New Carrara Promo Reel

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Although it is the older one, it is still a Daz Trademark,  I do know that Daz are quite protective of their trademarks,  and on one occasion a Daz PA had to redo some textures in a product because they featured that very same logo.

You could file a ticket and ask permission.,  is about the only thing I can suggest, 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited April 2017

Thanks,  I'll do that.  I just rendered a different image of the anim to replace the one there now... will replace pronto. Thanks again. 

[edit]  Done... I posted the first image from the anim which doesn't show it as it appears in Carrara.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

safety tip   dont bandicam carrara splash screen, haz serial on it.

fortunately the tubes has edit tools, was fairly simple to cut it out of clip.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    th3Digit said:

no particles are not affected or have any affect on physics.

Your character can kick a ball using physics

or use kittylitter

are videos, second has particle poop

Wendy - you crack me up sometimes!  And the cat noises in the first video had one of my cats immediately look up and then come over to investigate!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Wow... Thanks for bringing these to the new page, Phil! I forgot that I didn't have time to watch them when I first saw the post... I agree... Wendy, always a pleasure! heart

Chohole said:

Although it is the older one, it is still a Daz Trademark,  I do know that Daz are quite protective of their trademarks,  and on one occasion a Daz PA had to redo some textures in a product because they featured that very same logo.

You could file a ticket and ask permission.,  is about the only thing I can suggest, 

Chohole,  Thanks again.  I heard back from CS and you are absolutely correct... glad you warned me.  Gonna have to model and animate something else.

Already have a few ideas... will have to give a few of them a go and see what I can come up with.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

you might be able to toss the Carrara cube with the broken corner in as was old Evocia days and close enough to an alphabet block to be generic

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    th3Digit said:

you might be able to toss the Carrara cube with the broken corner in as was old Evocia days and close enough to an alphabet block to be generic

That still is the Mac icon (I personally think it looks better!)

I love that icon. There's a free model of it in evilproducer's Fantasy Village at ShareCG!

The scene is also truly amazing, and I love the book that comes with it! yes

I too like the Eovia Carrara Cube... I have Evil's Fantasy Village, probably uninstalled.  In the Carrara Challenge "Carrara 9 give us a sign"  I designed a cube along with a very different font which is a separate object.

A few other ideas is to give the Promo Reel a name like CPR short for Carrara Promo Reel of course and 2017.  I was thinking of playing with shader settings an SFX.  Perhaps have just the word Carrara change from an invisible shader which becomes visible.  A better example are the opening credits/actors for Sleepy Hollow movie with Johnny Depp in it.  One thought is to have "Carrara" be or end centered, top half of screen... after it's appearance perhaps a glint or twinkle runs across it's golden or silver letters.  Afterwards perhaps Promo Reel appears under that then 2017.   Not sure if 2017 ought to be there at all as it will likely be mentioned in end credits.  Main objective is to keep it short so everyone else's incredible art/anims do not get cut.

Still thinking of other ideas...  if anyone has other ideas please share them with me... none of my ideas are written in stone. wink

a  CarrarArtist  prop to use in renders as a render badge would be kewl smiley

sometimes i forget where the extra 'R' goes  >.<

edited April 2017

Cararra... nope... backspaceX4 - type type type....rara. Nearly goofed up Carrara... whew glad I caught that. smiley

Kewl idea Misty!  Do you want the entire word "CarrarArtist" spelled out?  Might take up a bit of room... how about CA as one object where right leg of A is gone and is formed from lower curve, or not curve of C.  Hmm... gotta give it a go in VM anyway... even if just for fun and practice.  May create as a font to use as a Font Object... like my WGD sig which I use instead of using postwork.  That way folks could use the font in PSP, PS or whatever paint program they use... perhaps follow their current sig with the CA.

I had just run another logo design for the promo, in my head, I had though about 3 funky C's in a pattern similar to current Tri Logo but very different.  I've sorta scratched that idea and may go for CPR in the form of a triangle with some letters facing outwards... just thought of maybe using this in addition to my last idea... fade out Carrara Promo Reel and fade in CPR. 

edited April 2017
    Mistara said:

a  CarrarArtist  prop to use in renders as a render badge would be kewl smiley

sometimes i forget where the extra 'R' goes  >.<

Misty,  this is a very - very rough idea of what I have in mind with the C and A being joined.  As I said it is rough... only worked on it for a minute... smoothing is at 5 and does not help.  If you like this idea I'll improve upon it - a lot.

Holey Moley Misty Molly... this is the worst image I've ever posted... Good Grief Charlie Brown.

I've also got a start for one in TypeTool3 for a font.

CarrarArtist_badge_VeryRoughIdea.png
    640 x 480 - 206K

CarrAratist? smiley

Mistara said:

CarrAratist? smiley

I'll give it a go in TypeTool3 also.

I've modeled a much better CA in my Modeling Objects in Carrara - Q&A - Come One and All thread.  It's a lot better looking than the one above... but could still use a bit of touching up...  see my post There.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Can someone tell me how to post a video?

Thanks!

I upload it to YouTube and then copy the URL and paste it here. You don't need to do anything special - the forum recognises the URL as YouTube and embeds it in the post.

PhilW said:

I upload it to YouTube and then copy the URL and paste it here. You don't need to do anything special - the forum recognises the URL as YouTube and embeds it in the post.

Right. "Embed" options don't work in this forum - and if we just copy the link to the video... it only works as a link. So to have the little YouTube player in the post, start playing the YouTube video, right-click in the viewer > "Copy Video URL", then paste that directly as text in the post.

So to have the little YouTube player in the post, start playing the YouTube video, right-click in the viewer > "Copy Video URL", then paste that directly as text in the post.

Ah, got it, thanks!  Man, the learning never stops...

Nope. Never does! 

edited April 2017

Well, speaking of learning...

I just learned today that Marcelo Teixeira (aka GKDantas) compiled this amazing Carrara promo video for Daz back in 2008.  It is long, but it is is so darn interesting that it has caused me to rethink how a Carrara promo video should be done.

BTW - Marcelo is our PA sponsor for the current Challenge.  I will post more info about that soon.

EDIT - this is the Carrara that I remember hearing about back in my earlier days!  I just watched the video again, and actually got emotional.  Marcelo, a belated well-done!

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Yeah, he made that one pretty long because it was for showing at a booth at a tech show ;)

• therixxtherixx Posts: 91
    edited May 2017

Come on guys, you cannot spell our favourite program's name wrong! cheeky
    Correct name is CARRARA with 2 "RR"s first and a single "R" following. If you can spell "Ferrari", you can't go wrong with Carrara wink
    It is the same name of the Italian town Carrara
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrara
    Which is famous for its marble quarries.
    I wonder if the name of the program comes from here since Carrara is also an application for modeling/sculpting...

Post edited by therixx on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited May 2017

that's true, carrara is one of the most popular marble quarries ever, all the marble you can see on ancient roman ruines likely comes from Carrara, a tuscan town

here a quick video I did a couple of years ago to test character animation potential, would be great to show off many clips like this one within the promo

Post edited by magaremoto on

are there prizes for clips?  smiley

edited May 2017

Dart,  Below is an early WIP of a logo design for an anim for the promo.  Once I'm satisfied with it's design, smoothness etc, I'm planning on breaking it apart into chunks... so there will be 2 versions, solid for final and chunks for start.  The chunks will tumble into frame from various angles and finally come together to form a solid causing a flash when the chunks are welded.  Today I'm modeling a new version with more teeth.

is this project still open?  smiley

this thread would be nice if stickied !

This project seems to have stalled after starting with all good intentions. I know Dart is busy with RL at the moment, any ideas on how to progress it and bring it to fruition?