Freak 5 Thread

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

The newly released Real Feel Cozy Turtleneck Genesis has a Freak 5 figure in one of the promo images. He looks great.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

He looks great.

Sorry, but to be honest, I don't think he does.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    He looks great.

I would not worry until we see the actual Freak 5 released. Who knows what percentage of the morph(s) was/were used or what it may have been mixed with, in that promo.

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    He looks great.

I would not worry until we see the actual Freak 5 released. Who knows what percentage of the morph(s) was/were used or what it may have been mixed with, in that promo.

Both images so far look EXACTLY like a boring Freak 4 base with a minor face tweak, and they are clothing promos, I doubt its THAT far from the actual thing or it would'nt make sense.
    I already have the Iconic shape of Freak 4. So much potential for a figure totally wasted.
    I fear I'll get really dissaponted at DAZ for the first time.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

You're looking at him under figure-skimming clothing (and that's a splendid turtleneck mesh in my opinion, incidentally). Wait until he's out.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

I agree with sickle:) Wait till he's out:)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

I suspect that he may be lurking in one of the Time Traveler promos as well. But I'm not absolutely certain.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I suspect that he may be lurking in one of the Time Traveler promos as well. But I'm not absolutely certain.

Yep, it is him.
    F5_Promo.png
    797 x 762 - 33K
    edited January 2013

Hellboy said:
    Hellboy said:
    He looks great.

Both images so far look EXACTLY like a boring Freak 4 base with a minor face tweak, and they are clothing promos, I doubt its THAT far from the actual thing or it would'nt make sense.
    I already have the Iconic shape of Freak 4. So much potential for a figure totally wasted.
    I fear I'll get really dissaponted at DAZ for the first time.
    Now hold on. I think what may have to do with this involves the fact that he's wearing a much younger looking skin than the other promo I OP'ed with. Yes, I will agree that from what we can CURRENTLY see, he looks something like the F4 Iconic Shape with M5's Head morphed in or even M5 over-bulked up on Body Volume and Body Builder (yeah, I know, implying that the M5 all by himself isn't too bulky already :roll:). But keep in mind that we're only looking at his fundamental BASE. Who really uses 100% of those? Also, many veterans here will tell you that the Freak has always been, for the most part, a super muscled-up version of the respective generation's Michael, anyway.

Besides, every Gen 5 Icon is being released with a lot of nice stuff and interesting character morphs relevant to their genre. Freak is DAZ's Sci-Fi male, so you bet this guy's Pro Bundle will have something worth investing in if you're into that stuff (I'm not really that much, but I can think of a few good ways to make good use of such.). "Coincidentally" enough, if one were to so kindly gander to the current promos, Sci-Fi is JUST the thing that's being hyped up this week. ;)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Zev0 said:
    I will only get him if he adds something to the table like a bunch of morphs never seen before. A single body shape is just not enough for the normal asking price. I want custom freak5 morph content like super muscles etc. Something that adds a bit more value for what you're paying for.

I agree, but I really wouldn't mind a single body shape if that shape is something REALLY awesome that makes me happy using it out of the box.
    I was hoping for something around the detail quality of Mr. Hyde but with human proportions.
    That image has me dissapointed.

This is exactly what I always wanted for the Freak (within possibilities):

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?66278-Warrior-(WIP)

I would gladly pay a good sum for that shape and skin texture. I doubt the Freak 5 will look anything like this, but the few pics I've seen so far didn't look that different from Freak 4. But I'll wait until the product is released to make final judgement.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Hellboy said:
    Zev0 said:
    I will only get him if he adds something to the table like a bunch of morphs never seen before. A single body shape is just not enough for the normal asking price. I want custom freak5 morph content like super muscles etc. Something that adds a bit more value for what you're paying for.

I agree, but I really wouldn't mind a single body shape if that shape is something REALLY awesome that makes me happy using it out of the box.
    I was hoping for something around the detail quality of Mr. Hyde but with human proportions.
    That image has me dissapointed.

This is exactly what I always wanted for the Freak (within possibilities):

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?66278-Warrior-(WIP)

I would gladly pay a good sum for that shape and skin texture. I doubt the Freak 5 will look anything like this, but the few pics I've seen so far didn't look that different from Freak 4. But I'll wait until the product is released to make final judgement.

Tastes are different - that shape really would turn me off!
    I would prefer something along the lines of Freak3 - which I always envisioned as some kind of gentle giant ...

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited January 2013

Hellboy said:
    He looks great.

Looks like the PC version of the "Freak". Ya know people got upset at the name and so they had to change his image.

But yeah I can wait to see what he comes out with in a pro bundle. I'm sure his crust is double stuffed.* I kid. But seriously I'm sure he has a morph or two that make him extra nice, and he should have a lot of great gear to go along with it, at least I hope so.

Tastes are different - that shape really would turn me off!
    I would prefer something along the lines of Freak3 - which I always envisioned as some kind of gentle giant ...

I can make a gentle giant! But I wouldn't mind some crazy morph like that. Not an everyday figure, but could be useful...

*Pardon the obscure reference.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited January 2013

Well, after hearing everyone compare him to F4, including myself, I went ahead and tried something hypothetical out.

Here's a render of M5 with full Body Volume & Body Builder morphs (Left) accompanied by F4 with a half reduced Head with full M5 Head (Right) compared to the two images we have on F5 so far:

F5_Perspective.jpg
    638 x 696 - 111K
    07_4blueyes_cozytneck_genesis_freak5[1].jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 266K
    02_4blueyes_pulledsleevesgenesis_freak5_1[1].jpg
    500 x 650 - 81K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I'm willing to wait for the actual product, but from just the promo images for other products seen thus far I am an taken with Freak 5 - looks way too smooth and genial. Where's the lantern jaw, the beetle brow?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited January 2013

Wait for the product. Smooth he aint:) I for one was amazed at the detail..

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

That.

Right now, you guys are way off the mark with the speculating, so you may want to just save the comments.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited January 2013

Zev0 said:

That.

Right now, you guys are way off the mark with the speculating, so you may want to just save the comments.

Good luck with that.

BTW anyone seen the horse 2 turn into a dragon yet? Or a bunny rabbit? %-P

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Speculating is fun.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

That.

Good luck with that.

Well I can hope, can't I?

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

That.

Good luck with that.

Well I can hope, can't I?

Yep! With no hope you end up like Brooks, and that isn't good.

edited January 2013

Zev0 said:

That.

Oh come on, Male-M3dia, you know just as well as we do that stuff like this every time a DAZ Icon is about to hit the store. :)

Speaking of which, 28th or 31st, what do you guys think?

edited January 2013

But keep in mind that we're only looking at his fundamental BASE. Who really uses 100% of those?

I do.

so you bet this guy's Pro Bundle will have something worth investing in if you're into that stuff.

I don't need more clothes/poses/hair, I need a Freak 5. I was excited because with the nature of the character, all the advantages of Genesis and what we already have I was hoping for an innovative job. But at this point I'll just wait to see if this smooth and flat Freak 4.2 is worth the base on sale.

Post edited by Soto on
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

I don't need more clothes/poses/hair, I need a Freak 5. I was excited because with the nature of the character, all the advantages of Genesis and what we already have I was hoping for an innovative job. But at this point I'll just wait to see if this smooth and flat Freak 4.2 is worth the base on sale.

Now, now... someone didn't read the comments at the top of the page. ;)

edited January 2013

I did. But I trust more on what I see. And I doubt both clothing promos are really THAT far from the fit they are promoting.
    At least I know that beautiful turtle neck looks great on Freak 4.

Post edited by Soto on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

what I love about GenX is never having to be without a shape I want, including Freak

GF.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 200K
    edited December 1969

That's what I got zbrush for ;)

Sculpt a little custom goodness for my Freak 4...

"Brock, turn around and show 'em what I made ya in back."

"No."

;)

Brock01.jpg
    900 x 1170 - 230K
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    But keep in mind that we're only looking at his fundamental BASE. Who really uses 100% of those?

I do.

Yes, you very well may. but a vast majority of people almost never does. DAZ themselves even says that the Freak is supposed to be made was a humanoid starting point for something more stylized and powerful like monster hybrids and exaggerated character builds, etc. Also, like Kerya said, some people envision the Freak as a "gentle giant" kind of guy. and this new look that we're seeing in these latest images really responds to that notion. And doesn't say that people will limit his use to that. I personally can't wait to take this gentleman-like weight pumper and submerge him in Creature Creator morphs to make him properly express his namesake! ;)

so you bet this guy's Pro Bundle will have something worth investing in if you're into that stuff.

Trust me, I can bet money that I don't have that if anyone his is the sorest about a lack of Genesis Icon variation it's ME! At least we're GETTING a Freak 5. People like larsmidnatt will tell you I'm a "gotta cach'em all" guy when it comes to major DAZ releases like the Millennium Icons, but my favorites have always been David, Aiko & Hiro. Out of this 5th Generational run the only one out of that trio who made the cut was Hiro, and even then he was built in respect to a new anime female character who's not even an official DAZ Original shape (not that I have any complaints with Hitomi).

Still, I learned to make very good use of them all, even though I never use Hitomi's head and to this day I still have to blend Hiro with Michael to get a somewhat David-esque style build. So, there are ways to work with something to your liking, even if it doesn't give you that appealing first impression. So I would recommend giving F5 a chance and see what you can DO with it as opposed to just SEEING the plain base. :)

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I actually like what I've seen of F5 so far. Also, now we have Autofit he's not going to be short of clothes really. With the advent of Genesis I can see more 'one fits all' ranges of clothing rather than figure specific stuff.

Anyhow, we shall see.....

CHEERS!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Look at the included fits for the new release Knight Gear! ;-) http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/knight-gear-accessories