic skimpware.  The purple-hued vampire girl actually started off as an existing skin, FWSA Narkissa, whose skin turned out to look a lot more human than I'd expected, so I hit it with the Color blending, veins, dark pores, fine detail and blotchiness, completely created a new makeup with lips, blush and shadow, as well as created new eyes and adjusted the nipple color (not shown :P.)  The second girl was completely generated in SB3 using the base pale skin at full, then multiple passes of fine detail, dark pores, blotchiness, veins, eyes using the fantasy options, eyebrows, lips, blush, eyeshadow, lashes & nipple adjust (also not shown :p :p)... Both characters also got a hit of NGS2 and their hair was adjusted using Out Of Touch's hair shader kits.    

UPDATE:  The naughty version ended up winning first place in that contest, so go Skin Builder!

Ghoul Girls DAZ Forum version.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

The Ghouls Next Door

I started off doing this for a contest over at DevArt and that version is can be seen in my gallery there under the title "Carmilla Digs Up An Old Girlfriend".  However, that version was so completely not DAZ or work safe (exposed naughty bits) that I chose to do this alternate version with slightly different lighting and some basic skimpware.  The purple-hued vampire girl actually started off as an existing skin, FWSA Narkissa, whose skin turned out to look a lot more human than I'd expected, so I hit it with the Color blending, veins, dark pores, fine detail and blotchiness, completely created a new makeup with lips, blush and shadow, as well as created new eyes and adjusted the nipple color (not shown :P.)  The second girl was completely generated in SB3# using the base pale skin at full, then multiple passes of fine detail, dark pores, blotchiness, veins, eyes using the fantasy options, eyebrows, lips, blush, eyeshadow, lashes & nipple adjust (also not shown :p :p)... Both characters also got a hit of NGS2 and their hair was adjusted using Out Of Touch's hair shader kits.    

They've just turned 18...

That would be 18 kills each, for the those that misunderstand. :)

They look great, great title.

'Stellar Beauty'

Featuring SB3 on G3M (thanks to SloshWerks' UV Swap) and a cosmicly enhanced G3F. Also starring SB3 tabs 'Skin', 'Overlays' (blotchiness, veins and spider veins), 'Make Up' (eyeshadow and lips), 'Eyes' and 'Nails'.

Love the composition and the ideas; looks great too.

'Stellar Beauty'

...well done and funny.

• blacjacartblacjacart Posts: 8
    edited May 2017

Jaytay and Triyeetha

These are characters for a short story my brother had written.

Jaytay was made with the Gia 7 figure (altered a bit).  I used a skin base, pores, face acne overlay (x2), and brow.

Triyeetha was made with the Aiko 7 figure.  I used a skin base, color overlay, mole overlay, eye shadow and liner, and eyes.

Jaytay and Triyeetha big.jpg
    1941 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by blacjacart on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2017

The Elder

The Elder, by L'Adair

Qualifying options: Skin Base, Skin Details, Veins, Eyes-Real, Eyes-Color Blend, Lashes.

The-Elder-SB3-entry-01.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Awesome centaur, L'Adair! :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2017
    Odaa said:

Awesome centaur, L'Adair! :)

Thanks. smiley blush

I used Dale for G3M and added the SB3 materials. I also used Vascularity for G3M. The look I was going for was that of his hair and skin matching the coat of the horse. I also used Pose Builder for Genesis 3 to apply the upper pose. (Blatant plug for Pose Builder to follow...) At this point, there aren't a lot of poses for the centaur, but using Pose Builder 3, any G3 pose, male or female, can be applied to the human part of the model. Depending on the pose of the centaur body, one may need to tweak the bends at the join, but Pose Builder really opens up the possibilities...

ETA: I added him to the gallery, (here,) along with a full list of DAZ products used.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Some gorgeous skins here!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited May 2017

This one has skin, freckles - body and face, moles - just body, veins, eyebrows,  

Frankie.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 337K
    Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    edited May 2017

River's Daughter

I used the Skin base, Color Overlays, Skin Details,Brows, Eyes, Makeup and Nails.

Riversdaughter.png
    1545 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • ShozaiShozai Posts: 30
    edited May 2017

Hello :)

Title: Anabelle

i used the pure pale skin base, skin details and veins, Makeup Shadows, Blush, Lips and Lashes. :)

Anabelle.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 2M
    Post edited by Shozai on
  • MendomanMendoman Posts: 401

Hello all, here's my first entry called "Jungle shower". The skin is entirely made with Skin Builder 3 ( the skin, moles, freckles, lips, lashes etc...). Also eyes are made with SB3, but since her eyes are closed, I'm not sure if that counts laugh She has fibre eyebrows, so that's only thing that does not come from SB3

black_bikini.png
    1414 x 2000 - 5M