Sickbay - Minishelves and Pill Bottles

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited August 2014 in Freebies

nc = non-commercial

Designed for to be a part of [one day] a Star Trek set so it's non-commercial use only.

A wall with a couple of doors for 'swooshing' open [slides on the 'x']. A .cr2 file. As it loads, figures loading at 0.0.0 would be 'inside' the room. Other side would be the hallway.

Doors can be hidden if you want to use just the wall.

Feel free to recolour/texture the item to suite your scenes ... templates in the texture folder. No textures included this time. Item is uvmapped.
link retired

11 May 2013 added: link retired

There would be 2, one about where this loads, and the second over a bit on the same wall.

as_loads_M4_is_inside_room.jpg
827 x 930 - 76K
Can_hide_or_use_doors.jpg
723 x 691 - 50K
Symmetry_yes.jpg
652 x 1000 - 46K
Wall_with_Doors.jpg
919 x 816 - 69K
Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Anything from a certion starship is always nice :) Thank you!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

You're welcome.

Working on some chairs for the room. One style is about half done.

edited August 2014

Okay, here's the first piece of furniture for the room.
    link retired

004.jpg
    600 x 600 - 45K
    003.jpg
    600 x 562 - 72K
    002.jpg
    600 x 600 - 66K
    001.jpg
    552 x 536 - 32K
    edited August 2014

And here's a picture .pp2 file for the same wall :-)

It loads just a tad from the wall to show off the back which is pink. The front is displaying the previously released texture and FX on the opacity.
    link retired

back_is_pink.png
    1182 x 815 - 402K
    Picture_for_WallwDoors.jpg
    600 x 562 - 42K
    edited December 1969

More awesome goodness! Thank you and keep it coming :D

edited May 2013

You're welcome.

I was hoping to do some "kitbashing" and redistribute of the set I'm using as a pattern for this, but so far the communications systems seems to be not working, downloading from the site has become ridiculously slow and files corrupted ... so ... well ... it's going to take awhile for me to "remake" all this.

I have 2 of the 'ceiling lights' done. Planning to release those later with other prop items still WIP.

Taking a look at the room for all the patients ... okay. I think I need a few reference images for the base of the beds etc. [found what I needed]

edited to remove and change a bit of info. I have found a name and email address for the original mesh which thankfully doesn't belong to the website. So hopefully it'll work :-)

wip_(2).png
    900 x 619 - 233K
    wheregoes.png
    714 x 595 - 93K
    edited August 2014

The next wall completing the waiting room corner, with a picture on it, the ceiling lights and I've included the Peddle Bed/Chair this time as a prop. Files do not overwrite previous releases ... now you have a choice. The prop file loads a little faster but cannot be animated.
    link retired

so_far.jpg
    600 x 469 - 42K
    edited December 1969

Not the furniture yet, but the Patients' Room is done. In final checking/packing stage so hopefully sometime tomorrow it'll be available.

A .cr2 file so one can hide walls, ceiling, joints, rotate 'em, have some fun ;-)

whereloads.jpg
    600 x 485 - 24K
    uvmapped.jpg
    600 x 600 - 88K
    lotsofBones.jpg
    600 x 600 - 41K
    001.jpg
    600 x 600 - 29K
    edited December 1969

Before I forget again ...

If anybody is interested for this remake I'm working on, I've been using an image from one source and a mesh from another as a "pattern". All mesh is "new", created in Hexagon. But as I'm not working from schematics but other people's work, I call this a remake. As far as I can tell, J.W.Neto may be the creator of the original max file and either he or someone else has compiled together a lot of images for the Sickbay called "Enfermaria". I seem to have collected this file from 3 or 4 sources so ? its origins.

Anyhow, my thanks to those who have gone before ... and if certain folk wish that this [when finished] be uploaded to a certain website [concept was fine with me], they'll have to make contact as my efforts to contact you seem to be lost in the wind tunnel.

edited December 1969

I can only speak for myself and state that I am very eager to use this set when finished. It is coming along very well.

edited August 2014

Good to hear! This is a lot of work.

link retired

And since I found them while packing files, here's a re-up for those TOS Andorian antennae I made sometime ago. link retired

link retired

Andorian_Antennae_re-up.jpg
    600 x 600 - 35K
    006.jpg
    600 x 600 - 34K
    001.jpg
    600 x 464 - 28K
    edited August 2014

Wall Pad, an add-on for the Patient Rooms wall ... TMP style ;-)
    link retired

WallPadPromo.jpg
    600 x 600 - 26K
    edited August 2014

Finally the heat wave broke long enough I could get some more modeling done :-)

link retired

Prop loads "one" in position. Use the Parameter tab to reposition more copies loaded in. Resize and reposition as necessary and "parent" to the appropriate joint.

You may notice a template for a blanket in the zip ... yes it's done too but won't be made into a prop for release until the bed is done. It has several shading domains so one can make a striped blanket if they want to.

One_Table_Ledge.png
    1000 x 971 - 461K
    edited August 2014

The BioBed plus monitors and more 'wall pads'. link retired

This bed is a basic flat slab. If somebody wants a round 'neck pillow', I also have a "cargo tube" in my DA Gallery which could be resized and turned into a neck pillow or what we call here, a body pillow.

perspective.png
    800 x 444 - 213K
    BioBedSet.png
    1000 x 957 - 583K
    edited December 1969

wow this is really coming along so well.

edited August 2014

Thank you .... and here's the blanket that loads at 'zero' ... also a partially unfolded one.
    It's a lot easier to reposition items that load at 'zero'. ;-)

link retired

edited December 1969

Some teasers for the moment. Will package and upload sometime later.

SolidVersions_Too.jpg
    1000 x 829 - 94K
    Promo1.jpg
    1000 x 882 - 68K
    asitloads.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 99K
    edited August 2014

And here is the link!

link retired

edited December 1969

Love it! :) Thanks

edited August 2014

And finally! The last piece for the Patient Rooms ... yes I know there are more rooms lol ...

The big console with monitors!

link retired

whereloads.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 84K
    lotsMatzones.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 54K
    Patient_Rooms_Console.jpg
    835 x 1000 - 65K
    edited June 2013

"Making Skins" Tutorial !This is perfect, I have used PSP version 7 for 15 years... I finally bought Paint Shop Pro X5 (Great price on Amazon.com) and so this tutorial is perfect as I learn the newer version of Paint Shop Pro.

Not to mention more props for Star Trek :)

Thank You!

Post edited by Skelch on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the feedback. Happy the tutorial is helpful :-)

I have the 3 "little rooms" modeled ... no furniture though. Hope to rig them and upload them later on in the week. That will be it for the 'remake' part of the Sickbay. Any more pieces I may model for 'a' Sickbay will be either under 'extras' for the Sickbay or in another folder completely.

edited August 2014

The last "3 Little Rooms" link retired

.cr2 file for 3 little rooms, they load in place.

Bonus prop for the floor/ceiling included. Load 2, raise one. [if wanted, it's just a plane]

One needs to watch the viewspace for the camera and/or put in some filler bits and pieces [could use the plane resized] for between the walls.

I have some ideas which may or not happen to polish the set off but I am busy and I do not wish to rush through this. It's a hobby. If/when released would either be as 'extra parts' in folders near the Sickbay or in another folder of my own altogether.

Enjoy the Summer,
    Catherine.

layout.png
    1000 x 434 - 110K
    3_little_rooms.jpg
    1000 x 862 - 84K
    edited December 1969

Yes the 'remake' part is finished. However there were obviously some areas requiring attention to finish the set for use in our programs.

So working now on some extras.

I trust all the die-hard fans realize that none of this set is 100% right on with the canon however, close enough for many a scene.

This is the 'connecting wall' I'm working on next.
    Keeping in mind that our weather is wacky hot/cold/dry/stormy, there's is no promised eta.

What's left to do for this is the uvmapping, assigning Shading Domains, testing and making it into a .cr2 file.

connecting_wall_wip.png
    762 x 465 - 69K
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited December 1969

Woo Hoo! I can always use a medlab... just need to train M4 to keep saying "D@#? it Jim, I am doctor, not a [ insert occupation here] !"

Thanks bunches!

edited December 1969

Progressing nicely but slowly. [brand 'x' of popcorn is TERRIBLE. Don't buy it. Need something to uvmap!]

Okay ... got 2 walls uvmapped and saved out. No textures, no doors, no air, oh well.

After the main uvmapping and basic Shading Domains are applied guess I'd better look into making some door Shading Domains.
    IF I can cut out the mesh for the doors without destroying the otherwise working set I will do that. Working doors are my preference too.

air.png
    437 x 474 - 135K
    wip.png
    435 x 443 - 111K
    edited December 1969

Just flying by with a couple of wip views.

002.png
    791 x 590 - 108K
    001.png
    802 x 587 - 50K
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited December 1969

Looking good!
    It could even pass for a brig.... hmmmm ; )

edited July 2013

Yes I guess so. Transport people in and out of it!

I made the doors. I have made them separate. Decided I'd better redo the uvmapping. Have done the doors.
    Another day I'll have to fix up and redo the uvmapping on the walls.

Apparently one can get away with adding "one side" of faces to fill gaps in a wall, and extract a line around to keep the shape ... without loosing the uvmap. But one cannot get away with this "around corners", sigh. Okay ...

Doors are not "canon". There are a few types ... and I'll be surprized if any of them work correctly when rigged. The wall is curved. Ergo, the doors are curved. To slide open/close a door usually involves a straight line, not a curve. Of course you could probably just swing 'em like normal doors but that wouldn't be Trek.

After I've re-uvmapped what's left of the walls, I'll remake the shading domains.

I'll try to get in some Shading domains for a strip or two so people don't walk into the glass walls.

Hexagon isn't wanting to fix the walls :-( This will take awhile. Fix one line, it breaks 2 more ... one of those days.

edited July 2013

Okay! We have the rooms front walls and doors uvmapped with a gazillion shading domains.

Next will be to clean up the unrequired references that D/S4.5 loves to find and then rig them! So, possibility exists for release sometime on Friday.

In the meantime, this isn't my work but it's a lovely set and quite usable for those down to earth scenes from time to time ;-)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=70847 The Oval White House by TruForm.

Update :-) Rigging next!

No strips on doors/walls but I did get the uvmaps pretty flat for everyone ... "every" section has its own zone. There are several which one would probably 'hide' using the opacity tabs so that's all easy enough to do.

This extra bit has been modeled in the latest Hexagon and will be rigged in D/S4.5
    It should work in D/S3+ and Poser7+ as far as I know. [legacy rigging, .cr2 file]
    I did make templates, hopefully I'll remember to include them.
    No textures included.
    As the little rooms' front walls are expected to be glass type, shaders might be the preferred method of texturing them.
    Make the corner bits the same colour as the main walls.
    All wall sections/corners/doors have their own bones too. Can show/hide them as you please.

Now while I tried to match the 'size' of the uvmesh from section to section, remember that in Hexagon, 'packing' is done manually. So if you're using precision textures there would be a slight difference from section to section.