Help Need with using premade Scene(s) they’re Rendering Black Screen(s)

I just recently purchased 2 premade Scenes “Ocean Wide (http://www.daz3d.com/ocean-wide ) and UltruMarine Ocean (http://www.daz3d.com/ultrumarine-ocean )”. Both sets have preset/Preposition Lights & Cameras but every time I just load the sets & do a test render I got a black screen. I think I know in the UltruMarine Ocean that problem is that the Ocean Sphere somehow is blocking the camera. I’m not sure if it is the settings I have wrong or what?

Here is what I have been doing normal for a test render (with in Daz Studio & I’m using Iray)…

1. I pick one of the two scenes & load it

2. Then I render it via Ctrl+R

3. I normally get the black screen

4. I change to another preset Camera & Render the scene again

5. The same black screen

Thanks for your help,

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,355

I think these scenes are for 3DL. So you may have to set up lights for Iray

• Skydomes don't play well with Iray. I don't have these sets, so I'm not sure how well Ocean Wide would work without the skydome, but you could try removing the skydome prop and using the default Iray sky (or an HDRI image) instead. With Ultrumarine Ocean, my inclination would be to render in 3Delight, but if you want to convert it, you'd probably either have to turn the Ocean Sphere off, or do something unusual with the lighting (like using point lights and spotlights rather than natural/"dome" lighting.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,421

Try setting the DS renderer to 3Delight. 

• Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177

Yes, both Scenes are for 3DL,  I wish that Daz would have a note marking what scene is for which Render Engine.

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    Turk_WLF said:

Yes, both Scenes are for 3DL,  I wish that Daz would have a note marking what scene is for which Render Engine.

If there is a skydome in the scene it's usually for 3DL. Skydomes for IRAY are noramlly going to be done via HDRIs on the Render tab. There should be an option there to render the HDRI so you can see it. In order to rotate it to position where the sun is, a common trick is to set the preview window to render in IRAY, so there is less to render.