Dante 7

Comments

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

The Pro Bundle has been in and out my cart all day - the only reason I'd buy it is for the Gift Card, and I don't know if I need one enough to buy a Pro bundle I'd never use. Dante doesn't grab me - I have Leo and Ivan, none of the clothes is of interest, and only April's hair is.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,342
    Uthgard said:

either I'm really old be 45 this year cause I am suprised a lot of you don't get the war horse meaning as it has two for example back in the day when I was younger men that were considered hunks were called stallions aand war horse well he is a warrior so thought it was kinda obvious there and of course there's the term hung like a horse but of course they'd never mean that

Unless you bought the Pro Bundle...

yeah I saw above something mentioned about horses never saw that on the sales page and hadn't looked at the promo email so I guess I already own what ever horses and related in the deal all I could see were arenas and gladiator poses

It's in the bonus buyer banner

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

I think that Dante 7 would pair well with Arabella 7.   On the fence as many are on this purchase. But for 29.00 you get 2 additional HD heads. Which would help out a scene. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I don't understand why none none of the males have body hair... No hair at all on their chest, arms, or legs? A beefy guy like that would definitely have body hair unless he was a current waxed and oiled up type body builder. It seems like none of the G3 men have body hair that I can recall. I'm wondering why that is. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

I like Dante generally - got the pro pack. I did shrink his eyes down - they are HUGE and moved them closer to each other and down a little. I do appreciate the nice, Roman nose tho ;).

Laurie

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I don't understand why none none of the males have body hair... No hair at all on their chest, arms, or legs? A beefy guy like that would definitely have body hair unless he was a current waxed and oiled up type body builder. It seems like none of the G3 men have body hair that I can recall. I'm wondering why that is. 

Well, many of the genesis 3 men use the same hairless skin resource kits without hair. Adding hair requires extra work, and some people prefer to use fiber mesh.

I personally like a hairy and non-hairy option. I like to layer fiber mesh over painted on hair for more realism. So having hairless textures seems a bit odd to me. I like to have both. 

• Uthgard said:

either I'm really old be 45 this year cause I am suprised a lot of you don't get the war horse meaning as it has two for example back in the day when I was younger men that were considered hunks were called stallions aand war horse well he is a warrior so thought it was kinda obvious there and of course there's the term hung like a horse but of course they'd never mean that

Unless you bought the Pro Bundle...

yeah I saw above something mentioned about horses never saw that on the sales page and hadn't looked at the promo email so I guess I already own what ever horses and related in the deal all I could see were arenas and gladiator poses

It's in the bonus buyer banner

aah I see that now didn't look at that as figured was just related to the current freebie being mm bonus buyer already had horse 2 pro so nothing really else there for except g wings though thought had/have something like that sey  as I've done few renders of flying horses with the flying cats

• I don't understand why none none of the males have body hair... No hair at all on their chest, arms, or legs? A beefy guy like that would definitely have body hair unless he was a current waxed and oiled up type body builder. It seems like none of the G3 men have body hair that I can recall. I'm wondering why that is. 

probably cause some may complain as it probably wouldn't be a shaved version as well think some complained about a facially unshaved character  and there was another non daz character/s that someone made that weren't fully shaved chests which I was ok with but they preferred fully shaved which is rare realisticly for older males still I guess if we want hairy chests bodies it is probably easier for us to add hair then it is to remove it 

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

It's a well known fact that tough guys always wax. Even in ancient times.

Seriously though I think its for the same reason they're all bald. There are so many different styles, growth patterns I guess, colors, etc., that it would be better to let a PA create a set of body hair. Like Project Hairy 456. I don't have one for G3 males, if such a product exists yet. I have yet to try Project out on a G3 - maybe it would work since it works off a geoshell. But I agree, with that armor showing skin they need some hair to look more natural.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,484
    Llynara said:

I like him, he's interesting. Reminds me a lot of the bad guy in The Highlander. Can't remember his name off the top of my head. I think he'll add plenty to the gene pool once people start playing with him. The price and the items in the Pro bundle are great. 

Kurgan!

• Joe Webb said:

Seriously though I think its for the same reason they're all bald. There are so many different styles, growth patterns I guess, colors, etc., that it would be better to let a PA create a set of body hair. Like Project Hairy 456. I don't have one for G3 males, if such a product exists yet. I have yet to try Project out on a G3 - maybe it would work since it works off a geoshell. But I agree, with that armor showing skin they need some hair to look more natural.

Real Hairy for G2M works nicely on G3M and doesn't hit render times too hard. Oh My Body Hair over on Renderosity looks fantastic, is natively for G3M, and is waaaaaay cheaper, but it really renders slow.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,862

Yeah the body hair bugs me too. I have no problem with it being a part of the skin texture.
    I believe the only characters with chest hair are Michael and Ivan?

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    Joe Webb said:

Real Hairy for G2M works nicely on G3M and doesn't hit render times too hard. Oh My Body Hair over on Renderosity looks fantastic, is natively for G3M, and is waaaaaay cheaper, but it really renders slow.

Thanks! That's really good to know!

edited April 2017

Here he is with just a few changes - the largest change being I scaled his eyes WAY down and moved them around a bit and reshaped them slightly. Other changes are very small and all using the base morph pack. I did dial in Gianni's HD morphs.

Laurie

Dante.jpg
    1000 x 828 - 437K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited April 2017

I mixed in Elijah and Lucians head a bit and Elijahs body  a tad.

Dante.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 172K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • TercelTercel Posts: 100
    scorpio said:

I mixed in Elijah and Lucians head a bit and Elijahs body  a tad.

And now my credit card takes another hit!!!

• All these combo men look great.  I think about Dante the same as Mika.  The shapes are better as added morphs than at 100%.  But they are good add-ons.

I was really happy to finally get the big cat from the horse sale.  I missed it the last time it was deeply discounted.  

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Great renders! I can't wait to render the new FW characters in that Pro bundle too (Noah and Brett.) Both are gorgeous. Love the FW guys! 

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Mixing and matching DAZ males really does produce some nice dudes for a lot of looks and genres.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,193

I'm not sure about Dante. He's got this odd face that looks unfinished and wild-eyed, a wide torso and funny under developed arms and his clothing is mostly not useful. They've reallly done the warrior stuff several times for men. I'm still wishing for more sci-fi outfits. Every character this generation is a warrior it seems.

I always enjoy your analysis of these releases. Spot on. I never could acclimate to Genevieve's eyes. These look similar. Pass.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Or an Armed Forces Day Bundle for G3M & G3F since they keep doing warrior clothing. There is the inconvenience of having to look up and follow the specs but if they do modern issue then they have the bonus of likely covering most of the world because the manufacture is mostly outsourced and the patterns are identical. Just make templates for the different countries, ranks, ribbons, and patches and they're set.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2017

Thoughts before downloading...

The physical build reminds me of some of the old-school Hollywood actors, with the barrel chest and more ordinary limbs. Maybe John Wayne in his late prime, before he started getting seriously fat? I like the face as well, kind of in the style of the deceased British character Jack Hawkins (Quintus Arrius in the 1950s Ben Hur). The chin is a bit much-you can tell the creator was imagining how it would look with a beard, but clean-shaven it ends up being overkill. Should be easy to fix though. Skin looks much better in the purchaser's renders than the promo art.

I called him the "responsible adult" of the G3M line in another thread, at least in contrast to cute young men like Elijah/Guy/Kenji/Lee, roguish Gianni/Darius, pouty Michael, boozy Ivan, and grumpy Lucian. The only other base male with that look of authority to me is Kimo. It is true that G3M lacks a classically square-jawed, generically-handsome type like Scott 6 or the earlier Michaels, but that's a knock on Michael 7 and maybe Gianni and Lucian, not on "character" types like Elijah and Dante.

Hairstyles are variants on stuff we've already seen for G3M, but the clothes look useful and the two Fred Winkler chars are attractive.

Post edited by Odaa on

For anyone who owns Dante does dialing in the body scale his body taller? I understand dialing the whole character probably does  thanks

• Odaa said:

Thoughts before downloading...

The physical build reminds me of some of the old-school Hollywood actors, with the barrel chest and more ordinary limbs. Maybe John Wayne in his late prime, before he started getting seriously fat? I like the face as well, kind of in the style of the deceased British character Jack Hawkins (Quintus Arrius in the 1950s Ben Hur). The chin is a bit much-you can tell the creator was imagining how it would look with a beard, but clean-shaven it ends up being overkill. Should be easy to fix though. Skin looks much better in the purchaser's renders than the promo art.

I called him the "responsible adult" of the G3M line in another thread, at least in contrast to cute young men like Elijah/Guy/Kenji/Lee, roguish Gianni/Darius, pouty Michael, boozy Ivan, and grumpy Lucian. The only other base male with that look of authority to me is Kimo. It is true that G3M lacks a classically square-jawed, generically-handsome type like Scott 6 or the earlier Michaels, but that's a knock on Michael 7 and maybe Gianni and Lucian, not on "character" types like Elijah and Dante.

Hairstyles are variants on stuff we've already seen for G3M, but the clothes look useful and the two Fred Winkler chars are attractive.

I thought exactly the same thing...looks like the old school tough guy, Richard Burton, Steve Reeves, Johnny Weissmueller, William Shatner...LOL  Those guys generally had a big frame and a bit of a paunch (except Reeves).  I couldn't help but think that whoever designed Dante must've seen a lot of those 60's gladiator films.  I'm happy to have him.  I think he adds an interesting dimension to the general pretty boy genre, but has a more average looking build than Ivan (super tough guy) or George's super fat look. 

All in all, I think the Dante Pro Bundle is a good purchase if you just want some of the clothes.  Although, I will say that I'm still hoping the Ivan Pro Bundle goes on sale again before too long.  I really missed getting that monk outfit..etc.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

He's Victor Mature crossed with Negan.

edited April 2017

For anyone who owns Dante does dialing in the body scale his body taller? I understand dialing the whole character probably does  thanks

No, it does not. Of all the male morphs I own (most of them), Leo is the only one that changes the height when the body is dialed in.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,708

He's Victor Mature crossed with Negan.

Boom!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2017

Just a quickie while dinner finishes. Here's FWSA Noah HD. He seems a little shy and very cute! He looks like one of the hotties from those fireman calendars. Not that I have any hanging on the wall...*GRINS*

Looks like he could do some Dirty Dancing too. Just sayin'.

Click for bigger hunkiness. *resists urge to start a fire*

I'll do Brett and Dante next.

FW Noah.png
    1500 x 1438 - 1M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited April 2017

Noah dressed in Havoc outfit.

Noah04pic06.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 251K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2017

I'm disappointed in the hair products. I was hoping for more originality. These styles have been done before. 

Thanks for checking his scaling, Allenart! =-)

Post edited by Serene Night on