hi does anyone know how to do a dark scene like this with candlelight so confused and need help

lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001
edited April 2017 in New Users

i am trying to do a dark scene in iray with a candlelight glowing on her face  like this pic  

03-ig-iray-lights-and-shaders---candles-daz3d.jpg
1260 x 1300 - 209K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I can move this thread into the New Users Help Forum for you,

THere are people there who are used to answering all sorts of questions about how to get the most out of your software.

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

thanks so much chohole

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846

In the Iray settings set the Environment Mode to Scene Only. This will turn off all the environment lights, such as the HDRI and Sun, etc.

Then just add your candle light.

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229

I take it you're using Iray? Make sure your candle has the iray uber shader applied (It's in Shader presets/Iray/Daz uber). Now go to your surfaces pane, if you dont have it open you can go to Window/Panes/Surfaces. Find the material zone of the flame. Now you need to find the Emission color section and set the color to white, it might even be useful to put the flames diffuse image in the image slot on the left hand side of the color bar. Now you need to Luminance units to Kcdm², and set the emission temperature to a warm value (like 3000(K) ). Finally, you need to set the Luminance to a fairly strong value since its such a small light source, try 1000 Kcdm² and keep going up until you get the desired effect. I know this sounds like a lot but most of the tinkering takes place in a very small section of the shader set up.

hi how do i get the candle light to glow on the face though 

ty so much  i will try that   thanks  so much 

ty so much  i will try that   thanks  so much 

No problem, i'll follow this post so if you get stuck just leave a comment.

ty so much my friend   i prob will get stuck    how often you here online eastern standard 

ty so much my friend   i prob will get stuck    how often you here online eastern standard 

I'm in England, GMT. I'm a PA though so i'm quite active on the forums, you can catch me pretty much any time.

thanks buddy   so the candlelight will glow like the pic after i do that    oh what can i do about the fireflys when io render darkness 

oh how do i make it dark in the scene 

thanks buddy   so the candlelight will glow like the pic after i do that    oh what can i do about the fireflys when io render darkness 

This is a bit more tricky to answer. The fireflies are caused by a high emission light interacting with your characters skin, more specifically the specular shading on your characters skin. What i normally do in this case is use a low emission value and boost the light with a diffuse mesh light. I sell a product called Iray ghost light kit that does this. You don't have to buy it however, i've written a tutorial on how to do it yourself here. Ghost lights have no specular effect so they don't cause fireflies like traditional mesh lights.

You can make the scene dark by going to the Render tab/Environment and change the Environment mode to scene only. Also, make sure your cameras headlamp is turned off by going to Render tab/General and change the Auto headlamp drop down to Never.

ty you so much for taking the time to help  i really appreciate it   thanks so much 

edited April 2017

The attached image is what i believe you are trying to achieve, i did this with one ghost light and the render took around 20 seconds. Again, you dont have to buy anything, It's all there for you in the tutorial. Best of luck!

Glight.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 173K
    Post edited by KindredArts on

this is the pic i want to do a candelight on 

_a_woman_reaching_out_to_god_in_heaven_by_flap18-db6xnqs.jpg
    1117 x 715 - 168K

i made this 

and i want to turn into a candlelight scene 

by the way i looked at my account   and i bought your product a while ago   never used it yet    i buy things and i forget i have them 

cause more cool things keep comiing out  lol 

ty very much  yup  thats the pic i am looking for 

by the way i looked at my account   and i bought your product a while ago   never used it yet    i buy things and i forget i have them 

cause more cool things keep comiing out  lol 

Don't worry, i scoop up a lot of content too, i usually find a use for it sooner or later.

If you follow the methods i've given to you, you'll get the effect you want. It might take a little bit of time to get used to, but you'll get it back ten-fold in saved render time. 

hi i was wondering if you can help me with this too 

ok i want to take a shirt or jacket from daz studio that i purchased and put it in photoshop and put my own logo or pic on the shirt or jacket 

now the problem is when i change the shader to iray in the surface tab in daz studio  it turns into the texture  now how do i use the iray shader and put the pic on the shirt 

thats the problem i need help with

hi i was wondering if you can help me with this too 

ok i want to take a shirt or jacket from daz studio that i purchased and put it in photoshop and put my own logo or pic on the shirt or jacket 

now the problem is when i change the shader to iray in the surface tab in daz studio  it turns into the texture  now how do i use the iray shader and put the pic on the shirt 

thats the problem i need help with

You'll have to clarify a bit, have you already placed your logo on the jacket/shirts UVs in photoshop or are you asking how to do that? If it's just a logo i'd normally do it with a decal, but if you have a good idea of what the uv layout is, you can definitely do it in photoshop. Remember though, uvs give you a 2d representation of a 3d object, so it's quite easy to get texture stretching or other errors.

yes i did   i was trying to put it on a varsity jacket with iray leather shader the shaders are from sveva at renderosity

asking how to do it   also add wrinkles to the jacket sleeves  i am trying to do that too   cant do that for the life of me  no matter how hard i try 

yes i did   i was trying to put it on a varsity jacket with iray leather shader the shaders are from sveva at renderosity

If you are going to use shaders, they will normally overwrite the default textures and use tiling textures instead, in which case it's best to use a decal. There are several ways to do it, including LIE, but they are quite a bit more complex than just using a decal.

ok how can i use the decal 

oh by the way i just looked at your store  your work  is manificent   love it 

this is the second thing i need help with 

ok i want to save an expression as a pose set but i want that pose set  rendered  so  when i look at the image it saves as a render face 

can someone show me how to do that   very confused on how to do that 

thanks so much

ok how can i use the decal 

oh by the way i just looked at your store  your work  is manificent   love it 

Thank you :) Here is a tutorial i made on doing your own decals LINK

Again, it's a bit of work, but less work than your other options i would say.

your so welcome  ty so much for that tutorial  i will definitely read that