Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• madmaxneo1madmaxneo1 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Ahh, I remember being at that site before but I couldn't figure out where to put the presets I downloaded. I can see the lmh files go into the presets folder. Do the jpg files go into maps or geometries?

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Ahh, I remember being at that site before but I couldn't figure out where to put the presets I downloaded. I can see the lmh files go into the presets folder. Do the jpg files go into maps or geometries?

It doesn't matter: you may unzip the preset archive in a folder of your choice. The LAMH player will load all the assets (thus .lmh and textures) automatically.

• madmaxneo1madmaxneo1 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Cool, thanks Alessandro!
    I can't wait to try these out.
    Right now I have to get ready for my game!

edited December 1969

As promised, here is a tutorial that shows how to export from DAZ Studio+LAMH to Vue, set the materials properly and achieve a decent render. Sorry it took so long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J6j3BFM7WU&feature=youtu.be

• mmanfullmmanfull Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

I still can't delete a LAMH object or a shave group without DAZ Studio crashing. Every time. Can anybody provide some insight? Thanks.

edited December 1969

mmanfull said:
    I still can't delete a LAMH object or a shave group without DAZ Studio crashing. Every time. Can anybody provide some insight? Thanks.

Hello, what Studio version are you using? Can you send the log files subsequent a crash at 'info@alessandromastronardi,com' (both DS and LAMH log files). See that if the LAMH Group/Object is parented, the crash is assured; if not, from my knowledge it shouldn't happen. Thanks

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

mmanfull said:

As Alessandro said, we need a bit more information than you've provided to give an answer that applies. A bit of background on what steps you are performing so that one of us can determine if it is something simple that is being overlooked.

Kendall

• ilseturnbullilseturnbull Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

No idea if this is the right thread or not, if it isn't please move it, thanks.
    I have the free player downloaded and installed.
    Today I bought the full version. Do I have to uninstall the free player? I thought I saw somewhere that it had to be uninstalled first. I do have the manual and instructions for installing the full version, but it doesn't say anything about the free player. At least I haven't seen it.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I really hope you guys are working on getting your marvelous product to work fully under the iRay engine!

edited December 1969

No idea if this is the right thread or not, if it isn't please move it, thanks.
    I have the free player downloaded and installed.
    Today I bought the full version. Do I have to uninstall the free player? I thought I saw somewhere that it had to be uninstalled first. I do have the manual and instructions for installing the full version, but it doesn't say anything about the free player. At least I haven't seen it.

uninstall the player first.

Kendall

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I really hope you guys are working on getting your marvelous product to work fully under the iRay engine!

Iray is on our list.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Thanks Kendall, will do.

edited December 1969

How do you uninstall Look at my hair free player?
    I looked in program Files (x86) DAZ3D - DAZ3DIM1 - Uninstallers - nothing for LooK at My Hair

I also looked in Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio - LookatmyhairAM
    Would I just delete that folder?

I also looked in Program Files - DAZ 3D - DAZStudio 4 - plugins - lookat myhairAM

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Iray is on our list.

Kendall

Very happy to hear that Kendall! :-)

edited December 1969

How do you uninstall Look at my hair free player?
    I looked in program Files (x86) DAZ3D - DAZ3DIM1 - Uninstallers - nothing for LooK at My Hair

I also looked in Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio - LookatmyhairAM
    Would I just delete that folder?

I also looked in Program Files - DAZ 3D - DAZStudio 4 - plugins - lookat myhairAM

Normally you'd do it through the DAZ DIM. But if is not listed there, you can remove the player manually deleting the file:

Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/lamhPlayerPlugin.dll

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited May 2015

Normally you'd do it through the DAZ DIM. But if is not listed there, you can remove the player manually deleting the file:

Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/lamhPlayerPlugin.dll

Thanks for that info, that was something I was wondering about myself as I do plan on purchasing the full LAMH in due course.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Of course I read the instructions wrong and uninstalled manually. But I went back and found it in the DIM and uninstalled from there too. DAZ still works so I managed not to blow anything up.
    Thank you

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,746
    edited December 1969

Do I need to buy the full program just to lengthen the hair of a preset?

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

yes, any styling you need the full version. A workaround for hair is to export as fibermesh and use a deformer to pull part of the hair to make it longer. But seriously full version is worth it! <3</p>

edited December 1969

Not being in the mood to learn yet something else new, lol, is it as simple as buying the product and just going into the tab and tell it to be longer, much like the grass shaders? Anything more than that will take too long. I need the project finished tonight.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Not being in the mood to learn yet something else new, lol, is it as simple as buying the product and just going into the tab and tell it to be longer, much like the grass shaders? Anything more than that will take too long. I need the project finished tonight.

No...definitely not that simple.

And if you need it done tonight, no...

edited December 1969

Thanks for letting me know :D

edited December 1969

Thanks for letting me know :D

What's the preset for?

edited December 1969

It's the mil dog 'wolf' preset. I am trying to represent a golden retriever mix and wanted longer hair. But I'll make do.

edited December 1969

I managed a color setup I like, but saving the file doesn't save the settings. It reloads with the original colors. I see an 'export settings' text, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

edited December 1969

I managed a color setup I like, but saving the file doesn't save the settings. It reloads with the original colors. I see an 'export settings' text, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

Hello, it won't actually save a custom color set (that's a feature that is still missing from the free player), so you will have to re-enter the three colors each time.

edited December 1969

That"s what I feared. I took some awkward notes in the scene tab on how to repeat the colors. How do ya'll do it?

edited December 1969

That"s what I feared. I took some awkward notes in the scene tab on how to repeat the colors. How do ya'll do it?

If I understand the question, well you just load the .lmh preset, and then in the LAMH Pane you click on the Root color box and enter the desired color, and to the same with Tip and Specular. I understand it's an annoyance, but it will take a few seconds to do that.
    Once the colors are set you can render.

edited December 1969

you can also apply shaders to the fur via the surfaces tab. I do this frequently. I THINK it works with free version too?

edited December 1969

What I meant was, when I go to reopen the file, the color settings reopen with the default colors, not the custom colors. I hadn't thought to try the surfaces tab, lol.