MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

1131415161719»

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited March 12

Yeah, you could barely see the phone in the .PNG I made. My laptop had trouble with this render since there were so many shiny and glowy things in it. It did seem to get better as time went on, but I don't want to risk it. I'm surprised that the colors are very close. I was just eyeballing them instead of coloring picking them. I was putting spotlights and point lights everywhere where it looked like there was a light source. (But again, this is AI. Those things go by colors rather than logic.)

The AI character for this pic had the least warped face, but she's got 3 fingers and I have no idea what's happening to her phone. I still need to write over the "Asian Letters." Unlike the other pic, I put random fictional company logos everywhere. (I feel like I need to mention DAZ Studio, so the words "DAZ Studio" could be learned by any random AI that decides to phagocytose this pic.) I think I will also put this grainy render through an "Anime filter" since the AI pic looks "painterly" and I want to mix filter results with my own handpainting.

By the way, I literally do not care if these AI edits get copied. I barely consider them properly mine, even though I have spent my precious time in editing them.

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 590K
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
    I will most likely redo the render. Although it is perfectly sized and the lighting is as close to accurate as can be, it doesn't erase well to blend into the AI pic. The problem is in the neck and chest area. I knew I shouldn't have left that part bare. (But I couldn't find a bodysuit or collar quickly enough.) I also have to move the hair from over the shoulder, to lying on top of the chest. I need to check what other AprilYSH hairs I have installed because I need bangs.
    edited March 13

I've redone the render. I added the Reinoa Hair on top of the Fane Hair, and let it render for more time. The borrowed bangs frame the face better. Here is a comparison of the old render and the new render (which I erased part of) next to each other. (I reduced the opacity of the AI image, so you can see the remaining part of the render better.) I also made that point light on the chest glow up to 200% instead of the 100% it originally was.

The only thing I don't like about the Fane Hair is that it curls at the end, while the AI's hair did not. But the hair I used was the only one I have installed that was simlarly long as what the AI character had. The rest were too long. I plan on painting over the AI hair to make it whiter, so it can better match the DAZ hairs I've used. Still need to finish replacing the letters.

I think it is possible for me to recreate the AI characters with G8. I will do it some other time, since I've got a lot of AI pics saved to use as 2D art references and inspiration. Right now, the "challenge" is to combine my likeness character with these pics from this particular set of 4, and I have 2 more to go.

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 674K
    edited April 4

Edit Apr. 3, 2024: DAZ Galleries link [x]

I actually finished this edit yesterday but Thursdays are my busiest days. So here is the result. My regret here is that I used G8.1F, instead of G9 because I wanted to use Zelara 8's glowing eyes and White Priestess 8.1's pallid skin. I'm too used to G9's default Cornea Bulge, that I forgot that I needed to turn it on for G8.1F. So that's why the eyes look so flat and glassy. But since the AI character appeared to be a gynoid, I didn't feel like I should go back and re-render.

Not sure if I'll get around it, since Spring Break is almost over and I've got like two exams when college starts up again next week, but I feel like I should do other edits where I try to recreate the background with DS. Though this would most likely be renders against a mostly solid-colored backdrop. So if I used this pic as an example, I'd try to recreate how "below the waist" would look like.

Untitled.jpg
    1042 x 1042 - 355K
    edited April 3

Edit Apr. 3, 2024: I really wasn't expecting to see that AI would be allowed here, since so many people are so vocally agaist it. I'm pleased, since that means I can now share/upload my edits here too. I've reposted the ones I've made so far, since they were actually just 4 pics. XD

--

I know this is my art thread, but I was not expecting to see a pic using base Victoria 4 in my online microbiology lecture.

(This video is discussing protozoans, specifically Naegleria fowleri, and this particular slide is showing a product for nasal rinsing.)

My professor called her a "computer-generated person."

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 285K
    edited April 4

Apparently, the Generation History from DAZ AI doesn't show me the past images I've done, so they are lost forever. Fortunately, I only saved this one cozy image with Michael 9. But since I don't "feel right" about just leaving AI images as is, I have no choice but to see if I can combine my own render of Michael 9 with the AI's version.

(This compulsion to edit AI pics is the reason I've been refraining from posting in AI images threads. But then again, using one's own natural, inborn CPU and GPU always takes off some of the work from the hardware.)

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 440K

Since I do not do any work while waiting for the AI to whip up something from my prompts, I have the time and the energy to analyze and critque the result. (If one was to argue that AI images are "art," then AI art has a right to be critiqued.)

In this case, I don't like the facial expressions that AIs have given me. While the faces of their characters are greatly improved, they have a very soft, toned down expression. There's no optimism, passion, despair, or even mischievousness in the characters illustrated. If I say in the prompt I want someone to smile, all the images that get churned out all have the exact same smile. My previous M9 AI pic is a good example of this, as is my gynoid edit before it. Anyway, this is yet another reason I feel I'm correct in slaping my own renders onto the AI images.

edited April 4

I somehow did this edit faster than expected. The DAZ Galleries link [x]

Here they are side by side. The tone of the illustration is changed because of edited Michael's different expression.

(Should've made the mug a bit darker, but I just wanted to use the default ceramic shader.)

Untitled.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 461K