Dale by Saiyaness

Comments

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    nattaruk said:

I seldom do portraits but here's a close up of Dale from my scene Tales of the Sea.

Did you do this in 3Delight or Iray? 

I almost didn't provide 3Delight material presets. I couldn't get him to look anywhere near his Iray version. :p 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,950
    edited April 2017

A quick bash using some items I have not uded before:

Dale.jpg
    1700 x 2800 - 738K
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

That's exactly who I thought of. LOL

Laurie

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525
    Saiyaness said:
    nattaruk said:

I seldom do portraits but here's a close up of Dale from my scene Tales of the Sea.

I almost didn't provide 3Delight material presets. I couldn't get him to look anywhere near his Iray version. :p 

All my renders are in 3Delight. I am extremely grateful that you provided 3Delight materials. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,244
    edited March 2017

Loving this character, especially the details and the added hair options.

here is a quick render. 100% Dale, lil bit George, William and DAZ.

Dale the Hitman

He reminds me or David Morse.

Post edited by barbult on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

Wow, that character is so awesome he played in Terminator 2, or rather the special effects were awesome.

• we all agree he looks like someone we've seen somewhere in something or maybe it's beacuse you've done such a great realistic character he looks like someone we could actually imagine seeing meeting in real life or on tv or in movies you've really raised the bar with him and everyone loved your other creations like Nyrari so what's/who's next maybe Daz should get you to create some offical Daz base models

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,607
    edited March 2017

More fun with Dale, LOL This time 100% Dale, 42% Darius 7 head and 23% William face mature

ncisdale.jpg
    1544 x 870 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,078

More fun with Dale, LOL This time 100% Dale, 42% Darius 7 head and 23% William face mature

Wow-his face mixes VERY well with others.  Really like this one!

• GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    nattaruk said:
    Saiyaness said:
    nattaruk said:

All my renders are in 3Delight. I am extremely grateful that you provided 3Delight materials. 

Same here, first thing I check is 'are 3Delight mats provided, .. if not-No Purchase' I certainly will not support vendors who produce Iray Only products.
    Of course, Dale went straight to my runtime

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    SimonJM said:

A quick bash using some items Ihave not uded before:

Great work, Simon! Can I ask where the cassock is from?

SimonJM said:

Odd, I get a broken image link. Is the image being served from an insecure site? I'm using newest chrome.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    SimonJM said:

Odd, I get a broken image link. Is the image being served from an insecure site? I'm using newest chrome.

I am getting the broken link too.

• marble said:
    SimonJM said:

The uploaded file was deleted after inserting the in-line code. Those us with it in our cache still see it, but others don't

Odaa said:
    SimonJM said:

If memory serves it's by Toyen from 'rosity

marble said:
    SimonJM said:

I'll see what I can do when I'm more awake :)

SimonJM said:
    Odaa said:
    SimonJM said:

marble said:
    SimonJM said:

Hopefully fixed

• erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262

Saiyaness' Abel textures look good on him too!

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    Odaa said:
    SimonJM said:

marble said:
    SimonJM said:

Hopefully fixed

Thanks, very good. 

edited April 2017

Here is another Dale mixed with various other people. I like to mix things.

Dale with others mixed in Transporter_001.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    edited April 2017

There is one thing about Dale's texture maps that puzzles me. His chest has some very light colored, very long, curvy marks. They look like they were painted onto the texture. Are they supposed to be additional chest hair? The ones up high on his chest look too long and too light to match the real chest hair in the photo reference.

Dale white lines.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Dale white lines detail.jpg
    800 x 800 - 336K
    Dale white lines detail 2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 377K
    edited April 2017

I looked at Abel now, and I see he has similar long white marks. sadMaybe I never rendered him shirtless before.

edited April 2017

Ah yes, pesky body hair. I wish they'd just make people shave everything. Usually if it's all the one colour, it's easier to invert the bumps. If it's salt and pepper hair, you can guess what happens.

I can't remove all of it, but I'll have a go at tidying up the obvious or out of place ones today. In the future, I'll be more mindful of it.

I'll post results later and then get an update happening if you like it. :)

Post edited by Saiyaness on

Thanks, that would be great. The white lines seem to be in the diffuse texture. I didn't look at the other maps to see if they are there or not. To me, they appear to be something that was added, rather than something in the photo reference.

The renders are a bit crude, but you get the gist. I left some of the white hairs on his chest, but the hairs further up did look a bit odd. 

If the fix is satisfactory, I'll submit it tonight. It'll take a few days to show up. 

I looked at Abel and did some test renders and I'm not unhappy with his white hairs, being an old man. If you're having them look too white, it could be the specular map making them too bright. Let me know.

Dale00.jpg
    500 x 650 - 208K
    Dale01.jpg
    500 x 650 - 208K
    Dale02.jpg
    600 x 480 - 175K
    Dale03.jpg
    600 x 480 - 174K

Are these before and after renders? The renders are kind of small, so it is kind of hard to tell. I think I can see improvement on Dale01 and Dale03. I see that some of the very long white lines very high up are gone in those images, so that is better. Thanks for working on this.

I'll take a look at Abel again. I didn't save a render of him at the time.

edited April 2017

This is what I see on Abel. The circled area looks unnatural to me. To me, the white lines seem too long and too wide to be natural hair. They just look drawn on. I tend to do pretty high resolution renders, so this shows up. On a small render, it is less visible, I suppose. Even the compression done by the forum makes them a little less visible.

Abel white chest lines area.jpg
    800 x 800 - 467K
    Abel white chest lines.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M

Rightyo, I'll get on it. From a quick test with different light set-ups, it's the spec maps making them super bright - they blend in properly with different spec maps (from a hairless chest) so no blinding white hairs. 

I don't draw on chest hairs. That would be silly. They're from the references. 

In future, I'll try to avoid body hair, full stop, so this doesn't happen. 

Will update here when I do the fix, okay? 

Oh, and I'll do bigger renders for you. 

• yeah I'l be 45 this year and I'm seeing more hair all over myself such as back and in odd areas and not my normal colour so kinda not suprised on these two

• only thing is if you avoid any models to use that have chest hair you may be missing out on creating some pretty unique characters and these two are that 

Saiyaness said:

Rightyo, I'll get on it. From a quick test with different light set-ups, it's the spec maps making them super bright - they blend in properly with different spec maps (from a hairless chest) so no blinding white hairs. 

I don't draw on chest hairs. That would be silly. They're from the references. 

In future, I'll try to avoid body hair, full stop, so this doesn't happen. 

Will update here when I do the fix, okay? 

Oh, and I'll do bigger renders for you.

Great! That is the kind of PA attention that creates loyal customers!