Freak 5 Thread

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

...Not only is everyone entitled to his or her opinion, but I think that pretty much all the opinions, both pro and con, on F5 in this thread have some validity--everyone has a different perspective, and different needs and expectations.

The other point I'd like to make is, thank you to dan.shive and Jabba101 for posting those comparison renders. :)

Exactly! Thanks for taking the obligation away from me! :-)
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I like freak 5's skin and I can see some real potential here, to add some buffness to standarad M5. I'm all for more male figures.

How does freak 5 mix with Michael 5? Does he look good?

I think you know the answer. Unfortunately I don't have a screen to prove it. But yes you can have success mixing the two in various amounts.

I'd say typically you would start with M5 and add in small amounts of freak, and not the other way around though.

I'm not clear what you mean that I know the answer? =-) I wish I did, but I haven't bought freak yet.=-)

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not clear what you mean that I know the answer? =-) I wish I did, but I haven't bought freak yet.=-)

One of my posts on the previous page shows some mixing of Michael 5 and Freak 5.
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:

One of my posts on the previous page shows some mixing of Michael 5 and Freak 5.

Thanks, I see that. Looks good. I like the small bits of freak inserted into M5. It adds some buffness the other muscled characters don't seem to add.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited January 2013

My bad, I was teasing that you KNOW Genesis tends to blend whatever together well. So yes adding a bit of the Freak into Micheal is fair game.

I tend to test a lot of stuff and not do renders, so I did some testing, but didn't have evidence of how it went.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

My bad, I was teasing that you KNOW Genesis tends to blend whatever together well. So yes adding a bit of the Freak into Micheal is fair game.

I tend to test a lot of stuff and not do renders, so I did some testing, but didn't have evidence of how it went.

Ah, I see. =-) I do like the buffness of freak and think this might add something to make a more muscular M5

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Well, SOME Genesis shapes don't blend well - mostly the ones that drastically change the anatomy, like triple jointed legs or changing the number of fingers or toes - blend in partially and the legs / feet / whatever look weird. And blend another shape in with one of those at full, and you start to see vestigial toes, fingers, etc.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:

Well, SOME Genesis shapes don't blend well - mostly the ones that drastically change the anatomy, like triple jointed legs or changing the number of fingers or toes - blend in partially and the legs / feet / whatever look weird. And blend another shape in with one of those at full, and you start to see vestigial toes, fingers, etc.

Agreed, that's why I said tends to. Thanks for the disclaimer that I will now steal and paste into my post.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:

Actually, I've had not bad results with using Anubis legs at about 10% for some non-humans I was creating. ;) Shoes end up being a pain, but when aren't they.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

This is my attempt at making something She-Freakish with Freak 5. I started by combining him with Victoria 5, but I didn't like the results. Basic Female, as a morph, focuses specifically on making things more female while not changing much else, and I think that helped make the difference here. Hair is Pure Hair Fantasy and texture is V5 Bree.

Basic Female 100%
    Freak 5 50%
    Voluptuous 50%
    Victoria 5 Head 100%
    Basic Female Head -100%
    Freak 5 Head -50%
    Head Propagating Scale 5%
    Chest Width -50%
    Torso Length -50%
    Navel 50%
    Hand Propagating Scale (both hands) -25%
    Legs Length 40%

musclewoman.png
    546 x 728 - 350K
    Post edited by dan.shive on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

Well I've managed to find a use for the Freak 5 Morph.
    60% Freak 5, and several bits of the heads that come with the base and the add on.
    And some other stuff

oldbarbarian.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 297K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Scary!!!!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

Freak 5 + Child Scale + Raw Demon

DemonFreak.jpg
    965 x 1250 - 314K
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:
    This is my attempt at making something She-Freakish with Freak 5. I started by combining him with Victoria 5, but I didn't like the results. Basic Female, as a morph, focuses specifically on making things more female while not changing much else, and I think that helped make the difference here. Hair is Pure Hair Fantasy and texture is V5 Bree.

Basic Female 100%
    Freak 5 50%
    Voluptuous 50%
    Victoria 5 Head 100%
    Basic Female Head -100%
    Freak 5 Head -50%
    Head Propagating Scale 5%
    Chest Width -50%
    Torso Length -50%
    Navel 50%
    Hand Propagating Scale (both hands) -25%
    Legs Length 40%

Thanks for posting! This looks great! I may try this now too! =-)

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Is the Freak 5 character all inclusive?

I don't own any Genesis add-on shapes, Micheal 5, or any of the muscle packs.

Does one need anything else to get Freak 5 to look like Freak 5 in the adverts?

I'm thinking of purchasing this for the musculature sculpts, but need to know if they are piggy-backing off of other products that may be needed first.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited January 2013

DaremoK3 said:
    Is the Freak 5 character all inclusive?

I don't own any Genesis add-on shapes, Micheal 5, or any of the muscle packs.

Does one need anything else to get Freak 5 to look like Freak 5 in the adverts?

I'm thinking of purchasing this for the musculature sculpts, but need to know if they are piggy-backing off of other products that may be needed first.

Yes, all-inclusive, just add Freak 5 to the default Genesis shape and you'll have an instant brick outhouse of a guy :D
    ... obviously the other morphpacks can help customise the look to your own precise tastes, but they are not required if you're already happy with the "out of the box" look for F5 - or should I say "looks" as even the basic F5 package includes half a dozen alternate face shapes that can all be mixed-and-matched in the parameters settings.
    Post edited by Jabba on
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Jabba101.

Much appreciated.

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited December 1969

I know i asked earlier....but I haven't seen an answer. Does anyone kno how long the Freak bundle will be on sale (with the extra discount)? It seems harder to hunt down that information.......it use to be right on the product page, close to the marked down price.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I know i asked earlier....but I haven't seen an answer. Does anyone kno how long the Freak bundle will be on sale (with the extra discount)? It seems harder to hunt down that information.......it use to be right on the product page, close to the marked down price.

That was a LOOOONG time ago. We don´t answer your question because we don´t know.

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited December 1969

I am sorry, I thought the forums were moderated by Daz3d.....and maybe someone would pop in and answer this.....

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited February 2013

I don't think the Daz store employees tell the moderators.

I'm not sure Daz even decides, right away, when some sales will end.

They may want to keep their options open.

They might just wait for the buying spree to drop off, then they end that sale and start another.

Also, when they do announce a date, in email, or on the Hot Promotions page, they often end up extending it, because a bug knocked out shopping, for a day or weekend. (Bugs like pricing glitches, store going down during prime shopping hours, categories getting messed up...).

Still, it causes anxiety for the customer.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

I am sorry, I thought the forums were moderated by Daz3d.....and maybe someone would pop in and answer this.....

We don't get told about any sale. We know as much as you guys do.

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

i bought the starter bundle, but there seems to be a problem with Andrei - it doesnt work. whenever i try to apply the Andrie character, i get error messages - it seems most of the textures - such as the face textures and bumps are missing. is there a fault in the download file, or is the instaler putting them in the wrong place? i've tried searching for the missing files, but i cant find them.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

Yes theres a fault in the packaging of both Andrei and Derek try resetting your download and reinstalling.

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

i reinstalled - it still gives an error message, but thats because its looking in the wrong place - it is looking for a F5 folder in Milman, but the required file is actually in the Genesis folder, under Freak 5. hope this is of help to others. sometimes the auto installer is more of a curse than a blessing.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

"Barbarian"

Playing with "The Freak 5" is a lot of fun!

2013-02-01_Barbarian_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 620K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited February 2013

Been playing around with some of the F5 shapes to do a Batman shape (attached image shows mix settings).

Currently rendering and I'll post once done.

Credit to RawArt for the freebie batskin http://rawart3d.deviantart.com/art/Arkham-Bat-Suit-282692374
    and also to Project Batman for the freebie batcowl & utility belt http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectBatman.htm

BatCapture.JPG
    1904 x 1028 - 209K
    Post edited by Jabba on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Playing around again...

Head_04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 474K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Cool pose, lighting and ... the skin is awesome, is it one of yours?

I've done this today:

Title: "Legionnaire attack"

2013-02-04_Legion_Attack_small_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 394K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Freak 5 making some turtle soup.

Rocksteady.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 354K